Start by marking “Over and Over Again” as Want to Read:
Over and Over Again

Over and Over Again

A ring of braided grass. A promise. Ten years of separation.

And memories of an innocent love with the power to last through time.

When Luca Ward was five years old, he swore he would love Imre Claybourne forever. Years later, that promise holds true—and when Luca finds himself shipped off to Imre’s North Yorkshire goat farm in disgrace, long-buried feelings flare back to
Published July 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Over and Over Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over and Over Again

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
update: february 8th, 2019:
That was just as magical and beautiful and sweet the second time. I have to say that Luca and Imre are one of my favorite OTPs of all time, and I just don't think I'm ever going to stop gushing about this incredible story. ♥

——————

first read: june 16th, 2018:
When I first heard about this book, the author was accepting ARC requests, and I immediately had to send one in. Feel free to judge my long love of this “taboo”, but I have loved age gap romances ever since I was a
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
At nearly 8,000 Kindle locations, Over and Over Again is a hefty beast of a book. I admit I was daunted by the page count.

I needn't have worried too much though. The prose is quite lovely, and while I found myself wanting to skim on occasion when the plot got tangled up in the details, I was mostly entertained and found myself obsessively googling Yorkshire farms. Sheep are fucking adorable, and I'm not ashamed.

I'm a sucker for an age gap, and since Imre is more than 20 years older than Luca a
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.75 stars*, rounded up for the explosion of emotions at the end of the story.

Over and Over Again was my first book by Cole McCade and it was a whopper, clocking in at nearly 700 pages. But though the story was lengthy and took me a long time to read, I found it to be really satisfying and completely worth my time.

Over and Over Again is a meal of a story, not a snack.

First of all, in case anyone is curious, Imre's name is pronounced eeee-mm-ray. TBH, I was sort of saying "Ernie" with an "m" so
Cadiva
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, apart from my mardy comments about dry stone walls and tea versus supper, and the arctic type snowpocalypse which seemed to have descended on Imre's farm like a second ice age, this book is a gorgeous exploration of a relationship.

Cole McCade has such a beautiful command of language when it comes to evoking emotions and feelings, and this book is no different.

While I can't say - as a Yorkshire girl born and brought up literally on the doorstep of this book's setting (I live just a few miles
Nicola
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
It’s no secret I love Cole McCade’s writing and this time is no different as he brings us a deliciously sweet leading into sexy romance involving a gentle-natured, silver-fox demisexual goat farmer, and a frustrated younger man who has lost his way a little.

description Am I allowed to want you the way you want me? Even a little?”

description

Imre’s and Luca’s journey is without question slower burn; something I loved, as not only is it in keeping with the fact Imre is demisexual, but it creates build-up and tension a
Truuss
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, m-m
An ultimate friendship - a deep-rooted love, wrapped in soft silk like a precious treasure.

This way of writing is just superlative. The love is deeper, the tension intenser, the snow whiter, the grass greener, an all-consuming love story with details that touched my heart like electric sparkles and stopped my breath more than once.

Luca, nineteen years old, came back to the goat farm after ten years.
Imre a silver fox, Luca’s parents best friend, lives there alone and runs the farm. Luca promised
Xia Xia Lake
Apr 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
Dear Lord!!!! look at the unedited photo of the model from this cover!
Susan
Aug 02, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF at 30%

I liked this. Now, that's a bit strange to say about a book I DNF, but I really did like the pretty descriptions about the landscape, the isolated feeling of the goat farm, the characters, pretty much everything.

But... this book is long. And while I love long books, I just read a review where someone mentions miscommunication up til 80%. These guys apparently never talk about their feelings. And that means I have hours to go before they do open up to each other. And I like my men to ta
Erica 📚♋️✨🌸
I freaking loved this book so much way better then i thought it was going to be. The characters are just so amazing and both characters are both going through there own inner battle with there feelings for one another and also some personal battles ugh this book just broke my heart and put it back together again. I totally recommend this book to anyone who likes m/m romances that have a lot of feels because this book Made me cry tears and happiness and sadness you guys really need to read this b ...more
Sanaa Z.
4.25 stars.

