Start by marking “Malice” as Want to Read:
Malice

Malice

The perfect life becomes the perfect nightmare in a twisting novel of psychological suspense from #1 USA Today bestselling author Jennifer Jaynes…

Dr. Daniel Winters is living a fairy-tale life. He has a beachfront home in Malibu, a career as a respected pediatrician at a thriving Los Angeles practice, and a gorgeous new wife, Mia. For a man whose past was rife with mental
Published September 25th 2018 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Malice, please sign up.
Laura Basaldua Its not a series its just the Authors thrillers.
The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
Disturbed & Malice
not a series but The Stranger Inside is the…more
Its not a series its just the Authors thrillers.
The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
Disturbed & Malice
not a series but The Stranger Inside is the 4th book in a series.(less)

Start your review of Malice
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unputdownable—this book shows how quickly a perfect life can unravel. You will start the book thinking you know where it is heading, and then you will find yourself at the end with a completely unexpected twist in the plot. I tore through this book in a day and half, putting aside every commitment I could so I could race to that shocking ending!

About the Book

Dr. Daniel Winters is out one evening after a work meeting when he meets the perfect woman. Mia is drop-dead gorgeous—a type Daniel would
sue
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I seem to be on a roll of good luck with books lately, but then....this is the author Jennifer Jaynes I’m talking about whose previous books left me in awe of her plots.

This time it’s based around a drug company and the ethics plus the unethical ways that medicine can been exploited, no, patients. In fact this takes on pre school children.

It’s a drug that Daniel Winters a pediatrician is well aware of the reported side effects, serious side effects.
But is Daniel right? After all didn’t he
Michelle
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
How can I describe a Jennifer Jaynes novel to you?

Well, it's kind of like biting into a slice of good NY style pizza. The thin charred crust, spicy marninara, and ooey gooey cheese that stretches perfectly from lip to slice. You tell yourself I'm only having one slice and then you realize you've devoured it all and you don't feel a damn bit guilty about it. You just sit back and smile in satisfaction. That's what reading a Jennifer Jaynes novel is like.

I'm also starving but that's besides the
Kendall
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
You want to know the one thing that I absolutely love about Jaynes? She is FANTASTIC at grabbing her readers in the first page and taking them on one heck of a ride!

Ok... phew where do I start with this one? The first chapter leaves you wanting more and let me tell you why! "He was also blissfully unaware that his life was about to change in every way imaginable - and within a year's time one of them would be dead and the other would be on the run."

I was so anxious to get rolling with this one
Donna Backshall
Edit: After a couple days of mulling over the messages of this novel, it's becoming clearer to me that this is alarmist anti-vaxxer propaganda masquerading as a fiction novel. No wonder the character development and story were so embarrassingly flimsy.

I "did my research" and went to a few anti-vaxxer conspiracy sites to see why this novel bothered me so much. That's when I discovered that Malice uses all the buzz and trigger words of the anti-vaxxer community. I'm changing my rating from three
Carrie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Confession time. I’ve read a couple of Jennifer Jaynes previous books and absolutely loved them so seeing her name on this one I didn’t even bother reading the blurb and just grabbed it. I don’t know if not having a clue what I would begin reading was a good thing but obviously by my rating I made the right choice.

So anyway… about the book in case no one else is as daring as I am and doesn’t just jump in blind. Daniel Winters is a successful pediatrician who has just returned from his honeymoon
Felicia
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a troubled childhood, conquering an alcohol addiction and years of hard work, Dr David Winters is living his best life. His career as a pediatrician is soaring and he's recently married the woman of his dreams, Mia.

This is a short fast read that I flew through in one day. The story kept my attention from beginning
Nazanin
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Babydimps (Suzy)
4 STRONG stars!

Holy wow! This was my first Jennifer Jaynes novel and it definitely won’t be my last. Can you really trust your pediatrician? Any doctor who has you or your family’s life in their hands?

When a book grabs my attention from the first page, I know it’s gonna be a heck of a ride! This book did that. In fact, it held my attention the whole time. Not once did it lag. I think one of the scariest aspects of this book was the fact that this could really happen in real life - to anyone.
Luvtoread
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, suspenseful, medical thriller with a touch of romance and I was sorry to see the story end.

The storyline revolves around a handsome pediatrician and a gorgeous woman (possible femme fatale?) who meet and begin a whirlwind relationship without knowing much-needed information about their past. Daniel works out of a prestigious pediatric office in the Malibu area catering to well known and well off individuals raising children. The story involves a new drug just approved by
marilyn
Malice concerns the massive push of the drug Respira, for young children, despite it having horrible side effects. The side effects are hidden from the public and downplayed to doctors, so that the drug can be put on a special list, requiring kids to have been injected with this drug, to get into public schools and daycare. Suspicious deaths surround a doctor and his family and another younger doctor, when they raised concerns about the harmfulness of the drug.

