Start by marking “Hillbilly Drug Baby: The Story” as Want to Read:
Hillbilly Drug Baby: The Story

Hillbilly Drug Baby: The Story

Jesse-Ray Lewis, 19, enters a West Virginia "safe house" with few possessions beyond the kerchiefs that identify him as a gang member. An aged-out foster child, he lands in Bluefield, where a charity gives him food. What follows is the personal, dramatic story of two people who intervene in the life of a homeless, drug-abusing teen with a background of violence and neglect ...more
Published December 1st 2018 by Boutique of Quality Books

To ask other readers questions about Hillbilly Drug Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hillbilly Drug Baby

Catherine
I received this fantastically well written book as a PDF from the Publisher for review purposes, so thank you for giving me the opportunity to read it in exchange for an honest unbiased review. I was drawn to this book because I read Hillbilly Ellegy earlier in the year so wanted to learn more about being raised a "hillbilly".

This book is a "chronicle of an Appalacian mountain-bred teen who waltzed in to the life of two quixotic, altruistic, naive outsiders with grown children of their own".

The
Nina Norstrom
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Can’t Say They Didn’t Try

Talk about drama, violence, drug-abusing, challenges, and foster-care, you'll find it behind these pages! A story told through the eyes of another. I just love me some true stories; especially, when I can walk those journeys alongside you. You write it, I’m bound to read it. And that’s what this author has done.

Although reviewers provided insight into what was revealed about Jesse-Ray Lewis’ life, I won’t dive into its details. I’m hoping by not telling you more about t
Kate
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book, but I had a bad taste in my mouth for the whole ride. The many questions I had were never answered. Nothing Jessie-Ray said could be believed. And it felt like the author had very little to do with him except to conduct interviews for this book, which left me feeling that in her way, all she had done was use him, which is no more than he did to her husband and the mission that tried to help.

Jessie-Ray comes off as a narcissistic teen, which is what he is. He ha
LucyFoxxie13
Nov 29, 2018
Sheryl
Mar 13, 2019
Andrea Brunais
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: drug-addiction
Dawn
Mar 07, 2019
Traci
Apr 18, 2019
Andrea Brunais is an author and editor with a long history as a prizewinning journalist.

Her latest novel, Mercedes Wore Black, tells the story of a backpack journalist covering the Florida governor's race. The publisher, Southern Yellow Pine, entered it under Best Fiction in the Florida Authors and Publishers Association annual contest, where it took Silver in 2015.

She is the author of the Hillbil