Start by marking “Mercy River (Van Shaw #4)” as Want to Read:
Mercy River (Van Shaw #4)

Mercy River

(Van Shaw #4)

Helping a fellow veteran accused of murder, Van Shaw is drawn into a dangerous labyrinth involving smuggled opioids, ruthless mercenaries, and deadly family secrets that will challenge his notions of brotherhood, and justice in this riveting thriller from Anthony, Macavity and Strand Critics award-winning author Glen Erik Hamilton.

When his friend Leo Pak is arrested for mu
Published March 12th 2019 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Mercy River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercy River

3 no 7
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Mercy River” is book four in Glen Erik Hamilton’s “Van Shaw” series. New readers will easily follow along because Hamilton includes any needed background as part of the current scenario. The story is presented as a first-person narrative by Donovan Shaw, former Ranger, former husband, and always friend. Readers learn about Shaw through his actions and reactions. He is concerned, helpful, devoted, prepared, and has untraceable guns. Readers know what he thinks, where he goes, what he fears, and ...more
Nati_Bookist
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
In keeping with the series, Glen Erik Hamilton doesn't disappoint in his latest Van Shaw thriller, Mercy River.

Van Shaw is trying to be a good guy, but who may rely on his criminal past too frequently, in his pursuit of trying to do the right thing.

It's this sense of loyalty and justice that brings Van Shaw and his motley crew of semi-criminal (well, some not so semi) associates to Mercy River on a mission to help his army buddy, Pak.

Van Shaw has become one of my go-to characters when I am look
Janice
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Van Shaw heads to Mercy River, Oregon to help old friend Leo Pak , who has been jailed for murdering Erle Sharples, a gun shop owner, he had been working for,loading bullets to be used at The Rally. Leo's fingerprints are on the murder weapon and when he was apprehended, he was running from the law. Despite his initial claims of innocence, Van can't seem to find any reason or 'fact' to help Leo out of his predicament. Van thinks Leo is protecting his new girlfriend Dez who turns out to be the da ...more
April Sanderlin
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The theme of an outsider, a stranger arriving in an idyllic small town and immediately arousing suspicion is not uncommon. Hamilton gives us an engrossing spin on this topic. The seemingly tranquil name Mercy River evokes images of white picket fences and hospitality. Nothing could be further from the truth as Van Shaw arrives to save a fellow former Army Ranger possibly ensnared in a conspiracy. The tension is immediate as the reader is introduced to a realistic and not overdone cast of secreti ...more
Conny
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was a First Read Winner of this book, which was so awesome since I have been a huge fan of Glen Erik Hamilton and the Van Shaw Series. Usually when there is a book that I love I devour it, but somehow I am never able to this with this series, I take my time reading and and savoring all the intricate little details, twists and turns that take place in the pages. It's almost like a mini movie playing in my head. I would recommend to read the books in order, just so you get a feel of Van, but you ...more
David Morgan
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is the fourth book in the Van Shaw series and first in the series I've read, I found it to easily be a stand alone novel. The characters are well flushed out, the writing is excellent and the pace kept me fully engaged, rushing to the climax and conclusion. Even though the story has elements of other military infused mysteries, I found this book to bring a fresh take to the genre and well executed.
I highly recommend this one to those who enjoy masculine mysteries with a military
Kenneth Lingenfelter
A local store owner is shot and killed. A former vet is charged with the murder and is pleading guilty.
Van Shaw, his former vet who served together comes to find out what happened. Van knows his friend did not kill the store owner. He feels he is protecting his girl friend because he thinks she may have done the killing. Van does investigate the murder and finds drugs hidden in a secret site. Van finds resistance from those who do not want him to find the truth.
Jerry
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, let me thank Glen Erik Hamilton for inviting me back into his world. Thanks also to William Morrow & Goodreads for the ARC in return for my honest review.
Van Shaw returns to find his friend Leo Pak needing his help. He comes to find himself among other Rangers at a reunion Rally. When Shaw needs to call in some markers to his connections, and bring in his trustworthy friends because he doesn’t know who is telling the truth, we get to see the man behind the scars of war.
C. Earle
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on Good Reads. Lots of action, some seemed a little too over the top for my taste. However, being married to a former Army Ranger, I know the comradery and trust in your fellow Ranger is uppermost. This was very evident in the book. I liked the characters, even the "villains." Haven't read any other of the Van Shaw series. I think this book would be very popular with the male 18-38 population.
Ida
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given the opportunity of downloading this exciting novel through Bookshout in exchange for a review. To state it succinctly, this was a book that kept me engrossed, full of nonstop action and suspense. Glen Erik Hamilton’s Mercy River is the first book I have read by this author. After completing this one, I am certain to read more of his works.
Carol Giacoletto-Brooks
The story had many twists and turns that kept me interested to the end. I would definitely recommend it.
Brenda Schneider
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good paced story. Good characters. I won this book through good reads.
Bee Pierce
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a very interesting book.
Ryan Hillis
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
A first person novel is not my cup of tea!! Good book but not a fan of first person!!
Carol
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a great deal of excitement, brotherhood and even love. I found it very good reading.

Thank you to Goodreads for a copy for my review.
Jim
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway
I received this book from a goodreads giveaway and thought it was a good book. I would recommend it.
Sugarrr
Mar 17, 2019
Amee
Jan 31, 2019
Nellster
rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2018
Craig Wilkey Sr
This was an excellent read with an interesting plot.
Susan
Mar 14, 2019
  • Murdered Twice
  • Shady Place
  • Murder on the Orion Express
  • Murder for the Halibut (A Clueless Cook Mystery, #3)
  • The Dead Assassin: The Paranormal Casebooks of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Deadly Dining
  • Out of the Storm
  • Mephisto Waltz (Liebermann Papers, #7)
  • Murder with a Cherry on Top (A Lickety Splits Mystery #1)
  • The Sound of Murder  (Ivy Meadows Mysteries, #2)
  • Pale Horses (Jade de Jong, #4)
  • Hook, Line and Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #46)
  • The Girl with Kaleidoscope Eyes (Stewart Hoag Mystery, #9)
  • The Sixth Victim (A Constance Piper Mystery, #1)
  • The Edison Effect (Professor Benjamin Bradshaw Mystery, #4)
  • Jeopardy in July (Jamie Quinn Mystery #5)
  • Hiroshima Boy (Mas Arai #7)
  • After Terra: Year 200
Glen Erik Hamilton's debut PAST CRIMES won the Anthony, Macavity, and Strand Magazine Critics awards for Best First Novel, and was also nominated for the Edgar, Barry, and Nero awards. Publishers Weekly and Library Journal gave PAST CRIMES starred reviews, and Kirkus called the book "an exciting heir to the classic detective novel". The follow-up in the Van Shaw series, HARD COLD WINTER, was publi ...more

Van Shaw (4 books)
  • Past Crimes (Van Shaw, #1)
  • Hard Cold Winter (Van Shaw, #2)
  • Every Day Above Ground (Van Shaw #3)