Start by marking “Alfheim Seoul” as Want to Read:
Alfheim Seoul

Alfheim Seoul

(Magic Parcel Service #1)

Alecia was a spirited Korean-American girl living in Seattle, navigating high school, and learning to drive until a fearsome creature from Alfheim came along and ate her soul.

...well half of it anyway.

I steeled myself and raised the knife to strike.
"Wait," I said. "I don't even know your name. I kinda feel like I need to know your name before I ki

Published June 12th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Alfheim Seoul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alfheim Seoul

Start your review of Alfheim Seoul
Faith M ✨
I hurried around to the garage door because I really had to pee.

What an iconic line.

Obligatory Summary

Alecia is just a regular Korean-American girl living in Seattle -- at least, she was, until she started doing magic. Then she came across a strange creature in an alley and let him eat half her soul. Now she can see and hear Iverog, but no one else can. When an older relative called Grandpa Dan tells her that he's a wizard, he takes her under his wing. But when her ability to see magical obj
Nikitta
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's supposed to be a children's book, but don't let that fool you. It's a good read with both humour and action. Alecia is an Korean-american high school girl leading a normal life until she suddenly finds herself able to see fairies, until one of them eats half her soul and enters her soul plane, until she literally can't tell anyone about this and how do you go to the bathroom in privacy when you have a fairy in your soul plane? This is fun and I'd like to know what happens next. ...more
Dystopian Fan
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not as dark as I usually like, but this book was fun and interesting. As if being a teenager isn't messy enough, dealing with portals to other worlds, magic, & a salty, yet knowledgable companion in your head made this read a dysfuntional (If not Dystopian) blast. I appreciated the organic humor as well. ...more
Joel Sitte
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to have met the author of this book a couple weeks back which lead to me reading this book. A short and delightful read with some interesting word building and thought-provoking twists. I will certainly be reading the sequel when it arrives!

Chris! Thanks for writing this, it made for an entertaining evening!
Aoann
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for book two. Usually I don't read young adult but this was really good. A delightful new magic system.
The author does well to capture what it's like to be Korean-American.
Teresa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start!

Alecia just wants to get through high school. She knows nothing about magic, trolls, fairies, or goblins. When her grandfather is kidnapped, she learns more than she ever imagined! Great world building, plenty of action, a wonderful read!
Rachel Barnard
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alecia is 15 and doesn't want to get a job. Thankfully, she can always help out at her grandpa Dan's Asian imports store to make some extra cash.

Out with friends one day, Alecia smells a faerie ring. Then she chances upon an otherworldly creature who is in danger. Magic is suddenly a part of her world and Grandpa Dan hasn't been up front with her about what he knows about magic...

Alecia is a likeable character. She's up front about what she's thinking and what she's doing. Her faults, like jumpi
Daniella Featherstone
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
1 Star.
Let me just say that I got a copy of this for an honest review and when I review books, sometimes I can be harsh on what I think.
This book was a fast-paced read. It was refreshing to read about a Korean girl especially mixed with the Norse mythology. It was certainly different to anything I've read before and very original. I've never read about norse faes before and the idea of half her soul being eaten.
My reason for this rating not being any higher is that I just felt like there was so
Matt Gianni
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALFHEIM SEOUL, the debut novel by Chris Coleman, follows Korean-American teen Alecia as she discovers her ability to conjure magic by harnessing the mysterious leylines above the earth. And just in time too, if you were to ask Grandpa Dan! Coleman seamlessly transports readers from everyday Seattle into the magical realms of Alecia's new faerie mentor, Iverog, and back again. I would enthusiastically recommend ALFHEIM SEOUL to any who enjoy David Baldacci's Vega Jane Series, and am looking forwa ...more
Susana Duarte
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uau! I just love the universes created by Chris.
This time we are introduced to Alecia, a young girl (from Korean culture living in seatle) that discovers by accident that she has magical powers.
I don't want to give anything away because the story is really great and original (I'm sorry :) ). I loved all the characters and even though is not a long book, it does has a full story and gives a perfect introduction to the serie. I can't wait to see what will happen in the next adventure.
Carrie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is so not my usual read lol, I really enjoyed this, I can't wait for the next book. Alecia seems like a normal kid just trying to get through high school and get her license, when everything takes a sharp turn. review copy of this book was sent to me by the author. All of the above opinions are my own as I voluntarily choose to reveiw.                                  ...more
Carolyn Overcash
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Only a little smidgeon of magical talent? How can she do what she does?

