Start by marking “Beyond Her Calling (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Her Calling (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #4)

Beyond Her Calling

(The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #4)

At twenty, Ivy Knight feels as if she hasn’t accomplished anything of worth. Her life stretches on before her, empty and pointless. Though her faith in God and her mental abilities have been strengthened, she still doubts herself. Does God have a purpose for a socially awkward, often confused and frightened young woman?

Jordy McAllen has just returned to Scotland after his
Published October 2018 by Kellyn Roth

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Her Calling, please sign up.
Kellyn Roth I'm not sure if it's in poor taste for the author to answer, but I'm going to anyway. ;-)

Yes, it's a clean, Christian book! Its main themes are Christ…more

Yes, it's a clean, Christian book! Its main themes are Christian, and there's nothing more than a sweet kiss or two (not super detailed).(less)

Start your review of Beyond Her Calling (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #4)
Kellyn Roth
Coming in late 2021 or early 2022 depending on how well I get together ... everything. :P
Lisa Elis
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book, Kellyn has written the best work of her series, in my humble opinion. If book one hooked me to the series, and book two thoroughly convinced me of Kell's talent, and if book three destroyed all my feels - then this book has given me the most emotionally relatable characters I've seen in a very long time. Books one and two are about Alice and Ivy as children, and while I could imagine and understand what they were going through, I didn't feel like wow this is talking about me. And i ...more
Andrea Cox
4 stars

FTC DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary e-copy of this book from Reveries Co. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.

Sweet. Charming. Idyllic. Classy. Faith-filled. Romantic (in a sweet way). Scottish charm.

These are just a few terms that define Beyond Her Calling, book four in the Chronicles of Alice and Ivy series. I haven’t read the previous three books, so while I enjoyed this one immensely, I did feel I had missed a few things by coming in la
Michaela Bush
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic!! The romance was well-paced and it has so many important messages and themes in it. Really hit home for me on several occasions and I think that, even though it's set in the 1800s, it has a lot of messages that are timely in today's world as well. Definitely one to read and then read again! (When is it socially appropriate to re-read a book you just finished a week ago? Asking for, erm...a friend...?) ...more
Abigayle Claire
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edited
RTC once published. But it's my absolute favorite of hers, OK?! ...more
Abby
Let me start out by saying that October has been a fantastic reading month for me.

Full review on my blog: https://novelsdragonsandwardrobedoors...

I adored the characters, I love the setting, I just... good feelings all around for this book. Ivy and Jordy are the sweetest and purest and that ending left me so emotional. I'm SO HAPPY.

5 stars!

**I was sent a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review**
Aria
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, historical
Ach! Me goodness. I dinna ken what tae say! This was me favorite o' all th' books in th' series. Such a charming book, it was, with a bonnie cover to match! ...more
Lilian
Review:
OHHH MY GOOD GRACIOUSNESS THIS BOOK WAS AMAAAAAAAAZING (I feel like I have that reaction each time I finish one of Kell's books xD). Honestly though- I'm struggling so much to write a decent review.

What I Loved:
- LITERALLY EVERYTHING
- The romance. I don't know how Kellyn pulled it off, but I loved seeing Jordy's and Ivy's relationships with each other develop. It was so good. ❤❤
- The characters are fantastic. Jordy's family is so caring and kind, and Ivy's family, while preoccupied at tim
Angela Watts
STORY

Beyond Her Calling is a sweet, coming-of-age historical fiction romance. The story follows adult Ivy Knight who is searching for God's calling over her monotonous life. It is an engaging journey as Ivy learns to be true to the Lord, be brave, and be all right being 'Ivy'. Ivy is my favorite Knight sibling (shh!) and this book is my favorite of the series!

The story is well-paced and easy to follow. The more I think about it, I actually think the epilogue wasn't needed, that's how well things
Grace Morris
Special thanks to the author who gave me an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. The author did not pay me for a review and all the thoughts here are my own honest opinion.

This was a very sweet historical frictional romance. And Scotland! It was so beautiful! And Border Collies!!! =D

Characters:

Ivy.... She was wonderful! I love her journey of finding God's calling for her. She was so kind towards other people, especially Violet, who wasn't always kind to her. It's sad that people thought sh
Faith
Review coming upon release.
Libby May
Beta reading project this September. I'm excited for the finished product. ...more
Gracelyn Buckner
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

RTC upon publication.
R.A.
A very sweet story! Ivy will always be my favourite character in these books!

I beta-read this, so I shouldn't recommend it yet … so, sorry. :P
Jana Tenbrook (Reviews from the Stacks)
Beyond Her Calling follows Ivy Knight, a twenty-year-old from Kent, England with a history of overwhelming anxiety and social awkwardness. Honestly, I do not think that I have ever loved the way a character is written as much as I do Ivy. She is so unique, innocent, and thoughtful; she tries extremely hard at everything she does, thinks the best of everyone, and believes in God wholeheartedly. A lot of the adjectives I would use to describe Ivy also describe how I feel about the book as a whole: ...more
Liz F.
Sep 12, 2018 added it
Shelves: pretty-covers
Review to come when published!!
Hanna
As a beta reader for this book, I'm not sure how unbiased I can be while reviewing the final version. But we'll see ... maybe it'd be best if I left personal opinion out of it.;)

The setting: Scotland, mainly; 1882. The scenery is mentioned occasionally, but not extensively detailed. The reader definitely knows Ivy and Jordy are in Scotland, though--the difference between the speech of the Scottish and the high-bred London folk is well-documented.

The characters: I have a special fondness for all
Parker Hankins
Goodreads Librari...: Adding Next Book To Series 3 22 Jul 22, 2018 07:36PM

• Live Without You
  • The Thief, the Damsel, and the Dragon
  • I Don't Dance
  • Snip (Martin Generations, #0.5)
  • When Beauty Blooms
  • Behold
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • Fawkes
  • The Rebellion (Tales of Tarsurella #2)
  • A Change of Heart
  • Emmanuel
  • Enjoy the Poodle Skirt
  • Love Blind
  • Seek
  • When Calls the Heart (Canadian West, #1)
  • Kiera
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Widow’s Heart

Kellyn Roth is a Christian historical women's fiction and romance author. Sound boring? Well, she includes lots of adorable children and mischievous animals—as well as a generous dose of BBC-style drama.

Kell lives on a ranch in North-Eastern Oregon with her family, crazy border collies, conceited fluffy cat, and assorted cows and chickens.

Other than authoring, she blogs, teaches young writers to

The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy (5 books)
  • The Dressmaker's Secret (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #1)
  • Ivy Introspective (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)
  • At Her Fingertips (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #3)
  • A Prayer Unanswered (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #5)