Start by marking “Heartsong (Green Creek, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heartsong (Green Creek, #3)

Heartsong

(Green Creek #3)

All Robbie Fontaine ever wanted was a place to belong. After the death of his mother, he bounces around from pack to pack, forming temporary bonds to keep from turning feral. Its enoughuntil he receives a summons from the wolf stronghold in Caswell, Maine.

Life as the trusted second to Michelle Hughesthe Alpha of alland the cherished friend of a gentle old witch teaches
ebook, 2nd, 391 pages
Published October 22nd 2019 by BOATK Books

Start your review of Heartsong (Green Creek, #3)
T.J.
Jul 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
HEARTSONG IS LIVE

You ready?

*Reminder: the paperback is published by Amazon, and therefore, is an Amazon exclusive. The size of the paperback is the same as Wolfsong and Ravensong, but the formatting of the interior is slightly different.

Amazon Ebook: https://www.amazon.com/Heartsong-Gree...

Amazon Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/Heartsong-Gree...

All other locations Ebook: https://books2read.com/u/31rQwr

Audible Audio: https://www.audible.com/pd/Heartsong-...
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Something is seriously wrong with me because I made the extremely poor decision to start Heartsong at 10 pm.

I decided to read just a few chapters, and I checked the clock a minute later and it was stupidly, nonsensically 3:30 am. THREE-THIRTY IN THE FREAKING MORNING.

If you think there will be a natural stopping place where you can put the book down for a bit, some downtime between the excitement and action, you'd be dead wrong.

I was a bit worried about reading this one because it had been
☆ Todd
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I loved, loved, LOVED getting to read this next book in the Green Creek series. The boys are back, you guys!

However, I've got to admit that if you're looking for tons and tons of forward movement in the overall plot arc, this might not be a favorite story for you.

This was Robbie's book and when I first began reading, I admit to feeling completely lost. Kind of spun around a bunch of times, then set loose while wobbling around disoriented.

I suspect that TJ probably did that intentionally, but
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Well, that's a surprise. I wasn't lying when I wrote this before starting ☟☟☟

WHAT I REALLY WANT IS CARTER'S STORY BUT I'LL TAKE THIS, THANK YOU

... and even though I was eager to get back to the Bennet's Pack, I didn't expect to love Robbie and Kelly's story, mostly because it was an established couple kind of story (view spoiler) and I don't really enjoy those in romance. Plus I mean, I've always loved Kelly (who's ace, by the way ♥), but Robbie?? Huuuuh. Let's say
Wendy
4,5

I started this book completely confused. I didn't know up from down and I had nu clue what the freck was going on !!!

Now, I did re-read Wolfsong and Ravensong right before I started this one (you should do it too) so that was not the reason for my confusion. You will get me when you start this one...I can only say, hang in there...things will clear up !!

I can honestly say that out of the three books in this series that are out now...this one stressed me out the most. Poor Robbie and Kelly...the
Anyta Sunday
Sep 16, 2018 is currently reading it
Who knew waiting could be so torturous?

And I only just finished Ravensong.
Gonna be a long year.

i
carried
them
scars

The truth will be revealed, and everything will shatter.

I declare myself a huge fan of Green Creeks boys and girls and mother. And father who keeps appearing in visions and dreams. By the way, I would love to have the story of Elizabeth and Thomas Bennett told at some point.

So, this book is about Kelly and Robbie and Bennett's pack new adventure. And in the beginning the story is completely confusing. The main issue
Sanaa
Re-read 01/18/2020

Fuck my life. This was harder then I thought I'd be. Why. Just why do I do this to myself 😭 I love the people in this series. And it never gets easier.

Going to just go bawl in the corner.

Home, he whispered. You smell like home. You always have. And thats the only thing that matters. You dont need to remember because I remember for the both of us.

______________

5 stars.

Because you filled a hole in me I didnt even know was there. You make me complete. You make me happy. I
chan ☆
May 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
did someone say ACE REP
Diana
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When this was first released, I put off reading it for a while. I was nervous because my friends said the beginning was confusing. So, when I dipped my toe into the water, of course I was confused, but not as much as I thought I would be. I was, once again, sucked into a world with wolves and witches, the way only T. J. Klunes flawless writing can do.

So much as happened to the Bennett pack the last few months, and it is fractured. Their bonds must be strong if they expect to succeed in finally
Lost in a Book
5 Million Stars... totally a thing

Ohhhhhhh, TJ How have we gone from pinecones and epic and awesomeness to this? Im not mad at it. At all but I could have used some pinecone moments when I was getting my ass kicked by your creative genius.

