Start by marking “Until We Are Gone” as Want to Read:

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
I wanted a family with Cash.

We had dreams –building a house, kids, a dog, and, yes, even the white picket fence.

Or so I’m told.

I don’t remember anything about my husband. Not the wedding or the vows we shared.

The past ten years were erased and with time, they’re supposed to come back.

But this isn’t your typical case of amnesia

What if I’m not supposed to remember?

What if I
Published July 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Until We Are Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until We Are Gone

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"The fact that I was locked inside my own body wasn’t enough; they wanted to torture me some more, and they didn’t even ask if I was okay."

description

This was more suspense than romance.
But at the same time, it wasn't a romantic suspense.

_____________

...but no cigar
This was a first from this author for me. Making a habit of trying new authors out this year, I feel like this is the first one where I've been actually slightly disappointed. The plot for this seemed interesting, and whilst reading - I cou
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Could I have been on my way to heaven? Is that what dying feels like, cartwheels in the air, no gravity holding you down?”

I love discovering a new to me authors and I especially love it when I enjoy what they produce immensely. This is my first book by Gia Riley and after reading Until We Are Gone, I can assure you, it won’t be my last. I can’t wait to discover what other treasures lie within the imagination of this talented author. I found it captivating, thrilling and suspenseful all at t
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_UWAG AN 1

5 Stars
Arc Book Review
Release Date-28/7/18

I Really enjoyed this one like a lot, but I am struggling slightly to classify it as it crosses over into genres with a little bit of everything.
So this had such a unique voice when it came to its narration giving us the POV from three individual important players; this, in turn, helped portray them all so realistically with flaws and all.
I found this style of narration so intriguing and it did help me get a handle on why certain individuals behaved the
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
This is a dual POV book. The viewpoints are indicated at the beginning of the chapters and really work for Until We Are Gone as we need to see the situations from the perspectives of our main two characters, Meadow and Cash.

This book opens up to a powerful scene. Meadow is coming out of a coma after an accident and it quickly becomes apparent that she has lost a significant part of her memory, this includes bereavements and her entire relationship with her husband Cash.

The story then jumps forwa
Andrea
Jul 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really struggled with rating this book.When I first read the blurb,I thought that this book will be a little bit more "serious"than it was.At the beginning the story was nice for me,and had it stay that way I would have give it three stars.But,somewhere at the middle the book just got worst for me,to the point where I didn't want to rate it at all.So,this one star is for the cover,and the cover only.It really is beautiful and unique.Now onto the book.
I have several problems with this story.
I c
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Until We Are Gone is a beautifully captivating story about a woman who loses her memories and discovers that it wasn't tragic, but rather fate. This is a tale about discovering who you are without the memories and remembering things might never be the same every again.

My heart wept for Meadow as I witness the struggles she endures after the accident that wiped her memories. I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain I would feel deep inside if I was
Flo Grugel
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh it's a mindfuck alert!
Until We Are Gone starts off really good!j was addicted and couldn't stop turning the pages. I will say that during the middle I was waiting for something to happen and then... It happened....you think you know what's coming... you don't. I didn't see it but it's good! Oh so good!!
Marjorie  W.
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3 STARS

This review contains mild spoilers, read at your own risk.

I'll start this review by saying that despite the few issues I had with this book, the premise was truly intriguing.

Until We Are Gone was suspenseful and a little dark (as in there were some darker themes such as addiction) and very different from what I expected going into this book.

I won't lie, it was quite a heavy read. I don't usually shy away from books that deal with addiction, but I do prefer not to read them too often bec
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: Gia Riley
4 Stars

Well my goodness, this was a thriller book to read!! Kept me turning the pages just so that I could figure out who was the one doing everything to turn poor Meadow’s life upside down.

Waking up in the hospital, Meadow is surrounded by her loving husband. Cash has been there ever since the horrible accident. Waiting patiently for his wonderful wife to wake up.

After waking though, Meadow is suffering from memory loss. Memory loss of the last 10 years! Doctors
Lauren
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
i think i had trouble figuring out if people were supposed to be good guys or bad guys. and then the ending happened and everyone was just like oh well, no big deal, lets move on.
Danielle
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love everything written by Gia Riley and this one is no exception!!

