Start by marking “Anne Frank (Little People, Big Dreams)” as Want to Read:
Anne Frank (Little People, Big Dreams)

Anne Frank

(Pequeña & GRANDE #13)

Little Anne was born in Germany to a liberal Jewish family. But when the Nazis came into power she was forced to go into hiding with her family.

The Little People, Big Dreams Series:

With stylish and quirky il
Published August 2nd 2018 by Frances Lincoln Publishers Ltd (first published May 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Anne Frank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne Frank

[Shai] Bibliophage
The Diary of Anne Frank is the very first book about the Holocaust that I've read when I was still young. I was already in my adolescence years when I read it and her life story made an impact on me. When I saw that the Little People, Big Dreams has dedicated a children's story book about this remarkable young lady, I immediately grabbed the chance to check it out.
Little People, Big Dreams: Anne Frank
I love how this particular book is different from the other book in the series because of how it was vividly illustrated by S
Hilary
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Another book from a series that tries to tackle subjects that are too complex or disturbing to convey to young readers so does it in a way that is confusing and leaves lots of important/disturbing parts out.

The drawings are strange, Anne drawn age 4 looks like a doll with an adults head. Hitler is described as 'an ugly man comes to power'. I think that description is confusing for a child, he could have had the face of an angel, that has no bearing on his actions or personality. As I've said bef
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Excellent introduction to Anne Frank for very young children - just enough information without overwhelming them.
Emma
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A digital copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This series is always a joy to read, it’s a really nice introduction to well known women for little children. Of course the plot is always a little bit fast but that’s to be expected and it’s totally understandable.
I've read a lot of books about Anne Frank and I think this is a good introduction to her life. I loved the fact that the illustrator chose to put the focus on the diary by leavi
I love this series as a whole. I think it’s a great series that I would definitely recommend. I did have a few issues with this particular book though. While I completely agree that Anne Frank’s story should be told to kids, I’m not sure if this is the best way to do it. I know Anne’s story so it wasn’t hard for me to follow this book but I think it might confuse kids. It also kind of sugarcoats what happened to Anne and Jewish people, especially in regards to concentration camps. Then again, bl ...more
Kirsty
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
What an incredible book. The artwork is gorgeous (the repeated bird motif works beautifully), and seeing Anne Frank's hopeful face gazing out at the reader is heart-wrenching. A vital book for all children.
Julia
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Another wonderful addition to the Little People library. Anne Frank's short life is explained in short paragraphs and wonderful illustrations.
Another great board book, early picture book biography int he Series of Little People, Big Dreams, series. This time, a veery simplified version of the diary of Anne Frank.

The pictures are cartoony, yet match the photos we have of her.

Anne Frank
Anne frank

Tragic story, well told. Great way to get kids interested in the book, and history.

#AnneFrank #NetGalley

Thanks to Netgalley for giving me this book for an honest review.
Etienne
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book that's part of some kind of little collection from this author who presented in a simple way, kind of short biography for kids, great woman in various «field of activity». This one is about Anne Frank and is marvelously illustrated, amazing arts, all black and white but really good. And the story present the sad and dramatic story of this young girl. Perfect if you want your kid to know about her.
Daniella Traill
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne Frank’s Diary is a book most children will probably read at school, it gives children their first glimpse at a very big and awful part of history through the eyes of a child. And this incredible picture book allows an even younger audience to learn about Anne and her family. Anne as a young Jewish girl must go into hiding when Hitler becomes the leader of Germany. The book follows her life writing her diary, focusing on her writing and how the world learned about the Holocaust through the e ...more
Karen Nelson
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderfully written book about Anne Frank for young readers! Having heard recently that young people know little about the Holocaust, this book is a perfect way to keep the history alive, so that we can not forget the horror of the Nazi era.

The illustrations are appropriate for the topic, done in black and white, with the exception of the diary. The text explains, without getting into the horror inappropriately for the age of the reader, why and how this story came to be. This is a perfe
Sandra
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: infantil-juvenil
Creo que es una buena opción para que las niñas y niños conozcan a personas relevantes de manera sencilla y aunque se que falta datos lo más relevante está y adaptado a su edad, para mi es altamente recomendado, ojalá cuando fuera pequeña tuviera este tipo de libros al alcance para fomentar la curiosidad.
Debbie Smith
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of the newest additions to the Little People, BIG DREAMS series. It is very brief, and could even be considered a watered-down version of the Anne Frank story. With young children, I understand not going into depth, but having a few more sentences might have helped the story. As an example, the word "Nazis" is used with no explanation. The book's first sentence

"Anne was a little Jewish girl who was born in Germany."

might have benefited from a simple definition of Jewish. Concentrati
Myndi
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-2018
Little People, Big Dreams is a series of nonfiction children’s books focused on famous women, past and present. Anne Frank is the third I’ve read in this series and it is quite different from the earlier two (Jane Austen and Mother Teresa)! While the illustrations were wonderful, the subject matter called for a more serious tone. Most of the illustrations are in black and white, while Anne’s diary is a bright orange and yellow gingham. There is also a fair amount of symbolism in the pictures, wh ...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
New in the Little People, Big Dreams series, discover the incredible life of Anne Frank. The text and illustrations show Anne as a child in Frankfurt until Hitler comes to power when she is four. Her family flees to Holland to start a new life. Unfortunately Hitler and the Nazis move into Holland and the family if forced into hiding. Anne receives a diary from her parents on her 13th birthday where she records the events in her life. The author, Isabel Sanchez Vegara has penned a child friendly ...more
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I've read a 'Little People, Big Dreams' book and I have to say I am impressed. I believe these books are pitched at 4-7 year olds and the level of information seems to be right.

