Start by marking “Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)

Broken Throne

(Red Queen #4.5)

Return once more to the deadly and dazzling world of Red Queen in Broken Throne, a beautifully designed, must-have companion to the chart-topping series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Victoria Aveyard.

The perfect addition to the #1 New York Times bestselling Red Queen series, this gorgeously designed package features three brand-new novellas, two previously publ
Published May 7th 2019 by HarperTeen

Miranda Reads
Return once more to the deadly and dazzling world...
The audacity of this tomf*ckery...
This stunning collection is not to be missed!
Whelp, guess I'm in

description

P.s. can we all take a collective giggle that 2/5 of this "stunning collection" already out?! And if those are any indication of the quality we can expect...it's probably best to set those expectations lowwwwww.

In Addition, may I voice my disgust that the sweet ombré effect (which originally drew me to these novels) has been completely ruined
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Please somebody tell me that there is going to be more about Maven!!!
And please, please, please somebody tell me that one of those novellas is going to be about Maven and Thomas!
Because if yes.... oh god I'm already dying just thinking about the possibility of it all!!!
AHHHHHH!!! *dies*

GIMMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *greedy grabby hands*
MischaS_
Mar 31, 2019 marked it as not-sure-if-i-ll-read-it  ·  review of another edition
Another?

480 pages! 😳

But... did you see the gorgeous cover?
Mary S. R.
Ladies and gents,
This is the moment you've waited for

Been searchin' for this
Since War Storm left you on the floor

Deep in your bones
There's an ache for Maven you can't ignore
Bleeding your heart, stealin' your mind
And all that was real is left behind

...So tell me do you wanna go??
Where it's Silverbloods who're ownin' the lights
Where Red runaways are runnin' the nights
Impossible comes true, Reds takin' over you
Oh, this is the Red Queen world!

It's everything you ever want
It's everything you ever nee
Sahil Javed
Broken Throne is a collection of novellas that take place before, during and after the events of the Red Queen series. It features two previously published novellas, Queen Song and Steel Scars, and three brand-new novellas, and contains a few extras such as maps, flags and journal entries written by Julian.

Queen Song

Queen Song is the first previously published novella and takes place before the events of the Red Queen series and follows Cal’s mother, Coriane. The novella shows how she went fro
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
I just finished War Storm, and what I want to know is:

WHAT AM I MEANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE WHILE I WAIT FOR THIS TO BE RELEASED! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE?! It doesn't come out until 2019. 2019!!!

I honestly don't know what I will do until then, or how I will wait that long. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I am so excited!
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Despite the fact that I still feel a little defrauded by that War Storm ending, we all know I’m going to read this.
ella
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If this doesn’t include a story on Maven’s past with Thomas I’ll screammmmmmmmmm!!!
Aqsa
May 02, 2019
Do NOT disappoint me, dear book.

Also, do give me something everything of 💔Maven💔.

May 12, 2019

Last night I found out that this one consists of several novellas including Queen Song and Steel Scars that were published previously. I just skipped to the very end where we get a little Farewell of Cal and Maven and I found out that I could never let go of Maven just like Cal couldn't. And of course, I finally did cry for dear cursed Maven.

It would hurt him deeply, wound him forever, if I
Azrah
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as crushing-that-tbr-2019  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-release
Would ya take a look at THAT COVER? 😱😍

12 Oct, 2018
CONFIRMED RED QUEEN SHORT STORY AND RELEASE DATE! IMMA BE UPSET IF THIS ISN'T A MAVEN STORY BYYE

______
28 Sept, 2018
DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH RED QUEEN?? I don't even care, I just need some more Aveyard!
Cassie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-release-2019
Here 👏 for 👏 Evangeline/Elane 👏 and 👏 Mare/Cal 👏

Miss me with that Maven obsession. 👊
Cesar
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars.

As many of you know, I am not a huge fan of the Red Queen series. My reviews range from "It was OK," to "I fucking hate this book!"

The Red Queen series as a whole is just another generic dystopia series that brings nothing new to the genre. That is my opinion and I will stand by it. That being said, when Victoria announced Broken Throne, I'll admit, I was intrigued. War Storm's ending was left open and Broken Throne filled in that openness with a few stories that take place after the eve
Red_Queen_Lover
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
WE HAVE A COVER
I REPEAT WE HAVE A COVER
Gabi
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh no, there's another one...I still haven't finished War Storm yet. I will forever love Red Queen, but to me, the series has been rolling down hill since then.

But Maven literally carries the series for me and I can't resist another book that could possibly have him in it. Even if there's a chance that he will make an appearance, especially if it's a story with him and Thomas, then I must read this. I MUST.

