Start by marking “The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)” as Want to Read:
The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

The Demigod Files

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians Companion)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  68,759 ratings  ·  2,452 reviews
How do you handle an encounter with Medusa on the New Jersey interstate? What's the best way to take down a minotaur? Become an expert on everything in Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
Published February 10th 2009 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Demigod Files, please sign up.
Serena Among a lot of other things, three short stories one story about the stolen chariot, one about the bronze dragon, and another is the sword of Hades.
Serena It has some trivia and short stories. :)
I'd borrow it from a friend or the library before deciding to buy though.
Life of Pi by Yann MartelThe Hobbit or There and Back Again by J.R.R. TolkienCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëEragon by Christopher Paolini
What To Read Next
11,948 books — 20,537 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Giver by Lois Lowry
Best Young Adult Books
11,402 books — 77,190 voters

More lists with this book...

·  68,759 ratings  ·  2,452 reviews

Jayson
(B+) 77% | Good
Notes: It’s fast-food fantasy: formulaic fun. Foundational founts of fruitful fodder, framework, and footing for future fiction.
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Si por mí fuera, leería a cinco autores durante toda mi vida: Rick Riordan, J. K. Rowling, Laura Gallego, Patrick Rothfuss y Sarah J. Maas. LONG MAY THEY REIGN!

The Demigod Files es un libro compañero a la primera saga del Tío Rick: Percy Jackson and the Olympians y tiene tres historias cortas y unas cuantas entrevistas para partirse de la risa.

La primera historia, The Stolen Charriot nos cuenta cómo Clarisse debe recuperar el carruaje de su padre Ares para probar que es una digna hija de la gue
Mario
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this so much, I loved the short stories. Gotta say that my favorite was the one with the dragon, just because it had both Percy and Annabeth in it.
Erin
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-fiction
Let me preface this review by saying that I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series. I recommend it to kids all the time, and have read the first four books. I did not like this little addition. I have to admit I was mightily turned off by the little Disney logo next to the Hyperion imprint. Intellectual snob? Little ole me?

Maybe the Disney thing wouldn't have left such an impression had the pictures included with the text not resembled so many a Disney character. Did Chiron have to look
Tahera
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Right, so this has to be the quickest read of my life...finished this in an hour flat. Trying to figure out what was the point of this book though :P
Sharon
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute. And now I'm ready to finally go onto HEROES OF OLYMPUS. WHOOTWHOOT.
------------
I'm super excited to read this, and to go on to the next series. Percy is growing up and it's weird, but great.
LydiaMae
Yes, I know that the Percy Jackson's series was aimed at a younger audience.
Yes, I will continue reading and loving them until I am a withered old woman.

The Demigod Files is a collection of three short stories, interviews of the characters, fact files of the Greek gods, and activities from Camp Half-Blood.

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot=★★ stars
Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon=★★★★ stars
Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades=★★★1/2 stars

Robert Chartrand
Feb 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Shelves: fantasy, teen
The Demigod Files is more of a companion novel to the series than actually part of the series itself...I think. The book contains various mini-bios on a few of the main characters and gods. As well as a map of the camp grounds and a few other features that are sure to please any fan of the series.
In my opinion, the biggest bonuses of the book are the three short stories that it contains. Now, I'm not sure if the stories are completely separate from the overall plot of the series and therefore ha
Molinda
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Such an amazing adventure
Kübra  Yağmur Aslanhan
Son Olimposlu'a başlamadan önce ara kitabı sıkıştırayım dedim araya...
Bulmacalar ve diğer şeyler çok eğlenceliydi. :)
May 舞
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
"I'm your friend Bob" xD
☠tsukino☠
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Davvero carino; una lettura spensierata, molto scorrevole, veloce e divertente.
Spassosi i raccontini che ci fanno (view spoiler)
Divertenti anche le interviste, che ci hanno regalato delle piccole curiosità.
Tiny Mendoza
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I don't know why most of my Goodreads friends rated it kinda low, but I, on the other hand really enjoyed reading it.
I loved the mini-stories, especially the one featuring the Sword of Hades. (view spoiler)
StygianReader
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Percy Jackson fans
Shelves: 2019, favorites
Oh my gods! This was hilarious! It kept me smiling or laughing at every page I turned! I totally loved the three short stories! In the first one I really liked that Percy and Clarisse were able to work together, and I also liked seeing a nicer side of Clarisse. The second story was awesome too, with some really cute moments. And the third adventure was my favorite! I loved the concept of the children of the big three going on a quest together. And the interview part was so funny! Plus I really e ...more
Maggie
Mar 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YA fantasy lovers
Shelves: fantasy
There is a story in this book concerning the Big Three's children, Thalia, Nico, and Percy and their adventure in the Underworld that's my fave. Full of humor, danger, mythological power, and the annoying gods. This is not a necessary read following Battle of the Labyrinth but it's a must-read if you're a huge fan.
April
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
"Percy, you’re a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, it is so hard?" We locked eyes. Our faces were, like, two inches apart. My chest felt a little funny, like my heart was trying to do jumping jacks. - The Demigod Files
Attack Salmon
May 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended for age 4 - 10 because it has crossword puzzle in it
Ashley
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ttv
Rating: 3.1 (avg of all ratings)

