Start by marking “Enough of Me” as Want to Read:
Enough of Me

Enough of Me

Enough of Me: Winning the Tug-of-War Between Our Flesh and Our Mission, an 8-Week Bible Study

I'm living the dream in my fancy-pants world, and I've got the Instagram feed to prove it.
Who am I kidding? I'm literally holding it together with one more cup of coffee, yesterday's dry shampoo, and a prayer.
So I finally said enough. Enough of me. I'm bidding farewell to cha
Published April 13th 2018 by Ambassador International

To ask other readers questions about Enough of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enough of Me

Start your review of Enough of Me
Meagan
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book. I feel like the author saw into my head and put everything I needed to hear on paper. (Or, in my case, a PDF on my iPad.) She writes so engagingly, I laughed out loud on a regular basis, and was hard pressed to not keep reading more than one day's worth of devotions!

Truly an entertaining, raw, honest, challenging book. I could relate to so much Peters shared, and felt like we were just sitting across from each other at a coffee shop, enjoying friendship and community.

Highly re
Fizzy
I just have to say I LOVE things like this. Journals, devotionals, planners. I love the slice of life that comes with it, the personal musings of the original author. And the scriptural applications they took away from their personal musings. Some of my best thoughts come from personal musings and letting my mind take wind when I focus on a concept. I mean come on, how do you think Fizzified was born. Years ago I came up with some of my best wanderings driving to and from work. Of course now I h ...more
Karen
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“There are days when I’m running faster to my Facebook feed than I am to the word of God and I’m wondering why I don’t understand God’s will.”

Hits you in the face, doesn’t it? Priscilla Peters has written a thought-provoking, personally challenging 8-week bible study to help us better understand how to recognize and break down the barriers between our flesh and our mission in obedience to Christ. She uses personal experiences, biblical references, and poses lots of insightful, meaningful questio
Rosalyn
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quote: "Does the people-pleasing, comparison game ever trip you up? Maybe you’re like me, and the desire to be liked, adored, and praised by others overwhelms you to the core."

So...this book caught my attention almost from the first page. Yes, I'm sad to say, but way more than I'd like to admit to it, I give in to that whole people-pleasing game. When I was given the chance to read and review this book, I jumped for it.

I am desperately wanting to know how to let go and let God! Forget about plea
Leslie M.
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Peters’ latest is a relatable, practical eight-week Bible study that would be perfect for individuals or small groups. The author includes a number of personal stories and points that are likely to hit home with many women. Peters combines humor and honesty to reinforce the reminder that we need “enough of me and more of Jesus.” She leads the reader in identifying the barriers that could be holding them back from being where God wants them to be. There is so much information provided to think ab ...more
Connie Carpenter
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enough of me is a phenomenal Bible study. Enough of me --- more of Jesus. I loved the personal stories that are intertwined in this study. I loved the thought provoking questions that they ask in the study. One of the things that I learned is that Jesus is enough. God sent him for me. If you want to grow closer to God, fill the emptiness that you are feeling, this is a great place to start. I would love to do this study with a group of women - it would be awesome to hear their stories.

I received
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
An interesting devotional. Several good illustrations & points. I was alittle put off by her consistent references to her former job, but understand that that is what she relates to. This is not a book that I would recommend to a conservative Christian, but she does have several examples & references that are very good! There is a nice question/answer section as well:-)

I received a copy of this book as a gift with no obligations. All opinions expressed are my own.
Daphne Self
Norma
Mar 04, 2020

• More Than These: A Woman’s Love for God
  • The Love Letter
  • Making Thinking Visible: How to Promote Engagement, Understanding, and Independence for All Learners
  • It Wasn't Me
  • Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings
  • A Vast and Gracious Tide
Speaker.
Author.
Advertising executive.
Blended family survivor.
Seriously inappropriate laugher.

Priscilla is a professional storyteller.

Whether it's words on a page, chit chat over coffee, or sharing her own journey in a packed auditorium – there will be laughs, there might be tears, and fun is sure to be had.

There’s no tellin’ where this narrator of life will take you, but you will cackle, you will

News & Interviews