Over and Over Again was a really good blend of slow burn & an age gap romance. I'm sometimes hesitant to try new authors but I really liked this more that I expected.

Although it could've been a few pages shorter (in my opinion) this really was a well thought out book. I loved that the author used the proper language for the characters. And I was a sucker for all those adorable animals!

Luca and Imre were perfect for each other. They both brought their own uniqueness into the rel
Mindy
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: age-gap, lgbtq, favorites
This was a beautiful book. I loved it.
description
Katerina
Jul 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
Two new babies. And they are so fat and heavy. 700 pages to revel :)

AussieMum
Oh my. How do I rate this? For my personal experience I will say 3.5 stars. But I can easily understand why people are loving this book. It is beautifully written, the characters have a delicious 26 year age gap, the burn is so slow that it's almost glacial, and that cover tells me that Imre is this hot and ripped older man...yes please.

But...the beautiful writing sometimes became swathed in purple. A few hours in I started skimming some descriptions and thoughts and feelings because I just wan
Santy
Age-gap books are quite tricky to write about; especially with the type of gap that exists in this story between Luca & Imre but I believe Cole pulled it off flawlessly & effortlessly. It was a joy to read.

One of the things I adore about this author is how evocative & lyrical his writing is. Even with the huge page count of this book, the writing made it so that the story flowed seamlessly from start to finish and at no point did it feel too dragged out.

I loved loved loved my kind, g
Leah
In true Cole McCade fashion, this book delivers a wonderful love story (the slowest of burns!) among the most lush, uniquely descriptive language. The book made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me want to throw my phone--basically, it runs the whole gamut of the emotional spectrum, and every word, page, chapter is so worth the read.

Read the full review on my blog!
Stephanie Landis
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm struggling to know how to rate this one because I liked some parts of it and other parts didn't work for me at all. My rating is hovering somewhere between 2 and 3 stars.

This is my first Cole Mccade book, and perhaps it was a bad choice to start out with because age gap romances aren't my favorite. But the authors blurb on Twitter had me hooked at the words, 'goat farmer.'

Some spoilers ahead:

Things I liked about Over and Over Again:
-The writing was beautiful and sucked me in. The over all s
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

So, a silver fox, goat farmer, age gap story, featuring the best friend’s son? Not to mention that cover? Yes, please. As soon as I heard about this one, I was dying to read it, as Over and Over Again combines so many of my favorite story tropes. I found this book just lovely and romantic and both of these guys stole my heart.

The story is incredibly character driven, so much so that these guys barely interact with anyone but each other over the course of quite a
Wotgermaine
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m
This is a heartfelt book by Cole McCade, who wrote the fun His Cocky Valet. For me, Over and Over Again was sweet but too long for the amount of plot and character it had. McCade’s writing is smooth and clear, there are a couple of top-notch sex scenes, and his big-age-difference MCs are attractive by themselves and together. But there’s an overabundance of setting description, and a few conversations between the MCs are rehearsed too many times without forward movement in the relationship. Desp ...more
Aleksandra
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
Wholesome and peaceful romance novel.

It’s gorgeously written, I didn’t expect to fall so much in love with the description of goat farm daily life.

Over and Over Againis sweet story about nineteen year old Luca being sent to old family friend’s farm. Luca hasn’t seen Imre in ten years, both of them changed and reading about them meeting again and leading who they are know was wonderful.

It was fun following Luca and Imre, learning about their fears and struggles, seeing them happy and opening up t
Em
Jun 19, 2018 marked it as kindletbr
Shelves: aoc, lgbtqiap, mm, cont-rom, p500
I'm going to give this another chance.
Amazing!!! I am officially obsessed with this author
Roberta Blablanski
***ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for a honest and impartial review.***

I've been struggling with how to review this book. This is my first read by Cole McCade, and I wasn't familiar with any of this writing prior to reading Over and Over Again.

