Start by marking “The Beginning (Soul Seekers #3)” as Want to Read:
The Beginning (Soul Seekers #3)

The Beginning

(Soul Seekers #3)

Peyton is considering using her gift to help others. She realizes she's already helped so many people, both alive and dead, that perhaps it can continue. But can she do it alone?

While Peyton tries to persuade Olivia to join her in a new business venture, she battles the particularly brusque owners of a haunted hotel in her first paying ghost-hunting job.

Peyton seeks the
Kindle Edition
Published by Parliament House Press (first published July 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beginning

K.L.
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
The Beginning is another great addition to the Soul Seekers Series. In this edition we follow Peyton as she tracks down ghost hunting work and the perfect opportunity arises as a local hotel that is under new ownership and under renovations -we all know renovations bring the ghosts out- is being haunted.

With an ad in the paper drawing people from all backgrounds to the hotel, Peyton is the only one who offers to help. This is also her first encounter with her competition, other ghost hunters. Bu
Jessica
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

"This was the beginning. This was Soul Seekers."

This series has once again surprised me. This is marketed as a serial of horror ghost stories, and this is by no means a genre or kind of story I would normally pick up. I loved how this story was the kick off of what the rest of the stories are going to go. Once again, my main complaint with these is that it takes a long time f
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Payton is now wanting to become a ghost hunter and run a business with the help of her friend Olivia. Will she end up helping her or is she on her own?

One morning Payton is reading the paper and drinking her coffee. She sees an article that catches her eye. It’s about a hunted Grand Hotel in Fillbury. The couple that own the hotel think it’s the elderly woman that had passed a little while ago. When Payton arrives there are a lot of people there because they also want to catch a glimpse of the g
R.J. Garcia
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 I have had this on my kindle for a while and am so glad I had time to read this one. This novella turns up the level of intrigue as Peyton takes her first paid ghost-hunting job. I really liked seeing Peyton finally seeing the value of her gift, which she has battled within prior installments of the Soul Seekers series. I appreciated the friendship between Peyton and Olivia who are two strong female characters and the hotel the perfect atmospheric setting. This is just the creepy, easy-to-re ...more
Danielle Roux
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ghost-hunting is something that I have always been fascinated by, so naturally I was thrilled at the premise of this novella. Peyton starts a ghost-hunting agency! Honestly, I was less terrified by the case in this novella than by the starting-your-own-business plotline, but I think that says more about me than it does about the story. Murderous ghouls, I can handle. Adulting is where the real horror lies. I just want Peyton to be successful! Also, I want to meet more ghosts!
Jess (bookwyrmbella)
This is another good installment in the series. It progresses Peyton’s use of her gifts. She is finally seeing the value in her gift and charging for her services. The haunted hotel aspect is creepy and is definitely a place I would never choose to stay at. I would reccomend to anyone who likes ghost stories.

Maureen Neil
May 30, 2019
Stacy_reviews_books
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
**I was sent this book in exchange for a review**
I am hooked! Peyton has been sober for 5 months and has solved 2 ghost mysteries. She is bound and determined to be a ghost hunter now and decided to go to a haunted hotel with an ad in the paper. She finds a very dark backstory to the hotel and the ghost isn’t happy. I have to stop there before I spoil you any further!
Tracy Fritts
Mar 28, 2019
Jessie
May 10, 2019

Soul Seekers (10 books)
  • The Darkness Within (Soul Seekers #1)
  • The Room of Arches (Soul Seekers #2)
  • Dead Drunk (Soul Seekers #4)
  • Shadows at Starlight (Soul Seekers #5)
  • Murder on the Sapphire Bay (Soul Seekers #6)
  • Under the Big Top (Soul Seekers #7)
  • The Jolly Dodger (Soul Seekers #8)
  • Hell at Halfingdon Asylum (Soul Seekers #9)
  • Facing the Torment (Soul Seekers #10)