Start by marking “Of Blood and Ashes (Of Cinder and Bone #2)” as Want to Read:
Of Blood and Ashes (Of Cinder and Bone #2)

Of Blood and Ashes

(Of Cinder and Bone #2)

The world's deadliest dragon, the infamous Baba Yaga, is loose on the streets of Tokyo.

Dr. Rhett "Jack" Jackson and Dr. Kamala Anjali have been tasked with helping the government take down a dragon the size of a Tyrannosaurus Rex after it sends part of the city up in flames. Things worsen when they lose track of dragon in none other than Aokigahara, the Suicide Forest--a
Published April 21st 2018 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Of Blood and Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Blood and Ashes

Start your review of Of Blood and Ashes (Of Cinder and Bone #2)
Brooke Banks
FYI: I’ve kept this review as spoiler free for the first book as possible. BUT you really should read this in order for full amazing effect. Check out my review for book one, Of Cinder and Bone here.

Of Blood and Ashes takes off right after book one. I really didn’t expect most of what happened, just like in Of Cinder and Bone. Especially that heart wrenching, oh so painfully good ending.

I was excited to read about Jack and Kamala being a couple and taking care of their dragons. I kinda got that,
Sumayyah
Mar 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Baba Yaga and the Tale of Revenge

Book 2 picks up immediately where Book 1 ends: with Kamala announcing to Jack that she's pregnant as Baba Yaga wails on Tokyo. Jack and Kamala and a handful of federal operatives fly to Japan to stop the resurrected dragon, but everyone has their own, secret agenda. Meanwhile, Faye is targeted by people who are after Jack, and murder seems to be the thing on everyone's mind.
Jackie
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An awesome story with a deadly dragon. How will anyone deal with this. Definitely gripping. Loved the characters.
Andi
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Susan
Mar 31, 2021 rated it liked it
Oh, but this was disappointing. I loved the first book in this series so very much, and just kept shaking my head throughout this one. The overall story arc was fine enough, but the little details just killed it for me.

For example, both of the main characters see psychiatrists… for talk therapy. That’s just not how it ends up working in the US. Psychiatrists are the MDs who do medications. Sure, they’ll talk with you while you’re there, but if you want weekly-type talk therapy sessions, you nee
Cassandra Ulrich
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Following the rescuing of their dragon in the previous book, Jack and Kamala have been tasked with helping the Japanese government find and capture Baba Yaga, a lab-born dragon who has killed over two dozen people in a rampage throughout the city. As if that wasn't enough of a stressful encounter, Jack just found out Kamala is pregnant and they've only been dating for a month. While they are trying not to get eaten in a foreboding forest, their friend Faye was kidnapped as leverage just in case ...more
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wowsers Dragon Friends

Just when I wondered what could happen next to Kam and Jack, Baba Yaga comes to life, literally. As if they didn't already have enough to deal with! Then Faye comes into play and I am really not sure what to think. What I do know is that this series definitely keeps everyone on their toes!
Darlene Long
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. This book starts with a run away dragon in Tokyo!! And about three other main parts. But I’m not saying anything else about it. ;) a well written story. Like when the Roller coaster stopes and then fling down. Yea it is just like that!!
Casey Forrest
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just wow

I really, really love this author. I have ripped through both of these two books and I’m chomping at the bit for the next to come out. I especially loved her note at the end - it spoke to me. Please read these books, they are so cool.
T.B. II
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great sequel to Of Cinder and Bone. And, like Kyoko M is an expert at, she leaves us begging for more! I cannot wait for the third book!
Connie Norris
Apr 16, 2020
Dusty
Jan 31, 2021
Kyoko M.
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Barbara ★
Jun 06, 2018

