Start by marking “The Crucial Shift (The Ariane Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Crucial Shift (The Ariane Trilogy, #3)

The Crucial Shift

(The Ariane Trilogy #3)

A bond sealed. A new reality. A pack war.

Since she met Orion, Ariane’s life had been anything but calm. With the threat of war looming only days away, ensuring victory for the Avynwood Pack was her primary focus. Some of her new friends would lose their lives in the fight, a fact she already accepted.

But what if along the way, she uncovered new details about herself? What
Published December 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Crucial Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crucial Shift

Candace Tidwell
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, if you follow my reviews, you know that if I start a book or series I have to finish it no matter what. After I fi ished reading the Somber Call, I was on the fence about jumping right into the final book of the Ariane trilogy. Obviously, since I'm writing this review, you know my decision. I am happy to say that The Crucial Shift was much better than its predecessor. I'm still going to give this book 3.5 stars but the writing did improve. Ari's character had more depth. The storyline was mo ...more
Amber
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! There is so much excitement, drama and swoon!! You just can't help but get swept up in to the world of Ariane. This world Michelle Dare has built is just phenomenal. There is always something going on at each turn of the page, you have to keep going to see what's to come. Rion will definitely have you swooning from book one, but I feel like him and Ari have grown so much since their initial meeting that your heart just feels so much for him. Definitely good book boyfriend mat ...more
Suzanne
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart. This journey I have been on with this trilogy has been a roller coaster that makes your heart race, your breath catch and so much more. The uniqueness and the concept are something that blew me away. This final installment added so much more and honestly made my jaw drop! While the connection between Ari and Rion streghthens, there are so many things that come to light. Things they never knew would be or could be possible. My jaw literally dropped with one thing that happens. NOPE! ...more
Anne Dwyer
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ari's life was completely changed when she met Orion, and found out a lot of secrets - about her family, about herself, and about the world around her. There is evil out there trying to destroy her - she has found her mate, and now needs to do all that she can to save those she loves. This third book in an amazing series begins exactly where the last one finished, and has all of the elements that make it an exceptional read.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily le
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Wow!! Best one of the trilogy!! This trilogy took me on a crazy rollercoaster ride!! So much was revealed in this final installment. Very dramatic and swoonworthy. It had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end.
Glenna Maynard
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No spoilers here but this series is a must read. I wasn't sure how things would play out and there is a surprising twist that shifts things and changes my feelings on certain relationships. I cannot wait to see what is in store for the side characters I have grown so attached to.
Mandy Sawyer
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, truly amazing. This has EVERYTHING. Action, adventure, humour, love, hate, revenge...oh it’s just so so good. I really wanted to call in sick at work so I could read this 3rd and final book! But I also never wanted it to end. I can’t tell you how much these three books consumed my life. Highly addictive and highly recommended. Michelle, these are your best work so far. I’m looking forward to seeing where this shifter/vampire/fae from these books go on to.
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
What a journey this Ariane Trilogy has been. Michelle Dare created a paranormal world that I fully immersed myself in after being away from this genre for so long.

We have followed Ari, Orion, and Ford as they navigate this world trying to prepare themselves for the pack war that is coming. Wake has joined their group, although some in the pack are still reluctant to welcome him. Ford’s brother has turned up and also brings some humor to this crazy bunch.

The story has so much action, humor, love,
Jennifer Lloyd
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a reviewer that leaves spoilers in my reviews just for the simple fact that I as a reader tend to read them before I read a book or series I'm dying for. When I read the review it tends to spoil the book for me and when I do finally read it, I'm so disappointed in the story because it doesn't live up to what I have in my head. So with all that being said. This is an absolute must read series from the start of the first book to the end of the third. This is a series that took me to differ ...more
Elizabeth
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. This is the last book in the series. It was so good, I could not put the book down. This is a 5star book! I don't want let any spoilers out, but the way it ended was exciting. Lots of action and love. It does not get better then this.

