Start by marking “The Guinevere's Tale Trilogy (Guinevere's Tale Compendium)” as Want to Read:
The Guinevere's Tale Trilogy (Guinevere's Tale Compendium)

The Guinevere's Tale Trilogy (Guinevere's Tale Compendium)

This is a box set of the three books in Nicole Evelina's Guinevere's Tale series: Daughter of Destiny, Camelot's Queen and Mistress of Legend.

Guinevere is remembered for her role as King Arthur’s wife and for her adulterous affair with Lancelot. But there is so much more to her story…

Priestess. Queen. Warrior. Experience the world of King Arthur through Guinevere’s eyes as
Published September 15th 2018 by Lawson Gartner Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Guinevere's Tale Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guinevere's Tale Trilogy

Start your review of The Guinevere's Tale Trilogy (Guinevere's Tale Compendium)
Gina
This review will be difficult to write - not because the trilogy was bad - but because it was quite the opposite - so incredibly amazing that it is difficult to find the words to describe them, but I will give it my best.

Most of us are aware of the long-lived and intriguing legend of Queen Guinevere, wife of King Arthur, lover of Lancelot, former love of Aggrivane. Depending on which legend you learn about, Guinevere can be portrayed as brave or opportunistic, caring or narcissistic, lover or wa
Susan
I received a free copy via NetGalley for a true and honest opinion.

I have to say, I enjoyed this book. It is about 800 pages long but it is actually really easy to read through. I love anything to do with the legends of Arthur but this book actually focuses on Guinevere. More especially, it doesn't depicted her as this traitorous adulator or weak helpless woman. She is depicted as a warrior priestess. This trilogy is about Guinevere and her challenges and life from her point of view, so while i
Pat Wahler
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series of novels tell the story of Guinevere, in a new and unexpected way. Evelina's version shows us the young Guinevere, followed by the queen of Camelot, and finally a strong woman who wasn't hidden away in a convent. Highly recommended for fantasy and historical fiction fans!
On My Kindle BR
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book and opted to share a review.

Evelina's knowledge of Arthurian legend is expansive; I like how she adhered to some of the tropes associated with the genre while sharing her point of view regarding the legends. I thought she struck a wonderful balance between old and new and repudiated the male-centric perspectives of Guinevere and Morgan le Fey. Evelina's flair for marrying old and new prose is further demonstrated in her word choice and flow, making it easy fo
Polly Krize
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is truly a fascinating book about Guinevere. There is so much more to her character than what we have previously known, so much more than only Arthur's wife, Lancelot's lover...highly recommended. Don't let the length of the book keep you from this epic story.
Amba Kumar
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Arthurian retelling I have read where I have actually liked Guinevere. Evelina somehow manages to create a sympathetic and likeable character with her own integrity and sense of honour and her own journey through an Arthurian narrative that is familiar but made new and seen from her perspective. Like Helen of Troy, it is usually difficult to like a character who chooses their own desires above all else but this Guinevere is a woman who loved Lancelot before she ever met Arthur ...more
Susan
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This trilogy contains three books: Daughter of Destiny, Camelot's Queen, and Mistress of Legend. A historical fantasy, although the 'history' is pretty shaky, considering there is no real proof that Arthur and Guinevere ever lived. However, the author appears to have done a lot of research, and the excellent Author's Notes at the end discuss what she used for her own story and what various others believe, as well as a lot of good background information. Guinevere is a daughter of the Votadini tr ...more
Annette Mordec
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely one of better book sets I read lately.
Great story telling by Nicole Evelina. She created a totally different version of the King Arthur legend from his wife Gueneviere's point of view.
This trilogy is extremely well written, it's most definitely a page turner.
I would recommend this series to all. You won't be disappointed.
Personally I cannot wait to get my hands on some more of Ms. Evelina's books. I'm sure they're just as good as this trilogy.
Thank You.
Meghan
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Lawson Gartner Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I am a huge fan of King Arthur and the Arthurian legends and all of the drama that goes with them. I have read so many interpretations of the legend and I was most excited to read tales from Guinevere's point of view. Guinevere was so powerful as her own and it was interesting to read the stories of how her and Morgan went through
Jeanette
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had my doubts when i decided to read this book, due to the length. I am so pleased that i did, as i thoroughly enjoyed and seemed to finish it within no time. It's a very well written book and one that i would happily read again one day. I would certainly recommend to all who enjoy fantasy, romance and legends.

My thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for my copy. This is my honest review, freely given.
Irkalla Ethrinkah
This is a great trilogy. It's one of the better Arthurian / Avalon series' I have read. It's action packed and spiritual. It's mostly on the side of the Goddess, but it is not one-sided. There are some good Christians.

The characters have their flaws, but there are even times that you can empathize with Morgan [though they don't make it clear whether or not she (view spoiler)]. (view spoiler)
Christine H Russell
Interesting but some inaccuracies

This is a well told tale of Arthurian legend. I especially enjoyed that Morgan and Guinevere knew each other well and their lives were well entwined from youth to death. The author does a good job of portraying Guinevere’s emotions although I was a bit surprised at her return to Arthur’s bed after her kidnapping. However the author does not know her Astronomy. Summer solstice is the shortest night not the longest and her description of the eclipse is not geometr
Caroline
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite an Intriguing Saga

For those lovers of Arthurian legend, Guinevere's Tale is a story not to be missed. Told from her perspective, this story sheds a whole new light on Guinevere's role, motivation and actions in uniting the tribes of Britain along with Arthur to combat the Saxon menace. Well written with well defined characters, I found this trilogy to be intensely interesting as well as original in how Guinevere 's contribution and life is viewed. BRAVO!
Marilyn Friga
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful read

I really enjoyed have Guinevere's whole life journey in becoming a leader and queen. Although living in the time era, she was a interesting character portrayed as a submissive women until her marriage to Arthur. I think she adapted well growing into her role as Queen. I enjoyed especially how her life went full circle back with her first love Aggrivane.
Csitzlar
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I have always seen Guinevere as a prissy self absorbed character, so these books were an eye opening glimpse into the heart and soul of a real woman who is so much more than history records. I thoroughly enjoyed all the detaill and thought given to her story. This was a wonderful read!
Diane wight
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guinevere

I never read this story before. It took me a long , but I pushed thru because it was three books in. I learned things I never knew. A truly enjoyable account of her life.
robert hookailo
Terrible

One dimensional characters and down right boring in places. Mixed modern language with supposedly ancient speech. Ridiculous story line. It's like Scarlet O"hara going to Ireland in that awful sequel.
diane wight
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another story I had no idea about. Knew of her time with Arthur but nothing else. A long but great read
Winona Cross
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy is a sweeping adventure of Guinevere and her life beginning when she is taken to the Lady of the Lake to study.
Joyce Loth
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a soft spot for stories of king Arthus and Merlin.
The role of women is highlighted in this trilogy. They are smart educated and wise.
Kay Scott
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great pleasure to read. It puts a great and wonderful slat on a familiar tale. Great reading that was hard to put down. Highly recommended to all who enjoy a great story.
Candice
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new perspective

I didn't think I would like these books since I am such a fan of The Mists of Avalon but I enjoyed them. It was interesting to see a new side to Guinivere.
Jackie
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved having the three books in one place. A truly enjoyable story by an outstanding writer. Couldn’t stop reading. Ready for more.
Mary Jackson
Cindi
Sep 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Isabella: Braveheart of France
  • The Lake of Learning (Cassiopeia Vitt Adventure, #3)
  • The Foretelling
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • First of the Tudors
  • The Dressmaker's Gift
  • Rosie’s Travelling Tea Shop
  • Heart of Ice (Alice Worth #3)
  • If the Broom Fits (Wicked Witches of Coventry, #1)
  • The Girls of Pearl Harbor
  • Doom and Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry #2)
  • Now, Then, and Everywhen (Chronos Origins #1)
  • Broom with a View (Wicked Witches of Coventry #3)
  • Season of the Dragonflies
  • A Clean Sweep (Wicked Witches of Coventry #4)
  • The Munich Girl
  • The Cake Shop in the Garden
  • The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
Nicole Evelina is a USA Today bestselling author of historical fiction, non-fiction, and women’s fiction whose six books have won more than 40 awards, including three Book of the Year designations. The TV/movie option for her book Madame Presidentess, was recently acquired by Fortitude International.

Nicole was named Missouri’s Top Independent Author by Library Journal and Biblioboard as the winne