Start by marking “Intoxicated By You” as Want to Read:
Intoxicated By You

Kristin Mayer

Intoxicated By You

(Exposed Hearts #1)

He'd been mine—until I made the biggest mistake of my life.

I thought if I put enough time and distance between us, my heart could forget him.

I thought wrong.

Drake Foster owns my heart, my entire being. He always will.

As the pieces of what happened to us begin to fall into place, I realize our relationship had been sabotaged.

We'd been pawns in a game neither of us knew
ebook
Published May 21st 2018 by K. Mayer Enterpries, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Intoxicated By You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intoxicated By You

Syndi
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I reached 30% of this book, I realized this book has suspense mystery on it. Not just romance. From the blurp it is promising. I thought this is about second change romance. But again I thought it wrong.
I am not against suspense mystery mix with romance. But I do not like this book at all because of Alexa. She is a super annoying. I feel that she only becomes tough if dealing with people she feels she is superior. Like her sister and her mother. But other people, she becomes a very annoyin
Na
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"When things get tough, we hold on to this feeling. We fight like hell to never lose it."

With creating Drake you just set a new standard for book-boyfriends. He's simply amazing. Thank you for giving us such a loving and deeply caring guy, we can swoon over. His love for Lex is unwavering and solid as a rock. It's Lex's personally safe heaven and for every reader of this story.

"And I will spend the rest of my life helping you achieve your dreams. Every one of them."

To be honest, at the beginning
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
*** This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I was excited to start Intoxicated By You, I love second chance romances especially when there is more to the reason to why they are apart than what they know. I went in to Intoxicated By You with high expectations but sadly they didn’t live up to them. Is Intoxicated By You a good book? Yes I believe it is but there were issues that made me not like it as much as I had hoped I would.

The author appeared to try t
Alison
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first by Kristin Mayer & I loved it.

Second chance romance with a touch of suspense - read it wont be disappointed.

I want me a Drake Foster! What a total Alpha package - cant wait for his brothers stories!!
Penny Layne
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the matter of a couple days, Alexa lost two of the most important men in her life. One was her father, taken from her in a logging accident. When she received a letter from her father after the reading of his will telling her to leave the love of her life, she lost the second, her soul mate.
Fast forward two years later when Alexa returns to her small town in Alaska, with her best friend in tow, to start a health clinic so what happened to her father doesn't happen to someone else! She's tried
Karen Sedgman
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first read by Kristin Mayer and won't be my last! This story was perfect it had the right amount of mystery, suspense! Loved that Alexa & Drake got a second chance, they should not have lost the first chance! Look forward to more stories about the Foster brother’s!
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
This is the first book I've read by this author and I really enjoyed it.
When Lex's father he leaves her with one finally warning...to keep away from the one man she loves. Being the daughter she is Lex picks up and leaves town never to see Drake Foster again. That is until she finds herself pulled back into the family drama. This story had a good amount of suspense and intrigue as well as a lot of steamy passion.
Angel
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intoxicating!

What a great story, I love small town romances where everyone is up in your business. Those twiner sisters are something else.
I loved Lex and Drake, they were perfect together.
I was pulled right in from the start, I actually sort of knew what the outcome was going to be but it didn’t take away from my enjoyment and the angst. Great book. I actually can’t wait for Kane’s book, something tells me there will be some laughs. Those brothers are something else.
Lydia H
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to move to Alaska now!

Well, hello Mr. Swoony Pants aka Drake!

This was my first Kristin Mayer book and TRUST ME when I say that it won't be my last. LOVED her writing and ALL the characters. Hollis is hilarious, Hayden and Kane are just as delicious and all manly like Drake, and Drake's parents? Uh-mazing!

Hayden's book seems to be the next one coming and darn it, I'm super stoked!!!!

The mystery, the suspense, and the drama happening throughout this book had me 100% intrigued and hooked
Anne OK
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
A new to me author with a romantic suspense (light on suspense) that was fun-to-read. I loved the brothers and their loyalty to one another. One very together family and another that left you shaking your head wondering how people can act so cruel, mean, petty and jealous of each other. I'm so sick of book moms who are pathetically poor at loving their children.

Wasn't a love or hate read for me. Just middle of the road.
Nikki Pennington
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"There were only so many times my heart could break."

Intoxicated by You was about Alexa and Drake. The story starts with Alexa making a huge mistake and leaving Drake. Years later she is back in town to open a clinic with her best friend, and she runs into Drake. The feelings, for both of them, are obviously still there, and they get things straightened out pretty quickly. They realize they have lost 2 years that they never should have lost, and they don't want to lose any more time. After the
April Symes
This is a super sweet, extra special 2nd chance at love romance story that is mixed with a mystery that keeps you guessing until almost the very end. Alexa and Drake’s story is one of loss and heartbreak, of greed and lies, of hope and renewal, of true love and soulmates. Alexa lost two of the most important men in her life in the past of just a few days. What she didn’t know is that these were the doings of someone close to her. Her dad died due to a supposed logging accident and then just a fe ...more
Thuy Taylor
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars.