• We Were Witches
  • The New Moon's Arms
  • Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus
  • Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1)
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • New Kid (New Kid, #1)
  • Shoot the Messenger (Messenger Chronicles, #1)
  • Minding My Own Me
  • Lost Girls
  • Alone In The Dark
  • I Remember Earth (Among the Stars and Stones Vol. 1)
  • Every Alien Comes Home Somewhere (Among the Stars and Stones Vol. 2)
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • Apprentice (The Last Witch of Rome, #1)
  • Compete (The Atlantis Grail, #2)
  • Primani
  • Win (The Atlantis Grail #3)
  • I HATE Your Prophecy
Kyoko M is a USA Today bestselling author, a fangirl, and an avid book reader. She has written the Amazon bestselling Black Parade urban fantasy series as well as the Of Cinder and Bone science-fiction dragon hunting series. The Black Parade has been reviewed by Publishers Weekly and New York Times bestselling author Ilona Andrews. She is also a contributor to Marvel Comics Black Panther: Tales of ...more

Of Cinder and Bone (4 books)
  • Of Cinder and Bone (Of Cinder and Bone #1)
  • Of Dawn and Embers (Of Cinder and Bone #3)
  • Of Fury and Fangs (Of Cinder and Bone #4)

Related Articles

“His booted feet pounded out an insane, frantic rhythm underneath him as he raced into the cavern across from Baba Yaga’s den at a dead sprint. Pieces of dragon dung flew off him and hit the ground behind him in miniature chunks. He didn’t dare look behind him to see if the dragon had risen from the ground yet, but the deafening hiss that assaulted his ears meant she’d woken up. Icy claws of fear squeezed his heart with every breath as he ran, relying on the night vision goggles, the glimpse he’d gotten of the map, and his own instincts to figure out where to go.
Jack raced around one corner too sharply and slipped on a piece of dung, crashing hard on his right side. He gasped as it knocked the wind out of him and gritted his teeth, his mind screaming at him to get up and run, run, run. He pushed onto his knees, nursing what felt like bruised ribs and a sprained wrist, and then paled as an unmistakable sensation traveled up the arm he’d used to push himself up.
Impact tremors.
Boom.
Boom.
Boom, boom, boom.
Baba Yaga was coming.
Baba Yaga was hunting him.
Jack forced himself up onto his feet again, stumbling backwards and fumbling for the tracker. He got it switched on to see an ominous blob approaching from the right. He’d gotten a good lead on her—maybe a few hundred yards—but he had no way of knowing if he’d eventually run into a dead end. He couldn’t hide down here forever. He needed to get topside to join the others so they could take her down.
Jack blocked out the rising crescendo of Baba Yaga’s hissing and pictured the map again. A mile up to the right had a man-made exit that spilled back up to the forest. The only problem was that it was a long passage. If Baba Yaga followed, there was a good chance she could catch up and roast him like a marshmallow. He could try to lose her in the twists and turns of the cave system, but there was a good chance he’d get lost, and Baba Yaga’s superior senses meant it would only be a matter of time before she found him. It came back to the most basic survival tactics: run or hide.
Jack switched off the tracker and stuck it in his pocket, his voice ragged and shaking, but solid. “You aren’t about to die in this forest, Jackson. Move your ass.”
He barreled forward into the passageway to the right in the wake of Baba Yaga’s ominous, bubbling warning, barely suppressing a groan as a spike of pain lanced through his chest from his bruised ribs. The adrenaline would only hold for so long. He could make it about halfway there before it ran out. Cold sweat plastered the mask to his face and ran down into his eyes. The tunnel stretched onward forever before him. No sunlight in sight. Had he been wrong?
Jack ripped off the hood and cold air slapped his face, making his eyes water. He held his hands out to make sure he wouldn’t bounce off one of the cavern walls and squinted up ahead as he turned the corner into the straightaway. There, faintly, he could see the pale glow of the exit.
Gasping for air, he collapsed against one wall and tried to catch his breath before the final marathon. He had to have put some amount of distance between himself and the dragon by now.
“Who knows?” Jack panted. “Maybe she got annoyed and turned around.”
An earth-shattering roar rocked the very walls of the cavern.
Jack paled.
Boom, boom, boom, boom!
Boom, boom, boom, boomboomboomboom—
Mother of God.
The dragon had broken into a run.
Jack shoved himself away from the wall, lowered his head, and ran as fast as his legs would carry him.”
4 likes