Start by marking “The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1)” as Want to Read:
The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1)

The Conspiracy

(Maximum Security #1)

Harper Winston’s brother has disappeared. Pursuing his dream of sailing the Caribbean, Michael hasn’t responded to texts or emails in days. When even the Coast Guard can’t find him, Harper is forced to take desperate measures. Which means going to Chase Garrett, once her brother’s best friend, now the only man she can trust…or so she hopes.

As the successful owner of Maximu
Published January 22nd 2019 by HQN Books

Start your review of The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1)
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
The Conspiracy is first in a new romantic suspense series from Kat Martin.

Harper Winston’s brother, Michael, is missing. He has been sailing the Caribbean and no longer responds to texts. Harper sends the Coast Guard on a search to no avail.

Chase Garrett was once Michael’s best friend, but they had a major falling out. Harper is desperate to find her brother, and Chase is her last resort. Chase owns Maximum Security, and he knows things about Harper’s father she doesn’t know.

Harper’s father i
DJ Sakata
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
My Rating:

3.5

My Review:

I believe I would have enjoyed it more if I were a man as it was nonstop action with abductions, jungle trekking, gunfights, car crashes, rescues, explosions, dispassionate and ruthless criminals, revenge-seeking cartels, DEA agents, mercenary extractions, family drama, etc. But I am not a man and was instead expecting a story of romantic suspense instead of a busy he-man’s adventure tale. There was a bit of romance and steamy sex scenes, but the sweeter relationship was t
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
“Fate is a Hunter”

What a way to begin the NEW YEAR with a 5 STAR read! Suspense, intrigue, action, and romance! Kat Martin is officially on my 1-Click list. If you like romantic suspense, this is not a book to be missed!

The Conspiracy is about a young 30 something named Harper Winston. With her slender curves, pale blond hair, and prosperous affordable clothing line, Elemental Chic, life isn’t too bad. That is until her brother, Michael Winston, goes missing. Michael or Mikey, her only sib
Zoe
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

Fast-paced, provocative, and twisty!

The Conspiracy is the first novel in a new series by Martin that introduces us to Harper Winston, a determined, worried, young woman who embarks on a perilous journey to find her missing brother with the help of the resourceful, sexy, Chase Garrett.

The writing style is seductive and tight. The characters are intelligent, tenacious, and multi-layered. And the plot is a sultry, suspenseful mix of greed, corruption, revenge, familial drama, friendship,
Melanie
The Conspiracy was a terrific read with the perfect blend of romance and suspense.

After sailing to the Caribbean, Michael Winston disappears without a trace leaving his sister Harper terrified and wondering what happened to him. Determined to find him no matter what, Harper contacts Chase Garrett, Michael's former best friend and the owner of a successful security firm, for help. Chase has avoided the Winston family for years, but when Harper shows up requesting his help, he can't turn her down.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Pretty good. Heavy on the suspense and crime. Light on the heat. 3.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Conspiracy is a very well written story that ties many of the things I enjoy reading into one. This book is a contemporary hot billionaire, girl next-door, second chance, suspense-laden love story.

There are many aspects to this story that I thoroughly enjoyed. This book is loaded with anticipation. Harper has been crushing on Chase her whole life and seeing him again has brought back those int
☕️Kimberly
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Coffee Dates with The Conspiracy

First Date: Harper Winston's brother has disappeared while sailing in the Caribbean. She is worried about foul play and hires her brother's childhood friend even though there was a fallout between the families. Chase Garrett owns Maximum Security and knows Harper's father is dirty. He suspects something is up and agrees to help Harper. (If only to keep her safe.) She has had a crush on him since she was a teen.  He knows he needs to keep his hands off her. But
Tianna✸loves books✸
H and h know each other since he went to her sixteenth birthday party. Though he found her attractive he had no interest in pursuing her as she was his friend’s lil sister and young. I’m sure if she never came to him for his help to find her brother, he would have never even talked with her. She on the other hand had a crush on him. But after her brother became addicted to alcohol and drugs, there friendship ended. Also the H hated their father, who was a gangster in suit.

So the H wants nothing
Anita
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

Scorching hot romance and twisty suspense written by one of my favorite authors. It amazes me how consistently wonderful a book by Kat Martin can be. Few authors can just take me away and lead me on an adventure like she can.