Not gonna lie, I started, Heartsong and had zero clue what was happening until

oh.gif

And then it was all GASP. WtAF. And Rawwwwr. And more incoherent thoughts as I began piecing things together. Which turned into

f this.gif

Then actual footage of me coping...

sob.gif

A lot happens in book
Alexandra Elend Wolf
4.75 stars.

Grass. Lake water. Sunshine. So much sunshine. As if the world was on fire.

This was such an enjoyable book... especially because it destroyed me so thoroughly.

The moment I knew this book was gonna exist I was excited to read it. Hard not to, after all, it is the third book in a series. Though, I tried my best to not have expectations aside from seeing my beloved characters again.

Which worked out mostly fine.

What remains is a broken heart shattered like so much glass.
Fabi
I don't even know where to start...

First of all, I LOVE this cover.

Then,

A book I have a hard time tearing myself away from. A story that keeps me captivated so that I keep anxiously coming back for more.

5 stars!

This is book #3 in the M/M PNR series Green Creek. You might be able to read it as a stand alone novel and enjoy it. But if you read it as part of the series you'll get a much fuller and intimate experience.

TJ Klune blew the PNR genre out of the water with Wolfsong. With Heartsong he has
Simone
***5+++ Stars*** for both, audiobook and story

"Pack is hope.
Pack is family.
Pack is love."

Boy, did this one HURT ... One heartbreak after the other, but I'm still kicking, because... thank f*ck for Rico who made me laugh so hard sometimes. ;-)

We are literally the gayest pack that has ever existed, Rico said to no one in particular. I see no problem with this.

Neither do I... ;-) Gawd, how I love them all!!! ❤
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars

Oh my god MY HEART

Why do I let TJ Klune do this to me??? I keep coming back to him like an addict begging for my next hit! His books hurt soooooooooooooooo good!!! Gah!

Heartsong is book three in the Green Creek series and yes, you do need to read books 1 and 2 before this one. Plus, you really should just read them, period. The beginning of this book is a tad bit confusing, not gonna lie I picked it up and put it down after 5% or so. It wasnt until another book friend *cough* Christy
Dia
As much as I love this series, and I really do love all the Bennetts and their mates, Robbie and Kelly's story didn't really keep me on the edge of my seat. There was A LOT of drama, many painful scenes, but many times I felt the need to take a break from it all.

This book felt too long, the action dragged many times and I got tired of the repetitions and all their memories...

Overall I enjoyed it, there were a lot of wonderful scenes, but I kind of wanted more and the action to speed up. There
tappkalina
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt-read, 4-star
02 July 2020

Thomas Bennett would be so proud of Ox and Joe! 😭 And the letters he wrote to his sons' significant others? 😭
He wrote the truest sentence of truest sencences: "But he [Kelly] must be protected at all costs, because he deserves it."
I can't even begin to tell you what Kelly means to me, because we would be here for days. I just want him to be safe and loved. Because he deserves it. He deserves everything.
And Elizabeth... the queen she is. I wish she was my mother. She is the softest
Annika
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing world TJ Klune has created with this series. So vivid. Atmospheric and gripping. Heartsong was impossible to put down once picked up. Real life was not my friend while reading this wonderful book. Klune held me captive with his words. They all had meaning and together they created this amazing tale about a lost wolf finding his way back home.

The more time we spend in Green Creek the more intricate this world becomes, more layers are revealed. Wolfsong was kind of
Lauren Lanz
Wow, wow, wow, did I not expect this! T.J. Klune has outdone himself yet again with a plot so enthralling it was a struggle to stop reading.

"You would make up stories that absolutely weren't true, and I remember looking at you, thinking how wonderful it was to be by your side."

This series is everything to me right now. These characters make my heart ache, as Im terribly attached to each one. Green Creek is the perfect little forested town; being immersed into such a beautiful place with each
Eugenia
Audiobook: 5+ Stars!!!!
Story: 4.75 Stars (Im charging .25 stars for Kleenex)

Yes, its true what all the other reviews say that this book is angstier than Ravensong. And, yes, it will make you cry more than oncebut what book from TJK wont do that, be they tears of pain, laughter or joy?!

Will this be one that I listen to repeatedly like the first two? Maybe. Why? Robbie goes through such an INTENSE and EMOTIONAL journey here. His story, from his POV, is a total mindf**k! And as a reader, you find
Hollis
I think it's official. I think this might be my favourite of the bunch (so far!). And while I admitted to downgrading book one from a full five to a four and a half.. this one goes the other way. My original GR rating was four but I'm rounding right up to top marks.

Full review for blog to come.

------

Wow did the beginning of this one ever take me by surprise. This might be one of the cooler twists in a connected series. Also ow how dare you, Klune.

