Start by marking “That Month in Tuscany” as Want to Read:
That Month in Tuscany

That Month in Tuscany

That Month in Tuscany . . .

Ren Sawyer and Lizzy Harper live completely different lives. He’s a rock star with a secret he can no longer live with. She’s a regular person whose husband stood her up for a long planned anniversary trip.

On a flight across the Atlantic headed for Italy, a drunken pity party and untimely turbulence literally drop Lizzy into Ren’s lap. It is the
Published September 19th 2014 by Fence Free Entertainment

Anne OK
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
2.0 - 2.5 disappointing stars

Short and sweet; very light reading with kisses and a small dose of spice at the very end. The story was written in first person diary-like entries from four different POVs, which I found to be spiritless and lacking vitality. Both the story and the main characters had real potential in my opinion but were lacking depth. Neither was given enough defined attention to get the job done. There was one part of the story that took the main theme off the front burner and we
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first 5 star book of 2018. Finished it in a day. I loved absolutely everything about this book!! A must read!!
Barbara
Mar 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Marleen
Much to my surprise, I enjoyed this book. I especially liked the non-pretentious characters. Both Ren Sawyer and Lizzy Harper are endearing people, their wealth notwithstanding. They both embark on a trip to Italy with plenty of self-reflection to go through. Both feel let down, feel that they are at a turning point, and for Ren, it feels more bleak than for Lizzy. Actually, it's clear that they both benefit of their chance-encounter and of this change in perspective. Indeed, Lizzy’s marriage is ...more
Ashley
Jan 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful POVs

This book was a complete disaster.
Okay first off, this book went between too many point of views (POVs). There was the heroine, her husband, her daughter, and her rock star lover.
It gets even messed when they are all written in different styles. The heroine and the rock star are written in first person (I, me, etc). The daughters pov was written in third person (he, she, it) and then the oddest of them all, the husband, was written in second person (you think this and then you are a
Isabel
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book under the title That Month In Tuscany. I probably wouldn’t have bought it under the title Rock Her because it looks too supermarket romance cheesy. That being said under whatever title this was a really good read. With the exception of the daughters situation i liked all of the story lines and especially the relationship between Lizzy and Ren. Definitely a brownie bite for the brain!
kelly hayes
Only kept reading because I kept thinking it's got to get better...

Only it didn't. It's a cheap book, poor characters, terrible story line and when you get to the end you will question why did you continue reading it when it was so bad.
Vanessa
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Ok, I feel awful doing this. I don’t believe I’ve ever given a book such a low rating. In fact, I typically rate high because I know how much work goes into the authors work.
If you have nothing else at all in the world to read... then take up reading tea leaves or smoke signals.
I couldn’t even finish it it was so bad. Half way through and I just couldn’t take anymore of the eye roll inducing plot “twists”. The situation with the daughter almost made my eyes get stuck in a perpetual eye roll.
T
Michelle °O°
I loved her other books but this one just fell short. I read this free on Kindle Library but I hate when reading a story and it ends at 75%. The rest was just filler for another one of the authors other books.

The writing was great and it was told in 4 POVs which I didn't mind. But we never really got much character development and her slime-ball husband needing a lashing, but he never did get one.

This book would have been better if it was just a little longer or taken out one part of the story t
Chris Ruefer
Jan 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Was there even an editor?

This book was flat and uninspired. And there were factual errors that should have been caught...no one just walks in and gets a ticket to the Uffizi, Italy is 6 hours ahead of the East Coast, not behind. Characters were predictable and boring...look for a different book!
Lindsey Kilburg
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish I would have saved this for my beach read. Super cute read. I’ve told my husband I want to leave him and travel Italy for a month after reading this book! The author really describes the beauty of Italy and makes you feel like you are there, add to it a cute romance and you’re set!
Karen
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel-the-world
So, I'm instantly drawn to any book with the word Tuscany in the title. To make it better, part of this book took place in a town that I have visited: San Gimignano. Although I had to suspend belief for the romance, I surprisingly enjoyed this book. It was a light read that I needed. I'm not a huge romance reader, but every once in a while it gives me a break from the heavier stuff I read.
Linda Thompson
I just finished Inglath Cooper’s fabulous book and am left breathless. I could feel the pain of both Ren and Lizzy, and could sense the hope they both felt when they were together. Sometimes the unpleasant side life gets in the way and we are left with a choice – walk away from that ray of happiness we’ve found, or walk toward it with anticipation of what love and joy can be. Cooper’s descriptive style of Tuscany is breathtaking and you can feel the same sense of peace deep within that Ren and L ...more
Mary Herring
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary by: Julie gave book to me
A very quick, fun read! Written from four different viewpoints. Another great beach read!
Tina
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, home

