Start by marking “Afternoon Delight (Charity Case, #2)” as Want to Read:
Afternoon Delight (Charity Case, #2)

Afternoon Delight

(Charity Case #2)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  356 Ratings  ·  158 Reviews
The perfect man for me is the one who broke my heart. #thanksbutnothanks

Once bitten.
Twice shy.
Yeah, I wish.

I'm on a mission to find myself a nice, solid, respectable man. The only problem is nice, solid, and respectable comes in a meh package and is B-O-R-I-N-G as hell.

It's been established. I have one type. Bad Boy. I tried the other flavors, I really did. But there's not
Published May 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Afternoon Delight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Afternoon Delight

JewelsyGoolsy
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Man, this H gave me great grovel from start to finish. And we know how much I love a man grovelling.
Sweet and safe story. Told only in the h’s POV. Standalone story in a series where I never read the 1st book and was able to understand everything and everyone. Ends in a HFN where it preps into next couple’s book.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I just love it when I find a new author that writes with humor and heartbreak in such a way that it emulates everything women go through today.

No one wants to admit they’re miserable and girlfriends can only do so much for you. But sometimes the one person you thought you hated the most turns out to be the one person you’ve missed the most.

Chelsea had her hands full with this one. Her hot hunk of a dreamboat turns out to be her ex and all bets are off when he sets his sights on her. Seems she ma
Piper Rayne
May 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
AFTERNOON DELIGHT IS LIVE!!

What happens when Chelsea walks into the tax attorney's office only to find out he's her ex-husband?

Oh yeah, and he wants her back.

An ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS/SECOND CHANCE ROMCOM STANDALONE that according to reviewers brings ALL THE FEELS!
 photo AD_TEASER_5.1_zpshnbltxyy.png

GRAB IT before the price goes up!
Amazon US ~ https://amzn.to/2kCLGOQ
iBooks ~ https://apple.co/2qYCCGM
B & N ~ http://bit.ly/2HNAr3b
Kobo ~ http://bit.ly/2HrwiTg
Google Play ~ http://bit.ly/2kBxLs3
Amazon UK ~ https://amzn.to/2H4wXVJ
Amazon
Susan (susayq ~)
This was little more angsty than what I'm use to from this duo. But it was great!

Chelsea and Dean were divorced five years ago after a whirlwind marriage while they were in college. Neither have gotten over the other, but Chelsea is doing her best to try when Dean inserts himself in her life. He's changed in the years theyve been apart and is determined to get the love of his life back. Does he? You will need to read this and find out.

I liked both Chelsea and Dean. Dean was a little smug, but
Paula  Phillips
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know how there are just some series that you read so fast you can't wait for the next one to hurry up whereas others can take years to read as you procrastinate and read other books ? For me, a series I have been loving this year and already read the prequel and now the first two books and will be sad to see it end is the Charity Case series by Piper Rayne. I love the characters of this series so much that I wish they were my best friends as they just seem to click so well with one another a ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Swoon! I loved Afternoon Delight even more than I did Manic Monday. I was really excited to read Chelsea's story after being really impressed with her in Manic Monday, and here in her own story she shines even more.

She's on her way to make a delivery for her boss, and she's late, when lo and behold, who does the tax attorney she's making the delivery to turn out to be? None other than her ex-husband, the man who decimated her heart 5 years ago. Chelsea's body is still attracted to this charmer,
Sarah  (sarahandherbookshelves)
*ARC received for review!*

This was a lovely second chance romance! I have not read to many second chance romances and I am glad that this one of the first! Chelsea and Dean got married when Chelsea was young, unfortunately their marriage didn't last long and they divorced. Five years later and Chelsea and Dean are in each others lives again and Dean would do anything to gain back Chelsea's love and respect.

One reason I adore this series is that is is funny! Chelsea had me cracking up, and she is
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Social Butterfly PR***

Dean and Chelsea are the ultimate second chance. Not ex-boyfriend and girlfriend who broke up through no fault of their own...but a divorced couple who split up because the things that happened to them in their relationship were more than they could manage to get past...for reasons that you start to suspect but are fully revealed slowly.

Sometimes, it is nice to read a book about where the man just loves the woman. This is that book. Dean is
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Afternoon Delight, the second book in Piper Rayne's Charity Case series is just another example of how this dynamic duo can do no wrong! This enemies-to-lovers and second chance romantic comedy is the perfect mix of laughs and angst, which is something that I've come to expect when it comes to these two incredibly talented authors!

