Start by marking “Dragon Mount” as Want to Read:

Dragon Mount

Things can’t get any worse than being snatched by a dragon, until Anna is dropped into a bloodthirsty battle for the Draconic crown.

On what’s supposed to be a fun trip to New Zealand to recover from a painful breakup, Anna is kidnapped and flown away by a mythical beast bent on making her his queen. Anna’s rare blood type makes her the only viable mate in the islands, an
Published June 21st 2018 by Galactic Razor

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Mount, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Mount

Start your review of Dragon Mount
Kristen
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: spfbo4
Full review is on my blog and on The Weatherwax Report. :)

This is the story of Anna, a college student from the US who has just broken up with her fiance after she found out he cheated on her. And so, she brings her sister on the honeymoon trip that was already booked, to New Zealand. While she is there, she meets a very interesting guy named Joe and his very interesting friend Connor. Joe and Connor are actually dragons, and it just so happens that Anna and her sister are visiting during the on
Raven A  Clarke
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I originally read Dragon Mount as a first addition ARC copy. Since then Dragon Mount has been tweaked and made more spectacular, magical and capturing. To be honest I loved this version as much as the original so I am going to use the same review I wrote back then. I love Jennifer's books because of the different genres she includes in one book, and also because of the unique plots they have. Dragon Mount definitely falls into this love category. The Plot has unique elements (which I find amazin ...more
Cassandra Ulrich
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer M. Eaton's Dragon Mount is a story about two sisters, Anna and Sybil, who stumble upon a society on Earth they didn't know existed. Their adventure begins when they are literally swept up by a couple of dragons who risked their own lives to save those of the women they'd only just met.
I really enjoyed the story and found it easy to connect with the multi-dimensional characters. I recommend this book to not only fantasy readers, but also to anyone who likes a well written adventure with
Keryn
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Going on vacation to New Zealand to get over a horrible breakup, Anna and her sister end up in a local pub. And so began the start of a startling life event. Anna is hit on by a quiet young surfer guy when a very creepy and forward guy puts his hands on her. Out of nowhere the heavy lighting structure plummets straight toward her until Joe (cute surfer guy) swoops in with no effort and stops it from crushing her. Her heart still racing as she has a very rare blood type....if she'd been harmed it ...more
Auburn
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not what i was expecting

I bought this because a lot of authors I follow recommended it. It wasn't bad but it was not what I was expecting.
The book is told from two view points...but not Anna and Joe's. For some reason they brought in another guy to be the second perspective. It was a weird non love triangle.

Overall I give this four stars for originality but the plot was kind of flat and the synopsis did not really say what was actually happening in the book.

For those who want a different kin
Tammy
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this one the main male character is not the strongest or biggest. I liked that as a change of pace. The background of the dragons is also a bit different in a good way. Enjoyed reading about how the Maori helped the dragons. The use of a Kothahi (one who can communicate with the dragons) was a plus because Nik was just a guy who was basically a little lost in life. Anna was a bit too set in her desire to get back home. Seemed that she was the only one not giving it her all to save dragons and ...more
Shelly Roke
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A race to be king

Anna and her sister Sybil are on the trip of Anna's dreams. From New Jersey to New Zealand. But, it is Seventeen Year, when dragons hunt for four a message to be King. And Joesephetus finds Anna, who doesn't know dragon lore or believe it. She's kidnapped, hurt, and hunted by the current king, but saved, healed and hidden by Maori with Joe, who's also been hurt. Joe is a juvenile crystal dragon and if he could get Anna back to Dragon Mount would be King. But she wants none of it
Jason
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked the hero and the story, but the heroine was terrible

I liked the story about the dragons and the different people and the different factions etc. there is a good potential to have a lot of interesting stories from this world.

However Anna the heroine is one of the most useless, selfish, and just plain boring people I have ever read about. She did nothing and contributed nothing to the entire story other than she was the catalyst for joe to stop the evil dragons rule.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dragons in New Zealand? So cool.
Dragon Mount by Jennifer M. Eaton is a fantastic book. We follow Anna’s journey of meeting two strangers in a bar and thrown into a world where dragons are real. It’s a great book and I will try not to spoil too much. Dragon Mount comes out today June 21st. So buy a copy today. It’s a great book and I hope everything goes well for Anna and Joe.

What I liked about the book:
• The plot is what really sucked me in. The plot seemed really interesting and I never read a
Emily Pennington
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Anna had a bad breakup when she walked in on her fiancé who was with someone else, so a trip to New Zealand might be the best way to get over it! This was supposed to be her honeymoon destination, but not anymore. Now everything just made her think of him. Her crazy sister, Sybil, decided they needed a drink and she determined that Anna was going to have fun or else!

They sat at the bar and the news came on about disemboweled bodies and a curfew to keep women out of the killer’s path. Anna shive
Kester Nucum
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free electronic ARC copy of this book from the author for an honest review consideration. This will not affect my review at all.

