Start by marking “Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)” as Want to Read:
Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)

Untouchable

(Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas #3)

A man's quest to find answers for those who are haunted by the past leads him deeper into the shadows in this electrifying novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Promise Not to Tell.

Quinton Zane is back.

Jack Lancaster, consultant to the FBI, has always been drawn to the coldest of cold cases, the kind that law enforcement either considers unsolvable or else ha
Published January 8th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Untouchable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untouchable

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
This heart-pounding thriller had a bit of everything–a fast-paced plot, lucid dreams of a fire maze, a decades old mystery, a stone cold villain, and a dash of romance! I know of Jayne Ann Krentz (who doesn’t? She’s published so much and under more than one name!), but this is the first book of hers I’ve read. It is such a fun read!!! I can see why she’s so popular, and I look forward to reading more from her. Untouchable felt like watching a movie–I totally flew through it!

Reflection

I’m a bit b
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
3.5 stars!

Untouchable is my first book by Jayne Ann Krentz, and it’s the third book in an established series.

Jack Lancaster is a consultant to the FBI, and he loves the challenge of cold cases, especially ones involving arson, as he himself is a survivor of a horrendous fire. Jack is uniquely able to relate to a killer and that’s how he solves his crimes, but sometimes that reliability bleeds over into his personal life.

Jack seeks help for his “gift” from Winter Meadows, a meditation therapist
Berit☀️✨
A riveting romantic suspense with a large dose of suspense and a dab of romance, that kept me on my toes!

Jayne Ann Krentz is a comfort read for me, I remember reading her ages ago... there are few authors I read both in my 20s and my 40s and JAK is one of them.... this is the third book in this series and the first book I read... from what I can tell each book is self-contained and about a different foster brother.... I think what I missed from not reading the previous books is the villain was n
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

Jack Lancaster is one of the survivors of a barn fire set but cult-leader, Quinton Zane to murder all the member’s children twenty years ago. His mother died that night, one of the many women murdered by Zane that same night. Since then Jack and his foster brothers have been hunting Zane even though he disappeared and supposedly died in a yacht fire. In the last book it was clear the maniac is very much alive, and aware of their investigative efforts putting all the brothers in danger.
☕ Kimberly
Jack Lancaster consults for the FBI and works with his step-brothers at Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas. Jack has an unusual gift. It is one that allows him to investigate cold cases.  It also makes him Quinton Zane biggest treat.

Winter Meadows, a meditation therapist has recently moved from the city after a bad experience with a client.  She rents the cottage across the way from Jack. I have always found her profession to be interesting and immediately liked Winter.

Jack uses a self-created dreams
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Ehhh, didn’t do anything for me. The first two books weren’t anything near great reads; but at least contained enough of the stamp of Krentz talent to be readable. This was borderline dull. Vague over-the-top plotline, rambling, and no trademark snappy dialogue. Even her favorite setting of Eclipse Bay got short shrift. I have a hard time believing JAK even wrote this.
Sophia
Last year, I enjoyed the second book from this series (out of order, of course, because I do that sort of thing when a book grabs my interest), Promise Not to Tell. It was also only the second book I'd read by the author and I was riveted to that story. I could barely wait to read this one to see what came of that big reveal at the end of the book. The final book, the final foster brother, and the big bad villain is back!

Untouchable is book three in a series about a foster family, an evil cult l
Kimberly
3.5 stars - Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Foster brothers Jack Lancaster, Max Cutler, and Cabot Sutter were all raised in a cult until one hellish night when cult leader Quinton Zane burned down the compound, leaving them orphans. Supposedly Zane died years ago, but Jack, Max, Cabot, and their rescuer/foster father, Anson Salinas, know better. After years of chasing shadows, the man behind their trauma is within their grasp…if they can survive his machinations. Because Zane is tired of hiding, and w
*The Angry Reader*
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2019
***ARC received for an honest review***

I don't think this was just a case of poor timing. This book simply did not go down well. First and foremost, what happened to all of the contractions? It's disconcerting to read "I will not" or "she did not" or "he is on his way." At some points I would say the sentence out loud to feel how foreign and jerky it was on my tongue.

Second, the characters didn't evolve beyond the shallowest ideas of themselves. I don't know why they did what the did - and if we
Cheryl
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have not read the prior two novels in this series but I had no issues jumping right into this book. This book can be read as a stand alone novel. For me, I was not really experiencing the chemistry between Quinton and Jack. In fact, I found myself struggling to connect to the characters and thus in turn I could not connect with the story as well. It was not for a lack of effort as I did finish this book. However, I will say that I barely remember much details about what transpired within the p ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Highly satisfying end to this romantic suspense trilogy! The third foster brother, Jack Lancaster is up front and center with his story. I loved Jack. Jack, like his foster brothers, is an honourable man with a traumatizing past. What I loved most about Jack is how impressive his minds works. The constant answers with probability both amused and charmed me. His unique way to figure out issues through lucid dreaming appeals to me. As a person who both lucid dreams and at times solves issues throu ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Krentz is a master of romantic suspense and Untouchable brings that suspense factor back full force. Cult leader out for revenge? Heck yeah! I am not sure why I find books about evil cults so fascinating, but I really do.

If you haven't read the previous 2 books in the series, its okay. All you really need to know is that 3 boys were fostered together by a man and they formed their own little family of sorts. Another plus in my book is that Jack works for the FBI as an analyst. Another trope I ad
farmwifetwo
Huh??? Not at all like the first 2 in the series. No character growth. The bad guy took too many pgs, too many bad guys, and it made no sense why he wanted them dead nor why the elaborate plots with Winter.