Alecia (Eira) rescues Iverog, an Iepae from Alfheim, which is another realm. Both of them give up half of their souls to bond in her body and keep him alive.

Up until this point in her life, Alecia wasn’t aware that she possessed any magic. Her honorary Grandfather Dan can manipulate magic and promises to train her after he learns of her magical abilities.

Follow Alecia as she learns more about her bond with Iverog as he attem
Wordwizard
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
ALFHEIM SEOUL and RUSH DELIVERY (Books #1 and #2 of Magic Parcel Service) by Chris J Coleman claim to be "fast-paced fantasy adventure suitable for all ages" but the feel of the language matches the age of the protagonist, Alecia, age 14 then 15, so it is a little young in feel for adults. Otherwise, they are fun reads, a 4-star for kids, 3-star for adults, except that they are in need of proofreading. Children's books should be without errors, since they learn from the examples they see.

I recei
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alfheim Seoul by Chris Coleman is an amazing story to read by a brand new amazing author for me. I am so glad I read this story with the coming of age story it says a lot and I loved reading this story. I can not wait to read book number two in this series. I loved reading this story a lot.

Melissa (missy)
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The character development and world building was done very well.
It's easy to get wrapped up in the story and to care about what happens next.
Creative concept, and fast-moving story line.
So far I love the series.
Kenneth Ing
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

The story telling was smooth and to the point. No need for extraneous embellishment. Enjoyed it from beginning to an end that had me looking for the next chapter you our hetoine and her spititual hitchhike.
Tanya
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Would lol you give half hour would to save someone you love? That is her only choice besides who needs their soul. She would do anything to save her grandfather. Follow her as she tries to save him

Catherine
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New author discovery. I loved learning everything along with the protag. Quick sweep into the magic system. FUNNY! I loved this book a lot.
Elane Duncan
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
a totally new storyline!

This a super book with a New type of storyline I haven't read before. I really enjoyed reading it. Can't wait to read the next one!!
Rebecca
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A unique, action packed adventure.
Interesting concept, likable characters.

***I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.***
Elizabeth Lavender
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this read. The storyline was constantly moving, starting with an intriguing premise. I quickly found myself liking Alecia and surprisingly the one that eats half of her soul. They formed a strange pair in the book and made for a lot of humorous dialogue in the story. It worked astonishingly well though to the reader's delight. At the opening, Alecia seems to have the concerns of the typical teenager world. However, circumstances force Alecia to dig deep and that's when we see she is an ...more
OldBird
DNF because within a few pages of starting events are rushed like crazy. The protagonist, having just been talking to her friends about "what would you do if you met a fairy?", meets a... sort of fairy thing. She's actually pretty cool with it. So cool in fact that they then spend the chapter discussing exposition before it devours some of her soul. Sorry, it's a bit too zippy for me. Good for anyone after a quick off the block YA urban fantasy, but not one for me I guess. ...more
Georgia Tumbleweed McNabb
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun read

For a 15 yr old the main character gets into a whole lot of messes and somehow comes out the other side. I enjoy this author and will continue on with another book by him next!!
Mary T
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

Alecia goes with Grandpa Dan to Korea where she finds magic rings. Grandpa Dan gets kidnapped and it is Alecia to the rescue. A great story with a few chuckles here and there.
Reva Corrigan
Julia
Apr 27, 2019
James
Jun 12, 2018

• The Red Rider (The Red Rider Saga, #1)
  • What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: A Short Guide to Making Over Your Mornings--and Life
  • Journeys Out of the Body: The Classic Work on Out-Of-Body Experience
  • The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4)
  • High Magick: A Guide to the Spiritual Practices That Saved My Life on Death Row
  • Love Written In The Stars
  • Out-of-Body Experiences: How to Have Them and What to Expect
  • Fated to the Dragons
  • A Sheriff's Word of Honor: A Historical Western Adventure Book
  • Painful Truths (The Secrets He Kept Book 3)
  • Thick (Curvy Ambition #1)
  • Rival Attraction (Forbidden First Times #1)
  • Once Upon a Fairy Tale Night: A Collection of Retellings
  • The Rancher’s Tempting Nanny
  • Henry: Sabre Short
  • Meant for Me (The Carlyle Women #1)
  • Daring to Start Again

Magic Parcel Service (2 books)
  • Rush Delivery (Magic Parcel Service, #2)