Meadow wakes in the hospital but doesn’t recognize the man at her bedside, holding her hand. She finds out he is her husband, Cash, but has no recollection of him or the past several years of her life. Meadow and Cash are hopeful that the amnesia may only be temporary and as soon as she is well enough, she goes home with Cash to recover from her injuries. A few months later, her memory is no closer to coming back but Meadow kno
EscapeNBooks
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Until We Are Gone by Author Gia Riley is an emotionally compelling romance novel.

I feel like every time I open up a new novel by Gia Riley, I find a fresh facet of her writing that I had no idea existed. As a reader, this always keeps me coming back for more. As a lover of words, this puts me on an extreme high.

“There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to win someone’s heart twice, especially when it was so easy the first time.”

Meadow and Cash are at a crossroads in their lives. Tragedy ha
Anne Milne
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a total surprise I thought I knew where the story would go but the author totally surprised me.

When Meadow wakes up in hospital she has no memory of her life with Cash her husband. Cash has been at her bedside since the accident waiting for the love of his life to wake up.

From the moment she returns home the story changes because she's not coping. Like her I felt something was wrong I had an idea but could I be on the right track. Meadow turns to alcohol it becomes her best friend
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a story. I’ve just finished and I’m speechless. So many times I thought uk ew what way the story was going to go and then the author threw a curve that I didn’t see coming.

This is Meadows story and what a story it is. She wakes up to Cash beside her but she can’t remember him. She can’t remember their time together. Once she leaves hospital she goes home with Cash. She tries to escape everything with alcohol. This leads her to a place she doesn’t want to be yet it’s a place where she w
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

I have mixed feelings about this one. I’ll start with, when I read the synopsis I became intrigued with it: Memory loss, dreams, family.

I was curious as to how the Ms. Riley was going to weave her tale.....I felt as some questions I had weren’t resolved; which I know the author can’t know what I am wondering. I believe that one issue I had is I just didn’t connect with any of the characters. Meadow, in my opinion, was mean; Cash, I wish he had been a bit more endearing....

I would prefa
Johnaka
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Until We Are Gone by Gia Riley
“Mind blown, 5 stars”

I read Until We Are Gone twelve hours ago and I’m still trying to figure out what in the flip I read. Riley is known for books with twists but this one was something else. The whole time I was reading I was trying to figure out what I was missing, where was the story going, and what in the world was happening. Then the ending happened and BAM! All the pieces fell into place.
When the ending fell into place I was feeling way too much. I was ticke
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Whoa. Mind blown!

Full review to come soon.
Talon
Sep 17, 2018 added it
"Our house is as dark as her mind."

I chose not to rate this book, for a lot of reasons. It wasn't because I hated it or loved it, it was simply because it had hints of a trope that I do not care to read about and I was caught off guard with that. When I seen the cover to this story and then read the blurb, I had high hopes that it would be about something else entirely or taken more seriously (the topic, I mean). I don't like how the author romanticized it and I don't like how this story line as
Avidez Literaria
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
“What my brain forgot, my heart remembered.”

Until We Are Gone was a very different reading than I'm used to. I was interested in the synopsis, the beginning caught my attention, I confess that the unfolding made me hate the protagonist but when I was losing hope, there is a twist that left my jaw dropped. And from there I could no longer drop the book, wanted to unravel the secrets together with the character.
Meadow wakes up in a hospital a week after suffering a very serious accident, and alt
Erin
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This was my first time reading a book by Gina Riley. I loved the blurb and was excited to read this intriguing storyline. A story about a woman who loses ten years of her life and has to re-learn who she is now and who she was in love with; sounds provacative... but this story left me confused and underwhelmed.

