Start by marking “Limetown: The Prequel to the #1 Podcast” as Want to Read:
Limetown: The Prequel to the #1 Podcast

Limetown: The Prequel to the #1 Podcast

From the creators of the #1 podcast Limetown, an explosive prequel about a teenager who learns of a mysterious research facility where over three hundred people have disappeared—including her uncle—with clues that become the key to discovering the secrets of this strange town.

On a seemingly ordinary day, seventeen-year-old Lia Haddock hears news that will change her life f
Published November 13th 2018 by Simon Schuster (first published October 30th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Limetown, please sign up.
Tori Story Limetown is originally a fictional podcast series following an investigative journalist Lia Haddock. Season 2 just started recently. This book is a…moreLimetown is originally a fictional podcast series following an investigative journalist Lia Haddock. Season 2 just started recently. This book is a prequel to the podcast series! =)(less)

Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
As someone who has never listened to a podcast before (I know, I know.. I'll get there!), I was a little hesitant to read this book. However, as a prequel, it states you don't need to listen to the podcast to read this. I'm not sure I entirely agree with that, but how could I really know since I never listened to it, right?

There's two POVs - Emile and Lia, uncle and niece. He's disappeared in the mystery that is Limetown and Lia is looking for answers. Honestly, I felt lost most of the time. I w
Mariah Roze
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
APR Investigative Journalist Lia Haddock delves into the mystery of what happened to the entire population of Limetown that disappeared without a clue.

Season 1 was sooooo good! I hope there is a second season.
Matina
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a podcast fan, and a fan of fiction, so it should come as no surprise that the moment I got access to Limetown’s prequel novel also titled Limetown I dug right in. Because it is a novel connected to a podcast I’ve chosen to break this into two parts: a book review, and a review of how they connect.

I’m going to warn potential readers and listeners that the book does spoil major portions of the podcast. I've attempted to keep my review as spoiler free (for the book) as possible.

The book

Limet
Aerin
When this book came out, a couple of months ago, Audible recommended it to me. I had never heard of the podcast it's based on, but I was entranced by that cover. So I spent the next few weeks catching up on the audio program.

Limetown (the podcast) is fascinating. The format, at least in Season 1, is that of an NPR-style longform investigative radio show (à la Serial), in which reporter Lia Haddock looks into the mystery of Limetown. Ten years ago, all 300+ people in the isolated Tennessee villag
Mogsy (MMOGC)
2 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/12/23/...

I confess I’d never heard of the Limetown podcast, but when this prequel novel arrived for me by surprise from the publisher, I thought it might be worth checking out. Apparently you could read it independently of the podcast, and I figured even if I had no idea who all the character were or the background of the story, the fascinating premise should at least help carry me through. After all, a paranormal mystery about a m
Lauren Stoolfire
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Limetown is one of my favorite podcasts and I was absolutely thrilled to be approved for this prequel novel on NetGalley. While I liked the premise of the this story, it never managed to quite live up to the premise or my expectations. It tries to copy the style of the podcast, but here it comes off as too choppy for my tastes and it doesn't quite pull off the sense of unease as the original podcast. Plus, there seemed to be some
Molly
I listened to all of Limetown Season 1 in a day and was immediately devastated to be finished with it, so when this popped up on NetGalley, I was thrilled! The book follows Lia Haddock and her uncle, Emile Haddock, on their alternate journeys to discovering Limetown.

Unfortunately, I think the book is not nearly as good as the podcast. Each podcast episode ends on a slight cliffhanger, where the listener (or the reporter) is just discovering something deeply unsettling. The book tries to replica
Anna Denney
Unrealistic, however I was still compelled to finish it
Diane Hernandez
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Fans of the Limetown podcast rejoice! Many of your lingering questions are answered within these pages. Plus there are no spoilers for future podcasts.

Lia wants to be a reporter. Her first investigation is of the missing residents of nearby Limetown. She discovers that her Uncle Emile is somehow involved, which makes it personal. Her father and uncle’s origin stories are told in flashbacks. What type of experiments were done at Limetown? Who were the people behind the experiments? What were thei
Wendy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oof, this was disappointing.