When Harper Winston’s brother, Michael, fails to check in while on a sailing trip in the Caribbean, she knows deep down that something is very wrong. When
 LEAH⇢

Sex-plicit
With Audio Performed by Ryan Turner
description

MY THOUGHTS⇢

If you like the style of romantic suspense that was popular in the '80s and into the '90s or you like the style of Susanne Brockmann than this is probably something you'll love.  This Author's style of writing reminded me of her work quite a lot...and I, used to like th
Ashley Gallegos
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a Kat Martin fan for a long time but this book has upped the ante! Wow! I could not put it down! I fell in love with each and every character and will be reading all subsequent novels and novellas. Every single time I thought I had this book figured out, a new plot twist would throw me! It was SO good!
Dísir
I thought ‘The Conspiracy’ started off quite well, with the plot quickly and decisively set up: Harper Winston’s brother has gone missing and her desperation to get him back leads her to his former best friend (and the man she’d always wanted) though they haven’t been in contact for years. That this has ties to their powerful father who has shady dealings—who might have something to do with her brother’s disappearance—upped the ante from the start.

After an exciting start however, it was towards
OutlawPoet
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Hot Pretty People and Guns

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

So, this is one of the easy, breezy beach reads.

It's romantic suspense. Sometimes, though, the romance is more silly than hot and the suspense just...isn't. You have absolutely no doubt going in that everything is going to be okay. You have killers who time and again remarkably refrain from killing our characters. Rapists who leer and plot a lot but really go out of their way not to rape anyone. And pretty people running from danger while, more often th
SB*needs low angst books*
Harper Winston's knows something is wrong when her brother, Michael, who went on yachting to the Caribbean doesn't contact her as promised in days. So she goes to his once best friend and her old crush, Chase.

Chase Garrett is the owner of Maximum Security and once best friend of Michael. Due to the addictions Michael was dealing with and almost death Chase walks away from the friendship. Michael and Harper's father is also into some shady business as well as having some animosity toward his dad
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
**2.5 Stars**

Kat Martin takes readers on a crazy adventure in her latest romantic suspense novel, THE CONSPIRACY. This book follows successful businesswoman and entrepreneur, Harper, and handsome private detective, Chase, as they chase (see what I did there?) after Harper’s brother who has gone missing.

The Pros: I didn’t know this was the first book in a series, but I am into it. Ms. Martin plans to write an entire series centered around the men in Chase’s private investigations business. The se
Michelle
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, romance, fiction
Review can be found on my blog here: https://booksonthebookshelf.wordpress...

....

Thank you to Harlequin for gifting my a paperback copy of this book to read and share my review. All opinions are my own and are in no way influenced.

....

I loved this book. There was so much action and suspense going on, there was never a dull moment in the book. A perfect combination of action, suspense, intrigue, twists, turns and even some romance, this book was a fantastic read!

I enjoyed reading about the two ma
Richelle Robinson
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
*Review copy provided by publisher. I voluntarily left an honest review.*

I’ve never read anything by this author but I loved the blurb of this book, so I decided to give it a chance. When I first started the book, I really enjoyed the story. The author did a good job building up the suspense elements of the story.

As far as the couple Chase and Harper, go I felt no chemistry between the two. There was lust but I didn’t feel an actual romantic connection between the two. Harper always had a thin
Donna Hines
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, arc
A family in turmoil and a son gone missing is just half of this thriller.
The rest centers upon the brother Harper and the father's deadly business ventures.
As the days get longer and Michael doesn't return from his trip the family turns to Chase a friend of the family.
As Harper and Chase track down the sketchy details their flames grow higher and so the relationship begins to blossom.
Plenty of action and suspense to intrigue even the modest thriller reader.
Loved it.
Jessica Gadd
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought The Conspiracy was a great book :) It had lots of suspense and action, plus some hot and steamy romance! All the characters were great and the story line was really interesting. Definitely looking forward to reading more the Maximum Security Series.
abdulia ortiz-perez
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Cheri
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting twists and turns....good storyline
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Willful ignorance can bring only a short amount of bliss. Harper Winston bursts back into Chase's life again. No longer just his best friend's little sister, she is a successful business woman looking for help. She is sure her brother Michael is in trouble and she has nowhere else to turn. She went to her father who assured her that her brother is just offline for a bit. She knows better and thankfully, her tight relationship with him, saves him.

