Start by marking “The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #2)

The Lost Heir

(Wings of Fire Graphic Novel #2)

The New York Times bestselling Wings of Fire series soars to new heights in this graphic novel adaptation!
The lost heir to the SeaWing throne is going home at last.

She can't believe it's finally happening. Tsunami and her fellow dragonets of destiny are journeying under the water to the great SeaWing Kingdom. Stolen as an egg from the royal hatchery, Tsunami is eager to me
Published February 26th 2019 by Graphix

Karissa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Wings of Fire graphic novel series. I don’t have a ton to say about this book. It is a well done graphic novel version of the 2nd full length book in the Wings of Fire series. The illustration is solid and the story is similar to the book. My son is a huge Wings of Fire fan, so he has been getting these to read and giving them to me to read when he is done.

Tsunami journeys to the SeaWings to find her mother, Queen Coral, and learn about her family. However things d
Noah Crocker
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read. Very good art. However, if I had not read the original book beforehand, I would have enjoyed the book much less. It's like making a rendition into a movie - the movie tends not to be as good as the book, with a few exceptions. (Forrest Gump and The Princess Bride anyone?)

Overall enjoyed it
Could've been better.
Annie (Putt)
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Compared to The Dragonet Prophecy, The Lost Heir is better in consistency, but there is still the issue of the artwork and the general pacing.

Main problems with this: the facial expressions sometimes are beyond bizarre and make no sense. I definitely think the artist does best with over-the-top dramatic expressions, but even then they can look truly odd. Some of the weirder ones would be Glory talking to the gang in the beginning, and Tsunami's monologues.

Another problem were Tsunami's
Mmesoma Nwabuwa
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVRYONEEEEEE
I love love love love love loveeeeeeee this series
I love it, even more, when I read the graphic novel.
I love it even moreeee now that I have started reading this series again after I first fell in love with it in 6th grade.
Usually, when I encounter books that I haven't read in a while, I don't love them as I did years ago. This, THIS, was a huge exception! My love for this series has quadrupled since I read it in 6th grade.
As usual, I love all the dragonets but my love for Tsunami has gone down
GuineaPigFalconer
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I read the full-length second Wings of Fire book, so I'd pretty much forgotten the whole plot. But this graphic novel did a great job summing it up for me! This story looks great in full-color illustrations, and I do remember this book being one of my favorites of the series (the real novel, that is). My only complaint- and this is a dumb one, too- is that it sort of takes away what I'd imagined the setting to look like. Not how I pictured the SeaWing palace, but I gu ...more
Perssis Namour
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
I can't tell you on what page I fell, but it did happen, slowly and with out me realizing it. I have fallen in love with five auspicious dragons! I need to get my hands on the graphic novel one the dragnet prophecy ASAP. For now I am grateful to a third grader who said, "Ms Perssis do you think you can get a the wings of fire books for our library?" I picked up a packet with 1-5 and thought done! Now I'm so delighted to know Sutherland wrote and released 12 books in this series. so now the hunt ...more
Kaitlynn
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Another great translation from the written to graphic medium. Colors were vibrant and true to the original books. Action was great, (view spoiler), although it drew back from the violence quite a bit - it felt a little sanitized. The fact that most characters were Seawings with a limited cool color palette meant telling characters apart took a smidgen longer. That being said, I was impressed with the subtle differences in markings and f ...more
Allegra
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The original book was an amazing story with developed characters and twists and turns. Seeing it illustrated was like seeing it for the first time and I loved it! The panels and speech bubbles were clear and the colors were vibrant. I was hoping to see some innovative character designs but like the last graphic novel it wasn't so. I do have to say the character designs of the seawings were much better than the skywings of the last novel. Still a wonderful read all around.
Jennifer Green
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
My son found this one harder to follow because he hasn't read the books yet. But I still think it's well drawn and, for the most part, the story flows well without having read the books. As an adult reader, I was able to fill in the blanks more than my son was which is probably why he struggled to get through it a bit more than the other volume. He still wants book #3 though so that's a good sign.
Becca T.
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel like this book wasn't as adapted well as the first one. It left out scenes that I feel like were important. The prologue was a different scene entirely and so later when we're supposed to feel this strong sense of betrayal, there is nothing, because it was changed. Otherwise, I thought this was adapted alright.