First, I should mention that I prefer reading longer stories to shorter ones. This one clocks in at just under 700 pages, which excited me from the get-go. What also attracted me was the demisexual rep.

The author goes into great detail of
Cee Brown
♥.•♥.•*♥) ♥.•*♥
(.•♥ (.•`♥Poignant, delightful and felt like coming home.

REVIEW TO FOLLOW
~nikki the recovering book addict
5 beautiful stars

Wow... it’s been so long since I’ve read such a beautiful book. Beautiful prose, beautiful characters and beautiful storyline. This was just such a lovely love story. I didn’t even mind the length of it. In fact, I relished the fact that it was so long. The prose made it all worth it.

I lived Imre and Luca’s lives. I was with them through that winter storm. I was with them through the birthing of the goat kids. And even through all the awkward moments between them. I lived their
Tjarde
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Bev
4.5 stars from me. First off...I absolutely loved this one, and read it straight through with no distractions. Cole's writing once again was full of feels and emotion, just beautiful, and as I remarked to Debra on here, I haven't been this weepy and fully immersed in a story since reading Point of Contact...which also required a box of tissues 😢.

A very slow burn romance [actually romance could be in caps, it was delightful] with a huge age gap [26 years] and a 10 year history between the two MC
Nicole Field
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: demisexual
Every book I read after this is going to seem both shorter, and more laborious, I feel. Such was the quality of writing in this book, the narration and descriptive prose was an artform of its own.

As Cole himself says in the afterward, this isn't an 'issues' book. This is a book more to do with love coming together after a long wait. It is also a May/December romance, and after this I think I'm going to struggle to find any other that do the trope justice.

Flat out, I think this is my favourite m
Ashleigh | Wild Heart Reads
Over and Over Again follows Luca and Imre, as Luca returns to the place he once called home after 10 years. But Luca is none too happy to be back given that his parents have essentially shipped him off after a motorcycle crash or two, unable to deal with his antics. For Imre, Lohere hasn't truly felt like home since the Ward family left and now Luca has come crashing back into his life, changing it forever.

Over and Over Again is one of the most beautiful romances I have ever read. McCade has suc
T
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has a definite May/December theme with Imre as the older, caring, more steady balance to Luca's young, wild and wanting so badly to be loved. This book wasn't the typical older guy dominant looking for a young impressionable sub!
Imre was this caring, gentle giant, just a sweet soul! He was so hesitant and guilt filled about his growing feelings for Luca. His sheer goodness just made you ache.
Luca was so fragile, his relationship with his parents broken but once in Imre's presence he bl
The_Book_Queen
*happy sigh* This was a fucking delight to read. So soft and romantic and sweet but also deliciously angsty (but not too angsty!) with some hot scenes later on. So great.
  • Be My Best Man
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Dirty Mind
  • Love You So Special (Love You So Stories, #3)
  • Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform #7)
  • Safe Place (Rainbow Place, #2)
  • Cash (Lucky, #2)
  • Tribute Act (Porthkennack, #8)
  • Adulting 101
  • Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love, #4)
  • Little Wild Animal (Little Wild Animal Universe, #1)
  • The Remaking of Corbin Wale
  • Road to the Sun
  • Counterpoint (Twisted Wishes #2)
  • End of the Trail (End Of The Trail, #1)
  • Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)
  • Bishop's Move (Drifting, #1)
  • Blowing Off Steam
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o
“He was in so many ways a stranger to Imre now; the boy he had been, that child who’d followed Imre everywhere, wasn’t in this young man who moved as though his body were made of music and laughter, who carried his hurts inside as if they were jewels to be hoarded, small and shining things that belonged to him and only him.” 0 likes
“As long as Imre was here with him, he was home.” 0 likes