Enter Dr Daniel Winters, a new
Debbie Oliphant
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buckle up and prepare to be taken on a roller coaster ride that leaves you feeling like your heart leaped out of your chest when it is done. This story had a chilling plot twist that had you guessing until the end.

Daniel has returned from his honeymoon and is reveling over how great his life is. He is a successful pediatrician, has a beautiful wife and living in a beautiful home. He is living the dream until he starts to see fissures in his daily life beginning with a new patient who he he
 Li'l Owl
PARENTS ARE BOUND TO MAKE MISTAKES. BUT PLEASE . . . DON’T MAKE ONE WITH HIS HEALTH. ASK YOUR PEDIATRICIAN ABOUT RESPIRA TODAY.

She heard a creaking sound.
It was the loose step— the sixth one from the bottom. It had been creaking since she was a little girl. She always tried to avoid it, especially if she was doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing.
Suddenly, she heard a loud crash as though something— or someone—was tumbling down the stairs. White-hot terror rose inside her and she
Louise Wilson
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dr. Daniel Winters is living a fairy-tale life. He has a beach front home in Malibu, a career as a respected paediatrician at a thriving Los Angeles practice, and a beautiful new wife, Mia. For a man whose past was rife with mental illness, addiction and thoughts of suicide, it seemed too good to be true.

Daniel's perfect life seems to be spiralling out of control. He comes back from his honeymoon to discover that the medical practice where he works, is giving out a new type of inoculation.
Brenda
Pediatrician Dr Daniel Winters had always vowed to never marry – but in the short time he’d known Mia he’d fallen in love with her intelligence and humour. After only ten months, they married – the beautiful Mia was his wife, and Daniel was extraordinarily happy. But gradually things began to fall apart. The practice that he was expecting to be made a partner at was his second home. It was when the doctors began vaccinating their child patients with a new drug that the problems started.

Being
Darinda
Daniel Winters is a successful pediatrician in Los Angeles. When a new vaccine comes on the market, his colleagues encourage their patients to get it. When one of Daniel's patients has a severe reaction to the vaccine, he starts to question the safety of the new drug. Meanwhile, Daniel's home life with his new wife is under stress. She seems to be hiding something, and Daniel's at a loss as what to do. Add in Daniel's history with addiction, and Daniel's perfect life starts to crumble.

A
Judy Collins
Q&A Elevator Ride with the Author

The #1 USA Today and internationally bestselling author, Jennifer Jaynes returns following The Stranger Inside (#4 Stranger Series) with her latest emotionally charged standalone thriller —MALICE, Coming Sept. 25, 2018. You are going to devour! Top Books of 2018 List.

The perfect life becomes the perfect nightmare in a twisting novel of twisty psychological suspense. Truth and deception. Trust and betrayal. The people closest to us may be the (strangers)
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
You can trust your pediatrician right? He is always going to do the ethical thing for your child and what is in their best interest, correct? He would never be guilty of malice and doing things for his own personal financial gain, or would he?

Dr. Daniel Winters has it all. He has a career as a pediatrician and an exclusive office, Healing Hands which has a one year wait for new patients. He has a beautiful beach front home in Malibu and a wife named Mia that looks like a model and is smart as
Shaina
This is a good story with most of it revolving around an immunoceutical; a vaccine or preventative type drug for children. I can see this happening. This was a sad story and it feels like it should and might be a series? I guess I will have to keep watch. I’m going to do research and check. This does not make me trust doctors and pediatricians. Oh well, I double check things myself anyway. Doctors are human too. I don’t even agree with some of my pets’ vaccinations.
This book really makes you
Diane Perry
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This book is on a whole new level of suspense. You have corruption, cover ups, and murder. Add a very suspicious wife and you have one incredible story. I admire the amount of research Jennifer Jaynes must have done for this book. It is very well written and a true page turner. Unputdownable!
Denise
Sep 28, 2018 added it
"This industry (big Pharma) was a machine...and a very powerful one at that."

Dr. Daniel Winters is a pediatrician and newlywed. Married to Mia and living on a beachfront property in Malibu, he's finally achieving all his dreams in the new practice at Healing Hands in Los Angeles, California. Trouble starts soon after the honeymoon when Daniel returns to work and is told about a new immunoceutical -- Respira -- that the doctors are expected to push on their young patients to prevent the common
Lynn (Smile24k)
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Note to self - If you are ever trying to hide from someone, remember to turn the ringer off on your phone!

