Start by marking “The Half Mile of Baby Blue (Women of Stampede, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Half Mile of Baby Blue (Women of Stampede, #2)

The Half Mile of Baby Blue (Women of Stampede, #2)

No family can conceal its past forever. When hidden keepsakes inside a suitcase reveal a Stampede legacy, a new generation risks history repeating itself…

After Kit Wheeler learns her family’s ranch has been threatened with foreclosure, she puts her former project manager skills to work to initiate a plan. Secrets are revealed, altering her objective and inspiring a wagon r
Published May 15th 2018 by Shelley Kassian

To ask other readers questions about The Half Mile of Baby Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Half Mile of Baby Blue

Start your review of The Half Mile of Baby Blue (Women of Stampede, #2)
Susan Kennedy
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Women of Stampede Series. They are stand alone books even though they are part of a series.

I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the characters and the story. It took a bit to get going for me, but by about 30% it was smooth going and really enjoyable. This one focuses on the family trying to save their ranch with a bit of romance thrown in as well. It was a great story with family history and a resilient family. The romance was a good one. It was a straight forwar
Samantha
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed both the first book that I read from Kassian, as well as the first book that I read in the Women of Stampede series. I was very excited for those two things to come together as I read and reviewed The Half Mile of Baby Blue.
The beginning had plenty of stress, tension, and drama. It hooked me and made me want to learn their plan to move forward.
As mysteries of the past were unraveled and secrets revealed, it truly showed that there was more than meets the eye happening for the W
Jane
I want to thank Shelley Kassian, author and Goodreads First Reads Giveaway for the eBook Kindle copy of The Half Mile of Baby Blue that I won in the Giveaway.

The Wheeler family is a ranching family with a long buried history in Alberta Providence, Canada. The ranch is in danger of being repossessed when Kit finds 'Baby Blue' a chuck wagon buried in the last stall of the old barn. Joe Wheeler raced it in the Stampede Circuit until he was killed racing just before her father was born.

This traditio
Rita
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

What a wonderfully exciting race, family dynamics, very romantic love story and a Grandmother who loved her family so much!!! I really loved this story. I could not put it down!!
Claire
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received The Half Mile of Baby Blue as part of a Goodreads giveaway.

Upon discovering that her family may lose their ancestral home, Kit Wheeler is determined to prevent the worst from happening. When an old chuckwagon with connections to her own past turns up in an old barn, Kit and her siblings come up with a plan to race in the upcoming Calgary Stampede, with the hopes that sponsorship and publicity will give them the funds they need to get back on their feet. The family's plight catches the
Melinda M
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Half Mile of Baby Blue by Shelley Kassian is book 2 of Women of Stampede series. It about the Wheeler family and the need to save the family ranch. History repeats itself in the form of a chuckwagon. I will not spoil the story but it keeps you involved and hoping things work out. I will give you a hint there is something to do with the Calgary Stampede. It does well as a stand alone.

I received a copy thru a Goodreads Giveaway.

Lorelei Frank
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read!

This story is different than my usual line of stories that I tend to read. So glad that I did read it! It's a fun read and a fun subject! History repeating with a twist, female wagon driver!
Sharon
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A warm, loving story of family pride, memories, values and desperation to save the family legacy. Community coming together, rescue horses, an exciting race and a love story all wrapped up together to make a very good book.
Sweetpea
Scott
Debbie Icebergsewell
Barb
Apr 25, 2018
A multi-published author, Shelley Kassian, appreciates the corridors of medieval history and in particular the Tudor period. She has visited the United Kingdom, touring many castles in her pursuit of story. When asked, Shelley assists novice writers in building fictional worlds and enjoys crafting her own stories into novel-length fiction. Shelley shares her life with her husband, adores her adult ...more