Andrea Heltsley
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Perfect HEA

I loved this book and the entire trilogy. So fun getting to know Ari and her paranormal world. And hot guys! So glad to learn about the upcoming spinoff series! Five glittery stars!
Garden Of REden
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Amy’s Review

I didn’t finish this book. I made it to about 90% and had to be done. This series just wasn’t for me.
Ola Adamska
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2018
This was an amazing read full of Secrets, twists and turns that will bring you to your knees!
Ariane found some family secrets, yes those will be important. War is comming FAST and they need as Many allies as they can get!
Emotions are palpable and fans of Good YA paranormal will be happy with it just like I am!
Lorie Glowania
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in this series. The adventure continues. Love, revenge,war, family, friends and romance continues. This has it all. Absolutely love the continuous growth of Ari and Orion. There has been a rollercoaster of emotions that continue and more to story to unravel leaving you on the edge of your seat. A must read series. Can’t wait to see more
Becky Rendon
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My bookworm self is wiggling in glee. I have devoured, submerged, and reveled in Ariane Trilogy. The world created by Michelle Dare is full of hope, promise, and mischief. Shifters, Vampires, and Fae - oh my!

I have zero remorse for binge reading these. I couldn't stop myself and I "Dare" you to even try. The Crucial Shift is the end of the trilogy but there's no way these characters will be contained.

Filled with sass, snark, and opinions - no one can silence these creatures. I bet even the auth
Cindy Fong
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion of the Ariane Trilogy finds Ari, Orion, Ford and the pack at the cusp of war. As with each of the books Ari finds there is more to learn about herself and her abilities. Ari has matured throughout the books and now finds her inner drive and strength to be at the center and to end the war by any means possible. There are so many levels of relationships in the story. I am sad for these characters to go on their way into the book world. There is a barrage of stunning imagery of the l ...more
Christina Oswald
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not a standalone and the final book of Ari's story. This series is amazing! The Crucial Shift is full of twists and turns and action packed. Hold on for an emotional rollercoaster. I couldn't put it down and needed to know what happens next.
I loved Ari's story and am super excited that Michelle is going to continue with other character stories.
Dayna R
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I of course needed to consume this book in one day! What an ending to an amazing trilogy... although there will be a spin off! Woo! This was a great conclusion of Rion and Ari’s story! I can’t wait to see what’s next... especially for Wake! He’s definitely my favorite! I have read everything this author has produced and I am never disappointed! Looking forward to more!
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I swear this is one of the best trilogies I’ve read!!! I could not put it down!! The story, the characters, absolutely everything was perfect. I was pulled into this world and the characters buried themselves in my heart. This is one of those stories I wish I could read a hundred times like I was reading it for the first time!!
Veronica LaRoche
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely in love with this series. The characters, the story, everything about this book I love. This series will definitely pull on your heartstrings, will make you swoon for Rion and Ford and I’m so excited there will be a spin off series. Michelle has a way of making you feel like you’re in the characters world. Another amazing series that every paranormal lover should one click.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Linda Rea
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the last book in the Trilogy but it answered a lot of questions you have. I loved this trilogy and all of the characters but I think the heroine Ariane is my favorite as she goes from naive high schooler to being immersed in a paranormal world. The book does hint that maybe some of the other characters will have a story and I will be first in line to buy it. The author did an awesome job on this series and even if you don’t like YA give this series a try you won’t be sorry.
Karen Hrdlicka
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This final installment of the Ariane Trilogy will have readers on the edge of their seats. With a pack war quickly approaching, Ari, Rion, and Ford gather more paranormals to fight on the side of right. Secrets held from decades ago are revealed, long lost friends and are found, new alliances are made, broken hearts have a chance at mending, and love and relationships are cemented. The action is fast and the world that Ms. Dare has built adds to the excitement of the plot. Her characters are dri ...more
Meredith
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is for any age not just teens. I really enjoyed and was left wanting more. I couldn't get enough of the characters. It was very well written and has just the right amount of everything.
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Avynwood Strong Stars!!!✯✯

I’m so in love with this series!!! I’m so happy to see Travis and Benedict finally get what’s coming to them.