Although a lot of things happened in this story, it was solved a bit too easy to be believable. Nice enough.
Deb M
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4.5
Read in a day; didn’t want to put it down
Arlene
Sep 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
***SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT***
I been a fan of Ms. Cooper since I read her wonderful amazing series "Nashville" and personally for me, Ms. Cooper couldn't do no wrongs with her gift of words...TILL "Rock her", what a disappointment...I felt cheated in so many levels, I felt no closure, when it came to Lizzy and her no good husband Ty, I was expecting a least a b*tch slap or something along those lines but nothing, nada, zero, zip, zilch..I mean this character Ty was an a** hole
Amy
Non sexually explicit stories are not my usual choice of reading material of late. I seem to read mostly new adult type stories. I like angsty, and passionate. Rock Her is a classic contemporary romance. It's a good contemporary romance, but if you like steamy, hot-enough-to-melt-the-sheets sex scenes, you're not going to find them here. I found this book via a Facebook ad, and hadn't done more than read the blurb when I downloaded it as a Kindle Unlimited read for free download.

Although I loved
Dana Hansen
Light easy reading— not what I’d call great literature, but I enjoy reading something like this every so often. Good story telling and a one day read. Great for a beach trip. Some nice surprises.
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
Wendy Dembo
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
We read this for book club. I must say that we discussed this more than any other book.
I thought that the author dictated it.
Another woman brought in an essay about romance novels and how they can empower women.
But this book wasn't about empowering women. This was a book about a woman, a house wife, who looks good and does nothing, but somehow manages to catch the super hot rock star. She even pries him away from a sports illustrated cover girl. Imagine that, your shitty husband is cheating on y
Jennifer Smyth
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming!
Deidra
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75. Was a better rating for me. Simply written so easy to follow and very good book on audio...multiple readers so like a movie almost and I enjoyed the story. Could be many women’s romantic fantasy......Italy, rock star, romance, save a puppy. 😁 And then boom, little bit of thriller thrown in.
Linda
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courage comes in many Forms

How many marriages are portraits of indifference and tolerance ? How many mother-child relationships reflect misunderstanding and miscommunication? How to measure the courage required to accept courage under Tuscan skies. Lizzy’s story will frustrate and encourage as she gets her courage on. A nice read.
Sharon Vinderine
sweet easy beach read -highly recommend

My first Inglath Cooper book but will be downloading many more for beach reads. Clean enough that you would let your teenage daughter read it but characters richly written enough to get swept up in fantasy. Finished it in one day and off to search for more of her books!
Yolanda Lopez
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars -- I want to go to Tuscany!
Light & Enjoyable Read. There was a twist in it I could have done without but she pulled it together at the end. EXCELLENT!
Lynne Spreen
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

Not crazy about the use of second person for one character, but the story was so enjoyable it didn't matter. I've found another favorite author!
Sheila
Feb 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible writer . Almost couldn't finish it . Predictable . UGH
Jean
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It's a lightweight romance, and you know how it will end, but the journey there was fun!
Adelle
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While reading this book, I kept thinking of ways I would change it & make it different. I didn't like it.
Goodreads Librari...: Rock Her by Inglath Cooper has a new title 2 13 Oct 25, 2016 01:23PM

• A Lush Engagement (Lush, #1.5)
  • Glitter on the Web
  • A Seductive Melody (Kelly Brothers, #5)
  • A Voice to Love (Fallen Tuesday, #1; Brothers of Rock, #6)
  • Flesh & Bone (The Minstrel Series, #2)
  • Strike
  • Bring Me Back
  • Bluebells on the Hill
  • Feverish (Bullet, #3; Feverish, #1)
  • The Worrier's Guide to the End of the World: Love, Loss, and Other Catastrophes—through India, Italy, and Beyond
  • Rockers After Dark
  • The Stronger, Safer Kind (The Boys of DownCrash, #1)
  • Heart Strings: The Devon Stone Prequel (The Lust List: Miles Riot #1)
  • Always
  • Chasing Dreams (Devil's Bend, #1)
  • The Perfect Love Song: A Holiday Story
  • Harley (West Coast Rock Star, #1)
  • Rock Me (Love Me, #3)
Virginia author Inglath Cooper fell in love with reading as a little girl, devouring most of the books in her elementary school library. At some point, she decided she wanted to pursue a writing career, creating romance fiction that did for others what her favorite books have done for her. “I love character-driven books that leave me feeling as if I’ve really known these people and make me wish I ...more
“A” 0 likes
“I wonder how it is that we go along year after year never questioning the routines we’ve set for ourselves, never wondering if it could be different.” 0 likes