Start by marking “Schaduw (De zeven zussen Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Schaduw (De zeven zussen Book 3)

Schaduw

(The Seven Sisters #3)

Star D'Aplièse staat op een keerpunt in haar leven. Na de dood van haar vader, heeft ook zij net als haar zussen, de opdracht gekregen op zoek te gaan naar haar afkomst. Er is alleen één ding dat haar tegenhoudt: haar zusje CeCe, waar ze alles mee deelt. Als ze uiteindelijk met lichte tegenzin naar Londen vertrekt, gaat een nieuwe wereld voor haar open.

Daar ontdekt Star he
Published April 12th 2018 by Xander Uitgevers B.V. (first published November 3rd 2016)

Anniebananie
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nach einem etwas schwächeren zweiten Band fand ich den dritten wieder genauso gelungen wie die Geschichte rund um Maia. Ich mochte Star als Protagonistin wirklich gerne, obwohl ich nicht einmal behaupten würde mich gut mit ihr identifizieren zu können. Dennoch hat Lucinda Riley sie so gut beschrieben, dass ich mich ihr immer sehr nahe gefühlt habe und mit ihr mitgefühlt habe. Auch den Part des Buches der bei Flora in der Vergangenheit spielt war mochte ich total gerne. Die Atmosphäre war absolut ...more
Claire Robinson
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "It was written in the stars..." Stars!

The third book in Lucinda Riley's Seven Sisters series brings the reader Star D’Aplièse’s story. The title sums her up pretty well actually, as so far in the previous books she has really been The Shadow Sister.

This is a series that as a reader I would class as one that requires commitment, none of the books so far have been what I would call quick read, and all require a certain level of investment in time and concentration. I love that the author take
Lori
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be fair in reviewing this novel, I must admit that I've had very little reading time the past couple of weeks. I enjoyed it, however, if I'd been able to read it more continuously I think I'd have enjoyed it more. The beginning & ending dragged a bit for me; however, I loved, loved, loved Flora and couldn't wait to get back to her story. Past story was 5 stars... present story 3. A great series that I highly recommend. 4 stars.
Pauline
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Shadow Sister by Lucinda Riley was an excellent historical novel, the third in a series of books about six young women who had all been adopted as babies and brought up as sisters.
The girls are devastated when their father dies and they all come home for the funeral. They are all given letters written by their father with clues to their natural parents.
This third book in the series is about Star, all her life she has been devoted to her sister CeCe kwho is a few months younger. Now at the a
Anne Goldschrift
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Für den Sommerurlaub ist es wirklich das perfekte Buch, wenn man am Strand einfach mal die Seele baumeln lassen will. Die Liebesgeschichte ist seicht, die gegenwärtige Story kurzweilig und die Geschichte aus dem edwardianischen England wirklich toll und berührend. Teilweise war es mir aber doch ein bisschen zuu kitschig und Realitätsfern und mit Star, die sich immer nur aufopfert, bin ich auch nicht warm geworden. Aber insgesamt war es wieder ein wunderschöner Teil der Reihe 😍🙌
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
The Shadow Sister is book three The Seven Sisters series. I had wanted to read this series from the beginning and I was a bit unsure how it would go starting with book three. But, despite some mentionings from the previous book did I find this book to work as a stand-alone. Although now I really want to read the previous two books!

I found the title of this book to be very fitting, both the main characters in the present time Star D'Aplièse and Flora MacNichol that lived in the beginning of the 2
Nina
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wieder einmal ein großartiges Buch von Frau Riley
Babydimps (Suzy)
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series! I must admit, the 1st book - The Seven Sisters - is still my favorite so far, but these books seriously pull you in and this book - the 3rd - is no exception. I loved Flora's story. What a lovely human. She was the best part of it all. The beginning dragged a little, but it didn't ruin the story at all. I agree with some of the other reviewers in that these books do require commitment and time. They are longer books with a lot of details. Well worth it. Can't wait for Ce ...more
Thebooktrail
Full review to come but this book is just so wonderful I had to share

Booktrail the locations here -link: Shadow Sister

For book lovers everywhere this centres around an old bookshop in London with rare books scattered all over, a story that leads back to Beatrix Potter and her home at Hill Top Farm, the love of animals she shares with Flora in Lucinda's book and a part in the story overall that is just magical!

Lucinda’s Seven sisters series just gets better and better. Star’s story is the most m
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I can't wait for Star's story in November, the silent sister! But I must confess I'm mostly waiting for Tiggy's story, she reminds me of myself. I hope her story is next after Star's. I'm excited that Beatrix Potter is mentioned.

