Start by marking “Tone of Voice (Xandri Corelel Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Tone of Voice (Xandri Corelel Book 2)

Tone of Voice

(Xandri Corelel #2)

Xandri Corelel has spent six months living among the Ongkoarrat after her unceremonious firing from the crew of the Carpathia, and though she misses her home, she has settled into her new life. Then Diver arrives with news that changes everything.

The Hands and Voices--squid- and whale-like symbiotic aliens--are masters of bio-engineering and grow a wide variety of species
Published May 1st 2018 by Going To Mars

To ask other readers questions about Tone of Voice, please sign up.
Kaia For some reason I didn't get a notification about the question. Tone of Voice will release on May 1st, and is now available for preorder on Amazon.

lov2laf
If you're a sci-fi fan or interested in having a strong female lead that also has Autism then the Xandri Corelel series, books 0, 1, and 2 are unique reads that one should definitely pick up.

This is the second book in the series, though technically it's the third, and is definitely not a standalone. You can read books 0 or 1 in any order but don't get to this one until those are done.

Like the other books, Xandri is a stand out character and is in a unique position as a diplomat of sorts between
Claudie Arseneault
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's 2 am but I refuse to call my decision to finish this story a mistake. loved it. more thoughts to come. :)
Lucille
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This second book (though let’s not forget the prequel novella) is a worthy sequel of my favourite book of 2017.

I loved that Failure to Communicate was all about Xandri, but I also liked that the prequel novella Testing Pandora gave some chapters to other characters’ point of view, so it wasn’t that big a surprise to discover that Tone of Voice has a dual point of view between Xandri and Diver. Seeing first hand Diver’s thoughts about Xandri, his confidence and trust in her as well as his will to
Kaa
I am enjoying this series a lot! It's just the right combination of realistic and optimistic for me, with a lovely emphasis on found family. My favorite part is definitely the characters and their interactions, so I especially appreciated the first quarter of the book (others have found it slow, but it made me really happy). This book has even more development of secondary characters and relationships than the first, which I liked a lot (although the prequel novella is still the winner, in my bo ...more
Ceillie Simkiss
This was even better than FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.
Read my full review here!
Skye Kilaen
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-genre-scifi
If you read the first book in the series and you're trying to decide whether to keep going, DO IT! The second book starts slow but interesting, and then takes off. Loved it.
Asher
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Natasha
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I loved how it many slice of scenes so I could immerse myself in the setting. Diver section were a nice change of pace.
Stephanie
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autism-fiction
Absolutely wonderful book! Fantastic representation, autistic main character, non-binary character who uses neopronouns! And the world-building is absolutely fantastic! It’s a beautiful sequel to Failure to Communicate and I would highly recommend.
Katja
Jul 30, 2018
MoonRaccoon
Oct 15, 2018

Xandri Corelel (3 books)
  • Testing Pandora (Xandri Corelel, #0)
  • Failure to Communicate (Xandri Corelel #1)
“The sounds grew louder. A heavy crash somewhere off to the west was probably some kind of trap triggering. More screams. Sweet Mother Universe, I wanted to run. It was like being assaulted from all sides by knives.” 0 likes
“I didn’t know if it was something to do with the autism, or just a knack I had, but I noticed things. Odd things, things others often missed. This” 0 likes