Start by marking “Butterfly Blood (Metamorphosis, #2)” as Want to Read:
Butterfly Blood (Metamorphosis, #2)

Butterfly Blood

(Metamorphosis #2)

A sixteen-year-old girl who cheated death continues her fight for survival as she goes up against real-life monsters, desperate for her unique blood, while risking everything to reunite with the love of her life, who is battling his own soul-sucking demons.
Paperback
Published August 2018 by Lakewater Press

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Butterfly Blood

Start your review of Butterfly Blood (Metamorphosis, #2)
Lyn
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've just read the eARC of BUTTERFLY BLOOD by Rebecca Carpenter. It's the second instalment in The Metamorphosis Series. Sequels often don't live up to their predecessor, but not in this case - it's even better. The parallel story lines of Bethany and Jeremiah allows you to feel their fear, their pain, their regret as they each move through their own timeline. Set in Georgia and Florida, the story will take you on a roller coaster ride that will have your heart racing when you realise Bethany is ...more
Jodi Gallegos
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
"Nature demands payment. And nature demands balance"

With the events of Butterfly Bones barely behind her, Bethany Keatley has just begun to settle into her new life when mother nature rears her ugly head again.
Cured of her bone disease and still reeling from her father’s last act, Bethany is now living with her aunt Denise in Florida and trying to adjust to a “normal” life. But the secrets from her past are threatening to rise up and destroy her chance for a new life.
First Bethany discovers a
Laurie Bell
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bethany’s recovery is only just beginning with her move to her Aunt’s home in Florida. This time we also journey with Jeremiah, who is undergoing his own transformation. Still, their love for each other keeps them fighting – against all the odds.

Medicine and the medical profession are not Bethany’s friends… But it may be the only way she can stay alive.

Another fabulous story from Rebecca Carpenter. The twists and turns in this sequel took me by surprise and kept me guessing until the end. The du
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
This is the second book in the Metamorphosis series. I would highly recommend reading the first, Butterfly Bones, before reading Butterfly Blood. You get the gist of what occurred in the first book, but I think it's really necessary to read it in order to fully comprehend the timeline of the Butterfly Bones.

Our MC, Bethany was born with osteogenesis imperfecta. In layman terms, she was born with a genetic condition that causes bones to be very brittle and break easily. Her scientist father appar
Kelly
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was much more exciting than Butterfly Bones, the first book in the series.

Bethany is trapped in Florida with a doctor who discovered a secret in her blood and Jeremiah is trapped himself back in Georgia. Will they find each other again and escape the demons following them?

Yet again though, the story is somewhat finished... imminent danger avoided and then a big old "to be continued..." at the end. Come on. End the book the right way. When does the next book in the series even come out?
R.S.  Jonesee
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Rebecca Carpenter’s Butterfly Blood and once I started reading I couldn’t put it down, for real. Fast paced plot, deep characterizations, and frightful suspense.

Carpenter weaves an exciting sequel to Butterfly Bones (read this first) by alternating between the personal journeys of Bethany and her estranged boyfriend, Jeremiah. Both characters are fighting their own battles as they try to reunite, but...

I’d hate to give away any spoilers, so I’ll end with a warning: Set asi
Sue Featherstone
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Butterfly Bones is a YA-cum sci-fi-cum magical realism-cum-mystery novel that, like The Hunger Games and the Harry Potter stories, also works for adult readers.
The plot has some shocking twists (sorry, no spoilers here) that are all the more powerful for being so completely credible.
With a smart and sassy heroine in Bethany Keatley, this a stunning sequel to author Rebecca Carpenter’s 2016 debut Butterfly Bones.
Looking for a tense, twisty YA drama? Look no further.
Kriz
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Nature demands payment. And nature demands balance"

I absolutely loved it. I read it in a couple of hours. Very easy to read, very cute love story. Its wild for sure though and as far as sequels go this was amazing!!

Even though you kind of get the gist of what happened in the first book, my advice would be to read the first book before reading.Butterfly Blood.

Rebecca Carpenter is for sure an excellent writer. Im hoping to read more from her.
James Weaver
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just finished the ARC of Rebecca Carpenter's Butterfly Blood. Carpenter is a very talented writer who has penned a very solid follow-up to her first novel in the series, Butterfly Bones. She has an easy to read writing style and immerses you in the emotions of her characters. There's plenty of twists and turns in this novel to keep the plot moving and I'm looking forward to the third installment to see where she takes this engaging story. Definitely worth your time to pick up both of these! ...more
Wendi Silvano
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished my ARC of BUTTERFLY BLOOD. What a ride! Bethany’s roller-coaster of a life has only intensified and taken on multiple whiplashing turns. With such a unique premise and feisty protagonist, this story will strap you in tight, zip you through loops of heart-pounding drama, and leave you out of breath, but completely electrified! READ IT!
Rachel Rouen
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorties
Okay um deep breath guys

Yeah... this book was SHIZZ-TASTIC.

Characters, so beautiful. I loved the addition of Aunt Denise. The plot twists were exhilarating and fresh. World-building on point. Everything is basically on point and I can't freaking wait until the next book!
Kristy Fairlamb
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
An intense edge of the seat ride - loved it.
A brilliant sequel to Butterfly Bones. And what an ending. The excerpt for book 3 has me dreading the wait until its release. I'm so excited to see how this story ends.
Kate Foster
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As sequels go, this is one of the most exciting and intense I've ever read. As Rebecca Carpenter's editor, I was on tenterhooks waiting for her to send book 2 in the series to me, especially since book 1, BUTTERFLY BONES, is such a whizzbang of a debut. But, I needn't have worried!

You get so much more than expected in this book, intertwined with the same emotion, courage, and fresh, original content, and that creepy undercurrent of darkness and intrigue running through as in book 1. If you haven
Debbie Morgan
Aug 30, 2018
Ambure
Oct 29, 2019
Lucinda Stein
Mar 17, 2019
John Williamson
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Carpenter is a writer to watch because she’s following in a tradition of novelists who use real science as elements of their stories. This is impossible to fake: you either understand the science or you don’t…and she does. In her novels, previously-published Butterfly Bones (which I recommend you buy at the same time, if you haven’t already read it, because it gives you some key background information and is a good story in its own right) and the new one, Butterfly Blood, her heroine, Be ...more
Terina
Carrie
Sep 19, 2018
Shanon Buffington
Nov 09, 2018

• Fifth Grade Secrets (Treetop Tales)
  • Unspeakable Things
  • Starring Stephanie (Sleepover Friends, #2)
  • Sleeping Roses (Dead Roses, #1)
  • Gods Behaving Badly
  • Spellbook of the Lost and Found
  • Backwoods Ripper
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Who's Reading Darci's Diary? (Darci, #1)
  • Adèle
  • The Incarnations
  • Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors and Other True Cases (Crime Files, #16)
  • Ghost Walk (Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud #1)
  • Mosquito Man
  • Pretty Little Girls (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #2)
  • Nobody Tells Lia Anything (Spooky Matchmakers, #1)
  • Blackbird Road (Jake Caldwell, #3)

Metamorphosis (3 books)
  • Butterfly Bones (Metamorphosis, #1)
  • Butterfly Broken (Metamorphosis, #3)

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...