Start by marking “The Teleporter” as Want to Read:
The Teleporter

The Teleporter

Just when you thought there were enough super hero stories in this world, we made another one…
Kurt Wiseman is your average mid-twenties slouch with a serial thirst for alcohol, that is until destiny calls upon him to stumble where no man has clumsily stumbled before. By day he works for a familiar sounding, power hungry, media controlling, mega rich American businessman w
Published April 18th 2018 by Satin Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Teleporter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teleporter

Sanna (sannareads)
Apr 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
The Teleporter by Lee Hall

I got this book sent to me by Hall himself and was so excited to read it. I’m a big fan of superheroes and everything that comes with it, the action, the adventures, the good vs bad...therefor I find it really hard to say that this wasn’t my cup of tea.

This book strongly shows how much influence and power people with money have which I really enjoyed. It showed how rich people are the ones to decide while the people with less money don’t have any saying which I feel
Duncan Thompson
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't get me wrong, I love comic books and superhero flicks. But after almost 20 years since the X-Men hit the screen, for me the genre has grown stale. Which is why Lee Hall's The Teleporter is the perfect antidote to the monotony of superhero movies.
Kurt Wiseman, lives for booze, as is apparent from the opening chapter, but all that changes when a lab accident leaves him with the ability to teleport. With great power is the responsibility to go viral.
Witty pros, written in 1st person that sma
J.C
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book such a fun and interesting look at the superhero/ noir genre. It made me laugh several times with ease and the main character was three-dimensional. Quite meta in it's own way turning novel tropes on their head if you're looking for something enjoyable to read I suggest The Teleporter for sure.
Philip
Jan 15, 2019 added it
Quite an amazing and unusual read. A unique take on a superhero which seem to be all the fashion now. Very readable and funny. Anyone can take up The Teleporter and be transported into a realm of fun and games.
Shiulie Ghosh
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Early on we're told 'this isn't your standard comic book hero story' - in fact, it's the very antithesis of that.
Our 'hero' begins as an unashamed drunk. He's written so convincingly, you can picture him in his natural habitat of a bar, booze in hand, rolling his eyes at the very mention of heroism. Once he gets his powers (by accident, as all the best superheroes do), he has to figure out how to use them. The book cleverly tackles questions we never really ask of superhero types. For example,
Richard G
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As somebody who mainly only reads non-fiction science and philosophy, I have to say that this is such a fun book, in two senses - it's fun and easy-going to read with the style of writing, and the content is fun and entertaining! As I said, this is not the kind of book I normally pick up, but this was thoroughly enjoyable. Mr Hall is getting better with each book he writes, and with this book he proves not only that first point - but also the fact he can incorporate serious, fun and comedic styl ...more
Roslyn Renwick
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun book with believable protagonist.
The main character reminded me all too well of more than one person I knew amongst the creative crowd. It was very funny, in a typically English, self deprecating, but sharply critical of those seen to abuse their power, way. It also gave an amusing nod towards those gritty, gangster era American private eye type novels, as well as a skit on the "Superhero" comics. Very entertaining.
Irene Pylypec
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Humorous yet thought-provoking

From the very beginning, it’s easy to visualize the cliché comic book-type characters to whom we are introduced. All that’s missing is the cigarette smoke. That comes later.
The Teleporter by Lee Hall gives a voice to the downtrodden in a very entertaining and humorous manner. Why shouldn’t the marginalized in society be superheroes?
Bruce Knapp
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Teleporter was feckin' funny. I like the interesting twist of the superhero genre.

If you enjoy superheroes and satire... this is a must read.

I don't want to be someone who just won't leave, so take... these broken wings...

The End  (Seriously, end of review)
George Black
Oct 11, 2018
Lamar
Apr 13, 2019
Special Coleman
Jan 10, 2019
Elysia Strife
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A humorously crass story of a drunkard turned superhero.

Hall has created a realistic world in which corporations hold the power and the common man has little control over his own life, until fate elects a portion and hands it over in the form of teleportation karma. The transformation of our main character, Kurt, is depicted with a perfect amount of stumbles, physical and emotional, and leaves us rooting for him as he finds his new place in society.

The voice isn’t hindered by formalities; it is
Lee Hall
Apr 22, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Gareth Mercer
is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2019
Home School Mum 3
Apr 12, 2019
Authors & Reviewers: Reviews wanted for super hero comedy novella 1 10 Nov 28, 2018 02:33AM
Making Connections: 5241. - THE TELEPORTER by Lee Hall 4 20 May 29, 2018 12:20AM
"The hardest thing about being an 'Indie author' is letting the world know your book exists...'

"The best thing is convincing the world one person at a time this your dream!"

Lee Hall is a UK based independently published author. He currently has two books available; Open Evening and Darke Blood.

He is a fan of immersive television, shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Breaking Bad and Th