You know those books where you have to tell yourself that you are only going to read one more chapter and then you are absolutely going to bed...but then 3 chapters later you're still awake? Well, to me, this is one of those books! I was totally caught up in the book from the prologue, which is where you will find the useful lesson of turning your ringer off on your phone.

Basic plot: A
Lavender
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a hell of a ride. It grabs you from page 1 and it is almost impossible to stop reading.

There is a lot going on in this book. Daniel is living a dream life. He is a successful pediatrician and lives in a beach house in Malibu. In a hotel bar he meets the woman of his dreams. Everything is perfect. But there is a little voice nagging in his head telling him that everything is too good to be true. And indeed suddenly everything is falling apart. At work he is forced to describe a drug
Brandy
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This was my first time reading a Jennifer Jaynes novel and I was pleasantly surprised. She is gifted at sucking you in, chewing on you a bit, before spitting you out. That’s my kind of author, my friends! Sometimes, when reading you need to feel used and abused as you read pondering the ending. Jaynes nailed it.

Malice was a superb read; the kind of read that leaves you feeling full and satisfied. I give 5 stars for this read and look forward to reading more from the talented Jaynes.
Jennifer Goliash
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t stop reading this book & when it was over I still wanted more. Jennifer Jaynes has outdone herself again. The book has a lot more to it than just being a thriller or suspense. It really delves into what deep-seated mind sets can cause a person to do. “If you believe it enough it becomes the truth” seemed to radiate from these characters. The characters are extremely well written & become more than just Daniel, Mia, & Rachel (& others) on a page. They come to life as ...more
Joann
I've always enjoyed Jennifer Jaynes' books but this one really blew me away. It opens with Daniel, who is a pediatrician who loves his job as well as his newlywed wife. His life is almost perfect till he returns to his practice to find that a new drug has hit the market and Daniel finds himself in a moral dilemma soon followed by controversy and danger. In addition to the stressful situation at work, his new bride is hiding something from him at home. This book looks into the business of big ...more
lovebooks
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Malice is about a pediatric doctor named Daniel and his wife Mia. It has twists and turns to this story It’s very suspenseful and great. Daniel comes from a dark past as does Mia. As Daniel’s life send to be spiraling down the book gets better and better. .
Bridgett
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An important step in becoming a doctor, medical students must take the Hippocratic Oath. And one of the promises within that oath is, “First, do no harm.”

I started Malice, a medical thriller, this morning. It's now the dinner hour, and I've just finished one of my favorite books of 2018. I literally only put this book down long enough to actually contact the author herself, to thank her for writing such an important, timely novel. Malice is the story I'd always hoped to pen myself, but I
Sherri Thacker
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is one of those books that I wasn’t sure i was gonna keep reading. I found myself asking do I really want to see how this ends? Am I missing something? But i kept going. Now during this time I did find out I have a herniated disk in my neck and it’s been extremely painful so maybe I just couldn’t focus on this as much as I had wanted to. Surgery for me is scheduled Dec 4th.
Chloe
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daniel is leading a perfect life , has a perfect job as a pediatrician ,a beachfront home in Malibu and a beautiful trophy wife Mia but soon things come crashing down.Upon returning to his practice after his honeymoon Daniel discovers his colleagues and boss aggressively pushing a drug that is not as wonderful as it seems, On top of that Daniel is pretty sure that his new wife might be having an affair

I have read a couple of Jennifer Jaynes books which I enjoyed thoroughly and this one too did
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. #56 Malice 1 8 Oct 06, 2018 08:47AM

• The Waiting Room
  • What Have You Done
  • Cut and Run
  • After Nightfall
  • Stranger in the Woods
  • Lying Next to Me
  • Every Single Secret
  • Jane Doe (Jane Doe, #1)
  • Who Is She? (Jack Anderson #2)
  • Until the Day I Die
  • The Girl Across the Street
  • The Ex
  • A Perfect Tenant
  • Half Past
  • Girls of Glass
  • The Weight of Silence (Nicole Foster Thriller #2)
  • The Widow's Watcher
  • The Perfect Neighborhood (The Secrets of Suburbia #3)
Jennifer Jaynes was an accomplished author having published 7 books and was both a USA Today Best Seller and Amazon #1 best seller.
“The voice began protesting again, but he forced it to the back of his mind. He was exactly where he wanted to be. He was also blissfully unaware that his life was about to change in every way imaginable—and within a year’s time, one of them would be dead and the other would be on the run.” 0 likes