Start by marking “The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)” as Want to Read:
The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

The Demigod Files

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4.5, 4.6, 4.7)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  78,504 ratings  ·  2,771 reviews
How do you handle an encounter with Medusa on the New Jersey interstate? What's the best way to take down a minotaur? Become an expert on everything in Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
Published February 10th 2009 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Demigod Files, please sign up.
Serena Among a lot of other things, three short stories one story about the stolen chariot, one about the bronze dragon, and another is the sword of Hades.
Serena It has some trivia and short stories. :)
I'd borrow it from a friend or the library before deciding to buy though. …more
It has some trivia and short stories. :)
I'd borrow it from a friend or the library before deciding to buy though. (less)
Life of Pi by Yann MartelThe Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. TolkienCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëEragon by Christopher Paolini
What To Read Next
13,173 books — 21,938 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Giver by Lois Lowry
Best Young Adult Books
11,754 books — 80,016 voters

More lists with this book...

·  78,504 ratings  ·  2,771 reviews

Start your review of The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
Jayson
(B+) 77% | Good
Notes: It’s fast-food fantasy: formulaic fun. Foundational founts of fruitful fodder, framework, and footing for future fiction.
Mario
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this so much, I loved the short stories. Gotta say that my favorite was the one with the dragon, just because it had both Percy and Annabeth in it.
Erin
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-fiction
Let me preface this review by saying that I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series. I recommend it to kids all the time, and have read the first four books. I did not like this little addition. I have to admit I was mightily turned off by the little Disney logo next to the Hyperion imprint. Intellectual snob? Little ole me?

Maybe the Disney thing wouldn't have left such an impression had the pictures included with the text not resembled so many a Disney character. Did Chiron have to look
Tahera
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Right, so this has to be the quickest read of my life...finished this in an hour flat. Trying to figure out what was the point of this book though :P
Sharon
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute. And now I'm ready to finally go onto HEROES OF OLYMPUS. WHOOTWHOOT.
------------
I'm super excited to read this, and to go on to the next series. Percy is growing up and it's weird, but great.
Molinda Prey
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
the interview part..
ahh. I. AM. VERY. HAPPY
Lou
Yes, I know that the Percy Jackson's series was aimed at a younger audience.
Yes, I will continue reading and loving them until I am a withered old woman.

The Demigod Files is a collection of three short stories, interviews of the characters, fact files of the Greek gods, and activities from Camp Half-Blood.

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot=★★ stars
Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon=★★★★ stars
Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades=★★★1/2 stars

May 舞
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
"I'm your friend Bob" xD
Robert Chartrand
Feb 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
The Demigod Files is more of a companion novel to the series than actually part of the series itself...I think. The book contains various mini-bios on a few of the main characters and gods. As well as a map of the camp grounds and a few other features that are sure to please any fan of the series.
In my opinion, the biggest bonuses of the book are the three short stories that it contains. Now, I'm not sure if the stories are completely separate from the overall plot of the series and therefore ha
Tiny Mendoza
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I don't know why most of my Goodreads friends rated it kinda low, but I, on the other hand really enjoyed reading it.
I loved the mini-stories, especially the one featuring the Sword of Hades. (view spoiler)
April
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
"Percy, you’re a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, it is so hard?" We locked eyes. Our faces were, like, two inches apart. My chest felt a little funny, like my heart was trying to do jumping jacks. - The Demigod Files
Miia
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2018
Such an amazing adventure
Maggie
Mar 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YA fantasy lovers
Shelves: fantasy
There is a story in this book concerning the Big Three's children, Thalia, Nico, and Percy and their adventure in the Underworld that's my fave. Full of humor, danger, mythological power, and the annoying gods. This is not a necessary read following Battle of the Labyrinth but it's a must-read if you're a huge fan.
Lilah ✍
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology
Percy's adventures are the best!
Susy
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, owned-ibooks
4 stars
Some short stories, interviews with the main characters and other fun stuff.
Amelia Oswald
Update 13/6/2018: reread for the 1st time
Actual rating: 3,75 stars
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still trying to find hints between Nico and Percy though.
Oh and I don't know why Percy always expect Annabeth to hit him after saying something he thought was stupid
Lisa
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, owned
Actual rating: 4/5 stars

I got this for christmas from my lovely friend Patricia, thanks again! I really enjoyed it :)
Lemme just tell you: it was so nice going back into the 'early' Percy Jackson days!

description
Ah, nostalgia...

