Start by marking “Breathing Lies (The Curse of Hallows Hill, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breathing Lies (The Curse of Hallows Hill, #1)

Breathing Lies

(Curse of Hallows Hill #1)

The Avertonson brothers and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. They’re also twins, but where Foster is all light, Kingsley is darkness and danger.

I’ve been in love with Foster for a while, but the night I finally get the courage to tell him is the same night I nearly drown.

I don’t remember much about what happened, but when I come out of that lake, I’m not
Published November 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Breathing Lies, please sign up.
Jessica Looks like this series is being re-branded, as of March 14, 2020:
Books in the The Curse of Hallows Hill Series:
1. Breathing Undead Lies
2. The Undead C…more
Looks like this series is being re-branded, as of March 14, 2020:
Books in the The Curse of Hallows Hill Series:
1. Breathing Undead Lies
2. The Undead Club (coming April 2020)(less)

Start your review of Breathing Lies (The Curse of Hallows Hill, #1)
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

This book captured me in a way I wasn't expecting it to. I liked the overall dynamic the plot had in keeping the reader/the main character in the dark but it got frustrating by the second half. A few minor details did eventually come to light. The way the story left off makes it impossible for me to not pick up the next book.

Harlynn was an interesting character to a point. She usually finds herself at the right-place-and-time too often to be believable (even for a fictio
Brittany
5 🌟 Stars!!

Paranormal- Angsty - and full of Mystery- Jessica Sorensen books are always a guilty pleasure of mine. I love diving into a book I can read quickly and be totally engrossed in. Almost every book by this author I can’t seem to put down once I start it, I have to finish it in one sitting. This one was no different. I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book!
Julie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Best friends are supposed to last a lifetime, but what do you do if you are in love with one of those friends? Harlynn has longed to have more than just a basic friendship with Foster, but doesn’t know how to tell him. What Harlynn doesn’t realize is just how much Foster manipulates the aspects of her life. The push that Foster injects into Harlynn’s way of thinking tends to overrule her basic instincts. Slowly but surely, Harlynn begins to realize just how much of an influence Foster has posses ...more
Andrea
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Slam dunk awesome read, can't recommend enough. If you want just a good really good book, this is it. Yes there's a book 2 but the cliffy doesn't make you want to go crazy. If there's such a thing, this is a good cliffy, lol. ...more
Katrina♡••
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Typical
Predictable
Cliche

For me it was interesting for the first half but then it just felt like i was reading some other cliche book i had already read. The supernatural element didnt work either...
Coco.V
May 24, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/24/2020)! 🎁
Mariela
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so not what I think it was going to be. Is it paranormal is it thriller suspense I don’t know because so much is happening and I love it! The twists I don’t see coming are great. Har has been inlove with foster since they were kids she had his twin brother would play together all the time. But as the years passed she and foster got closer. On the night that he confesses he loves her too they get into an accident and now everything has changed she sees and feels things she didn’t bef ...more
Tracey Milito
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

I love this author. Her books grab you from the beginning and don’t let you go til the end. This is a great first book. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Jeanny
Nov 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book was tedious & predictable. 1 Star
Ophelia
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, it's so different to anything I usually read! The mystery and suspense is crazy strong and I definitely need to read more mystery.

This book starts with Kingsley, Foster and Harlynn, best friends since young, yet due to some slightly psychotic tendencies Foster persuades Harlynn that Kingsley is stalking her and tries to get her to stay away from him by telling her lies and twisting the truth. This works and years later it's just Foster and Harlynn - best friends. He controls a
Courtney
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m hooked

I can honestly say this series has me hook, line and sinker. I can’t wait for book two. This was one of the best reads I’ve had in a while.
Virginie
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So this was not my normal kind of scene but I didn't know that and to be honest. I'm glad I did not know because I probably wouldn't have read it otherwise.
I thought the main genre would be romance considering I found it in that genre but I found the main genre to be mystery. Maybe even an thrilling mystery. There was of course some kind of romance but it was so limited. But I didn't mind that here.
The mystery. The 'What will happen now?' and 'What happened that night?' or 'What the hell is go
CBL
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I recently discovered Jessica Sorensen as an author through her Enchanted Chaos and Cursed Hadley series.

I didn't particularly care for this book. Quite a few typos/grammar errors. Also...what is with the names??? Does this author name her characters the same names? Maybe I am wrong, but it seemed like there were at least two of the same names.

I didn't feel as if I liked any of the characters in the book. I feel like there weren't any big surprises, right from the beginning, in my opinion, the
ichangedmyname
Dec 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult, 2018
Mina D
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Does Sorensen have an editor?

Always such good story lines but soooo many grammar and spelling mistakes that it gets incredibly distracting! Is it Sorensen that doesn’t know the difference between you’re and your along with to and too or is it just her “editor”? I did love this book but I really hope the second one has fewer mistakes. I’ve been turned off from reading her books (this is probably the third) because of this very reason and I really hope she fixes it.
Aurelia
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I LOVED the premise of this book, it had so much potential but the way it was executed just didn't align with what I had expected. I was about to give it 2.5 stars but it gradually got a little better so I bumped it up to 3.

