Start by marking “Adrift (Cruising, #1)” as Want to Read:
Adrift (Cruising, #1)

Adrift

(Cruising #1)

After Andrew Wentz loses his job, his parents take pity and invite him to join them on a Mediterranean cruise. He jumps at the chance, but once he’s aboard, he feels guilty. Shouldn’t he be figuring out what to do with his pathetic life instead of lazing around on a ship?

The cruise was supposed to be Eric Schofield’s honeymoon, but one cheating fiancé later, he’s traveling
ebook
Published May 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Adrift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adrift

Start your review of Adrift (Cruising, #1)
Meags
4 Stars

Adrift tells the story of a sizzling vacation fling that ignites between professionally challenged Andrew and newly un-engaged Eric when they fortuitously meet on a Mediterranean cruise.

What begins as something fun, steamy, and casual, soon develops into some serious potential for a more profound relationship between Andrew and Eric.

As the two men near the end of their time at sea they must decide if what they have shared is simply a memorable holiday fling or whether they have the
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Really, this is exactly like the blurb says.

Two complete strangers looking for a bit of escape on their respective “vacations” hook up and though the attraction is instant, can something more develop in a short 10 days?

Well, yes it can!

Easy. Pretty smexy. Minimal angst.

This ends on a HFN as Eric and Andrew decide to extend their trip together… I have no doubt they’ll find a more concrete happy ending in the sequel!
Chris, the Dalek King
Two men, ten days, and tones of chemistry lighting up the Mediterranean waters…

I had happened to catch wind of this book being written months ago on some facebook discussion that, to be honest, I haven’t a clue what the original post was about. Something about being transgender or writing transgender characters…something in that general vein, I’m sure. Anyways, L.A. Witt mentioned that she was writing a new book that featured a trans guy as an MC and I immediately made a note of the title so I
Mirjam

Being freshly unemployed Andrew Wentz decides to accepts his parents's invitation and join them on a Mediterranean cruise. Despite feeling guilty, after all he should be sitting at home with his worthless MBA and crushing debt and applying for jobs that required two MBAs, twenty years experience, and a notarized reference from God. he intents to have a good time in a sun chair with a tropical drink in my hand.

Eric Schofield should be honeymooning on this cruise, but he is boarding without his
L.A. Witt
Apr 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books, transgender
Available May 7th.
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
4.5
I liked this book a lot.
In the time span of a cruise in the Mediterranean (~ two weeks and half, more or less), two men meet and start something. First a sex buddies relationship, but then it becomes more. I really appreciate that there aren't big declarations of eternal love because two weeks are enough to start developing feelings and care about a person, but not enough to really fall in love, imo.
The book has some steamy scenes that are really really hot! Wow
One of the mcs is a trans
Oxy
May 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So Eric apologized to Chris for making Chris cheat on him, lol wow, that’s a new one. Oh and Eric wasn’t over Chris but was willing to date (or remain fuck buddies) with Andrew. Everything that could be wrong was wrong with this book.
dbbks3
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gem

Another L.A. Witt gem. Only pris I want more of these two hot guys. Beautiful story that was well written. I want more.
AussieMum
Sep 14, 2018 marked it as nope-not-for-me-not-interested
Shelves: dnf, kindle-unlimited
DNF 30%

T.L. Travis
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some rebounds

Are meant to be something more. Don’t dwell on what you do or don’t think something is, just enjoy it.
LWM
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely budding shipboard romance...

...though I don't really agree with how Eric forgave his ex and accepted partial blame. Hello! The man cheated and brought the person he cheated with into his and Eric's bed! He deserves castration and having them boiled then fed to him. Are you kidding me? No one, no matter how well adjusted and NICE, would allow that disrespect go by. It is not realistic.

So that is why this one gets two and a half stars.
Rachel
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this one, I love L.A. Witt's books and I always forget she can write sweet sexy romance fabulously.
Coco.V
Dec 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/7/2019)! ...more
BR11
May 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
It’s a sweet book but nothing much really happens other than them meeting and having sex (medium steam) in the cruise. Also, the end was very unfulfilling to me.
Jenn C
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet, sexy, fun read. Can’t wait to read the next chapter.
Karen
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
On-board hook up that turns into a relationship within a few days. It would have been easy to mess this up and make it tacky due to the short time span the story is set in, but it’s anything but.

I also love how one of the MCs is trans, which is important for representation, but it was so seamlessly part of the story without being a big deal. As it should be.

Lovely descriptions of the places the cruise ship stopped at too - made me long to visit Spain.
Faye Kennedy
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku-read, m-m
3.5 stars.. The start was okay, but later in the story i found the dialogue hard keep track of who was speaking esp in sex scenes. A great connection from the moment when they both run into each other on-board. Eric is a trans guy looking for hookups but what he finds is much more. This has a lot of bedroom scenes and playing tourist. Angst for Eric over his relationship with Chris and Andrew stressing over getting a job.
Eric onboard a ship for the next 10 days which would've been his honeymoon.
Lidia
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I really hate the open final , especially because I'm not too convinced by Eric sentiments and needs. It's obvious that he is in rebound while poor Andrew is ready to fall in love. I would like know more about the two though, both have chemistry going a lot.
Leah
The first in a new series from author L.A. Witt, Adrift is a fun, light romance and a great start to the series! There was only one thing I was skeptical about, which I discuss in my review.
Jane Harper
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Loved this cover. The book was enjoyable, nothing special. 3.5 starts, rounded up.
W.S. Long
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid 3.75 stars story. This is a story with a chance meeting on a cruise between probably two unlikely people.

I like how the author developed the characters, and their internal conflicts. At times, I think there was more time discussing ports of call and what the characters planned to do, and there was not a lot of angst, much less than I expected actually, but I love how the characters feelings developed toward each over time and got stronger. Definitely loved the HEA.
Kim
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these characters a lot, but felt they could have been developed a bit deeper. The reader is told that Eric and Andrew have this easy time being with each other, and I wanted to see more of that beside their sexual chemistry. (Judging on the plot summary for book 2, I'm hoping we'll see more of that there)
Pat
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!

Oh, I enjoyed this story so much. Two lonely men, Eric, on his honeymoon without his cheating ex and Andrew on a vacation with his parents. The chemistry and attraction was sizzling. They had so much fun together. As the cruise was coming to its end , they both realized they wanted more. Andrew was cautious of just being a rebound, though. Will he take a risk.
Diane
Tentative steps lead to leaps..:

I loved the romance that developed and grew between the two characters. There were times I felt part of the travelogue! Definitely reading the next book in the series.
Pat
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
A lovely story of Eric & Andrew meeting on a cruise ship then enjoying the benefits of getting to know each other in and out of bed.
It’s a story that is very plausible on both men’s count .
Well written a lovely story line.
Bridget
It ended so... suddenly. :(
Cindy Pearson
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read M/M books before but this one had a twist I didn’t see coming, definitely a first to read a book like this.
♥J ♥
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5
Andrea
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great writing but way more sex than story
Becca
May 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Private Charter
  • Lust Hate Love (Fallen Angel, #4)
  • Galaxies and Oceans
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • Caged In (Ace's Wild #12)
  • Terms of Service (The Heretic Doms Club, #2)
  • Unscripted
  • Rainbow Place (Rainbow Place, #1)
  • Shrewd Angel
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • Something About You (Saint and Lucky, #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • #Royal (Fever Falls, #4)
  • Alaska  (Sawyer's Ferry, #1)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is ...more

Cruising (2 books)