Start by marking “Netherfield: Rogue Dragon: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 3)” as Want to Read:

Netherfield: Rogue Dragon: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

(Jane Austen's Dragons #3)

Elizabeth Bennet thought she was prepared to do anything to make the Dragon Conclave accept her beloved young dragon Pemberley into the Blue Order, but she had not anticipated it would leave her banished from her ancestral home and betrothed to none other than Mr. Darcy. But before Elizabeth and Darcy wed, they must find a dangerous rogue dragon before it provokes a war ...more
Published May 3rd 2018 by White Soup Press

To ask other readers questions about Netherfield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Netherfield

Start your review of Netherfield: Rogue Dragon: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 3)
Debbie
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just...
WOW!

The last time I felt this way was after finishing the seventh book in the Harry Potter series. Ms. Grace's trilogy has that same ability to transport the reader into a fantasy world and make it feel very, very real.

If you're looking for a lot of romance, it's likely you'll be disappointed. Don't worry-- Darcy and Elizabeth are still front and center. They're now betrothed to each other, but Darcy hasn't been able to express his feelings to her, despite Walker's insistence that
Amy
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jane-austen
Hurray! A very strong conclusion to an excellent series! (Trilogy? Does the prequel count? Quartet?)

I have mulled a lot over how to review this one and I just don't know how to approach it. A lot happens and my feelings towards the book changed depending where it was at. Mostly, though, I was continually impressed by the author's world building and characters. Though the story covers quite a bit of ground wrapping up adventures and even adding a few more, it never feels rushed or confused.
Sheila Majczan
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent...Totally unique in the world of JAFF variations.

I have read the first two books in this series and have followed along as WIP chapters were posted by the author. I have to admit that I felt a need to go back and reread as there are a numbers of dragon characters who each have their own behaviors and place both due to the type of dragon they are and their relationship to the human world.

As Debbie B. said although we begin this story with the Blue Order's mandates in place as to who
Carole (in Canada)
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Austenesque Readers, Fantasy
Shelves: favorites, variations

"If the country fell into dragon war, everyone had so very much to lose...It all fell to her to find a way to resolve the matter without bloodshed - warm or cold." (quote from the book)

Prepare yourself for the thrilling conclusion of this amazing trilogy...read the first two books in the series first. Brush up on your dragon lore for there be dragons lurking within. Danger is ever close at hand as you follow Elizabeth in finding the rogue dragon and new ones keep popping up or being born. Darcy
J. W. Garrett
“No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons…

Book 1: Pemberley: Mr. Darcy’s Dragon: 5-stars
Book 2: Longbourn: Dragon Entail: 5-stars
Book 3: Netherfield: Rogue Dragon: 5-stars

“Dragons and legends… It would have been difficult for any man not to want to fight beside a dragon.” –Patricia Briggs, Dragon Blood

Wow!! OMG!! Did I say wow yet? WOW! This was the conclusion to the trilogy and I am sad to see it end and yet… it had to end. I loved the way Maria Grace concluded this story. OMG!
Tamara Thompson
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW!

What a rush! It was a great series with fascinating characters, well written. I'll be reading these three books again.
Susanne
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to be allowed to proofread this and the second Jane Austen's Dragons book by Maria Grace, and I have to say that I ADORE this series. Out of the 600+ Austen variation novels I've read over the past five years or so, this series is my absolute #1 favorite of all time!!!!!!

Seriously.

No exceptions.

It's a brilliant world Maria Grace has dreamed up and researched meticulously. Each type of dragon in this series of three books thus far (and a fourth coming out soon--a prequel
Talia
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun series. I hope we get a second set of three books in this P & P & D world. Loved it! Plus, Talia!
Barbara K.
This is the third and last book of this P&P variation series, the background and setting of which I described to some degree in my review of the first book, here.

This book concludes the mystery of whether there is indeed a rogue dragon - impressed on humans as a hatchling but now without a human Keeper - hiding somewhere in the Netherfield estate, and what that dragon may have had to do with all the prior events in the series.

At the beginning of this book, many questions remain to be
Lelia Taylor
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-reviews
We’ve come to the end of the saga entangling dragons with the original Pride and Prejudice (except for the prequel, A Proper Introduction to Dragons) and all comes to a head, potentially a more concrete meeting of the minds between humans and dragons. First, though, there are many threads to follow, not least of which is the mystery surrounding a rogue dragon. This particular dragon is unknown to both societies and, thus, not governed by the all-important treaty that supports their co-existence. ...more
Dallass
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
A wild Regency ride

So... I skipped book 2 (hey, no judging ), and went straight for the action in the final book. Thankfully there’s nothing that happens in this book that needs you to have read the second book. However, it has morphed into it’s own thing that I forgot about P&P for a moment and just had fun with this Darcy and Lizzy.

The dragons were adorable, even the cranky old major dragons, and the fairy dragons are brilliant . Mr Bennet is a far cry from the origins of his character,
Joan
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avid Reader

As one reviewer stated, the ending was quite a surprise! Complaints about the lack of affection between Darcy and Elizabeth were unfounded. Both simply spent more time with dragons than people. Eventually, they expressed feelings after a harrowing rogue-dragon experience. Collins and Colonel Fitzwilliam changed after experiencing a hatching. Georgina overcomes her fear of dragons, and Pemberly gets her two keepers. Lydia, Wickham, Mr. Bennet, and Laird Longbourn learn valuable lessons
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dragons, austenism
I love P&P fanfic, especially the crazy and creative type that goes off on its own wild tangent. Darcy, Elizabeth, and a cavalcade of dragons. What’s not to like?