I enjoyed the illustrations that accompany the telling of Anne's story and how her diary came to be published, and also the short section at the back with a greater level of detail that may be more suited towards older readers.

I would highly recommend these books to those with younger children just
Katja
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky to get an e-arc of this title from netgalley.com.
Anne Frank is the second book in this series I read, and I already know I’ll get my hands on the rest of them.
The book beautifully describes Anne Franks life with an easy to read text. There’s not a lot of words on each page, which leads you to pay extra attention to the beautiful drawings.
The drawings in Anne Frank are darker and there is not a lot of colours. The fewer colours make the colours stand out more. While I understand the
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Another lovely addition to the Little People, Big Dreams series! The illustrations are quite different from previous books in this series but are absolutely beautiful, enhancing the brief story of the life of Anne Frank. Anne's diary captured my heart as a young girl and this story is the perfect introduction for young/emerging readers to learn about her short life and the impact she left on the world.
Thanks to Frances Lincoln Publishers and NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for my hone
Laura Gorman
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gorgeous children's book about one of history's most famous diarists. The story is simple but powerful and accompanied by beautiful illustrations. There is also a fact-filled two page of text at the end to wrap it all up and explain the timeline of the story that accompanies the simple picture book. This is part of a series of book which I would recommend for all children so they can see that there have been some amazing women in history.
Alpowell
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne Frank is such an important story and Isabel Sanchez Vegara writes it in a way that children can understand. The subject matter is still a little too difficult for my kids but not for much longer and I will be reading this to them at that point.
Rogene Carter
The most gorgeously illustrated of the series so far. I was completely enthralled to see Anne's story told in such a frank and beautiful manner.
Afoma Umesi
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this series! This is such a beautiful way to learn about historical figures. Especially love the simple language and stunning photos in this one.
Ana
Beautifully told and illustrated biography of Anne Frank. Suited for younger audiences, it alludes to the evil that befell her without traumatizing young readers.
Mieke Schepens
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoriet
Allereerst wil ik iets zeggen over de tekeningen en de gebruikte kleuren.
Alle tekeningen zijn in zwart-wit, behalve de afbeelding van het dagboek van Anne Frank. Die heeft een mooie gekleurde ruit die zowel aan de voorkant als achterkant terugkomt aan de binnenkant van het boek.
De tekeningen benadrukken heel goed de sfeer waarin dit verhaal zich afspeelt. Je ziet de hoop maar ook de angst op de gezichten. Heel mooi gedaan!

Het verhaal over Anne Frank is zoals het door de auteur neergezet is, ook
FLAMES (Mariana Oliveira & Roberta Frontini)
Quem segue o blog sabe que sou absolutamente perdida por livros infantis... Para além de adorar lê-los (e gosto muito mais de os ler agora do que quando era pequena), acredito que podem ter um papel muito importante nos mais novos.
Estes dois são completamente deliciosos. Gosto imenso de Anne Frank e de tudo o que se relaciona com a Segunda Guerra Mundial, por isso mesmo este livro me ficou no coração. Para além deste livro contar a história de uma rapariga extraordinária, as ilustrações a preto
Jeanie  {coffee girl}
Today, I am reading Anne Frank by Isabel Sanchez Vegara. This book was recently published on July 31st, I received a Digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

The following was shared by the publisher, Quarto Publishing Group - Frances Lincoln Children's: New in the Little People, Big Dreams series, discover the life of Anne Frank, the writer whose diary captured the hearts of the public, in this true story of her life. Little Anne was born in Germ
Janet
This is in English as the book I read was in English and this was the only "link" I could find on Goodreads.

From the publisher ---

New in the Little People, Big Dreams series, discover the life of Anne Frank, the writer whose diary captured the hearts of the public, in this true story of her life. Little Anne was born in Germany to a liberal Jewish family. But when the Nazis came into power sh
Wayne McCoy
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, non-fiction
'Little People, Big Dreams #13: Anne Frank' by Mª Isabel Sánchez Vegara with
illustrations by Sveta Dorosheva seemed like a difficult task. Tell the story of Anne Frank in a picture book for young readers without traumatizing them.

For those unfamiliar, Anne Frank lived in Germany during the worst time for a young Jewish girl to live there. She is famous for keeping a diary which has gone on to be world famous. She was forced to hide with her family, but they were discovered, and all we have left
Ruksana
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of the little people big dreams series. Each one that I have read is as good as the next one.

Aimed at young readers they tackle huge events in history in a delicate way.

Anne Frank's diary is the most famous diary of all time and it's gently introduced to a young audience. Not losing the context in which it was written her life has touched so many people in so many ways.

The illustrations depict so elegantly how Anne's diary must be received. One of a beautiful soul.

The story wi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara, born in Barcelona, Spain, is a writer and creative director perhaps best known as the author of much of the Little People, Big Dreams series. Each book tells the childhood story of one of the world's female icons in an entertaining, conversational way that works well for the youngest nonfiction readers, allowing them to identify with the characters in each story.

Pequeña & GRANDE (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Coco Chanel (Little People, Big Dreams, #1)
  • Frida Kahlo (Little People, Big Dreams, #2)
  • Audrey Hepburn (Pequeña & GRANDE, #3)
  • Amelia Earhart (Pequeña & GRANDE, #4)
  • Agatha Christie (Pequeña & GRANDE, #5)
  • Marie Curie (Little People, Big Dreams, #6)
  • Ella Fitzgerald (Pequeña & GRANDE, #7)
  • Dian Fossey (Pequeña & GRANDE, #8)
  • Gloria Fuertes (Pequeña & GRANDE, #9)
  • Ada Lovelace (Little People, Big Dreams, #10)