After devouring Manic Monday I was ready to dive into the next book in this series and WOW did Piper Rayne deliver with
Valentine
Where the f***k is the grovel?????
Seriously? All the 5 stars for this s**t?
Can't believe I spent my morning reading this, based on the reviews it should have been amazing...and what I had is a needy and annoying h with her panties in flames every time that idiot of the H was talking to her. And the H, what an arrogant prick. Fuck off.
Flo Grugel
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read.
I liked Chelsea and Deans characters and thought the story flowed nicely.
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Afternoon Delight is the second book in the Charity Case series, and the first series of Piper Rayne’s that I have read. I read the book quickly, over the course of a weekend, and found many aspects of this second-chance romance irresistible.

This is the story of Chelsea, a woman who is rebuilding her life after the end of her impulsive first marriage. Since divorcing her husband five years ago, Chelsea has found professional success working at the RISE Foundation. Despite the heartbreak she’s en
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
I absolutely loved Chelsea and Dean's story. I'm a fan of second chance romance and this is an example of the sub-genre done perfectly.

I feel like Piper Rayne have been hitting out of the park with the men on this series. I loved Reed, and now I feel like I equally love Dean just in a different way and for different reasons. I'm so used to the ex-husbands in the story being the bad guy. I'm still not quite sure I feel like the ex of the last book is redeemable enough to deserve his own story. B
Shannon
4.5*

I’m just going to say it...Afternoon Delight was a delight. Plain and simple. It’s an engaging and heartfelt story that will have you believing in second chances.

Chelsea and Dean’s young relationship was one that burned hot and fast, but burned out just as quickly. For the past five years Chelsea’s done her best to move on and put Dean out of her mind. Dean, on the other hand, has used the last five years to become a better man, someone deserving of the love Chelsea used to give him. And he
Cindy
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Afternoon Delight by Piper Rayne is the second book in the Charity Case series. But a complete standalone. And once again I LOVED the work these two authors do.

This is a second chance romance about Chelsea. She's trying to rebuild her life and is now looking for Mr Right, Mr Perfect. After divorcing her alcoholic husband 5 years earlier, she runs back into him. And surprise he's got his life together, and he's a lawyer.

Dean has definitely grown up and changed, but Chelsea is too scared at fir
phoebess
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
Chelsea and Dean's story started fantastically. I enjoyed every bit of it but toward the end, the story lost its drive in every "we need to talk about everything" hint and unfinished sentence that were meant to built up the drama. For me, it was the opposite...
Plus, it got a little bit crowded there with all those cameos of previous and upcoming characters.
Liber_Lady
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was my first book by the author and I had a great time reading it. The main female character is sassy and loud-mouthed but absolutely funny. She loves BAD BOYS and the King of Badboys a.k.a her ex-husband is Back. He wants her back and she is not ready to forget everything that happened five years ago and go running back.

The story flowed at a great pace. The banter was amazing and it was a quick, funny, and romantic read..The side characters were amazing and I can't wait to read more about th
Danielle from Short and Sassy
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I LOVE a good second chance romance novel This made my summer sizzle!

Chelsea and Dean were a young love. Got married very young. It ended bad. They walked away broken hearted.

Now Dean is back and a better version of his old self. He wants Chelsea back and to prove to her he i a changed man.

Loved this story. My heart melted and finished this one in one sitting. That is how good it was!
CrazyDaisy
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

Piper Rayne, the incredibly hilarious duo, has struck again. Afternoon Delight was funny, sexy, and had me swooning throughout. I was immediately intrigued especially after the bomb that was dropped at the end of Manic Monday. I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this book.
I love the dynamic that Chelsea and Dean brought to this series. I was already in love with their overall trope of divorcees with this series. What I didn't expect was the second chance roma
Heather
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review**

Oh how I love Piper Rayne! I swear each book just gets better and better. I've loved every book they have released, but in my opinion, this is one of their best. Not only is it a second chance love story, but it also shows that even when things may seem like they are black and white, they rarely are and things happen for a reason when the time is right.