This is a sweet, infuriating second chance romance. I am not referring to the couple as infuriating, but the people surrounding them that caused their break up. Drake and Lex have a loving, sweet, lust, passionate love for another. True love, fate brought them together. But of course, people sometimes become jealous and create havoc. Lex's father dies, and after his death, she receives a letter from him stating that she needs to break up with the love of her life, Drake, because he doe
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Extra sweet second chance romance comes together with a mystery that keeps you guessing and on edge with anticipation in Intoxicated By You. I devoured this book. I absolutely could not put it down because I had to know what was going to happen next. Alexa and Drake’s story kept me glued to the pages. There was so much going on I was constantly trying to guess who was behind everything or I was busy completely swooning at the perfect love these two had. There wasn’t a moment that didn’t have me ...more
Gwen Shafer
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. I have read her books before and enjoyed them. This one blew the rest out of the water. So very well written. Gripping from beginning to end with a great story line great characters and suspense. This book breaks your heart puts it back together breaks it again and yep puts it back together. At least that is what i felt reading this book. Loss betrayal and love what more could you want in a book. I absolutely loved it and want so much more from these characters. Highly recommend readin ...more
Danielle Wormald
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How hot is this cover too?! 😍
A second chance romantic suspense in dual POV!
For me this wasn’t your usual second finance romance story a it brings so much more! It’s a story full of twists and mystery your held in suspense throughout, your in edge as more and more unwanted surprises unravel!
Alexa and Drakes story is one of Loss, heartache, second chances, lies deceit and betrayal!
It’s a real mix of emotions!
But a story of two people who are so deeply in love that even after been forced apart
Billy J Stratton
Alot of twist and turns.

This book seemed to have alot in it. Mystery and suspense plus some nice comedy. Drake and Alexa had been torn apart a few years back and Drake had no understanding of why. Alexa is back in town and will not be able to resist him. Please tell me we will get a book on Hollis also. That man kept me smiling through his manly Alaskan ideas. Grab this one for sure.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first book that I’ve read by this author and I loved it. I was kept in suspense the entire time and had trouble putting it down.
Rhonda Ziglar
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 FABULOUS STARS!! Kristin Mayer's has done it again, her stories are fabulous and captivating, every single word. She always gives us all the feels with true love, suspense and fantastic characters. You will not be able to put down Drake and Alexa's story. Do yourself a favor and 1-click this book, it is so worth the money. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Kerry
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-suspence, ku
I have to say that I just loved this book! I loved the second chance romance and mystery/suspense angle. Despite external forces, it is clear that Drake and Lex truly love each other. Drake definitely made me swoon. Yes, some of it was probably a little over the top, but it totally won me over. I also liked the setup with Drake's brothers and can't wait for the next story!
Ashley
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad I went back and gave this book a second chance. Really liked the story filled with second chance love, suspense, mystery and a passion that could never break. Lexi and Drake's love was beautiful and I can't wait for Hayden's book.
Carola
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cathy lynne smith
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, pleasurable read

This storyline was full, full, full!! So much so that at times it seemed the author couldn't fully develop the plot. Also, some of the writing seemed somewhat elementary.
Leah Schultz
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars but I'll round up..

Two years apart with no closure and now they almost just pick back up right where they left off almost immediately? I could have used a little more angst with them rekindling what they had before. But while the romance part of the book took off too fast, the plot itself seemed a little slow going. Then about 1/2 way through the pace picked up and I enjoyed the second half of the book a lot more than the first half. There was an element of suspense, that was honestly
Lindsey
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!

This book was so good! Drake and Alexa’s story was heartbreaking but so beautiful. The writing in this book pulled me in instantly and I couldn’t get enough.
Nina Wallace
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awwww, why are books based in Alaska always so good?
Laundry
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m just going to start by saying two things – one, I have never wanted to visit Alaska before. However, after reading this book, it’s officially on my bucket list. Two? This is a book about Alexa and Drake’s second chance at love, however, I think somehow I’m going to add Hollis to my book boyfriend list instead of Drake. Apparently I have a thing for socially awkward doctors. Who knew?

Story Line: Alexa and Drake are high school sweethearts -turned soul mates. Tragedy strikes and Lex’s dad pass
Franci Neill
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Getting the Second Chance You’ve Been Dreaming About Stars!!!

One of the things I love most about Ms. Mayer and her books is she has the ability to switch genres from book to book. Sometimes we get an all-out love story complete with swooning and romance and hot and steamy scenes with the H/h and then she’ll turn around and write a romantic suspense that literally has the “who done it” scene that I NEVER saw coming. This is what we got with Intoxicated by You.

Drake and Alexa had been in love
Rebecca Austin
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Alexa left town two years ago after the death of her father and receiving a letter telling her to end things with her boyfriend, Drake Foster. Now she has returned to Skagway with her friend, Dr. Hollis Fritz to open up a medical clinic.

Unfortunately once Alexa sees Drake she realizes that she still has feelings for him and she must deal with explaining the past.

Soon Alexa realizes there is something more sinister going on in Skagway around land that is wanted by Milano Incorporation and land th
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
4.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
Romantic suspense is one of my favourite sub-genres because it mixes my love of romance and suspense thrillers. I love going along for the ride as my favourite characters fall in love, feeling their emotional connection grow and their desires change with each turn of the page. I also love the intensity of a suspense read, and the action and twists weaved into the story. Intoxicated By You delivered on all fronts. It was sweet, sexy, and mysterious.

Drake Foster is everything, I'd
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Romance Retreat: Second Chance Romance 2 53 Oct 30, 2018 11:30AM

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Desired (Wanted, #6)
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • Don't Be Afraid
  • Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Lyric (Rebel, #1)
  • You and Me (Together, #2)
  • All I Need
  • Beautiful Lessons
  • Rhett (Signature Sweethearts #4)
  • My Kinda Wedding: A Summer Sisters Novella

Exposed Hearts (3 books)
  • Wrecked For You (Exposed Hearts, #2)
  • Changed By You (Exposed Hearts, #2)
“Thank you… for everything. You helped make one of my dreams come true.” Dragging his nose along mine, he said, “And I will spend the rest of my life helping you achieve your dreams. Every one of them.” 0 likes
“Make it a triple espresso and bring me my hammer. I need to feel Alaskan.” I laughed as we entered his kitchen. Yep, Dr. Hollis Fritz had been bitten by the lovebug. Hard.” 0 likes