This third installment continues the series delightfully.
Rose
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
While the first book in the series made me want to weep with joy, the second book felt like the author was "twisting the arm" of the story or "twisting the arm of the text" in order to have Pride and Prejudice" references, quotes and characters set into it.
The third book was a lot of fun to read, but the gap between it and the original Jane Austin work grew tremendously.
If I was to rate it by the joy of reading it as is, in itself, it was lots of fun.
But if I rate it while thinking about the
Mere
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becky Hemphill
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Completely wonderful

The series ends strong with this third book. All loose ends tied up nicely, great ending, adventure, closure and character growth. A perfect book to end this wonderful series.
Misty
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've spoken a number of times, at this point, about the Jane Austen's Dragonsseries, and how — as kooky as it sounds — dragons and the structured, precise codes of conduct and ways of life of the Regency period are kind of a perfect pairing. As a concept, I thought it sounded fun, but I didn't realize just how brilliant it really was until I started reading Pemberley: Mr Darcy's Dragon. All the little quirks, all the little weird bits of Regency life find a ready explanation in dragonkind, and I ...more
Nicole Dunton
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything is coming to a dramatic head. Elizabeth has fled Longbourn. All is well again with Pemberly. She and Darcy have sorted everything out as well. Just when it seems there couldn't be anything else that could happen, it turns out that there's a rogue dragon in Netherfield. Elizabeth and Darcy are tasked to investigate. They must do so without the assistance of Longbourn as he's forbidden them from entering his territory.

I spent a lot of time doing nothing but listening to this book. I
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Maria Grace. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

I said this in the other review and I’m going to say it again: I really appreciate that Grace ended up extending this story into a trilogy rather than keeping it all condensed into one book. I feel like that was a huge advantage to her, and really allowed us to not only get the
lori huff
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very engaging

Maria Grace has created a very enjoyable world with engaging characters, both human and dragon, that you come to care about enough to wish to learn their outcomes. There is just enough romance thrown in to keep the Darcy and Lizzy theme going, but most of all this is a dragon story. The humans characters are given a back seat to all the Dragon intrigues, and there are a great many intrigues. It's hard to believe the humans have time for anything other than keeping their Dragon
Chelsea
This has been such a fun series and I loved seeing how the author incorporated dragons into the world of Pride and Prejudice as well as all the different types of dragons and their personalities. It was also really fun getting to know all the characters and seeing how Elizabeth and Darcy bonded throughout the series. The epilogue at the end of this book was also really cute and I look forward to reading what else this author writes about this world as well as some of their other Pride and ...more
V Shore
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awww!! A cute finish to the Jane Austen's Dragon series

What an adorable finish to the series! Dragons of Pern meets Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is a fine explanation of the series. Book 3 takes the Pride and Prejudice story in a completely new direction. Many twists to the plot leave you guessing up to the end of this series. Well conceived and uses the Austen characters in believable ways. Just a really fun read.
Teresita
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful finish for an original and interesting series

This story was not just original but totally gripping, I was caught from the start. In this book the author us turning the pages fast in an attempt to get to know what happens next. We meet new dragons and learn a lot about how precarious the relationship between humans and dragons can get.
You really need to read book series!
Ann
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in this series takes the reader to Netherfield where the search for a rogue dragon is initiated. Many surprises along with the Jane Austin meets Anne McCAffery storytelling make this a very delightful book. Do not read (although you can) just one book. Read all three for the complete story.
Ann
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Elle
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was happily able to finish this final installment of the series curled up in the sun feeling much like our dear tatzelwurm friend after a saucer of cream and am happy to say the book left me feeling quite the same way. If ever Mrs. Grace feels the need to revisit the friends she has given us I will most certainly be among the first to return.
Elise Edmonds
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: general-fantasy
So I may have just devoured this series in three days.... the perfect binge read for my week off. If you love Pride & Prejudice and dragons I wholeheartedly recommend these engrossing books. A new and original look at old friends.
Linda
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my favourite of the series and I think it was because there was very little to no dialogue from Jane Austen's novel. This book departed more from the Pride and Prejudice story line than the others and I enjoyed it very much.
Izzy
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Converted a non-fantasy reader !

Absolutely loved this trilogy. I can only hope the author chooses to make it a longer series! Regency era, dragons and a mystery what more could you want
Tara
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. It is an original take on the Pride and Prejudice characters and their stories. I love the characters of the dragons added in too. It adds a lot to the story. I’m a little sad that this is the end.

• Speechless
  • A Matter of Honor: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • A Certain Something: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Nefarious: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The 26th of November: A Pride and Prejudice Comedy of Farcical Proportions
Though Maria Grace has been writing fiction since she was ten years old, those early efforts happily reside in a file drawer and are unlikely to see the light of day again, for which many are grateful. After penning five file-drawer novels in high school, she took a break from writing to pursue college and earn her doctorate in Educational Psychology. After 16 years of university teaching, she ...more

Jane Austen's Dragons (3 books)
  • Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon (Jane Austen's Dragons, #1)
  • Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 2)