Start by marking “Not for me, please!: I choose to act green” as Want to Read:
Not for me, please!: I choose to act green

Not for me, please!: I choose to act green

Join Luke on his journey to protect what he loves with this engaging children's picture book about sustainability and acting green. After noticing the damage caused to the environment and animals due to trash and waste, Luke decides to take action. He believes he can have a big impact on the world around him and invites his readers to join him!

Using his phrase, ‘Not for m
Kindle Edition
Published April 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Not for me, please!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not for me, please!

Start your review of Not for me, please!: I choose to act green
Clare O'Beara
Even the youngest kids who can read, can start to be greener and make their own choices. Through Luke's journey we see the harm done by discarded trash and the many better options which exist. Each page has a colourful picture, a rhymed few sentences, and underneath a small-print explanation with longer words. This may be helpful to adults.
I enjoyed this cheerful little read and I suggest it would go down well with a class or Scouts, or for a family discussion point. The main theme is giving th
Lieve Snellings
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is THE school tool to educate 6–9 y kids on environment.

If you search for a children’s book that explains, what is our responsibility and what can we do, for the environment, then you have found the book you were looking for!

The illustrations in the book are wonderful.
The story s written in rhyme. It’s a nice, an easy to read narrative, that entertains and drawn the children's attention. I love the way that at the bottom of each page, the author explain more to the children (and adults) so
Tamara
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great content!

I love the examples the author uses throughout the book and the added facts at the bottom of the pages! My kids have started asking me every time we go food shopping, if we can use our reusable bags instead of the plastic ones! I Love how this book is changing our family habits!
Mark Restaino
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is for me, please!

I really enjoyed this book. The illustrations were beautiful. The rhymes had good rythm. And the message was perfect and practical for kids- take little steps, by saying "no" to plastic waste, to help make our world a better place.
Robyn Michaels
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book to introduce youngsters to recycling!

I did enjoy what I could read. The font needs to be larger and/or darker. Parts of it I could not read at all because of this issue.

Would I read this to a child? Most definitely - if the print was larger and/or darker I would!
Tracy Ledford
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
The message does cover the current best practices for going green, so for educational purposes, it’s pretty good. As a read aloud though, it is neither captivating nor entertaining, coming across as a thinly disguised lecture rather than a story to share.
Jessica Veiga
Found it looking for a book to read with my K students tomorrow to talk about recycling. Really liked it. I think they'll enjoy it. ...more
Kathy
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great book, powerful message that even rhymes. I can't wait to read this to my grandkids and take away wonderful tips. ...more
Adriano Marques
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good! I recommend.

This book is packed with very good information that is easy for kids to understand. Bought for Earth day and my kids really felt inspired.
Therese Fenzl
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book to be shared with parents and children. Colorful pictures draw you into the story.
Provides material for discussion and action.
Elizabeth Spalding
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Not for me, please!: I choose to act green was written by Marian Godsey and illustrated by Christoph Kellner. It was published April 16, 2018 by CreateSpace Independent. It is a fiction picture children’s book, but the story line behind is nonfiction. This book is about learning how to go green. I think this would be an amazing read aloud for students explaining how we can come together to protect the environment. There are many activities that I could branch off of from this read aloud that cou ...more
Taryn Smith

• Dragons Love Tacos
  • Ruby Finds a Worry
  • The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear
  • Snowflake Bentley
  • Waiting is Not Easy! (Elephant & Piggie, #22)
  • What If We Were All The Same!
  • Last Stop on Market Street
  • Extra Yarn
  • The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be
  • A Unique Start From 6 Feet Apart: A Book About Returning to the Classroom During a Pandemic
  • Kindness is my Superpower: A children's Book About Empathy, Kindness and Compassion (My Superpower Book 1)
  • I Promise
  • Triangle
  • Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...