Start by marking “Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)

Beneath Your Beautiful

(Beautiful #1)

EDEN
All I wanted was a fresh start in a new city...and a bartending job. I never intended to fall for the sexy, tattooed bar owner.
Dark.
Brooding.
Emotionally unavailable.
But Killian Vincent is a challenge I can’t seem to walk away from.
He’s afraid that if I dig too deep, I won’t like what I find. But he’s wrong, and I’m determined to prove it.

KILLIAN
Love can destro
Published May 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Beneath Your Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath Your Beautiful

Start your review of Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
Dri ✰
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 stars!! ★

“It’s a new day and a world of possibility.”

This book surprised me, especially when I discovered it was a debut book. And I have to say, the author did a great job!
I really liked this one!

Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for www.kisslikeagirl.com

Rating: 3.5 stars rounded up

One of my most common complaints with romance novels is when the author shows us one of the main characters (usually the man, but that’s a rant for another day) with someone else. However, this time it worked. Killian is doing what he has to do to leave quickly, but before he leaves he cleans the make-up smears off her sink and hangs up her towels… that’s hot, right?

This book started off so well. I expected to be writing a five-star r
Dilek VT
When you love someone, you don’t run away, and you don’t leave them when things get hard or messy or fucked-up. When you love someone, you fight for them.

That was a decent read and as a debut novel, it was quite good but not good enough for me to give it 4 or 5 stars.

The plot:

The characters are likable. The heroine is cheated on by her boyfriend and she moves to another city to begin a new life. She is an artist but she needs to work in a bar to earn money to continue living on her own and
Robin Hill
Loved this sweet, steamy romance by debut author Emery Rose. Killian is my favorite kind of hero, broken and brooding, and firecracker Eden is his perfect match. I'm not usually big on jumping couples within a series, but I adored Killian's brother, Connor, and his on-again/off-again h, Ava, and I can't wait to read their story in Beautiful Lies, coming out soon. ...more
AJ
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, steamy, drama, romantic
Gorgeous, I loved it!

Wow, what a fantastic debut novel from Emery Rose. She has given us a sweet, sexy and intense romance with just the right amount of drama and emotion, and a gorgeous love story, and I loved it.

Killian is a former UFC fighter who is haunted by ghosts from his past. He has been hurt badly, and suffers guilt from an accident that shattered his world, and he now runs a bar with his best friend, keeping to himself and not letting anybody get too close.

I was a man seeking salv
Jen
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!! I am in awe of Emery Rose!! Her debut novel was incredible!! From the very first page I was sucked in and I didn’t want it to end. Eden and Killlian—SWOON!! God, I loved them together and he was just imperfectly perfect. Don’t miss this one!!
Coco.V

EDEN
Dark.
Brooding.
Emotionally unavailable.
But Killian Vincent is a challenge I can’t seem to walk away from.

KILLIAN
Love can destroy a man. Bring him to his knees. That’s why I never let anyone get too close.
Until
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
You guys!!! I seriously am sitting here still swooning after reading Killian and Eden's story. OMG it was fantastic! Emery Rose legit blew my mind and this being her debut novel makes it even more incredible. I loved the spirited banter and fiery chemistry between Killian and Eden and loved the entire cast of characters. This was such an outstanding book!!

Anyone who knows me knows that dark and broody alpha heroes are my jam. And the fact that the hero is a bar owner/MMA fighter is the cherry on
Jos
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Heartbreakingly beautiful stars!!!!

OMG.......this story, these characters were just AHMAZING!!!!!!!! I FLOVED Eden and Killian, the slow burn build-up and when they finally come together.....chaotic magic:)

The writing was fantastic, the story engaging, intriging, action packed, just all out heartbreak for Killian and his brother, omg, love, hot sex, etc..... The friendships and Eden's family (please I want more on her brothers:) were so awesome, loved all of them.

