Start by marking “The Line Below” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  212 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
From #1 Amazon Sports Fiction bestseller comes a standalone new adult romance about a collegiate swimmer who falls for an Olympic track star.

Water. The place where I feel at peace.
Free from the expectations. Away from the judgement. Weightless from the obligations.

When I slip under the cool surface, I’m no longer sinking from the demands of family, school and the choices
Published June 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Line Below, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Line Below

Gabby
Huge thank you to the author for sending me a review copy of this book. Unfortunately, this book just wasn't for me. This is a new adult sports romance, which tend to be a hit or miss for me. This one was definitely a miss. It follows this girl named Shay who is a swimmer for the Olympics. She has two sisters and all they talk about is their casual hookups and partying, I didn't know much else about them. Shay casually hooks up with this guy all the time (I can't remember his name), but then one ...more
Elle's Book Blog
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Release Date: June 28, 2018
Genre: New Adult, Sports Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Ohh! This was a really good one! I am pleasantly surprised because I have never read anything by Ali Dean before and I didn't know what her style of writing was like. But YES! This is a fantastic one. I am so glad I took a chance on a new author (one of many this week, thank you). Sports romance fans are going to rejoice for the Line Below. It's a quick and charming read and perfect for those who love the genr
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
3.5 Stars!

This started out really strong for me. I loved how Jett approached Shay in the beginning. He was very upfront with what he wanted and expected. It's actually very refreshing. That never wavered but his take charge demeanor did kind of fizzle out over the book. The author had him coming on strong with the bossiness but then didn't carry it through the whole book. It's not a huge difference...but I'm a reader who likes the bossiness in my H's, so it was noticeable to me. There were also
2.5 stars.

This was solidly in the "alright" category. I haven't read an NA story in a good long while and there's a reason for that. I just can't connect to most of the MCs featured in NA stories anymore. They're either too immature or there's too much drama for me to really care. I just hand wave it all with a psh and move onto the next thing. However, I have enjoyed Ali Dean's stories in the past and figured this would be a good change from what I've been reading.

Despite the instalove in this
LisaReadsAlot
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Dramatic, with a side of angst. I’m a sucker for a sports romance and this one was a bit of a struggle for me. I couldn’t connect with the characters and the drama was too over the top. This was my first Ali Dean book and I’m grateful for the copy that was given to me. I do have another copy of an Ali Dean book that I’ll be reading, so just because this one wasn’t quite for me, I look forward to see what she has in store next.
3.5 stars.
Reyne Clark
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I have actually read every one of Ali Dean's books and I would say this ranks up there with Pepped Up and Black Ice. I always enjoy the effort she puts into exploring and explaining whatever sport her main character excels at without making it boring or over the readers' heads. I also enjoyed the relationship between Shay and her twin sister, Kick and look forward to her book. Overall, an excellent read.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
4 1/2 Stars!

I have been meaning to read a book by Ali Dean but for some reason I never got around to it until this one. This was a good read and I will definitely pick up more books by this author.

Shay and Kick are sisters. They are both swimmers. Shay is the one that always tows the line. She's a great character. She meets Jett. Jett is a huge track star. They have great chemistry. Their relationship starts off strong and fast. Nothing felt off about these two. They are perfect for each other
Garden Of REden
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**REVIEWED BY CASSIE**

I was very excited to see Ali Dean making a comeback to writing full time and as soon as I saw The Line Below I knew I needed to read it. I will say it definitely lived up to my expectation. Dean writes the female athlete well. Not too sporty and not too girly. She also really excels at finding the balance with delving into the inner-workings of the sport while keeping the storyline important.

BellaorevBooks
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
by Ali Dean

This was a really sweet sport/ college romance. This story made me remember college years when tests grades, latest parities and boy crush were EPIC. Our couple Shay and Jett were very driven people. Shay is a college swimmer while Jett is an Olympian track champion. Been the best at their respective sport is crucial for them as much as their mutual heart and soul burning love.

The Line Below was my first read from Ali Dean. You can see that Ali took upon her
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shay lives and breathes swimming. Being in the water, she feels at home. But her friends want her to take a break. They go out. Let me just say, the meet up with Jett and Shay, goosebumps....The way he slipped her his number....lol, unexpected, funny, Jett smooth.

I liked this story. It was sort of fast, sorta instalove. Jett wants Shay and bad. He will make you swoon. Gah...I don't want to give too much away, but this was an easy read, easily zoned into the story of Shay and Jett. This was my fi
Treena
2.5 Star

This book had so many things that I loved --- twins, a sports romance... But while it started out strong, it just fizzled out for me. I couldn't really connect to the MC's... But maybe this meh-ness is just me bec I have friends who liked this book a lot.
nikkigracereads
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a bit of a sucker for a sports romance, so I was super excited to get my hands on this one. Admittedly, it was my first time reading a book by Ali Dean, but i am certain that it won’t be the last. THE LINE BELOW is a standalone, new adult romance about a college swimmer (Shay) who falls for an Olympic track star (Jett). I really loved the writing and felt like the characters were easy to connect with. Overall, it was a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Kate
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was copied from my blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.com

The Line Below by Ali Dean

If college romances, boy drama, and sports references are your thing, then Ali Dean’s The Line Below is sure to capture your romantic spirit. I couldn’t say no to a book about swimming after spending nearly my entire childhood on a swim team (I was pretty darn good, too).