Ms. Martin kicks off this new series with a strong
Cathy Geha
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
The Conspiracy by Kat Martin
Maximum Security #1

Great introduction to what will no doubt be a wonderful suspense packed romantic thrill ride provided book by book. In book one we meet the Garrett brothers, find out a bit about them and what they do, learn about Maximum Security (one of the businesses of the Garrett brothers) and are introduced to a number of people that may show up in future books of the series. That said...THIS book is about Chase Garrett and Harper Winston.

Harper’s brother Mic
Anne Z.
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Harper was a fabulous female lead. She made a name for herself apart from her filthy rich father and has became very successful. She is willing to fight for those she loves and doesn't give up easily.
And it is with that mentality that the story starts. Harper's brother is missing and she needs help finding him. She contracts Chase for the job.

Chase was a good character too, but I didn't like him all the time. He was a bit of a self-righteous prick. Not in a broody alpha male sort of way - which
Amanda
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
[I received an arc from @harlequinpublicityteam for an honest review]

This is the first Kat Martin book I have ever read, so I didn't go into this with any expectations on that front. I do however love romantic suspense and in that genre this book fell flat for me.

The first half of the story was done well. The changing of point of views while Harper and Chase tried to find her missing brother keep the story moving and interesting. After that I felt like the author was just throwing things in to
Robin Loves Reading
Harper Winston's brother Michael has disappeared. He was planning to sail the Caribbean but remained in close contact with Harper. After a few days of non-contact, Harper knows something is wrong. However, the Coast Guard cannot find any sign of Michael, so Harper turns to his best friend, Chase Garrett, for help. As Chase is the owner of a firm called Maximum Security, which includes private investigations and the like, he is the perfect man for the job.

Out of respect for his best friend Micha
Books and Spoons
With fast-paced rough, tough, and deadly action and suspense and lust-filled romance, the new series by Kat Martin centering around the Maximum Security is introduced to the readers.
I'm a long time fan of the author, I especially liked the books from Alaska, the unforgiving nature as part of the romantic suspense giving it another dimension. I liked The Conspiracy, even enjoyed the second half of it immensely, it was entertaining and engaging with the unpredictable suspense and savage scenes wh
Jannah
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely the best book that I have read so far this year and this latest Kat Martin is her best too. Fantastic story that gripped me from start to finish.
Joyce
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first book in a new series. Harper Winston’s brother is missing
And she seeks the help of his college friend and owner of Maximum Security,
Chase Garrett. Together with the help of others the case is solved. This
tale deals with crime, drugs, espionage and has many twists and turns that
Will keep you reading. I enjoyed this novel and look forward to her next book
With the strong characters and high stake adventure she writes about.
Jamele (BookswithJams)
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: partner, arcs
3.5 Stars. This was my first book to read by this author and I found it enjoyable. I am not a huge romance genre person, especially when you mix it with mystery / suspense, but this one really worked for me. I enjoyed the chemistry between Harper and Chase, and thought the author did a good job of setting the stage for them given this is the first in a series.

The pacing is steady, and there are several twists throughout that keep you on your toes and wondering what will happen next!

For those t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Dark Water Rising
  • After Sundown
  • Broken (Deep Ops #3)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • What Doesn't Kill Her (Cape Charade, #2)
  • Deep in the Alaskan Woods (Alaska Wild #1)
  • Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)
  • Dark Storm (South Shores #6)
  • Stone Cold Heart (Tracers #13)
  • In Her Sights (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • You Will Suffer (The Agency #3)
  • Deadly Obsession (Steele Ops, #1)
  • Hidden (The Texas Murder Files #1)
  • Slow Ride (Road to Love, #2)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • All Fired Up (Road to Love, #3)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy #2)
  • Deadly Touch (Krewe of Hunters #31)
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read

Maximum Security (5 books)
  • The Deception (Maximum Security #2)
  • The Ultimate Betrayal (Maximum Security #3)
  • Come Midnight (Maximum Security, book 5)
  • The Perfect Murder (Maximum Security #4)