Start by marking “Fixing Her” as Want to Read:
Fixing Her

Fixing Her

(Fixing Series #1)

When we were younger, Temperance Price was the quiet girl with dreamy eyes who hung on my every word. She was always beautiful, but I had plans to get out of Red Oak and make a life of my own.

Ten years later, a crushing tragedy has brought me home again—right back to her.

The innocent girl I left is gone, and in her place is a sassy single mom I can’t get out of my head.
Published June 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fixing Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fixing Her

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fixing Her is the debut novel by Miranda Elaine. I know Miranda as one half of the hilarious writing duo, Liberty Laine!

When Asher Kade was in high school, he was “that guy” that all the girls noticed, especially Temperance Price, who was a couple of years younger than he was. He knew she had a huge crush on him and to be honest, he had one on her as well. But Asher had big plans for his life. He wanted to get out of the small town he grew up in, Red Oak, get a college degree in architecture an
Tianna✸loves books✸
This is a second chance romance.
And this is those book where the h needs a kick from her friend to get her love life roaring. Ugh..
H was h’s crush in high school. He also liked her. But didn’t act on it because he didn’t want to break her heart as his plans were to go out of town. After some 10 years he is back and now he owns his father’s construction company. The h is now a single mom. She is still shy around the H.

What I hated was the way the h’s friend try to bring them together. At first
Gi's Spot Reviews
4 ‘Made to be mine’ Stars

What a DEBUT for Miranda Elaine!!! Fixing Her is an amazingly beautiful and emotional love story!

Temperance and Asher were captivated for one another in high school. He was well aware of her crush, and was just and intrigued by her, but different life goals – and a very driven man, lol – took him out of their small town for ten years. Now back after being distant for so long, when he first gets a glimpse of Temperance he’s under her shy and sweet spell. But Temperance is
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Temperance had a huge crush on Kade Asher all through high school. He was a few years ahead of her but she enjoyed admiring him from afar, knowing that she would never have a chance with a guy like him.

In high school, Kade was focused on graduating and getting the heck out of town. His father owned a construction company and there was no way he was going to work for him and be tied down to his home town for life. He wanted to see the world and experience everything he could.

When a family tragedy
Kate's Corner
Jun 16, 2018 marked it as 08-lost-interest
Clare Harrison
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fixing her is Miranda Elaines debut, and wow has she set the bar high for future books or what!

I was Captivated and enthralled by the end of chapter four. Temperance affectionately known as Tempie is just adorable and so realistic in her lifestyle.

A Whirlwind of chaos and stains had me chuckling along and nodding "yup yup I've had days like that" and that is what I loved about this book I was able to connect and sympathise with each and every situation that cropped up in her average morning.

E
Kahea

***4 ‘I’ll Never Regret Kissing You’ Stars***

I do love a good single parent romance and toss in the whole high school crush thing into the mix and I’m pretty much sold and Fixing Her was all kinds of sweet, sassy, funny and smexy with a nice little twist added in to give the story that punch of drama to keep you on your toes.

Temperance, I loved. She is a single mom doing all she can to give her daughter a good life and she handles the ups and downs that come with it as best as she can. She’s swe
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Miranda!!!!! Fixing Her made me feel sooo gooey inside...like warm chocolate chip cookies!!!

Gurlll I laughed, cried and swooned all things about Asher and Temperance!!! These two were such a hoot and Temperance's daughter just about stole the show!! OMG this little girl was such a doll and a funny little shit!!! haha

Asher and Temperance went to school together. Asher was a bit older but boy did Temperance have the HOTS for him!! After graduation, he moved away, she stayed in town.

Ten years late
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
This book. Oh my god. SO FREAKING GOOD! I can’t word anymore, my brain is still full of all the warm fuzzy feelings I have from reading this. Fixing Her is sweetness on top of feels on top of cuteness and I swear I might just explode from how happy reading this made me. Between the heart warming romance with Asher and Temperance and Temperance’s adorably sassy daughter there wasn’t a moment where I didn’t love everything about this book.
Temperance is my new favorite character. Real and relatabl
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 "Muffin" Stars!

If you were to tell me that this was Miranda's debut novel, I would say you were the biggest liar. It seemed as though she'd been writing forever. Honestly, this book was well written and such an easy read. It flowed effortlessly with likable characters I couldn't get enough of. Definitely will be reading more by this author.