The Line Below wasn’t disappointing. It thrust me right back to my college years with all the boy drama that seemed so serious at the
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching-1
Storyline-3/3.5
Angst-1
Tissues-0
Overall Rating-3/3.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

Shay feels most like herself when she is in the water. Swimming is her one true passion and in it she finds her solace. When she is in the pool she doesn’t have to worry about the expectations her mother places on her or living up to her popular twin sister Kick’s reputation or least of all her I’m not ready for a relationship pseudo boyfriend Julian. In the pool it’s just her,
Cassie
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Shay from the outside would be categorized as a “little miss perfect” as she is smart, driven, and trie
Janel
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I have read all but ONE of Ali Dean’s books, and she NEVER disappoints! Her characters are so incredibly real; full of weaknesses and doubts and real life issues.

Ali writes about athletes and personal challenges they face. Shay is no different; she’s strong and fierce and full of big dreams for her passion for swimming. But her fears and doubts are holding her hostage. Partly without her seeing it herself. Shays journ
Jennifer Pierson
Ali Dean is a new to me author, and I'm really glad that I've gotten the opportunity to read her, as I absolutely LOVE her writing style. Shay is part of a twin sister package, and finds herself the shier one to boot. However, when it comes to swimming, the pool is where she ultimately shines, and her dream is to go to the Olympics. She's had a friends with benefits thing going with a boy that she's been crushing for a while, and while she's not hooked up with anyone else, he can't say the same ...more
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Shay is a college swimmer who dreams of making it to the Olympics. Jett is a track star who has already has a medal in the Olympic games.

Shay is always so sure of herself in the pool, but outside it is a different story. Jett know what the wants and will stop at nothing to get it.

I loved Shay's story. She had a lot on her plate, and she was trying to appease everyone. Her journey was that of love and finding her true self.

So why only 3 stars? I felt like the connection between Jett and Shay w
Anne Z.
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These two books were lovely. I would happily read them again. I don't often read sports romance but Ali Dean converted me at least for the time being. Great New Adult Romance story!

Jett and Shay were perfect for each other.

(full review will be posted here soon)
For other reviews and more Subscribe/Like/Follow

Blog: http://glimpsesofmybooks.blogspot.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glimpses_of...
GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5...
ABookLover73
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time I've read book by Ali Dean. I'm so happy that she gave me a chance to read "The Line Below". I love the book because New Adult and Sports Romance are my favourite genre of books. Trough this book I've learn few things about swimming and that is great. Shay and Jett are a such great couple. I can't wait to read the next book about Kick 😍!
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Jett is the staple of swoon worthy men! At first you might get the impression that he comes on strong but when get to know him, you read his story and know that he’s the way he is because he’s been burned before and wants to get it right when it comes to Shay!

Shay has always done what was expected but when she meets Jett her life goes off course but in the most beautiful way because he won’t let her fall!!

Their relationship starts fast but I when you have to strong athletes, with chemistry lik
Haley Anderson
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ali has done it once again! This books is absolutely addictive! Once I started it I couldn’t put it down! I love the hot and steamy romance, the friendships and the suspense. I can’t wait for more from Ali! Her books never disappoint!
Jessica Ruben
3/5 (C)
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, sports-romance
A swimmer who falls for a track star! I love a good sports romance and have read all of Ali's books! The Line Below was a really great read as well!
A Book Obsessed Brit
This was my first book by Ali Dean, I like college romance novels, so The Line Below was a book I was glad to read.

Shay Spark is our heroine, a twin to her sister Kick and both girls are part of their college swim team. It doesn't take long to establish that the Spark sisters are very different, yet have a very close relationship. Shay is serious about her swimming career; but mentally battles with the idea of going pro with her Mother instilling in her that it isn't a viable career path. Kick h
Ali McTavish
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting, if that is any sign of how much I loved it. I am all for a sports romance novel, and my favourite thing about this one, is the main character Shay, is the athlete. Yes so is the drool worthy male lead, but it was so awesome to read about an elite female athlete. The fact she was a swimmer just solidified my love for this book. I was a competitive swimmer for a very long time so this hit me so close to home!

If you're looking for an awesome romance read, I highly,
books are love
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ali Dean is a great writer of sports romances. Especially those that deal with the high school/college student. She doesn’t have a lot of angst but enough to keep you interested. She has them flawed and dealing with issues that are relevant for that age and for what is happening where her characters are and she does it with sensitivity and grace.

Here we have her characters in different sports having an instalove and chemistry. Jett is a runner. he has achieved the dream that Shay has-to win an O
Brittany&Elizabeth's BookBoutique
The Line below is about an *almost* Olympic swimmer and an Olympic track star, Shay and Jett. They meet at a club one night when out for her birthday and the chemistry seems almost mysterious and instant. Shay also has a twin sister, Kick, and so we see her dealing with the twin aspect- never feeling up to par, never the pretty one, never the partier. They are all still in college so there is all of the new adult story lines that I love to read about. I love the mix of the adrenaline from the sp ...more
Auda
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found Ali Dean as a writer (for myself) when I started Spark Springs Academy series. I waited for the last book of the series to be published so hard that I looked into amazon.com several times per week just to be sure that it is not published yet. At the end, I just pre-ordered the book and finished the worrying part.

Now I am receiving emails from author’s team and am fully updated. :)

About this book...
I had a lot on my plate when I was confirmed that ARC has been granted to me. I was finis
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Ali is a #1 Amazon sports fiction bestseller. She hails from Vermont and now lives in Colorado with her husband, boy-girl twins, and golden retriever Pancake. Ali has always loved to read, but found that there weren't enough fiction books out there featuring girl athletes. So, she decided to work on that. Like the heroines in her books, Ali is an athlete, with running and skiing her favorite sport ...more