First of all, the blurb displayed basically summarizes 75% of the book. Harlynn spent more than half of the pages trying to figure out who saved her from the damn lake when we already know who it was. Why reveal one of the main plots in this book in the blurb?? I don't get i
Ana Rodriguez Alonso
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Troy Bowyer
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good!!!

I NEED this next book. This story was so amazing. I love Harlynn... or at least who she is after the accident and I adore Kingsley. I saw Fosters issues from the beginning.

I hate that this is being dragged out into two books. I guess it’s meant to keep you interested? I’ve never been one to invest into multiple books and honestly if I had know it wasn’t a stand-alone I probably would’ve had read it. Glad I did, but I HATE that I have to wait. It’s totally worth it.

Also, it says it’s c
Crystal Zapata
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Possible spoilers....read at your own risk

I hate to say I knew it but....I KNEW IT! Hahahaha
I knew Kingsley was misunderstood. I just knew that pretty-boy goody-goody act Foster was pushing out was fake as shit. Harlynn....mmm I'm not sure why I'm so disappointed in her but I am. She should have been a better friend. Stood up for herself and asked questions from the beginning instead of blindly following Foster. Now the whole drug thing and missing girls happening. I really REALLY think that is
Krista Ricchi
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An emotional journey filled with twists and turns. The writing immediately draws you in and I enjoyed the the plot immensely. Secrets and lies drag three friends into a twister of emotional drama. Who are we really? We only show pepole what they want to see when in fact we are hiding are true self from the world. I have to admit I was second guessing these characters who is the bad guy and how far will he go for what he wants? This is a book of mind games and I can't wait to see how this all goe ...more
Julie Workman-Bookaholic Sisters Blog
Omg this book!!

I was told this book was good so I took a chance and my god it was amazing, at first I loved foster he was kind and thoughtful and woukd do anything for the person he loved, or so he would make you believe, slowly I turned to hate him, Kingsley..wow now I love him, he's the one who sits at the back quietly watching but no saying much.

I need whispered darkness I can't wait to see what happens.
Vega_girl
Just wow!!

When will I stop tring to pigeon hole Ms. Sorensen?!?!? I feel like every time I read a new series of her I expect one thing and almost always co.e away with something infinitely better!! I was looking for a fun near death love story.....this was a thrilling mind bender and now I have to wait for all the answers!!
Libra
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept me reading until the wee hours! I couldn't put this down!

I was already a fan of Jessica Sorensen, and it seems every book makes me more so! I NEED to read book 2! The way this book is written,you think you know what's going on then you're thrown into a left turn! I love it when you can't guess what's going to happen next!
Lyryoazul
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chillingly amazing!

When I first read the synopsis, I automatically though one of the twins was going to be the manipulator. Kinda was right a little bit. This book has me confused at the beginning, but once I actually figured out what was going on, I was HOOKED. Read this book in about 4 hours. I cannot wait for the second book
Chastane Huckeba
Great such a amazing read double love and scary stuff

Awesome read !!!
Very good all stars all the way.
Thought it's was a great love story then bam it so much more
Can't wait for the next never gonna forget this one.
Coryann
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve read a handful of Jessica Sorensen books over the years. I’ve enjoyed them in varying degrees. I really liked Breathing Lies. It was suspenseful and kept me entertained. I am eager to see what comes next in book two!
Mellissa Monteforte
Great story in the making

Although the story has parts in the beginning that are slow, everything quickly picks up and the excitement grows. Was very curious about where the story was heading, but now that I know I'm enjoying it that much more.
Megan Robertson
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique and captivating

I really enjoyed this book. I am a reader of many books since I was 4 and it takes a lot to surprise me. The plot and mystery is there but for me it’s all about the romance.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broken Hill High (Broken Hill High #1)
  • Broken Wings (Dark Legacy, #1)
  • Peyton's Path: Finding Fate (Peyton's Path #1)
  • Broken Trust (Dark Legacy, #2)
  • Hidden River Academy (Hidden River Academy, #1)
  • Bring Me Back
  • Shattered Love (Shattered Love, #1)
  • Descendant of Blood (Descendants, #2)
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep, #1)
  • Game On (The Ballers of Rockport High, #1)
  • Spring
  • Unloved  (Bay Falls High #2)
  • The Moth and the Flame (When Rivals Play, #2)
  • Beyond Bound Spirit: A Collection of Short Stories and Extended Scenes (Beyond Bound Spirit Series Book 1)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Seventh Heaven (The Allendale Four #4)
  • Fallen University: Year One (Fallen University, #1)
  • Untamed (Bay Falls High #3)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

Curse of Hallows Hill (3 books)
  • Whispered Darkness  (The Curse of Hallows Hill, #2)
  • The Curse of Hallows Hill (The Curse of Hallows Hill, #3)

News & Interviews