What I loved most of all was E
Tricia Davis
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read and reviewed an ARC copy for an honest review on behalf of Everything Marie http://everythingmarie.com/

INCREDIBLE! Completely adored Beneath Your Beautiful! By far my no 1 of 2018!! I could not put it down!l Loved all the characters! Heartbroken Eden flees her hometown to New York to start over and find herself- Killian..... OMGGG sexy as sin Killian lives in Brooklyn working at a bar he owns- Eden and Killian cross paths when Eden is looking for a job and sparks fly- but they both are not
Candace Tidwell
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Killian and Eden are perfect! Emery Rose did a wonderful job bringing this story to life. The characters chemistry was off the charts. Eden was my ideal female lead. She's tough yet girly, smart, sassy and takes no crap. I enjoyed storyline. It had the little extra umph that sets it apart from other books in the genre. Wonderful read so add it to your library.
Alex ♈
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe

Extremely good for a debut novel.

(view spoiler)
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
This is my first Emery Rose book and I’m
so glad I went with this one. Holy moly I fell for Eden and Killian hardcore.

I was swooning big time for this broody former MMA Star with a painful past. Everything Killian loved he’s lost. His career, his family and he’s light. Al
Petra Gleason
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emery Rose
Mar 28, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Fall in love with Eden and Killian in this sweet, sexy contemporary romance with all the feels. Beneath Your Beautiful is available on Amazon and FREE in Kindle Unlimited.
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2H6RT32
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2Iuz35W
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2Kay5c2
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2jN6pPC

***Sneak Peek***
“I’m not unattractive? Are you always this charming?”
“If you’re looking for Prince Charming, it ain’t me, Sunshine.”
Sunshine? At least he didn’t make any empty promises or prete
Tiffany Readz
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love It!!

Boy oh boy, Emery Rose came out with the big gun blazing for this book and his name is Killian Vincent. He is lethal in many ways, however I am most fond of the book boyfriend way. ;)

"Once upon a time, I was a champion. Who, or what, was I now?"

Killian Vincent is a beautiful man with an ugly past, trying to find his place in life. His self-imposed fall from the top was hard, not knowing what to do next is even harder. Living life stuck in his head, Killian doesn't even know he wants a w
Kira Berger
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beneath Your Beautiful has everything you want in a great Romance novel. Eden and Killian's chemistry is off the chart. Their love for one another isn't an easy one, but it's one borne out of honesty and courage. The story pulled me in from page one and wouldn't let go. I couldn't get enough of my broken Killian and sweet but strong Eden.

Beneath Your Beautiful is an amazing debut and I can't wait to read more by Emery!
D.B.
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. It had all the elements of a beautiful love story. You'd think I'd be able to write an amazing review being as I'm a wordsmith myself, but I'm in awe of Emery's ability to put words to paper. Her characters are well-built and beautiful. Flaws and all.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This was such an incredible debut! After reading last year's Wilder Love and this year's Sweet Chaos and falling head over heels in love with both stories I knew that I had to pick up this author's backlist titles.

I am so in love with this author's writing style. It really speaks to me. I feel so at home in this author's prose. The narration was smooth and inviting. There we
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours, favorites, arc
I saw the sign-ups for the Blog Tour for this book and I had a date free, so I decided to check it out! I'm normally very picky about the books that I review, so I was surprised when I took a chance on this book and decided to review it for the Blog Tour! I'm so happy that I took a chance on this book though because I really enjoyed it! I was intrigued right from the first page and I found myself reading a few more chapters every free chance I had! The plot also developed at the perfect pace and ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Emotional and enthralling. Beneath Your Beautiful really took me by surprise. This is the first book I’ve read from Rose and I wasn’t sure what to expect from it. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this story.

These characters were deep and endearing. Each damaged by events in their lives, yet dealing with them it in different ways. Dark and light, opposites who made each other better. Killian and Eden brought out the best in one another. They were so perfect, I loved them. The initia
melissa ☽
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars
After reading the first chapter I was like f yes im lovin this cuz the h just caught her ex cheating and ohh I was ready for the angst but then... not much happened after that. Don't get me wrong, the characters are likeable and the H's backstory is interesting and heartbreaking but everything was just meh for me. Maybe because of the telling instead of showing kind of writing especially when it came to development/progression of their friendship to lovers stage?? Yeah, that's why. Unfort
DarkRaven Reviews
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was impressed with this book. This is an amazing debut novel and I will definitely be watching out for anything the author publishes in the future. This book deals with so many complex issues but still has a sense of realism and portrayed them perfectly. Clearly, this author has done the research. Bravo!! Eagerly looking forward to the next release.