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot - 2.5 stars: In this short story, we have Clarisse doing a test for her father, Ares. However, her brothers Deimos and Phobos are determined to have her fail, since they don't want a female driving Ares's Chariot. Percy helps her to succeed in her mission and ensure that Clarisse doesn't anger Ares. It was an okay story, with not too much that interested me, but it wasn't bad. I never found Clarisse to be that great of a charac
*~Lan Lan~*
I am a little sad that my computer decided to delete my review. I had it complete and everything and then *poof*, it was gone. So this will be an abbreviated version of my original review... in mesmerizing point form:

*Yes, I know this is a book made for kids, yes I know it has a cross word, word search, good and goddess guide, drawings of characters, and a guide to packing my own luggage for Camp Half-Blood, but I don't care! I bought this book for myself and myself only, with 0 regrets!
*and y
Lisa
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, fantasy
Actual rating: 4/5 stars

I got this for christmas from my lovely friend Patricia, thanks again! I really enjoyed it :)
Lemme just tell you: it was so nice going back into the 'early' Percy Jackson days!

description
Ah, nostalgia...

This novella takes place between the fourth and fifth book of the original PJO series and tells three short stories surrounding Percy and his friends.

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot

I'm going to give this story 3 stars, it was fun, but the plot didn't really interest me. Stol
Cinthia
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anniek
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This book includes three fun Percy Jackson stories, like the one about how the titan Iapetus turned into Bob the janitor of the Underworld. There's also a ton of cute little extras!
ivy✨
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
чичо Рик винаги успява да ми оправи настроението 👌😍
Paris_love
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Много приятна книжка , с която се забавлявах и се наслаждавах още малко на историите с Пърси и останалите герои.
Amelia Oswald
I'm still trying to find hints between Nico and Percy though.
Oh and I don't know why Percy always expect Annabeth to hit him after saying something he thought was stupid
Burning Phoenix63
Feb 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ser Winterborn
Sep 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Now I'm a huge fantasy buff and I understand the Percy Jackson books are intended for children below 12, but still, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The dialogue is terribly bad, I hate seeing the greek gods with which I grew up talking like some american teenagers. Yeah I know, this is modern, it's fast-paced, it's supposed to be an easy read for children, get them into books, but not like this. There tons of other better examples (see Harry Potter or The Chronicles of Narnia).

This book has
Shirin
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, Rick Riordan delivers. I'm going through his books slowly this year, and it was really nice to see these stories again. The book contains three stories: Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot, Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon, and Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades. The book should be read between the fourth and fifth book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian, respectively).

---

The book is fun and light. Well, the stories no
Open World Learni...: The Demigod Files 1 6 Apr 26, 2015 04:35PM
The Nooks of Books: The Demigod Files 4 13 Apr 23, 2015 03:21PM
Words Breathe Life: The Demigod Files 1 2 Feb 25, 2015 02:09PM
Reading Until Inf...: The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan --> Starting June 29th 12 17 Jul 17, 2014 10:55PM
If demigods know Jesus is not real and the worship their parents, why does percy celabrate christmas?? 4 65 May 11, 2014 10:57PM
Percy Jackson Fan...: The Demigod Files 64 68 Apr 02, 2014 03:44PM
DEMIGOD FILES!!! 29 131 Nov 10, 2013 01:30PM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures, #6)
  • The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap, #7.5)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The Artemis Fowl Files
  • Blood Tide (Never Land, #3)
  • Tales of the Greek Heroes: Retold From the Ancient Authors
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • The Lightning Key (The Wednesday Tales, #3)
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • She's All That!: A Look-It-Up Guide to the Goddesses of Mythology
  • You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5)
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
“Christmas in the Underworld was NOT my idea.
If I'd known what was coming, I would've called in sick. I could've avoided an army of demons, a fight with a Titan, and a trick that almost got my friends and me cast into eternal darkness.
But no, I had to take my stupid English exam.”
496 likes
“You stood up to the dragon so Beckendorf would have his chance to jump - now that was brave."
"Or pretty stupid."
"Percy, you're a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, is it so hard?”
378 likes