Start by marking “If” as Want to Read:
If

If

If you knew love would hurt you, would you fall? If you knew love would leave you, would you let it go? If you knew love could never be, would you try? From bestselling author Randi Cooley Wilson comes a love story about heartbreak, second chances, and letting go. The ifs that linger between the pages of this novel will break your heart and stay with you long after the fin ...more
Paperback, 1st edtion, 350 pages
Published December 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about If, please sign up.
Randi Wilson Hi. It's currently on Kindle. Thanks!…moreHi. It's currently on Kindle. Thanks!(less)
Randi Wilson It did! It's live on all platforms. <3…moreIt did! It's live on all platforms. <3(less)

Start your review of If
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
20-08-2020-13-02-09-5600000

📚 “𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙞𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙, 𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣, 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙨𝙣’𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚, 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙛𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧.” 📚

This story had TREMENDOUS potential - but something didn't work for me. 💙
The writing was flat, the characters annoyed me, their actions were dumb - and the whole reason why they couldn't be together all these years, was the STUPIDEST REASON I have ever read in "Second Chance" romance books!!!
I must add that the cover is absolutely beautiful and the na
Kristen
1.5 to 2 Stars

You know, it always breaks my heart a little when I can tell a book and it’s unfortunate characters have potential but sadly get deprived of that potential through unoriginality, lack of engaging characterization, and ridiculous cliches. I could almost hear these poor characters begging the reader not to buy into all the crap shoveled at them or the stupid decisions placed upon their shoulders.

If could have been a great second chance at romance story IF only the mediocre and ster
warhawke
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Angst whore
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

When Lincoln Daniels and Emerson Shaw first met, the attraction was irrefutable. He was the notorious bad boy, while she was the sheltered princess. They tried to fight against it but it only brought them misery. But being together didn’t turn out to be any easier.

“I’m the kind of guy who brings darkness into your world as I destroy it. And you.”

This book had me at the hypnotic cover. It was dark and depressi
✴ Cindy ✴
I originally wrote this review when I decided to give up and DNF at 50%. I came back and finished. YAY ME....NOT

Lincoln was a moody asshole. He might have had a horrible childhood, but the way he treated Emerson was disgusting. He was a whore. And she excused him. Every time. There was nothing redeemable about him.

A lot of reviewers didn't like that she cheated on her boyfriend with Lincoln, but they weren't that serious and they were 18. Jeez, if you're going to make mistakes, that's the time
CC
3.5 Stars

Emerson Shaw is from an affluent family yet she’s always rebelled against the superficiality surrounding her. In beginning college, she is finally away family pressure yet still remains in her safety zone until meeting a boy that instantly sparks a connection.

“Something inside me wants to tell him that he’s full of shit. Even though I don’t know him, I sense that there is more to him than this bad-boy persona he’s trying to give off.”

By earning a baseball scholarship, Lincoln Daniel
HMS
Quick and predictable read about a tattooed bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks (but he drives a Range Rover he was gifted by his small New England uni because that is allowed by NCAA rules to play baseball but isn't good enough for the majors)who falls in love with a beautiful trust fund baby with a magnetic and electric vagina. Bad boy's steely pole is of course immediately attracted.

OK, with that snarky paragraph, you would think I would have disliked this, but I didn't. I ha
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
It was okay story to read, but left me with a feeling something was missing. I couldn't connect with story completely- to dig into it 100%. Their relationship felt a little disconnected, not beliveable - their behavior seemed too abrupt.
Lincoln's dark side was mentioned so many times, but at the end I didn't get it - his past wasn't so horibble as it was indicated all the time during the story. It was exaggeration without cause.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
“I was wrong.” He says.
“About what?” I pant, staring at him.
“I thought I was going to destroy you. It turns out, you’re going to ruin me.”