❀Booksreadathon❀ ↬ indie romance reader5
She was a fighter, with the face of an angel.

This is my third time reading Emery Rose book and definitely not the last! Her writing style is sooooo good, her characters aren't one dimensional or flat, they're always interesting and coated in diverse layers in the deeper sense of level. I read some of the reviews and they says that the conflict was predictable and the all around plot line was pretty general and yes I agree for all those sentiments yet it doesn't deterred me or take away my enjoym
Donna
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

I really enjoyed this sweet read. I fell hard for Killian. It was an emotional ride. It had family drama, some sexy times and a very hot hero. I loved the ending. This series is one I will definitely continue to read.
Jessica Ames
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. I am glad I did. I've read A LOT of books over the years. I've read a lot of debut authors. This was by far the most polished I've ever read. It didn't read like a first time author, taking a step into the unknown. The characters were great, story was really good and kept me turning the page. I adored Eden and Killian. I love a damaged H and Emery provided this in spades. It was a lovely, sexy read about two broken peopl ...more
Lisa Mcintire
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 I really enjoyed this one. It def surprised me towards the end. I can't wait to read about Connor & Eva! ...more
Sarah Armstrong
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved

This was a great book. I felt connected with the characters from page 1. Killian was a great H and Eden was fantastic. looking forward to more.
Faith89
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
copy received for honest review
I was engaged the moment I met Eden. I knew I would like her. She did not let me down once during the entire story. She was beautiful inside and out. She had a big heart and stood up for those she loved. She was sweet and strong and gave as good as she got.After the end to what she thought was a happy relationship she moves to Brooklyn and meets Killian. Killian had a hard life. He fought figuratively and literally to escape an abusive childhood. MMA was his dream
Kristiej
I started reading the second book in this series, Beautiful Lies and decided I needed a refresher on this one since while I still had a feeling of love for this book, I'd forgotten some of the details and figured a refresher read of a book I enjoyed would be good. And my first grade is spot on again. I loved it just as much second time around. Below is my original review

*****
Although this one has been out for a while, I just discovered this first book by new author Emery Rose and I was so impres
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Rebel (Haven Grace Prep, #3)
  • The Saint (Haven Grace Prep, #2)
  • Complicate Me  (Hawthorn Hills Duet #1)
  • With Every Breath
  • Back to Shore (Meade Lake, #1)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Out of Love
  • Fool Me Once
  • Six Nights in Paradise
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • We Were Once
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Treachery (Antihero Inferno, #1)
  • To Be Your Girl (To Be Yours, #1)
  • Sweet Dandelion
Emery Rose has been known to indulge in good red wine, strong coffee, and a healthy dose of sarcasm.

When she’s not writing, you can find her binge-watching Netflix, trotting the globe in search of sunshine, or immersed in a good book. A former New Yorker, she currently lives in London with her two beautiful daughters and one grumpy but lovable Border Terrier.

Emery loves to connect with her reader

Beautiful (3 books)
  • Beautiful Lies (Beautiful, #2)
  • Beautiful Rush (Beautiful #3)

News & Interviews

“You’ll have guys hassling you. When they get drunk, they say and do stupid shit. I’m not saying it’s right,” he shrugged one shoulder, “but you’re not unattractive, so you’ll need to deal with that.”
“I’m not unattractive? Are you always this charming?”
“If you’re looking for Prince Charming, it ain’t me, Sunshine”
Sunshine? At least he didn’t make any empty promises or pretend to be something he wasn’t. “I don’t believe in fairytales. Or happily ever after. Prince Charming was an evil villain in disguise, and Cinderella was the doormat he wiped his feet on.”
2 likes
“When I’m with you, I see all the colors. And I’m not scared of the darkness, because there’s so much light inside you too. When you let me see you, really see you, there’s nothing in this world more beautiful than you, Killian.”
“It’s not beautiful inside me. It’s a fucked-up place to live.”
“I’d rather live there, with you, than anywhere else on the planet.”
2 likes