Start by marking “Colony One (The Elderon Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Colony One (The Elderon Chronicles #1)

Colony One

(The Elderon Chronicles #1)

From the author of The Fringe comes a riveting new adventure in space.

Maggie Barnes is at the end of her rope. She’s young and broke living in New York, and her newspaper job has been taken by robots. When she’s offered a job aboard the first civilian space colony, Maggie thinks it’s her lucky break.

For Jonah Wyatt, the Space Force is his last shot at a military career
Published April 22nd 2018 by Blue Sky Studio, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Colony One, please sign up.

Start your review of Colony One (The Elderon Chronicles #1)
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
10* Fave...

Damn that was good- so good I read it straight through without even pausing to surf the internet or GR! That's an amazing feat for me, if that tells you anything.

The story follows a journalist and a military soldier as they accept 5 year positions on the first colonized space station-Elderon. Their paths intercept after realizing that there is more to Elderon then meets the eye and they find themselves embroiled together in a major conspiracy.

If you like soft space operas then you do
Anissa
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of stories set on space stations
I was in the mood for a space station story so I decided to give this a read. It's been in my TBR pile for a while and one of my resolutions this year is to whittle away at that more than I have in the past.

This was a good story and I already want to go on to the next book (thanks Kindle Unlimited!). The story is told from two POVs, Maggie a journalist who has just been replaced at her newspaper by AI and Jonah, a former soldier whose life is in a bad rut. Both are given the opportunity to work
Henri Moreaux
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've never read any other books by Tarah Benner but saw this one and it piqued my interest - having now finished it I must say I will certainly be looking at some of her others as this was fantastic.

Maggie is a disgruntled journalist stuck writing fluff pieces and finally cracks and blasts her employer via her column after her serious story is bumped and she's informed AI will be taking other from some journalists at the paper. As a result she comes to the attention of one of the men behind a co
Cindy Woods
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding/Makes you think!!!

After reading this very well researched futuristic book, I'm still up at 3am thinking about the ramifications of a future robotics society. It's scary. It's here! The future is here!
No, I don't own a Google car, but I do use the ez pay kiosk at Red Robin to order dessert and pay my tab; I don't use ECHO or its counterparts, but I recently had robotic surgery and my pharmacy fills my prescriptions robotically. These are now standard advancements in our technology ma
RH Reader
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I was a huge fan of The Fringe because I like how Benner handles romance, so I was looking forward to that. I'll admit - I absolutely hate Other Women drama, so I wasn't a fan of the girl in the first chapter. But that was way before anything really started, so I could get over it.

We all know Benner is a huge fan of active supporting characters, but I was just so happy we only saw the hero and heroine's POVs. So happy!

I'm an idiot, though. Spoiler (seriously, don't read this if you d
Lindsay
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tarah Benner is my favorite author. I have enjoyed reading every book.
I read Colony One in a day knowing I didn’t want to read it yet because I would only want to read the next book in the series. So now I will impatiently wait for what comes next. There is no indication of another book, but I have hope there will be a part 2.
This book continues her fast paced writing style that draws the reader in and makes them experience the world along with the lovable characters. My favorite aspect of her
Thais
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for sci-fi and the blurb of this book picked my interesting.

I must say I thought about DNFing about half way through. The pace is painfully slow. Ao much so that the blurb basically tell you the whole story, it took about 40% until something other than what's in the blurb, to happened. And even so, it's not very important to the story, although it was fun.

But I'm happy I continue because the story pickup the pace after 60% and became very interesting, as well as the characters. I'm
Jan M
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good, heart pounding aventure

I had a good time and couldn't put this down. I enjoyed following along with Maggie up to a space station. Being a reporter let me believe someone poking her nose into a lot of other people's business was logical. Then things get bad and I am running along with the story. I liked the futuristic touches that rang true.When I read the epilogue I saw how well the author took what is available now and made leaps that are really not that exaggerated, goodness! I highly re
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
7/10: Good solid read, something to get your teeth into.

Right on, Space Flight Barbie. Time to grab some interviews.

I did enjoy this one, but not quite enough to make me read on in the series.

I’m not sure what I did to deserve a free flight to space with a cannabis-infused tonic and an underwear model, but I’m not going to question my karma.

But Maggie Barnes was funny.
Terena
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Tara’s books 📚. I love each and every one of them and this one is no exception. She builds an environment and characters that are 3 dimensional, you can visualize the rooms they are in. See the curls spring from Maggie’s bun and see the bots working.

