Start by marking “Corked” as Want to Read:
Corked

Corked

Originally published as the "Wine Tasting Series".

"Corked" is an expanded re-release with new editing and over 8,000 words of additional content!

Sean Powell is having a terrible day. When he walks into Bistro Argent, ready to unwind over a glass of wine with the sommelier, he’s stunned to discover his friend has been replaced by a hot young guy with big ideas. Lucas Spence
Published April 28th 2018 (first published April 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Corked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corked

Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars

I wasn’t quite sure what to think when I first picked up this book, because while I loved Lucas, Sean was a complete twat from their very first shared scene. Fortunately, that didn’t last long and once Lucas and Sean gave into their attraction, the sparks flew, in a good way.

These guys fit great together well and while they are originally brought together through their shared love of wine, I was happy to watch them explore and learn that they had a lot more in common than just that.

The
Joyfully Jay
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Corked was originally published in installments as the Wine Tasting Series. It has been revised, expanded, and now all the parts are included in one book.

When Sean and Lucas meet, it does not go well. While Sean is coming off of a truly bad day, he takes his frustrations out on Lucas and is fairly rude to the guy. Lucas rises to the bait and it’s not looking likely that the men will be able to work together, yet that doesn’t mean they can keep their hands off of e
Helena Stone
Wonderful, charming and scorching hot.

Full review:

"He liked the idea that he and Sean could argue and bicker about wine, then seamlessly transition into scorching hot sex without losing the tenderness between them."

The quote above describes the story and the characters in it just about perfectly. The first time Sean and Lucas come face to face is antagonistic to say the least. The two men butt heads from the get go but yet…privately neither can deny he’s attracted to the other man.

And so a very
Tanja
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. A novella but with all the impact of a full-length novel. It grabbed me from the first page and didn’t let go. Beautifully written, nicely flowing, three-dimensional characters, full of fun, steam, and sweetness. The story has a full-bodied palate with a heartwarming aftertaste.
It might be hate at first sight for Lucas and Sean, but oh boy, the sparks were flying. Once the bottle is uncorked, the sexual tension is popping out, and they can’t help sipping and tasting.
Sean is t
Light
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.8 / 5 Stars

This is a fast-paced, low-angst, age-gap story with interesting characters and an entertaining plot. Sean and Lucas have a hot I-don't-like-you-but-I-want-you relationship after they first meet. I didn't really care about Sean at the beginning and it was a bit of a chore to read certain scenes with him, I just wanted to slap him good.

After a while, though, the story picked up and the chemistry between them, their talks and the time they spend together make it the more alluring with
Lillian Francis
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Corked is my first Brigham Vaughn book but it won't be my last.
The story is broken down into three parts and an epilogue, which show the growth of the relationship perfectly. I considered calling this enemies to lovers, but rejected that idea, because it's more antagonistic acquaintances to lovers. This does carry a May to December tag but I don't consider 11 years a sufficient age gap for that label. I do like that they are an older pairing, Lucas is 31, while Sean is 42.

This story starts with
mw138
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It effectively mixes romance, angst, tension and above all, food and wine! Lucas is a very likable and sweet character; however, Sean took a long time to warm up to. He is very judgemental at the beginning of the book, almost to the point of overkill. Demons from Sean's past have left scars and causes him to overthink and think the worst of people who don't really deserve it. The progression of Lucas and Sean's relationship was nice to witness, but sometimes I felt like they w ...more
Elle
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must admit that when I first started reading this, I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to like it. I immediately disliked Sean from the go, he was thoroughly obnoxious. Lucas, on the other hand, I loved.

However, once they sorted themselves out, they were great together. This is such a charming story, the couple bond over their love of wine, but find that they have so much more in common. They had great chemistry, when they got together they positively sizzled.

Overall, this was a funny and
Sara Bauer
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, these boys ... They are so adorable. What begins as a fiery first meeting turns into a scorching first kiss for Sean and Lucas, two men who begrudgingly now must work together. I adored their banter, and the sex (the sex!!!) was super hot. Watching these short-tempered cuties fall in love was so much fun! A hot, happy read :)
Linda
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My love of wine made this an especially fun book to read. From wine snobs to just wine appreciation this book has something for everyone. The love story is well intertwined with the wine tasting and enjoyment. Lucas and Sean are both funny and romantic along with a spark that keeps everything hopping in their lives. The epilogue shows what happens when you find you match in life and work together to build that life. Well writtem charming characters and an enchanting book.
Ali
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Man did these two start out on the wrong foot but eventually got past their initial hostility. Lucas wants to prove himself in his new dream job and Sean rubs him the wrong way at their first meeting. Sean is really good at making assumptions and he makes some of the wrong ones immediately.

