Start by marking “The Perfect Bride” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Bride

The Perfect Bride

(Winds of Change)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Avice Touchet has always dreamed of marrying for love and that love would be her best friend, Philip Greslet. She’s waited five years for him to see her as the woman she’s become but when a visiting lord arrives with secrets that could put her father in prison, Avice must consider a sacrificial marriage.

Philip Greslet has worked his whole life for one thing—to be a castel
Published April 18th 2018 by Forget Me Not Romances, a division of Winged Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Bride

Lynda Edwards
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I have really enjoyed Debbie Lynne Costello's work before, both in full-length novels and in her shorter work. Even knowing this, I was a bit surprised at how fully this novella really captured my imagination from the beginning. I found myself relating to Avice and her frustrations as she dealt with Philip's often thick-headedness.

Costello writes in a way that really draws me into the time, not just the dialogue, but also the narration, descriptions, and word choice--like her use of the word "h
Anne
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Perfect Bride is an immensely enjoyable read. The setting was described in such intricate detail I had no trouble imagining myself walking the dusty roads along with Avice or watching Philip practice sword fighting. I was hooked on the characters and their story, laughing at times and even talking to them (okay, to Philip mostly) a time or two. Lots of sweet moments between them but frustrating ones as well. Philip is a little blind to Avice's love for him, so much so at times I wanted to bo ...more
Rebecca
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
"He knew her desire. To marry for love."

Then why does the man who fulfills her every dream for the future still think of her as his "little bird"? It would be infuriating, if it wasn't so sad. Philip Greslet has been Avice's best friend since childhood, but perhaps his dream of becoming a castellan has clouded his thinking to the point of fortifying his heart.

Will Phillip endure watching Avice Touchet marry another, as she determines to protect those whom she loves the most? Enjoy this simple,
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Bride is another Medieval Era story by Debbie Lynne Costello. I have read just about everything she has written and she has never disappointed. This one is no exception. I was captivated with Avice and Philip’s story from the start. I had no problem reading the whole novella in just a couple of hours.
I give The Perfect Bride a well deserved 5 plus stars. I highly recommend it! It is definitely money well spent.
English
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read the full review tomorrow on my website for my Blog Tour post.
Karen Martin
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was so cute and sweet! I love any friends turned lovers story, and this one really set apart. Avice and Philip have great chemistry, even if she’s head over heels in love and he’s completely oblivious. They’re so fun to watch, bantering about and goofing off, even in the sweeter moments. But, when a visiting lord has taken note of Avice, could she find herself the wife of such a man, or will Philip finally figure out that the woman he’s been waiting for could be right beside him the e ...more
Lucy
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a quick, entertaining read then look no farther. This is a long novella and captures time and place so well. I loved that it had a glossary at the beginning for words from the time period, 1399 England, that might not be recognized readily. The twist at the end was done so well that you didn’t see it coming. Kudos to the author for making this book go so smoothly in so few pages, as it is complete and leaves you smiling.
I received a complimentary copy from the author. The
Betti
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely story with a little suspense thrown in. The ways and traditions of many years ago seem very foreign to us. This novella is set in Medieval times where moving up in your career meant leaving all you knew and pledging allegiance to a new Lord. A noble ambition, to be sure, but was it worth leaving the one you really loved? Would reaching that goal really be worth all that was left behind?
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.
Joan Arning
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
An unexpected ending at the castle! Avice and Philip are great main characters who have been friends since childhood but Avice realizes she loves Philip! I usually think of life in a medieval castle as being rather serious but the secondary characters of Lord Bryce and Lord Prescott have a great sense of humor! I recommend The Perfect Bride to anyone who enjoys historical fiction. I received a complimentary e-book from the author, Debbie Lynne Costello. This is my honest opinion.
Kay M
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little read connected to the Winds of Change series, but stands alone and can be read anytime you want a quick, entertaining, medieval story. The well-written novella includes relatable characters, romance, a bit of suspense and even some great humor. Don’t miss reading The Perfect Bride.
Connie
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of Debbie Lynne's books. This one had some real twists and turns, and as soon as I thought I had it all figured out, it took another turn altogether. A great story, and a really fun read. Highly recommend!
Robin
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful medieval love story. Well written and most engaging. There was a twist of an ending that I truly did not see coming. Highly recommend. I received an Advance Reader Copy from the author. Opinions are my own.

Deanna Stevens
Shelves: 2018-read
I really enjoyed this romantic medieval love story. Best friends in love but not telling how they feel.. A little suspense, another wanting her hand in marriage and a romantic ending! Love how this author tells a tale! I was gifted a copy and my review is voluntary..
Marguerite Gray
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Debbie Costello for another intriguing novella set in 1399 England. I always feel like I am there in the midst of the turmoil of the middle Ages.
Deon
Natalie
Oct 01, 2018
added it
Jul 05, 2018
Christian Book Gi...: Book of Choice by Debbie Lynne Costello ends 5/19/18 1 5 May 12, 2018 08:10AM

Winds of Change (1 books)
  • Sword of Forgiveness (Winds of Change #1)