[February 5, 2017] The day before yesterday, I bought this book and I'm over the moon! I've been waiting for some time! Last night I began reading the book, cracking the spine a bit. The relationship between Star and Ceecee is bewildering to me, I like my individuality a
Ivy
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leicht schwächer als die ersten beiden Bücher aber trotzdem fesselnd und wieder ein schönes Leseerlebnis.
Wieder eine tolle Reise. Wieder treffen verschiedene Schicksale auf verschiedenen Zeitebenen zusammen. Und die anschauliche Sprache lässt ein lebendiges Bild entstehen.

Stars Geschichte ist interessant und fesselnd, genau wie die von Flora. Beide versuchen ihren Platz in der Welt zu finden.

Star wirkt auf ersten Blick ziemlich blass, in Wahrheit ist sie aber ein starker Charakter, nur sehr r
Jess The Bookworm
Lucinda Riley continues her Seven Sisters series with this, the third installment. Star is the quiet sister, the one who always lived in CeCe's shadow, letting her talk for her and make all of her decisions. But now everything has changed. Pa Salt is dead and Star needs to become her own person and figure out who she is.

This book takes the reader to the Lake District in England during the early twentieth century, and introduces us to Beatrix Potter and Alice Keppel, one of the King's mistresses.
RoseMary Achey
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a terrific book to begin the Reading New Year. Let me set the scene...My family was gone for the day. I quickly cleaned the morning dishes, made my bed, brewed a cup of tea, found one of the multiple pairs of reading glasses that dot my house and snuggled with my Black Lab on the Daybed. Once I opened the The Shadow Sisters I became totally immersed in the story. Even though the book is 670+ pages, it literally flew by.

Lucinda Riley has created another fabulous story. This time she highlig
Aleksandra
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Priča o sestrama koje otkrivaju svoje porijeklo se u ovom romanu nastavila na najbolji mogući način. Puno tajni koje se polako otkrivaju do samog kraja i odlične završnice, zamršenih i jako povezanih odnosa između brojnih živopisnih likova, radnja iz prošlosti smještena na početak 20. stoljeća u divnoj jezerskoj oblasti Engleske, ali i London tada, kao i u sadašnjosti, a obje priče podjednako interesantne i dirljive, sve to protkano ljubavlju prema knjigama...meni dovoljno za odličan roman. Ovaj ...more
Holly
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, netgalley
I knew by page 20 that this was going to be my favorite so far of the Seven Sisters series. I wasn't wrong. There was something about this particular book that drew me in more than the first two. Perhaps because it was set in England and that's my particular favorite or maybe I saw something in myself in Star that made her my favorite sister (so far). Whatever "it" was, it worked. I was completely engrossed in this novel from the very beginning and never once did I want to put it down. I was onl ...more
Kathryn
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Third sister's story - Star. Enjoyed it very much. Narrator did a much better reading of this book. Mixture of historical and contemporary. Interesting to have some actual historical figures in the mix. I liked the English setting and loved Flora's story. So long though - the size of at the very least two books!
Sue
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There really wasn't a single character in this installment that was really likable, except maybe the little boy. Every one of them were whiny, self indulgent, childish, and just plain annoying. That included the characters from the past AND the present. And I don't hold out much hope for the next book either since Cee Cee is REALLY obnoxious.
Ashley Daviau
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion this is definitely the best book out of the series so far. We’ve barely heard about Star so far so it was a real treat to get an in depth look at what gets her ticking and to see her find herself. She’s definitely the character I connect with the most so far in this series, I see myself a lot in her and I think that’s part of why I enjoyed this book so much compared to the first two. I’m still waiting for more of the mythology of the Seven Sisters and still disappointed that there’ ...more
Elke Eelbode
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ook deel 3 moet zeker niet onderdoen voor zijn voorgangers.
Het past verhaal vond ik heel aangenaam om lezen; boeiend, de personages spreken aan en het leest erg vlot. De personages uit het heden, Star, Orlando en Mouse spraken me veel minder aan. Ik vond het maar een raar stel. gelukkig kwam het past verhaal meer aan bod dan het present deel. Vandaar de 4 sterren en geen 5.
MissCherry
3,5 estrellas. En La Hermana Sombra, Lucinda nos cuenta la historia de otra de las siete hermanas D'Apliése en este caso la de Star, la que a lo mejor hasta ahora a sido la hermana que menos atención atraía para el lector, o esa es al menos mi opinión. Esto ha hecho del libro una grata sorpresa para mi porque he acabado apreciandola mucho como personaje, cosa que no esperaba como ya digo.