Temperance was always the shy girl in high school. She also crushed so hard on Asher Kade. Though she
Bibliophile  Chloe
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can't believe this is the debut novel by Miranda!  This was such a well written, lovely story.

This is the story of Temperance and Asher.  And it started for them in high school.

I could really relate to Temperance when she was in high school. The shy, quiet type, loving the popular boy from afar.  I was impressed by the fact that Asher, when in high school, chose what he did.  It showed maturity.

Forward ten years later and the two of them are back in each other's worlds again.  But with the ye
Jamie
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet single parent romance . Temperance was a likeable character , she was insecure with herself at times. I was happy to see Asher didn't give up on winning her heart. Ellie was adorable , you never knew what that tiny chatterbox would tell you. Sam and Leigh were great secondary characters.
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

Fixing Her is Miranda Elaine’s solo debut novel, and I am in love with this author’s sweet, sultry storytelling style! I always give a new indie author a lot of leeway with their debut novels, but I didn’t need to do that here. Miranda’s writing is crisp and engaging, brimming with endearing characters and a slow burn romance that was so addictive, I had a hard time putting my Kindle down.

Fixing Her was a well-paced, deliciously slow burning romance. The plot packed a serious one-two
Flo Grugel
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh I really enjoyed this, quite a slow burn with lots of 'will they, won't they' feels. I loved the ending . 4.5 stars
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

Fixing Her is Miranda's first book ever and it honestly didn't show. She wrote fluently and her words were so so good. She came up with two characters who were meant to be and there was no doubt there.

Temperance was a strong single mom who would do anything for her sassy little girl. But she's also very shy and self-conscious. When the guy she always had a crush on comes back to town, she reverts back to the young girl who was crushing and lusting after Asher Kade; the girl w
Liz
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Miranda Elaine's debut novel, Fixing Her. A second chance romance of sorts with lots of heart and an emotional and sexy journey.

Happy reading!
Meredith
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fixing Her is an amazing debut novel by Miranda Elaine. It was a very well written, lovely read full of heart, humor and heat. It drew me in from the very beginning and had me devouring each and every word, page after page.

Temperance, a single mom to a very cute and witty three year old girl, is working three jobs just to make ends meet. Never was she expecting to run into her high school crush again, but ten years later that is exactly what happened and she was not prepared. Now she must find a
Excessive~Reader
I’m giving Fixing Her 3.75 stars, not bad at all for this authors debut novel. Well edited, sweet story, of a single young mom (Temperance) just trying to survive her day to day life. I laughed a few times at her devilish little girl, actually every page with her daughter warmed my heart, especially when she was with Muffin AKA Asher. Lol
My issue with this story is it seemed to drag a lot. There was a bunch of times I felt the information given was repeated or their inner monologue was over don
Heather Carver
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this debut novel by Miranda Elaine. I can’t wait to read more books from her. They can only get better and better.

Temperance is a single mom struggling to give her daughter everything she needs and still find time to spend with her daughter. Her daughter Ellie is a spitfire. She keeps Temperance on her toes. I love he bond between them!!!

Kade Asher is the guy that Temperance crushed on in high school. But 10 years later he’s even better looking and knows how to melt the pantie
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Fixing Her by Miranda Elaine is a sweet, hilarious, and swoonworthy friends to lovers romance that I loved every single word of. From the very start of this book I was completely swept up into the magic, feels, fun, and unforgettable moments these characters were sharing. Temperance and Asher, and all of the other incredible characters of this book, made me smile, made me laugh, made my heart go pitter patter through every page, and I truly can’t say enough how much I enjoyed that.

This is Miran
Barbara
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a debut novel from author Miranda Elaine.

Temperance is a single Mom to a 3 year Ellie. She is still living in the same town she grew up in working 3 jobs to make a good life for her and Ellie.

Asher Kade is back in town after being gone for 10 years. Between a tragedy in his family and his father retiring he is home for good to take over his families business Kade Construction.

Temperance was the quiet girl from high school she crushed on the quarterback who happened to be Asher. He was a
Tricia Davis
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read and reviewed an ARC copy for an honest review on behalf of Everything Marie http://everythingmarie.com

Loved loved loved Fixing Her! Such a fun read! Absolutely adored all of the characters! The story line is phenomenal and the writing superb!