This is a prequel to the hugely popular podcast, which tells the parallel stories of Lia Haddock and her uncle Emile. Flipping back and forth in time, from the perspectives of Lia and Emile, we learn about Lia finding out about the disappearance of the citizens of Limetown and the events that led Emile to the founding of the city.

I was very excited when I heard about this book, because I adored season one of the podcast. (I liked season two until the last episode. St
Abigail
Nov 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF page 160
These people know how to make an amazing podcast, one of my all-time favorites. I am sorry not to find out what the characters actually discover re: Limetown in this novel. But once I realized I cared about absolutely nobody, was tracking all the ways this book didn’t follow the things I learned in my fiction writing class, was not enjoying the journey, and was only in it for insights about the podcast, I quit. Who knew psychic powers could be this dull?
The Library Ladies
(originally reviewed at thelibraryladies.com )

Thank you to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster for sending me an eARC of this book!

As the resident podcast junkie on this blog, it may be a bit surprising that until recently I hadn’t set aside time to listen to “Limetown”. For those unfamiliar, “Limetown” is a fictional thriller/supernatural podcast that is written in a “Serial”-esque format, following journalist Lia Haddock as she investigates the mysterious disappearance of an entire town popula
Kyle
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
A novel based on a #1 podcast is sure to create a buzz, but does this buzz live up to the hype?

Check out my review at www.projectbooklist.com or by CLICKING HERE

Caitlyn
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At times I felt like this was slow but in the end really enjoyed it. I feel like it's really nicely interwoven with the podcast - answers some 'why' questions, raises many more.
Loring Wirbel
There are aspects of this prequel that deserve four stars for intriguing twists and plot development, but I've always suffered a bit of trepidation regarding novels developed around existing podcasts. It isn't so much that the books are poorly written, or the podcasts themselves are thin gruel to wrap a book around. Rather, the books often gain undue popularity because of the popularity of the podcasts. No better case can be made than It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, which bears so ...more
Meghan
I received a copy of an uncorrected proof at NYCC this year - thank you to Simon and Schuster for the opportunity to read this book!

Overall, I enjoyed this book. The first few chapters had me a bit concerned - I don't know why I didn't expect the alternating narratives, and both Lia and Emile's high school days were a bit slow to get through. That being said, around 100 pages, this book really got interesting. I definitely preferred Emile's story, and kind of wish it had just been Emile for the
Calista Andrechek
Thank you NetGalley, Cote Smith and Simon & Schuster Canada for the free e-book in exchange for an honest review.

Seventeen-year old Lia’s life is rocked when she finds out that the entire populations of the small research facility in Limetown have disappeared without a trace. Among the missing is her uncle, Emile Haddock. It’s all everyone can talk about, except Lia’s family, the refuse to discuss anything that has to do with it. With Lia wanting to be a journalist, she delves into her own i
Melanie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, horror
In the years before the incident at Limetown, Emile Haddock seeks ways to cope with his strange ability to hear other's thoughts that leads him down a winding path and ultimately to the heart of the Limetown experiment. Years after the incident, Emile's niece, Lia, wades through young adulthood, trying to understand the secret history of her family and what it has to do with the mysterious mass vanishing of the population of Limetown.

The book is, ultimately, flavor for the podcast and really no
Lou
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s a mystery and supernatural literary tale, Limetown cloaked in mystery and secrecy, there will be discoveries, dreams lost and found, love unrequited, love lost and found, a myriad of theories and practices, the facility, the people.
Lia in search of fact or fiction of the mysterious facility that conducted experiments, and in search of what her mother had become, and where her uncle was.
The research, the search for truth, things lost, forgotten, the jigsaw assembled and the narrative nicely
Erikka
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, sci-fi
I absolutely adore the Limetown podcast. In fact, after reading this, I'm going to give it a second listen, something I never do with podcasts. I jumped at the chance to read this prequel novel, told in alternating POVs of Lia and her uncle, Emile. I was enthralled with the plot and how it all set up the podcast so beautifully without really giving anything away. Some of the major reveals were actually helpful in connecting dots in the audio narrative. I think everyone would love this podcast, e ...more
Patricia Romero
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To set this up for you, Limetown is a successful podcast that is both weird and creepy. This would be the prequel to what is on now.