And it doesn't hurt that the cover is gorgeous.
Letter My Reading
Edit: OMG VICTORIA LIKED MY REVIEW, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

IT HAS A TITLE!!!!!!!!!

IT  WILL BE RELEASED ON MAY 7TH 2019, DOWN BELOW I HAVE A COUNTDOWN TO THE DATE!

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE RED QUEEN SERIES IN ITS ENTIRETY DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE WARNED!!!!!!

This is my MOST ANTICIPATED read for 2019. It's pretty late but the read queen short stories officially have a title. I am a HUGE Red Queen fan. I have forced most of my friends to read it ( and they love
Sahitya
I have never been a huge fan of this series. I only continued reading it because I’m not fond of leaving them midway and I especially like getting some closure about characters. That’s also probably the only reason I read this short story collection, because War Storm didn’t give us a satisfactory ending nor did it complete the arcs of the characters.

This book starts off with the previously published stories from Cruel Crown, which I was obviously not interested in. The next story called World
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
COVER REVEAL!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honestly, I think this is the most stunning cover for the entire series. The beautiful symbolism, classic pairing of royal purple and gold, it's just beautiful.

Red Queen was the book that really brought me back into the YA realm. I hadn't read much of anything since the end of the original Harry Potter series, but this book reminded me how much fun reading and fantasy could be. And while the series certainly has its flaws, it holds a special place in my heart because of that. So
Chrisi
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Started it,Had a breakdown, Bon appètit

No really, Broken Throne is a must have for every Red Queen (probably not for Maven stans but who cares).

Victoria once again brings us in her world of politics, betrayal and heartbreak. Her writing is fierce and tempting and exciting. AND I NEED MORE OF IT!!

It was amazing to read how the characters have dealt with the after match of the last war and it was exciting to see that they keep growing as humans. Miss Aveyard knows her character so well and didn’t
Jackie
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It didn’t really add much new information that I was dying to know
Prince Charming Doesn't Exist
MORE MAVEN IS ALL I ASK FOR
Katherine
AHA!

description

I fucking knew it!! I knew that piece of junk was not the end!

cheap cheap cheap
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
I see so much love and hate for this series. When I will I ever read this series? Plus I will not be suckered into beautiful covers! Fuck it. Who am I kidding? It’s like I’m a gold digger and this is my gold block.
Janani(ஜனனி)
I haven't even finished War Storm(10% is remaining), but I would kill to have this book.
Sharon
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the ending we deserved for Red Queen.

Honestly should've been in Book #4, but still, I'm glad to get short stories about side characters and see how they are all doing. I'm so relieved War Storm wasn't the actual end. This book really made me realize how much the main cast has grown up throughout the series - and for the better. Especially Evangeline and Cal - their character developments are great. I love seeing Cal's POV and the scenes where he talks with Julian. It makes me feel proud
Ricky
It's Victoria Bloody Aveyard.

I'm in.

Especially with that glorious purple cover, all silver blood...it's gonna look so beautiful next to my collection of the first four books!

It's a most wonderful coda to the Red Queen series in general, finally filling in a fair few gaps in the narrative from the main four novels. We get to see a lot of backstory, proving that this main part of the story is about 1500-2000 years into the future or so - more than the triple digits I would've assumed previously ba
shane | thebluegreenreader
Just. Fucking amazing.

I was once again devastated that this series ended and that there aren't any more books coming out, however, I was finally at peace with it because I felt that Broken Throne was such a good way to end the series and that it patched up old wounds from when I finished War Storm.

Just. Read the series.

Just. Thank you, Victoria Aveyard.
Lacy
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
carol
May 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
well, it’s time for me forget this whole series for good. maven you’re the star of this whole thing, and i’ll keep your in my heart as one of my favorites characters ever. i’m really mad about your ending because it really hurts to see so many potential lost to a pair of flat characters (mare and cal).

• The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Secret Life
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction (Futuredaze, #1)
  • Three Heartbeats Away (The Mortician’s Daughter, #3)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
  • The Fantasy Hall of Fame
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Untitled (The Sixth World, #3)
  • The Hugo Winners Vol 1 and 2 1955-1970
  • The New Atlantis
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Pocketful of Posies (Ashes, Ashes, #2)
  • Lost Roads (Broken Lands, #2)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Untitled (Rokesbys #4)
  • You've Got Male (Chick Flick Club Book 2)
  • The Future Collection
I'm a screenwriter/YA author who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

My book RED QUEEN will be published Winter 2015 from HarperTeen at HarperCollins. I'm repped by the incomparable Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.

Red Queen (4 books)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • War Storm (Red Queen, #4)
“Go break some thrones” 1 likes
“I was also extremely partial to some illustrated books detailing the exploits of a crime-fighting, angst-ridden bat person.” 1 likes