In HEARTSONG things get bigger, the stakes are
leo | 飛べ
Hey.
Hi.
Hello.
I see you, you know?
I see you.
And I will never let you go.

Dont read this review unless youre caught up with the Green Creek series

If you think youre prepared for what youre about to read, think otherwise: when TJ Klune said Heartsong was going to be the darkest hour before dawn he certainly wasnt joking around. Heartsong is dark it goes places you dont expect it to go and everything the pack will go through will break your heart, over and over again.

Like all the previous books
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
If this book doesn't make your heart sing, you might want to check to see if your heart is still beating! I honestly didn't expect to enjoy Robbie & Kelly's story so much, but it works in every way. My heart broke. My heart swelled with love. My heart sang. Romance, humor, intensity, suspense, shockers, heart-eye moments . . . Heartsong has it all. It's truly an epic addition to the Green Creek series with too many special moments & scenes to count. Once I got into this story, I could ...more
aleks
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
So I'm the black sheep of the Klunatics. I've already come to peace with it. It's okay.

ONLY IT'S NOT BECAUSE I WAITED THREE YEARS FOR THIS BOOK AND IT FELT LIKE TWELVE AND IT FELT LIKE AZKABAN AND NOW IT'S LIKE THE ORDER OF PHOENIX INSTEAD OF LIKE ALL THOSE GREAT WOLFSTAR FANFICS--

Anyway.

You know what I like about love stories? The one thing I love the most? To see how the two idiots actually SLOWLY FALL IN LOVE. So why the hell in a 4-book romance series I only got that in book 1? And yeah I
Jewel
4.5 Stars

"I'm going to love you," I whispered to him. "I'm going to love you, and I'm never going to let you go."

Wow, that was ...unexpected and kind of amazing. Have you ever wished you could experience something again for the very first time? What would you wish for? A story? To fall in love? To find the family you didn't even know was lost? Heartsong is all of this and more.

Heartsong is Robbie's story, through and through. It's the story of what it means to be lost and found again. What
Ariana
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You. Are. Wolf. He said.
You. Are. Pack. He said.
You. Are. Bennett.

And that's what it all comes down to in the end.
Or if youd rather go with the lighthearted summary by Rico:

witches and wolves are the most dramatic bitches Ive ever known in my life. Like for once can we just have a normal day without stupid shit happening.

TJ had me in the palm of his able writing hands right from the first paragraph. We get thrown into a plot that doesnt feel right from the word go. I was left confused and
Lea
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartsong was just as great as I expected it to be. It was amazing to read a book from Robbies POV, he is such an interesting character, and seeing Green Creek through the eyes of a wolf was a joy! I had to put the book down a couple of times because I was so shocked by the twists, laughing over the Bennett Pack being their wonderful selves, or crying because this book made me feel ALL the feels! ...more
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
i may not love this as much as the previous two, but its still really good 💚

rtc.
Leaf of Absence
I'm at this point with this series: I'm not sure I'd want this pack in charge of all the werewolves, or in charge of anything really, because they don't ever seem to learn from their mistakes. They spend a lot of time chasing their own tails, and they're a little too in love with their own drama. Also, they should definitely not ever be in charge of strategic planning of battles.

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
There was something I dont know. Endless. About you and me.

description

I know. I KNOWWW. It takes me 4 yrs + a day to finish a book nowadays, but I finished this one and I can still say this series remains one of my favs. Though I don't think it can compare to Wolfsong (but like, honestly, wtf can?) these characters still make me all gooey inside.

& if you think my wolf loving ass is going to re-read these until August is here and Brothersong is out then you're absolutely right #packpackpack bitches

• Boyfriend Material
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • The Dragon CEO's Assistant (Golden Kingdom, #2)
  • Ramen Assassin (Ramen Assassin #1)
  • How to Belong with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #3)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Hell and Gone
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • All That Has Flown Beyond (Natural Magic #2)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Unshaken (Guns n' Boys #9)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Black Sky Morning (Mind + Machine, #3)
TJ KLUNE is a Lambda Literary Award-winning author (Into This River I Drown) and an ex-claims examiner for an insurance company. His novels include The House in the Cerulean Sea and The Extraordinaries. Being queer himself, TJ believes it's importantnow more than everto have accurate, positive, queer representation in stories. ...more

Green Creek (4 books)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)

Articles featuring this book

It's no secret that mainstream romances have traditionally skewed very straight. But the romance genre is slowly becoming more inclusive of...
“We are literally the gayest pack that has ever existed,” Rico said to no one in particular. “I see no problem with this.” 8 likes
“What the hell? This is some goddamn horror movie shit. I don't like this. I'm a minority. Everyone knows minorities die first in horror movies.” 3 likes