Chelsea Walsh has had her share of heartbreak in her twenty fi
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars

Yes! I loved this book! Actually I love all Piper Rayne books. That said, Afternoon Delight includes one of my favorite heroes! I love you, Dean! <3

We met Chelsea in the previous book, Manic Monday. From that book, we learn that Chelsea is divorced and her ex broke her heart. She has nothing nice to say about him but she sure does say a lot of not so nice things. So from there, I inferred that he was a jerk that broke her heart but I didn't know why or what happened to end their marri
Liv
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED Chelsea & Dean!!! This story was absolutely TOP and one of Piper Rayne's best books if not THE BEST!

Although I wasn’t as emotionally invested in this story as I usually am with my 5 star reads I still loved it equally as much. The writing was perfect as always and I feel like the books get even better and better with each new release, if that's at all possible because they are all amazing in their own way. There's nothing negative to say about this book and everyone who knows me will
Nightbird Novels
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Chelsea Walsh couldn't be more surprised when her ex-husband suddenly shows back up in her life. Five years ago she left him and never looked back, and now all she can think of is Dean and the good times they had before everything fell apart...

Dean Bennett isn't the same man that he was five years ago, and he is going to prove it to Chelsea in any way he can. He has lived his life without her for too long, and he isn't going to give up until she grants him a second chance...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lulu Dumonceaux
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Charity Case Series is easily becoming one of my favorites. The girls are just funny and so relatable. Chelsea is probably the funniest of the crew and this is her story. A second chance love story that is ever so complicated. And Chelsea wants no part of it. Chelsea walks into the office of the tax attorney who is doing pro bono work for the charity organization she works for and who is the attorney, it's her ex-husband that she left while he was passed out one night five years ago. For Che ...more
Love N. Books
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02:

Not many books are out there where the ex is actually a decent human. Much less the characters end up back together!

Piper Rayne handled this with such grace and humor, tackling a gross divorce, addressing the problems causing the divorce, getting family to accept the ex, and the characters realizing the love is still there. All the while making it angsty and serious, but light-hearted all at once.

Somehow they are able to make the reader forgive the evil ex and all his wrongdoings.
Amy Rangel
Afternoon Delight by Piper Rayne
Chelsea and Dean’s story
5 Star
This was more than an absolute DELIGHT to read!

This book totally checked off the right boxes. There was humor, hot dirty talking sexy man, angst, emotional fear, hot dirty talking sexy man, witty banter and so much more. Did I mention a hot dirty talking sexy man?!?

Chelsea was such a pleasure to read, from Book 1 to her book. She is so funny, wild and bold. She tells it likes it is, and even when she doesn’t want to hear it herself,
Chasing Away Reality
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This duo just gets better and better! They continue to show their creativity and ability to deliver a fun, heartfelt, passionate, and deliciously dirty read. And I have to say that I think this was my favorite so far.

I absolutely loved Chelsea and Dean. These two were incredibly perfect for one another. Both were sharp, quick-witted, dirty-talking, and strong. They had fantastic chemistry and that visceral connection that I long to see in a couple. I loved their snarky banter and ability to read
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

This is the second book in the Charity Case series, and I LOVED it! Chelsea goes to drop something off for her boss, only to find out that she just walked into her ex-husbands office. This is definitely not where Chelsea wants to be, getting caught by said ex-husband makes the whole thing even worse. When Chelsea left her husband 5 years ago, she never wanted to see him again. Now, seeing him brings all the hurt back up to the forefront. Now Dean is trying to convince
Kim
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Afternoon Delight is book #2 in the Charity Case series and I swear, each book just keeps getting better!! Piper Rayne can do no wrong!

Chelsea is on her way to a date when she has to stop and drop something off for her boss. Little does Chelsea know she’s walking into her ex-husband’s office whom she left five years ago.

Dean had some growing up to do when Chelsea left and divorced him. He has been working hard to get his life back and track and go get the one person he’s loved forever, Chelsea.

I
LaGina
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read from the duo of Piper Rayne in this (what I hope to see become) a series. I just love how that we have some serious moments but then there is an equal balance of fun and funny stuff going on too. The story flow is awesome and the characters are some that make you wish they could step into the real world and be your friends.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Piper Rayne, or Piper and Rayne, whichever you prefer because we’re not one author, we’re two. Yep, you get two USA Today Bestselling authors for the price of one. Our goal is to bring you romance stories that have "Heartwarming Humor With a Side of Sizzle" (okay...you caught us, that's our tagline). A little about us... We both have kindle’s full of one-clickable books. We're both married to husb ...more

Charity Case (3 books)
  • Manic Monday (Charity Case, #1)
  • Happy Hour (Charity Case, #3)