Start by marking “Dead Drunk (Soul Seekers #4)” as Want to Read:
Dead Drunk (Soul Seekers #4)

Dead Drunk

(Soul Seekers #4)

Peyton has found sobriety and launched her ghost-hunting business, Soul Seekers, only to discover things aren’t as easy as they might have seemed. The stress between her and her best friend and business partner, Olivia, is beginning to take its toll when they land their first official case.

Peyton comes face to face with not only a spirit, but her own personal demons
Kindle Edition
Published by Parliament House Press (first published September 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Drunk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Drunk

Books Before Bedtime
I recently finished Dead Drunk by Alice J. Black, book four in her Soul Seekers series. Read on for my spoiler-free review (it’s a short one since the Soul Seekers series is comprised of novellas). Note: While there are no spoilers for this specific book in my review, there may be spoilers for the books that came before it. It is book four after all.

*Disclaimer: As a Book Reviewer and Bookstagrammer for The Parliament House, I have the opportunity to receive free copies of books and
K.L.
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Dead Drunk is the true beginning of Peyton and her business, Soul Seekers. Olivia has joined Peyton to start up their ghost hunting business. They have a office and now they just need cases. And when her first case comes in it hits on a painful personal aspect of Peyton’s life, alcoholism.

We meet a family where the daughter is concerned for her mother whose house is also the occupant of her dead husband. From his pipe being lit on the table by his chair and the smell of his tobacco t
Jessica
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

This novella started off in no time at all compared to the others, which were setting up the plot of the novella and what was going on in Peyton’s life. I liked how quickly things started going, and I really enjoyed seeing the Soul Seekers business take off and start getting cases.

I can’t really say much more than this because of how short these novellas are, not to mention t
Chloe
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the fourth instalment in the Soul Seekers series and I'm still wanting 'more' from it! I feel like the storyline lacks depth and the short instalments don't give enough time to really dig deep into the characters. I still want to know more about Olivia and Peyton. On top of that, the ghost hunting part of Dead Drunk really fell short, I didn't enjoy it one bit. It felt more of a side story to 'Peyton drinks endless cups of coffee'... I WILL persevere with the series because I'm hoping I' ...more
Danielle Roux
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The case in this book is my favorite, so far. I enjoy ghosts that are a bit more human, and this one is certainly not a nameless shade. A complicated situation that force Peyton and the gang to make some tough choices. Relationships and families make for some of the best horror stories, and the most relatable.
R.J. Garcia
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this easy to read and gripping novella, Dead Drunk, Peyton and Olivia now start their business, Soul Seekers as paranormal investigators. Peyton not only has to face ghosts but her own struggles with sobriety. It is one of my favorites in the series so far.
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, loved

I am absolutely loving Payton’s journey that she’s on Ghost Hunting and staying sober now she’s obsessed with coffee ( just like me ). I loved how the title of this story is exactly what the book is about. Following Payton and Olivia on there ghost hunting business Soul Seekers is so much fun. Her first official call that she gets hit a little close to home and Payton has to deal with her own personal demons.

That being said this being such a short novella there c
Maureen Neil
Sep 18, 2019
Stacy_reviews_books
Dec 30, 2018

Soul Seekers (10 books)
  • The Darkness Within (Soul Seekers #1)
  • The Room of Arches (Soul Seekers #2)
  • The Beginning (Soul Seekers #3)
  • Shadows at Starlight (Soul Seekers #5)
  • Murder on the Sapphire Bay (Soul Seekers #6)
  • Under the Big Top (Soul Seekers #7)
  • The Jolly Dodger (Soul Seekers #8)
  • Hell at Halfingdon Asylum (Soul Seekers #9)
  • Facing the Torment (Soul Seekers #10)