I was a bit hesitant to start Dragon Mount–I was not a big fan of paranormal/urban fantasy romances featuring dragons, werewolves, vampires, and the like. But because I love Jennifer M. Eaton and her novels, especially her Fire in the Woods series, I decided to give this a shot! Surprisingly, I finished the entire story in less than two days and
Maddy
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dragonmount is a breath-taking, action-packed paranormal story that will blow your mind. There are a lot of dragon-shifter stories and novels out there but none are quite like this.

Our two main characters, Anna and Joe, are characters that we learn to love throughout the story. Anna is an innocent girl trying to find herself in a new place when we meet her. We see her go from this girl who has been broken by something in her past and desperately wants to reinvent herself, to someone who is stro
Sharon Hughson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not generally a fan of dragon shifters, but this is done SO well, I loved it. The way the (fictional) Maori culture weaved through this tale made it so believable. I was ready to head to New Zealand to meet Joe and the other “nice” dragons.
Although not specifically a YA title, it would be acceptable for older teenagers (15+) who aren’t going to blush over the “lust dragon’s” carnal nature.
I couldn’t put it down. Perfect for fantasy and paranormal romance addicts.
Christinaraven
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great story and take on Dragons based in New Zealand. I loved the twists and the dragons. It all started out with Anna and her sister stopping to get a drink from a bar off the beaten tourist track and got crazy from there. I loved the twists and all the action. The fight scenes were great. I especially liked the ending, as it made me laugh out loud. Just a great story I read in one sitting it was so good. And do not forget about those dragons.
Michelle
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free and voluntarily reviewed. This book was interesting. What a way to spend your holiday. Anna was fun to read as was Joe. The interactions between characters was intriguing and entertaining, especially between Joe and Nic. The storyline was fun to read. Hope more is to come.
Jo-ann
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An unusual adventure...

Anna and her sister are in New Zealand on vacation. While visiting a small village, they encounter two young men who are more than they appear. Anna ends up on an unusual adventure.

This is a very enjoyable story what are myth, New Zealand's culture, history and scenery. And finding love in an unique way.
Danielle (shelfreader)
This was so much fun to read! The different take on dragons was unique, and I loved the mix of New Zealand lore into it. I was hoping for a little more steam, but I'm not mad about how this turned out at all.
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my honest and unbias opinion of the story. I love this story it has a different take on dragons. I fell in love with the characters and the story as it unfolded. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sandy
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
First let me say that I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book, but it in no way influenced my feedback. I always leave an honest review.

Gr8 story about dragons. I truly enjoyed this. I recommend this read. 5 Thumbs up
Shannon
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
***1/2
Barbara Dunbar
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dragon Mount

There be dragons! Sorry had to and was pleased to have a smaller less testosterone poisoned as the second main character?!
Susan
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an enjoyable book

I feel like I may have read this before. I. Enjoyed reading it. The people felt we'll thought out. Thank you for an enjoyable couple evenings of reading.
J Brooks
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like this new twist on the dragon myth. I enjoy the read.
Patricia A.Bunn
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

Great Book I love 💘💘it was great and powerful and I think that
You have to read this book and see why I think it was powerful
Shelley
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

What great characters. The twists and turns were amazing. I enjoyed the bad and good dragons.Good for Joe. He'll make a great king
Jackie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poor Anna is kidnaped by a dragon when she goes on a vacation to heal a broken heart. Totally intriguing fantasy story.
Fiona
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

This is a truly gripping story that had me hooked from the first page. I love Dragon stories and this one has hit the top of my favourite list. 🐲💗
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. No smut but strong love interest.
Sarah Skoch
rated it did not like it
Jan 08, 2019
Caitlin D
Feb 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Brides of Prophecy Box Set 2: Books 4-6: Three urban fantasy romances
  • Mindtouch (The Dreamhealers, #1)
  • Loved in Space
  • Dragon Mage Academy The Complete Series: Books 1-7 Box Set
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal, #1)
  • Magic in Light (Supernatural Community #1)
  • Compelled By The Vampire (Vampire Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • Unfrozen (Valos of Sonhadra, #9)
  • The Silver Stag (The Wild Hunt #1)
  • Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1)
  • Found (Brides of the Kindred, #4)
  • Stargazer Alien Mail Order Brides, Collection #1 (Stargazer Alien Mail Order Brides, #1-3; Intergalactic Dating Agency)
  • One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)
  • The Return of the Elves Collection: Books 1-4
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • Guarded by the Alien (Rebels of Sidyth, #2)
  • Seeking the Fae (Daughter of Light #1)
Jennifer M. Eaton hails from the eastern shore of the North American Continent on planet Earth. Yes, regrettably, she is human, but please don’t hold that against her.

While not traipsing through the galaxy looking for specimens for her space moth collection, she lives with her wonderfully supportive husband and three energetic offspring. (And a poodle who runs the spaceport when she’s not around.)

News & Interviews