Star D'Apliése es una persona reservada, que intenta pasar desapercibida y que mayormente prefiere prescindir
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75
Theresa Smith
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-series
Another triumph in the continuing story of The Seven Sisters. Star’s story was a truly lovely one, watching her unfold from her inhibitions and take flight into her own life. I was greatly surprised by how much I enjoyed this story, only because I had found Star to be somewhat wishy washy as a character when I had encountered her in the previous two novels.
I wasn’t overly fussed though at the relationship between her and her co-dependent sibling, CeCe. I have no doubt Lucinda Riley has big plan
Ingrid
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 sterren
Ik blijk deel drie gelezen te hebben in plaats van het eerste deel zoals ik dacht. Ik vond al dat er zoveel als vanzelfsprekend werd aangenomen waar ik nog niet van op de hoogte was.
Aardig boek, het is luchtig lezen, maar ook wel een beetje de romance kant op met aantrekken en afstoten. Aan het woordje 'maar' lees je al dat ik daar niet zo warm voor loop. Niettemin ga ik de andere boeken ook proberen, te beginnen met het eerste deel :).
Maricarmen Mar
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leído, leído-2017
La verdad es que me tiene encandilada esta saga. Estoy leyendo las novelas seguidas y no me canso para nada… y porque no tengo demasiado tiempo, que si no, no me durarían ni dos días jeje.

Esta tercera entrega es la historia de Star, la tercera de las Siete hermanas y la he disfrutado muchísimo también. No podría decir si me gusta más o menos que las anteriores, puesto que cada una tiene su toque y la historia que le corresponde está donde tiene que estar.

Las historias del pasado siguen fascinánd
Elizabeth
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
This book was so wonderful to read! I have enjoyed the series so far and this one is my current favorite. Although, to be honest, I think that all the books will end up as favorites.

This book is all about Star with her sisters making appearances throughout. I love the way that the author draws the other characters close for short appearances, then brings us back to the main character so effortlessly.

The author also draws us back and forth between past and present throughout the book and I foun
Judy
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still enjoying this series. This is the third book and is Star's story. Star has always lived her life in the shadow of her sister Cece, but receiving Pa Salt's clue to her heritage she takes a step toward independence as she begins her search. Can't wait for the next sister's story.
Frau G.
Dieses Buch um die dritte Schwester Star war für mich bisher leider das Schwächste. Star ist für mich nach den beiden anderen - Maia und Ally - wirklich farblos geblieben. Ich habe das Gefühl, nichts über sie erfahren zu haben, dass sie von anderen abhebt bzw. auszeichnet. Ich weiß auch nach 700 Seiten nicht, ob sie hübsch ist, außergewöhnliche Talente hat, and so on. Ihr Leben scheint nur aus verpassten Chancen zu bestehen, denen sie hinterherweint, weil sie keinen Mut hatte, sich durchzusetzen ...more
Jenks
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t like writing reviews with spoilers so i always feel whatever I type cannot sell a book enough.

So far ...this has been my favourite of the seven sisters series. I originally made a quick note of whose stories I’d thought I would like and cece and star I felt I’d really dislike cece and be indifferent to star. But actually I loved cece and he journey. And stars kept me turning pages .

Out of the series so far , the author has flashbacks in time to give context to the girls journeys, when
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
Me ha encantado sobre todo por la historia del pasado. He adorado a Flora y lo valiente que es.
La historia de Star que es el presente, me ha gustado sobre todo por ser diferente al de las otras hermanas ya que demuestra que porque te guste cuidar a la gente o cocinar no significa que valgas menos como mujer. Con ganas de la siguiente entrega
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I haven't read any book in this series before, but I am glad I took the chance to pick this book up! Even though I didn't read the previous books in this series, I didn't have a hard time following what was happening. This was such a magical read!

One of my favorite things about this book was the descriptive settings. The author's writing created such a lush and magical world. I loved how the author would be descriptive without creating info dumps. I felt like I was transported into the scenes, a
Mitlesezentrale: Die Schattenschwester ♻️ Buddy-Read 4 22 Apr 12, 2019 10:04AM

• The Silent Tide
  • The Swallow and the Hummingbird
  • Greyfriars House
  • One Cornish Summer
  • The Saffron Trail
  • A Killing Moon (Damen Brook, #5)
  • Song of the Skylark
  • Duet
  • The Darkest Hour
  • The Silent Touch of Shadows
  • Secrets of the Tower
  • Windflowers
AKA: Lucinda Edmonds
Lucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her books have been translated into over thirty five languages and sold fifteen million copies worldwide. She is a Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller.

Lucinda is currently writing The Seven Sisters series, which tells the stor

The Seven Sisters (6 books)
  • The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1)
  • The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)
  • The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters #4)
  • The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters, #5)
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)
“A room without books is like a body without a soul,” 6 likes
“I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard that my father had died...” 1 likes