There is military, technology, journalism, robotics and space - and they are awesome together! I recommend this book.
Suki Rickey
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Book 1

Book 1 was an interesting read and had a few errors. It was interesting reading from different perspectives, but was a little slow on the plot development. Also. The main Character girl was a little whiny. Overall the plot and characters are interesting and I look forward to book 2.
Amy Schleppenbach
Feb 03, 2021 rated it liked it
A chic flick in space sci-if novel about a rich coporation building a space station and staffing it with the elite against an earth based threat.
The usual mix of spies, military, corporate greed, rich kids playing at being poor, rouge robots, conspiracies, haunted-by-the-past soldiers, cheeky reporters, and more.
Ryan
Mar 15, 2021 marked it as abandoned
Page 1 has us in frigidly cold Siberia. We're introduced to four characters (Jonah, Rogers, Jefferson, and Lovingood). We're told Jefferson has brown fingers and will steal the skittles from your MREs if you aren't careful.

I don't think I've ever seen so many red flags on a first page before.

Abandoned.
Anita Johnson
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner...

Another winner from Tarah Benner!! Her Fringe series is my all time favorite. She writes tough, vulnerable and likeable heroines which is so refreshing. Her male leads are great, tough but honorable. I can't wait for the next book!!
Bob
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story, weak ending

First, let me say i have enjoyed every book i have reaf by Tarah Benner. I wont stop reading cause this book had a weak ending. Still love her style.

The ending just seemed to come out of nowhere, it left we wondering if a few pages were missing.
Amy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!!!!!!

Tarah Benner is, by far, one of my favorite authors. This story is full of twists and intrigue.....never a dull moment. I read the book in a day. I couldn’t put it down. I cannot wait to read the next installment!!!!!
Karami
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This book completely sucked me in and I can’t wait to read the next one! I normally have at least one negative thought(usually editing) but this was perfect. Read it and become enmeshed in their lives like I am.
Emma
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars.

I loved the author’s Fringe series and tried to get into this one a couple of times. But I always found it so slow at the beginning. I’m glad I finally pushed through, though. It’s an excellent book.
Rylee
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so good! It was so hard to put down once I started, it keeps you interested and wrapped in the story from start to finish. I only wish I had ordered the second book sooner so I didn't have to wait to read more. ...more
Diane
Feb 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Cliches abound.

Poorly written, every cliche in the book of how not to write a gripping story abound. Only finished reading so as not to completely waste my money. Not an original paragraph throughout, pulp fiction at it's lowest, cheesiest form.
David Griffin
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Honest To God Page-Turner

Wow! I had a hard time putting this book down. This is awesome sci-fi reading. A cozy mystery wrapped up in science fiction. What more could you ask for? It's so good I will be reading the next book in this series. And looking at her other works.
Ed
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
quite enjoyed this book... looking forward to the next book. write quicker please😆
Amber
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

What a twist ending it started out very slow and does up toward the end with a big cliff hanger but I'm rd all worth it
Megan
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good!

This book was great! Really liked Maggie and she was even pretty funny at times. Can't wait for the next one.
Jennifer Creador
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good

Loved it. Definitely buying the next book in the series. Tarah has a way of grabbing me from chapter one.
Gail Simmons
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can’t wait to start book two lots of intriqué
Mike
Aug 19, 2020 added it
Awesome from beginning to end. The end is a perfect hook into book 2.
Brittany McGee
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tarah always rocks!
Dave T
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great series starter

I know this genre is new for this author but she is off to a great start with this one.
Leroy Clary
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the entire book

Well written. After this review I will buy book two in the series. Glad I found this writer and series.

• Ghost Legion (Legionnaire #1)
  • Fire Ant (The Navy of Humanity: Wasp Squadron Book 1)
  • Rising: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #1)
  • Against Time (Seeders Universe)
  • Reckoning: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #4)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • Project Destiny (Biotech Wars, #1)
  • Breaking: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #2)
  • Shadow Moves: A Military Space Opera Tale
  • The Culling (The Culling #1)
  • Grant Us Mercy: Installment One: Post-Apocalyptic Survival Fiction
  • Into The Fire (The Ending #2)
  • Ruins of the Earth (Ruins of the Earth #1)
  • Stowaway (Redleg in Space #1)
  • Cydonia Rising (Andlios #1)
  • Pink: Omnibus Edition
  • Before The Dawn (The Ending Series, #4)
  • Colony One Mars (Colony Mars #1)
Tarah Benner is the author of The Fringe, the Elderon Chronicles, the Lawless Saga, and other dystopian novels for adults. Her specialties include badass heroines, tormented heroes, and totally binge-worthy end-of-world stories. Contrary to popular belief, Tarah does not transmit her books from a secret underground bunker. She lives and writes in Colorado Springs with her two dogs, a cat, and her ...more

The Elderon Chronicles (5 books)
  • Colony War (The Elderon Chronicles #2)
  • Colony Assassin (The Elderon Chronicles #3)
  • Colony World (The Elderon Chronicles #4)
  • Colony's End (The Elderon Chronicles #5)

News & Interviews

You can’t stop watching. You have things to do, children to feed, even work you get paid for. But the screen…it’s holding you hostage....