Lia Haddock is a student when the entire population of Limetown disappears off the face of the earth. Every one is just gone. One of those is Lia's Uncle Emile.

There is a lot of speculation about what is going on at what was really a research facility and people are talking. Well, except for Lia's parents. They are not saying a word.

Lia's investigation into what hap
Bam
*3-3.5 stars. I was offered an arc of this prequel to the popular Limetown podcast series from the publisher via NetGalley for my honest review. I had never heard of this series but the premise sounded quite intriguing so I accepted: Three hundred people living near a research laboratory in Limetown, TN, suddenly disappear without a trace. Among them is Lia Haddocks' uncle, Emile. The government is not releasing much information and her parents will not talk about it, so Lia does some investigat ...more
Donna Hines
Limetown Tennessee has been put on the map when 300 people residing at the research facility vanished.
Among them Lia Haddock's uncle Emile Haddock.
Where have they gone? What is Limetown hiding?
Lia leads the investigations into the mystery but she's not alone in her efforts as Zack Akers and Skip Bronkie have a story to tell.
What's owed to family may find it's way to the forefront here.
The story alternates between Lia and Emile with plenty of perspectives and finger pointing.
The group was treated
Carla
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Limetown' is a prequel to a hit podcast by the same name. I've never heard of it, and while only recently starting to listen to podcasts, I really enjoy them. The story centers around three hundred people who disappear from a research facility in Limetown, Tennessee. One of the people who disappeared without a trace was Lia Haddock's uncle Emilie. Lia is captivated by the mystery of the missing people, spending all of her time looking for both answers and Emilie. Her parents refuse to talk abo ...more
Stefanie
A fascinating look at the events leading up to Limetown. I loved seeing how Emile ended us as the man everyone was there for, and I loved seeing what Lia is really like and how involved she truly is. It didn't answer all my questions but it definitely felt just as exciting and intense as a season of the podcast.
Andrea
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Limetown was one the first podcasts that I listened to and it is still one of my favorites. I was so excited to hear it was coming back, but I thought I could pass on the book. I was so wrong! There is so much background information that is really pretty essential to understanding the whole story.
This book is as good as the podcast. It is a must read!
Emily Farmer
I loved the Limetown Podcast, and was really excited to read the prequel. Honestly, the first few chapters dragged a little, but then it picked up and I enjoyed it a lot, especially the parts about Emile and the lead up to Limetown. I think listening to the audiobook made all the difference, and I plan on re-listening to the Limetown podcast now!
Kathleen Gray
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right up front- I'd not even HEARD of the podcast before reading this intriguing and at times frustrating novel (?). Told in dual voices and time lines, it's the story of Emile, who vanished, and his niece Lia who is searching for information about him. Is this horror or sci-fi? Not clear but it was a good read. Thanks to net galley for the ARC.
Rygent Best
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
B R U H
Goodreads Librari...: Limetown Novel 2 19 Nov 20, 2018 09:53PM
Goodreads Librari...: Not a book 2 38 Nov 26, 2017 09:54AM
  • The Hollows (Hollowland Graphic Novel)
  • Pandora (The Organization, #1)
  • Poltergeist! (Fate Presents)
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • The Dream Woman: A Mystery in Four Narratives
  • Outbreak (The Black #3)
  • The Last Zombie: Dead New World (The Last Zombie, #1)
  • Midnight Customer (Vampire Soul, #1)
  • The PROX Transmissions
  • Refuge: Night of the Blood Sky
  • The Invisibles Book One Deluxe Edition (The Invisibles Deluxe Edition, #1)
  • Atlas Fallen (Cyber Crown #1)
  • Crimson
  • This House Is Haunted: The Investigation of the Enfield Poltergeist
  • New Ways to Kill Your Mother: Writers and Their Families
  • Juggernaut (Outpost, #0.5)
  • Under Ground
  • SNAFU: An Anthology of Military Horror
Cote Smith grew up in Leavenworth, Kansas, and on various army bases around the country. He earned his MFA from the University of Kansas, and his stories have been featured in One Story, Crazyhorse, and FiveChapters, among other publications. His first novel, Hurt People, was a Finalist for the 2017 PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize for Debut Fiction, longlisted for The Center for Fiction First Novel Pr ...more