Temperance (Tempie) a single mom product of a one night stand is a hot mess most days. Hot mess in the sense of being a mom through and through- wrinkled clothes, stains, tardiness and not putting much into herself as her kid comes first. Made me giggl
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..I enjoyed story, could be considered an friends to lovers or second chance. We meet Tempie who is a single mom to the cutest little girl (Ellie) I loved how important Ellie was to the story and she got her due amount of time in it. Tempie has no one but her friend Leigh who helps her out as much as possible, but she works a lot to give her daughter the best and you have to commend her for it. Her long ago high school crush comes back into town after being gone f ...more
Up All Night With Books
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Allyson
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Miranda Elaine's debut novel Fixing Her is filled with emotion and nostalgia. A second chance story in a way, Temperance and Asher wait a long time to finally let their feelings be known.

Temperance was the shy, quiet girl in high school. One of many girls with a secret crush on Asher. A crush that doesn't go anywhere but years later is still there.

Asher has always wanted Temperance, but he had goals. Mainly to leave his hometow
Renee Entress
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, pain, and heartbreak.

This is Temperance and Asher’s story. Asher always knew he wants out of his home town. He knew Temperance but she was quiet and innocent. But after 10 long years he is back in town. Temperance needs help fixing up her house. She is a single mother and needs a handyman. But Asher is much more then a handyman. He wants her and is not afraid to show her just how much. She wants to be friends and he wants
Tanya from Get Your Book On
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible debut novel from author Miranda Elaine!

In high school, Temperance Price was always the quiet girl who crushed on the popular athlete from afar, but never had the guts to do anything about it.

Years later, she’s older and a single mother, but she’s still the shy girl from before. She’s not prepared to come face-to-face with the man of her dreams. The guy she thinks never knew she existed.

Asher Kade always noticed the beautifully shy girl who not so secretly ogled him in hi
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
Learning to balance all the changes...
After years of swooning over a guy since high school, Temperance Price, finally gets her chance years later in life when she just happens to be a struggling single mother, juggling three jobs to make ends meet and holding onto a secret that could destroy her future happiness with the man of her dreams. A beautiful story which will tug and pull on all your heart strings... a novel about life, how chaotic it can be but needing to make the most of it by grabbin
Tanja Kezmic
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
3,5*

The beginning had so much potential. I really enjoyed getting to know both of the characters and their history. The interactions between Temperance and Asher were hot and it was fun to see her getting tongue tied whenever he was around. But as we approached the plot of the book it started to slow down a little and it lost that WOW effect that it had on me. I get that she kept a big secret from Asher but some of the interaction were just plain cruel from his side when the truths are reveled.
Erin Lewis
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Fixing Her by Miranda Elaine

I believe that this is Miranda Elaine’s debut novel and she is off to a strong start.

Temperance Price is a single mum, trying to give her daughter Ellie whatever she needs. Kade Asher is a childhood friend who left town as soon as he possibly could.

When tragedy strikes he returns home, only to find the quiet friend he left behind has grown into a beautiful, feisty woman with a daughter who is equally as smart and sassy as her mother.

Now Kade has Temp
Macaela Conder
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free
First book from this author. I really enjoyed the writing style. It flowed very nicely. I wish I didn't know the twist when I started the book. But my own fault. And what a twist it was!
  • Jagged Love
  • Fire Inside
  • Relentless Liberation : Serano Brothers Novel, Book1
  • Broken But Breathing
  • Cut Too Deep
  • The Innocent (FBI Psychics, #4.5)
  • Found
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Level Up
  • Shield (Greenstone Security #2)
  • The Assassins Series (Assassins, #1-5)
  • Unexpected Protector (Isthmus Alliance, #2)
  • Ugly
  • Drawn Deeper (Lockhart Brothers, #3)
  • Desired: Loving An Alpha Male Series #2
  • AnguiSH (AnguiSH, #1)
  • American Bad Boy (Bad Boy, #1)
  • Evelyn Vine Be Mine
Miranda is a loving wife and barely surviving mother of three occasionally good kids. Her hobbies include lying to herself about the calories in donuts and banana pudding, as well as running out of excuses when procrastinating. She's been an avid reader since she was a young girl. Whether she's by the pool, curled up in bed, or hiding in the closet, as long as she has a book in her hands she’s hap ...more

Fixing Series (2 books)