This novella takes place between the fourth and fifth book of the original PJO series and tells three short stories surrounding Percy and his friends.

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot

I'm going to give this story 3 stars, it was fun, but the plot didn't really interest me. S
TheNonHumanAlien
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5
I wish I would have read this before I started HOO. Bc, I had no idea who Bob was so I just assumed I forgot about him but now I know. :)
I live for Rick books and this is making me want to revisit Percy Jackson and The Heros Of Olympus.
Attack Salmon
May 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended for age 4 - 10 because it has crossword puzzle in it
Ashley
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ttv
Rating: 3.1 (avg of all ratings)

Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot - 2.5 stars: In this short story, we have Clarisse doing a test for her father, Ares. However, her brothers Deimos and Phobos are determined to have her fail, since they don't want a female driving Ares's Chariot. Percy helps her to succeed in her mission and ensure that Clarisse doesn't anger Ares. It was an okay story, with not too much that interested me, but it wasn't bad. I never found Clarisse to be that great of a charac
bookreaderinluv
(3.5) Nice, cute, i'm happy that the last novella wasn't the regular children like story and there was some seriousness. Interesting, if you're a big fan of the series, this book is a nice way to reconcile with the old characters.
Cinthia
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alexa
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love how it's a sort of in between the first book and the last book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. It provides a fresh perspective into that world, and portrays different interactive elements such as maps and interviews!
Burning Phoenix63
Feb 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ser Winterborn
Sep 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Now I'm a huge fantasy buff and I understand the Percy Jackson books are intended for children below 12, but still, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The dialogue is terribly bad, I hate seeing the greek gods with which I grew up talking like some american teenagers. Yeah I know, this is modern, it's fast-paced, it's supposed to be an easy read for children, get them into books, but not like this. There tons of other better examples (see Harry Potter or The Chronicles of Narnia).

This book has
Shirin
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, Rick Riordan delivers. I'm going through his books slowly this year, and it was really nice to see these stories again. The book contains three stories: Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot, Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon, and Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades. The book should be read between the fourth and fifth book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian, respectively).

---

The book is fun and light. Well, the stories no
Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
This definitely should be read between Battle of the Labyrinth and Last Olimpyan. It’s not mandatory, but I think it gives more context to some things that happen in the last book of the series.

I enjoyed this, it's an easy read and it has the same elements as the other books (humor, action and plenty of greek mythology). I just wish I had read it before book 5 because it is connected to the main series. It’s not a indispensable read, but I feel like it does help painting a bigger picture.
Bogdan Teodorescu
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-fiction
Finally! Another book with Percy Jackson and Co. Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot, Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon, and Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades were just amazing! Great! :)))

Starting The Lost Hero soon... :))
Lori
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simply an adorable companion to the Percy Jackson series. This novella contains three short stories, some character interviews, and puzzles. Though not at all necessary to the main story, the short stories were a lot of fun and certainly added to the experience.
Nick
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lame, yes. Sort of.
The dragon part didn't play out well. Not according to the expectations, anyway.

But Capture the flag part was good!

One of my guilty pleasures, undoubtedly. If you can believe it.
Open World Learni...: The Demigod Files 1 8 Apr 26, 2015 04:35PM
The Nooks of Books: The Demigod Files 4 14 Apr 23, 2015 03:21PM

• The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Percy Jackson
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • The Lost Book of the White (The Eldest Curses, #2)
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)