This book get 4.5 out of 5 stars. Grade: A
Rachel
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-own
Reading this book with all the illustrations was so much fun! Especially because of how hard it was for me to imagine the Summer Palace. I really like this art style and the way you can tell which dragons are which even when they're all SeaWings or whatever. I wouldn't suggest reading this over the original novel, but I would definitely suggest reading them both, in whichever order you prefer.
Tonnya Norbury
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is amazing. It has an amazing storyline and I hope they continue to make Notre graphic novels

I recommend this book because it has a great story line if you like to get into books then this is your book.
Mila Grothus
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. It was nice to see it in a graphic novel version. I can't wait to read the others.Tui T Sutherland
Beyond Book'd
This has amazingly vibrant colors. The adventure is interesting enough to not feel 100% childish. I will see out the next book in the series. Each character is well thought through and has its own unique voice.
Jaymie
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Better than the first graphic novel - I felt like I could better distinguish the dragons from the same tribe without having to pour over the pages. And the story didn't feel chunky or like there were gaps when they streamlined it for this format. This was terrific!
NG77
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was the 2nd book that came to life! I love Tsunami!
Jonathan Roberts
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I liked where the author took this trade. The intrigue and back story were fun.
Mallika
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like how the author drew the Summer Palace and the Deep Palace because they really match the descriptions in the main book. I also like how Anemone and Auklet look.
Kelly Massey
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful representation of Book 2. It's nice to see all the different SeaWings as they are described in the original novel.
Emily Traasdahl
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tsunami really makes me angry sometimes the way she is so stubborn.
Luckyrock27
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was ok... it showed me some things I didn’t imagine when reading the actual book, the graphic novel showed more than I thought...
Martin
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was just okay. Felt a bit crammed. There’s probably more to the novel... maybe.
Amanda
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
The book is lacking in story telling against the novel but still well illustrated.
Heather
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to say the art is really gorgeous!
Crystal
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wings of fire 🔥

wings of fire is the best series I’ve seen it is good for people any age and it’s a action packed book that you will want to never stop reading!!!
John Majors
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun book to read aloud to the kids.
Hazel
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting plot, and good illustrations.
Overall, 4 stars.
Destiny Henderson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragons
Very good but dark and violent!
3.5
Amanda Allen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better than the first! Highly recommend. Plus the art style is continually beautiful!
Mgyareads
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a nice way to get reluctant readers interested in the novels.
  • The Gift of Dark Hollow (The Five Realms #2)
  • Demons at the Gates (Phoenix Chronicles, #5)
  • Petit (Les Ogres-Dieux, #1)
  • Magic Warfare
  • Disobedience (Bastan Hollow Saga, #2)
  • Murder in the Dark (Ishmael Jones, #6)
  • The Sisters of Salem (Witches of BlackBrook #3)
  • The Color of Revenge
  • Demeter
  • Lion Down (FunJungle, #5)
  • Refuge of Dragons (Voices of Dragons, #2)
  • Lord of the Deep
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • Cast in Wisdom (Chronicles of Elantra, #15)
  • Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)
  • Myths and Mortals (Numina Trilogy #2)
  • Disheartened (A Null for Hire Novel Book 2)
  • Station Zero (Railhead, #3)
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Tui? What kind of name is that? Is it short for something?

Nope. Among the many great things to come out of New Zealand (the Lord of the Rings movies, cats that paint, my mom) is a bird called the tui—not as well known as the kiwi, but a heck of a lot noisier!

I was born July 31 (same birthday as Harry Potter!) in Caracas, Venezuela, and lived in Asuncion, Paraguay

Wings of Fire Graphic Novel (3 books)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)