This trilogy is so amazing. The wolves and their mates, the vampires, the fae and their ally’s are so amazing that I want to be a part of their world. I don’t want to give away the conclusion to this trilogy so here’s a few bits.

We leave off with Ari and Rion going to The Quivakokd Pack not sure what to expect. The alpha is Merrick and he happens to be
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
The Crucial Shift is book 3 in Michelle Dare’s Ariane series.

I am so over the the moon with Ariane and Orion’s story. I just love all of the Avynwood Pack characters... I really don’t know what or how to say how much I have loved reading this series... this book is so full of things going on I don’t know where to start. You will just have to read it to see what is in store for Rion and Ari. Trust in me you will not be disappointed.

I have really enjoyed reading this series with all of the ups and
Taylor Cooper
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first and foremost question is: why is there not a bigger hype about this author??

I have been extremely satisfied with this triology. I bought this on a whim after seeing it suggested on Facebook which almost never turns out good. However, the 3.99 paid for the last 2 books was totally worth it. I think this author is very underrated for her writing style. I'm currently reading Fallen by Lauren Kate, and I actually stopped reading that book to finish this book. I was more emersed in this book
Jessica Cox
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sad to see this trilogy end. I was so invested in these books and characters so Its unfortunate to see the end of Ariane and Rion and their happily ever after. We are promised spin off books for several of the characters that we love.
This book was all about action. We have been preparing for this huge War and we finally get it. This book was jammed pack with tons of fighting between so many different paranormals. Ariane discovers her new powers that to be honest surprised me. And most importantl
Rose E.E.
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this final novel of The Ariane trilogy we come to final showdown! This book succeeded in making me invested in the characters again after the previous novel didn't quite do it for me. Ariane has grown in her character and this time around there is a lot going down, and not time to be swooning over boys. I love when a writer makes a strong female lead, it's powerful stuff. This novel shows as much as Orion is there to protect and fight for her, she can do that herself, and in turn, fight for h ...more
Velma Pena
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book leaves you needing to know more, and I couldn't put it down. You learn new twist and turns throughout it. There is plenty of drama, danger, emotional turmoil and nail-biting tension to keep you fully engaged. A must read!!

This trilogy has been a roller coaster that makes your heart race and your breath catch. This series has strong supporting characters that the author has created within this series. While Ari and Rion are the main characters, you cannot help but fall in love with the
Kristen Gough
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have loved every second of reading this entire trilogy and am so glad I was provided with the opportunity to do so. This author does young adult paranormal well and I hope for so much more of this from her in the future! So many questions are finally answered in this final installment to Ari and Rion's story, but I also feel there are so many more that presented themselves while reading this. I still say that Ford is my personal favorite character and I want so much for him to have his happily ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Destined (Forever, #3)
  • Alpha Moon (Caged Moon, #1.5)
  • Untitled (The Fine Art of Pretending #3)
  • Torn (The Pteron Chronicles, #1)
  • Hearten (Bayou Bear Chronicles, #2)
  • Everything Worth Fighting For
  • Shiftless (The Neturu Chronicles #2)
  • The Summer Boyfriend (The Boyfriend #8)
  • The Challenge (The Pack #2)
  • The Celestial Kiss
  • Baptism of Fire (Draconi Series, #1)
  • Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)
  • Shadowed Instincts (Shadowed #2)
  • Hidden Embers (Chosen Storm Book 1)
  • If You Say So
  • Chosen Wolf (Curse of the Moon, #2)
  • Origin Exposed (Descended of Dragons #2)
  • Season of the Wolf (The Lost Royals Saga #4)
Michelle Dare is a romance author. Her stories range from sweet to sinful and from new adult to fantasy. There aren’t enough hours in the day for her to write all of the story ideas in her head. When not writing or reading, she’s a wife and mom living in eastern Pennsylvania. One day she hopes to be writing from a beach where she will never have to see snow or be cold again.

Facebook: https://www.f

The Ariane Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Ash Moon (The Ariane Trilogy, #1)
  • The Somber Call (The Ariane Trilogy, #2)