This book's plot introduces us to Meadow who has been in a terrible car accident which caused minor injuries, but lost her 10 years of memories. Meadow doesn't remember getting married, h
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

This was an amazing story of heartbreak, memory loss, addiction, and learning to find your way. When Meadow wakes up in the hospital, she has zero memory of who the man is sitting next to her. She remembers nothing if the last several years. Going home with the man everyone tells her is her husband is not easy. When several months go by and she still doesn't remember, she turns to alcohol. Only the memories of her grandmother soothe her when shes blackout drunk.
Cash is at a loss as to what to d
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching: 4
Overall Rating: 4.25 Stars
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Meadow wakes up in a hospital bed with the last ten years missing from her life. Beside her is a man that swears they had a good life together. Cash has photo albums of happy memories and they have a beautiful house. But no matter how hard she tries she can’t seem to feel anything toward him and their life together. Soon Meadow feels like maybe losing her memory wasn’t
❤️Melanie
After reading the reviews for this book and the blurb, I was excited to read this book. I have to say, I was hooked in the beginning and then once I got half way through I was expecting so much more. The story line went down hill for me around the middle of the book. Cash and Nolan were great in their own way but I believed Cash more than Nolan. I seriously felt nothing from Nolan's character. I wanted to like this story but I just couldn't wait for the story to end to find out everything and ju ...more
Clare Harrison
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wowsers what an emotional read! I feel completely shattered from all the thoughts running through my mind.

Such a beautiful harrowing, devastating and poignant story of a shattered woman called Meadow.

One moment is all it takes to wipe your life. Like pressing that button "delete" and it's all gone. How would you feel?

Meadow awakes not knowing who the man stood beside her in the hospital is, why she's there or why she has no recollection of her past.

Cash the man stood beside her praying for her
Becky Rendon
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

Certain authors keep you on edge, it doesn't matter the genre, the feel of the book, or the blurb. Some authors just make you expect the unpredictable. Gia Riley has created a monster. After the Broken Wings duet, I can't help but be paranoid. Like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory, I start drafting charts and venting insane theories to everyone within messaging distance. Straight up Cray Cray! It's not my fault.

So Until We Are Gone became a crusade to prove I'm not going crazy...but as t
Konny
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Until We Are Gone by Gia Riley is a full length, standalone novel. A story of all the feels, told in a dual POV.
" How do you love someone you dont know? "
Meadow lost her memories in a horrible accident and her husband is a stranger to her. Sahe spirals down into a dark place and when she hits rock bottom she gets admitted to rehab.
Cash, her husband does everything to get her better, so it seems. He loves her deeply.
But nothing is as it seems, nothing. What started out as the typical romance stor
Kelly
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I dove into Until We Are Gone by Gia Riley without reading the blurb or synopsis. I had no idea where she was going to take me with Meadow and Cash's story. Right from the beginning, you know Gia was going to take your emotions for a ride.

This isn't your typical boy meets girl, girl falls in love story. I felt Cash's loss of his wife even though she was right there in front of him. "Sometimes, you can't repair what's broken. You just have to toss away the idea of perfection and work with what's
Gwen Shafer
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable from beginning to end. Meadow has an accident that completely changes her life. This was an emotional story line. Gripping from the beginning to the end. You want to climb into the book and help Meadow get through everything she is going through. Very intense moments at times with her journey to get her life back. I absolutely loved this book. Well written. Great characters with amazing chemistry.Highly recommend reading this one.
Tiffany Readz
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars-Could Have Been More

Boy oh boy, I was ready to dig in to this book! From the blurb it sounded different, which I liked. Gia Riley Gives her readers a sad, yet suspenseful story with Until we are Gone.

Meadow was living her dream life, or so she was told, after suffering from amnesia. Days turn into months and nothing changes for Meadow, except for her attitude. Which is where Gia Riley did a good job with her characters. For the first half or three-quarters of the book, I wasn't a Meado
Kaitlyn
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! Talk about a book that will absolutely blow your mind!!! Meadow, Cash, Teddy, and Nolan will hook you and you won’t know what’s happened or what you’ve read!! I’ve read this book twice in the last week and I’m still having issues wrapping my head around it! I just, every time I pick up a book by Ms. Riley it leaves me speechless. And wanting to pick up more and more and just keep diving into her work! She once again leaves me speechless but with a feeling of contentment and an ultimate lo ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bestselling author Gia Riley has been in love with writing romance since high school when she took her very first creative writing class. From the small but mighty state of Delaware, she’s a country girl at heart, traveling back to her roots in Pennsylvania as often as she can.

She’d rather pick truth than dare, bake than cook, and will always choose coffee over tea.

Just like life, her stories ar
“You’re my wife, Meadow. Let me help you.” 0 likes