I liked seeing these two navigate the portions of their relationship we were shown. Once they actually sat and talked like ad
Allison
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorts

I really enjoyed this series although I am glad that I read it when it was already released, I don't think I would have liked waiting between books. I loved the way Ms. Vaughn wound wine culture throughout the stories.

Spit or Swallow is all about instant attraction and how anger can be the other side of that coin. The connection between Sean and Spencer is hot and sharp from the beginning which leads them to some questionable decisions that we get the pleasure of reading about.

Aftertast
Kristin
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Premise of the book is Sean works for a wine, beer and liquor distribution company. Lucas is the newly hired sommelier at Argent Bistro, replacing Roger, Sean’s friend through business. Lucas and Sean immediately butt heads through assumptions, and a potential friendship has a very rocky start.

I did not like the first third of this book. It rubbed me wrong on so many levels - I don’t care if you are having the worst possible day ever, you do not treat someone you just met with as much distain a
Heather
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With the horrendous day Sean Powell was having he was at least looking forward to ending it with a little chat with his friend and sommelier at Bistro Argent as they talked over the wine order, what he wasn't expecting was to discover his friend had retired and in his place was the young new sommelier Lucas Spencer. Lucas is hoping to update the wine list at the restaraunt but his first meeting with the distributer doesn't go as he planned. When Sean and Lucas can't deny their attraction any mor ...more
Amy Dufera
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Lucas and Sean first meet, they get off to a bad start. Honestly, at this point, Sean was a complete jerk. He was attracted to Lucas but treated him like a complete ass.

As they work together, and their paths cross more and more, the chemistry explodes. And as their relationship develops, they find that they have much in common besides their love of wine. They are both homebodies and enjoy the same things and their relationship develops quickly. This part of the story was very sweet. The get
Susana
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Helen
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
*arc received in exchange for an honest review*

This was an exceptionally cute read. I loved the back story of them being wine fanatics (who doesn’t love wine?) that made it stand out against other stories in the genre. Sean was a bit of a tool when he first met Lucas after having had a bad day to then find out his favourite sommelier had retired and now a “pretty boy” was there as his replacement. Despite Sean’s behaviour, the two of them end up combusting from the sexual tension and it was grea
Kristina Simkins
Becky Baldridge
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Corked is a fast paced, easy read. While it is most definitely instalust, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is not instalove. I did find it a stretch to believe how quickly this pair fell all over each other, but sparks fly in the heat of the moment and it just kind of works for them. There are some disagreements between Lucas and Sean, but it's done in a way that is more amusing than angsty, making for a fun, feel good read.
Esther Alayeto
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and endearing romance that is a quick and short read. Great storyline that captivated me right from the beginning and kept me entertained all the way through. Sean and Lucas are scorching hot together. Their first meeting is explosive and watching them develop from there is fascinating. I really like how Lucas helps Sean work through his insecurities and is very patient with him.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Sally
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great re-working of the original "Wine Tasting Series." I loved all the new content, especially the epilogue. I adore Sean and Lucas. They are so personable. I was so happy to revisit with the characters, including Richard, the owner of the Bistro Argent and Sean's friend. The chemistry that develops from the very first meeting between Sean and Lucas is scorching hot.
Kaila
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
so sex.. adorable and funny... it was so cute.. the characters are just so cute.. i loved their plot.. i laughed and felt with them their emotions. the writing was awesome.
Rachel Emily
This was just excellent! I put may/December, but it's just more of an age gap of 11 years, nothing like an 18 year old with a 39 year old or anything. I'm glad I got this as a pack with the three books together, as it was great getting to read this in one long reading session. I really liked the writing in this, how they started out hating each other, and that fighting and chemistry turned out into hotness in the bedroom! Yum!

I really liked the last story, because I love it when you can find out
Loveableklutz
J. Vaughn
Jan 14, 2017
Carlynne S. Cockrum
Jul 26, 2015
Brigham Vaughn is on the adventure of a lifetime as a full-time writer. She devours books at an alarming rate and hasn’t let her short arms and long torso stop her from doing yoga. She makes a killer key lime pie, hates green peppers, and loves wine tasting tours. A collector of vintage Nancy Drew books and green glassware, she enjoys poking around in antique shops and refinishing thrift store fur ...more