She did the lucid dreaming before but this one was too simple and too easy.

I just wasn't impressed. Nothing big, just little bits and pieces that added up.

2 stars because I finished it.
Kathy
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest, I don't know what to say about this one. I'm a huge Kretnz/Quick/Castle fan, but this book just seemed...formulaic.

It was very well written and flowed well and the characters are well written, but the entire time, you just feel that this is the 14th time you've read the same book and the characters, even the villain, are cardboard cut-outs. More to the point, I found I had to force myself through the book, which I've never had to do for a Krentz book before. I've never come acro
Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
Untouchable offers the high-octane romantic suspense I’ve come to expect from Jayne Ann Krentz, but less of the humor and snappy dialog that are also her hallmarks. The plot moves briskly, introducing complications from the very beginning. As the third book in a trilogy involving three brothers and the tragedy that left them orphans, I anticipated answers and closure to the mystery that has haunted all three, and Krentz gave me both.

Neither the hero and the heroine struck me as particu
Marlene
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

“They say you can buy anything online these days.” In this case, the “they” in question are the two protagonists in Untouchable. Certainly one of the “anything” you can buy is a good book.

Unfortunately, while Untouchable isn’t a bad read at all, it just doesn’t quite live up to the thrill-a-minute pace of its predecessors, When All the Girls Have Gone and Promise Not to Tell. But anyone who has read the first two really needs to read this one as well. Becau
Roses R Blue
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-QR

Jack Lancaster and his foster brothers were saved from a fiery death at the hands of a madman as teenagers. Their mothers tragically didn’t survive the incident, and the policeman who rescued the boys, Anson Salinas, became their foster father. As the boys grew into men, their goal was to find the cult leader, then known as Quinton Zane, and bring him to justice. The cunning and elusive killer has managed to avoid all their attempts to track
Sheila Melo
FINAL DECISION: A nice read, but not particularly memorable. I wanted something more between the main characters who seemed to have no obstacles in their relationship beyond external. The second half of the book was definitely better than the first half. I wanted to like this story more than I actually did. A good read, but I won't be thinking about it as a re-read.

THE STORY: Jack Lancaster has turned his investigative talents to solving cold cases. Because of his past, he is especially intrigue
Maggie Boyd
I love urban fantasy and gothic mysteries, both of which combine magic and reality to create something enigmatic and mystical. There is a way to do it badly, however, and JAK excelled at that in this book.

Winter is an extraordinary hypnotist. Give her a beam of light and she can place anyone under her spell. Jack solves cold cases through lucid dreaming. He guides his subconscious as it works through the details of the case. Winter helps Jack use meditation to deepen and better control his luci
Avid Reader
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas #3) by Jayne Ann Krentz
4 stars
M/F Thriller
Triggers: Stalking, Murder, Arson
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Jack Lancaster is at is again. While he’s trying to figure out if there is a connection between several fires all around, he also happens upon Winter who is also kind of hiding out.

Winter has an ability that has saved her on numerous occasions. She can hypnotize people at will. But, with her ability, she has someone who
Kathy
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jayne Ann Krentz always delights and this newest book from Eclipse Bay is intriguing. Jack and Winter both have psychic abilities which can cause as much trouble as be helpful. Jack has trouble controlling his lucid dreaming and Winter helps him with that while they track a serial killer. The suspense kept me reading to find out what was going to happen next. I appreciated the way Winter took Jack's talent in stride and he believed in her too; he was the first man that didn't get scared away. I ...more
Susan
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Fifteen years before showing up in Eclipse Bay, Winter was a runaway spending time in multiple foster homes; she is determined to stay safe from the monsters roaming the streets.

However, she meets Jack Lancaster, a lucid dreamer, who has realized the "will he never go away" Quentin Zane is alive--this news threatens Lancaster and his brothers and father as they were all there the fateful night Zane burned down the cult housing were he had immured everyone. Only a few escape.

Present Day in Eclips
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Only just ok. A very quick and light read.
Anna Amato
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you just have to read something that you just know will be interesting, well-thought out, entertaining and of course sexy and a little paranormal. She didn't add paranormal to the first two so it was an interesting twist and not overdone. I liked it.
Janice
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: revenge, secrets
Jack Lancaster, has always been drawn to the coldest of cold cases, the kind that law enforcement either considers unsolvable or else has chalked up to accidents or suicides. As a survivor of a fire, he finds himself uniquely compelled by arson cases. His only solace is Winter Meadows, a meditation therapist. After particularly grisly cases, Winter can lead Jack back to peace.
Kathleen Schilling
This was your typical JAK read, enjoyable with enough variations I continue reading her. Her historical books grab me more, but this is a nice light read
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jayne Ann Krentz is one of those authors I know I am going to enjoy. I don't need the blurb, or the cover, or even an idea as to who the book will feature to know that I am going to want to read it.

Jack and Winter's story is no different. I enjoyed it, I liked the characters, I liked the resolution of the story of the boys rescued from the cult. And, I loved the quirky nature of the characters.

I think, of all of the things I like about this author, the quirkiness of the characters is what I love
Diane
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Untouchable by author Jayne Ann Krentz, (Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas #3) is an interesting suspense thriller with a return of Jack Lancaster. Jack is a consultant to the FBI and is being drawn back into the firey darkness of hunting Quinton Zane, again! He suspected that Zane would have found a way to escape the burning boat and reinvent himself with a new name. I really enjoyed the Winter Meadows aspect of this story and her childhood history with Alice. I like Winter and her special gift of ...more
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre

Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas (3 books)
  • When All the Girls Have Gone (Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas #1)
  • Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2)