‘If’ was one of our most anticipated releases this year. We’ve stalked this author for months, eagerly awaiting news of its release. That cover, and the gripping synopsis promised an angsty and gut-wrenching story, and one we were desperate and thrilled to finally it be able to read this week.
We can’t begin to say how disappointed we are to reveal that s
Wil Loves Books!
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-kindle, 2019
I had a love hate relationship with this book while reading it, loved some parts, hated some parts. This is a new to me author, I hadn’t even heard her name before this, but I picked it up when someone recommended it as if you liked (insert book), then you’ll like this one. That cover is freaking gorgeous, so what the heck, I went for it. I think what frustrates me the more is that I really liked the writing, and the story had so much potential, it could’ve been brilliant.

On the plus side, this
nikki
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my word. THIS BOOK!
Lincoln and Emerson are both complex characters and when their worlds collide things aren’t ever the same again for either of them. My heart aches so much while reading their story and not always in a good way; they both made some decisions that would go on to cause major hurt, not only for themselves but also those around them. It really was an emotional ride.
Ann
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I just devoured this book! I was up until 4 am reading and woke up at 8 am to finish. I haven’t done that with a book in awhile! I’ve been waiting for this book for months and it did not disappoint.
This kind of love story is my favorite. It’s an all consuming, protective, deep connection that time can never sever no matter how many hurdles are in the way. True, unconditional love that’s worth sacrifice and time. I loved Emerson and Lincoln’s story so much and it was worth the wait. It had
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“I was so worried about protecting your heart, I didn’t realize mine was in danger.”

This book gave off a real Beautiful Disaster vibe to me but not quite as crazy and definitely not as angsty.

Lincoln and Emerson meet in college and are instantly drawn to each other. He's the bad boy but she can't stay away. He doesn't want to hurt her and he just doesn't do "love".

She can only take so much of the push and pull so when an internship comes up in London, she takes off having no idea how
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
2.5 STARS

I like angst and I even can appreciate a good cheating storyline... but there's gotta be some meat on those bones. There's nothing that sets this book apart from every other NA college romance. Nothing, unfortunately. We don't even really get to know these characters well at all before they're lusting after each other. I don't know. There was just a lot missing on these pages starting with some good quality character development. I never got a good feel for them as individuals so I nev
Alaina
Not going to lie, I definitely picked this book on my kindle because of the cover. It seemed pretty cool and I wanted to know what the book would hold for my eyes.

If is a second chance at romance kind of book. In it, you will meet Lincoln and Emerson. They met while in college and kind of had a roller coaster kind of romance. They friends with benefits that constantly hurt one another. Everything was kind of based on what if. They fell for each other pretty quickly but it was a bit frustrating t
Bea
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That’s how I feel after reading this awesomeness! I had tiny little butterflies floating in my stomach through this whole experience. I have never read a book from this author nor had I ever heard of her. I did however come across the book cover and fell in love right away! The cover is dark, sexy and seductive and I wanted to know what it was about. I loved this story! The ups and downs were so frustrating but that’s my favourite part. It kept me engaged and wanting more. My paperbacks in the m ...more
Julie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED, LOVED!

Can someone find me a beautifully broken Lincoln? Emerson was a perfect character. I was so pulled in by this story. Not one moment was dull. What a brilliant mind to think up a story like this. Reality for us all in life the "what if's"
Aleisha Maree
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG in love

I'm still mind blown and speechless..
Randi is a new author to me and IF is the first book I have read of hers.. I'm addicted.. I'm in love... I can't get enough...
If a Novel is everything and more.. If I hadn't stumbled across this book one day I woukd never have gotten to fall in love with these two Stella characters.. Randi made me fall in love with IFs..
Lincon is just mmmmm delish and Emerson is just what this troubled boy needs to realize that the IFs are beautiful.. They both nee
Danielle Harris
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you think that cover is 🔥wait til you read this book. It's way hotter!

I'm so lost for words! This book literally had me captivated, swooning, broke me, healed me, and left me a crumbling mess! So many emotions so empowering. This is my first book by this author and sure as heck won't be my last!

This is a guy wrenching story about two broken people Em and Lincoln. They both run into many obstacles when it comes to their attraction. Can they find their way, or are they doomed by destruction?

Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars, emotional
4,5 💞💔💔💞 ⚡️amazing ⚡️🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️❣️❣️

“Mistakes can easily become regrets.”
Only this....
Michelle
Pali
May 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: waiting-release
the cover is just 😍😍😍
Candace Tidwell
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! If is mesmerizing and addictive. Emerson and Lincoln's chemistry is off the charts. Prepare to get comfy prior to reading because once you start there is no stopping. ...more
BookSmackedMel
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok so first and foremost before we get into the review, can we admire this amazing cover. It’s what instantly had me wanting to read this book. That and the title had me thinking ok I’m going to be in for some angst, I can feel it in my angst addicted soul. You see I didn’t read the blurb, because well I normally don’t, so I’ve gone into this completely blind as per usual. It’s how I prefer to read.

So first things first, that initial meeting between Emerson and Lincoln just had me. I could feel
Rosanna
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Usually it takes me no time to read books. I’m engaged in the story. I’m feeling it. I’m loving it. Especially all of Randi’s books.
This time around it took me three solid days to get this book done. And it’s definitely not because I didn’t like it. Notice I gave it 5 stars.
This book was too much for my heart. I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I felt too much for Emerson and Lincoln. The crap they go through is amazing. How Lincoln is drowning in sorrow, regret and self pi
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
“I was wrong.” He says.
“About what?” I pant, staring at him.
“I thought I was going to destroy you. It turns out, you’re going to ruin me.”

We can’t begin to say how disappointed we are to reveal that sa
Shyralf
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 Stars! I absolutely adored this book! College and second chance Romance. Emerson and Lincoln had such great chemistry. I love the flow of their story, there was no over the top situations and unnecessary dramas. This book was even keel. There was a lot of angst, but it was all warranted and needed for the journey these two had to go through.

I also loved the fact that this story was told primarily from the heroine’s POV, it felt more authentic and tru to the story and the characte
Karmin
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One word- Captivating...
I don’t know if there is a better word for this book. The story that is told is heartbreaking and intoxicating. It takes your heart to the highest highs and the lowest lows. It will break you down and build you back up within a page. Its fun and witty and REAL! I LOVED this book so much I think I’ll read it a few times. 😍
Angela
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Bozena
Jul 25, 2020 rated it liked it
"Some things are just not meant to be. No matter how hard we try to make them so, or how much we want them."

This is a second or more precisely 🤔 4th chance YA romance.
I don't exactly know how to begin or describe this book therefore I'll just compare my feelings to the quote from this book.
Because that's exactly how I would describe this book and me 🤷🏻‍♀️
It's a story about two people that needed 5 years and countless times of trying to find to each other.
It was really great and promising at t
This Literary Life
What if....

The what if’s in life can wrap themselves around you and steal your breath. They can weigh you down and drown you before you even have the chance to truly live. This is the story of those ‘if’s’. Firstly, I absolutely love the title of this book. It is amazing (as is that cover!) This story had me in the first chapter. My heart was all twisted in the best way, and I was already so invested in Em and Lincoln’s story. The why’s, the how’s, and the what if’s. I can’t imagine it told bett

• A Place Without You
  • Pricked
  • The Consequence of Falling
  • When Ashes Fall (Moments in Boston, #1)
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Beneath His Stars (Stars Duet, #1)
  • In Her Space (Stars Duet, #2)
  • River Wild
  • Brant’s Return
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Nothing Personal
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Method
  • Amnesia
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Broken Love (Blinded Love #2)
  • Cards of Love: The Sun
Randi Cooley Wilson is an award-winning, bestselling author of The Revelation Series, The Royal Protector Academy Novels, The Dark Soul Trilogy and the upcoming Knightress Series. Randi's books have been featured on Good Morning America, British Glamour Magazine, USA Today's HEA Section, and in the Emmy's Gifting Suite. Her books range in genre, and include contemporary romance, urban fantasy, and ...more

News & Interviews

“He wants me, and he wants me to know just how much he wants me. Which makes me want him all the more.” 1 likes
“No matter how much pain it has caused,
no matter how many tears have fallen,
sometimes love isn’t meant to be,
leaving the ifs to linger.”
1 likes