Start by marking “99 Percent Mine” as Want to Read:
99 Percent Mine

99 Percent Mine

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  7,537 ratings  ·  1,891 reviews
Crush: a strong and often short-lived infatuation, particularly for someone beyond your reach…

… If Darcy Barrett hadn’t met her dream man when she was eight years old, the rest of the male population wouldn’t be such a let-down. No one measures up to Tom Valeska, aka the best man on Earth, not in looks, brain or heart. Even worse is the knowledge that her twin brother Jami
Published January 29th 2019 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about 99 Percent Mine, please sign up.
Sam! at the bookstore I believe Sally Thorne has said that unfortunatley "The Comfort Zone" has been put on hold for the time being, but there is always hope that the book…moreI believe Sally Thorne has said that unfortunatley "The Comfort Zone" has been put on hold for the time being, but there is always hope that the book could be brought back at some point! In the meantime, this one looks amazing :)(less)
Amelia I actually liked the Hating Game a bit more than this one. Still enjoyable, but not related at all.

·  7,537 ratings  ·  1,891 reviews

شيماء ✨
Reading romance is all fun and games until you finish the book and you're like, “I need something romantic to happen to me like, right fucking now.”

The immense healing power of a good romance can never be overstated. Granted, I am not really a trained reader of romance. Usually, whenever I stumble upon one, I'm left feeling dissatisfied with the quality of my enamorment. I think "oh, that was ridiculous" or "eh, that was lame”. With very few exceptions, I tend not to seek out adult contemporary
Danielle
Sep 05, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

I don't even know what this is about, but after The Hating Game:

Inês
Aug 28, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have the feeling that Sally will soon become one of those authors I won't even question. I'll just read whatever she writes.
Wendy Darling
I AM READY FOR YOU, DARLING.
Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

“Maybe he’s 1 percent mine. That has to be enough.”

Sally Thorne’s long awaited and most anticipated sophomore release, 99 Percent Mine was truly a wild ride for me. I’ll be honest, it took me a while to warm up to this story and especially to this main character, but I ended up enjoying this one for the most part. But, sadly, it is no The Hating Game, or at least it wasn’t for me.

This story stars Darcy Barrett who i
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 1/8/19: So after taking some time away from this to give it a proper chance (my first read through was SO rushed and full of anxiety bc I was worried the entire time about how it would live up to the Hating Game), I finally feel like I can actually review it! Right off the bat I will say: I enjoyed this re-read FAR MORE than I enjoyed the first read through, but I'd be lying if I said this book was without it's faults. The world/relationship building... wasn't great, and honestly, the ma ...more
Bibi
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler Alert*

💥Poof💥.

There goes my 2019 reading resolution, which was:
only read what I'm genuinely interested in and no rating less than 3-stars.

But, fu fi fo fa, this. was. a. bust.

To say 99 Percent Mine was one of the most anticipated books for 2019 wouldn't be an exaggeration, which is perfectly understandable considering that Thorne's debut The Hating Game was such a hit. So, we hunkered down and marked off our calendars, with some of us wishing we could time-travel to the future.

Well
Christy
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4.25 stars!!

photo IMG_2421_zpszmnjrkak.png

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne was one of my favorite reads last year. I've read it multiple times and love it more every time I read it. When I saw this author was releasing another book, I was ecstatic. Let me start this by saying, this book wasn't like THG. I appreciate that this was so different. Tom was freaking perfect (for real) and Darcy grew on me. She wasn't my favorite from the start, but I ended up loving her by the end! Sally Throne's writing is phenomenal and she is m
Warda
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
[4.5 ⭐]

WE GOT AN EPILOGUE FOR THE HATING GAME I AM READY TO HAPPILY DIVE INTO MY GRAVE!

Thank god I enjoyed the shit out of this book. My goodness, my heart exploded a many a times!

Like everyone else, I was anticipating this book. I was borderline gagging for some more of Sally Thorne’s stories when I read The Hating Game for the first time.

So, naturally, the pedestal her next book was going to be placed on was going to be high. We were blessed with Joshua and Lucy and we couldn’t get enough of
emma
this just...wasn't The Hating Game.

review to come :(

currently-reading updates

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.

pre-review

THERE'S A COVER! THERE'S A SYNOPSIS! EVERYTHING IS COMING TOGETHER!

...

Why didn't anyone TELL ME????

--------

THE TITLE CHANGED. THE RELEASE DATE WAS PUSHED BACK. THERE IS NO LONGER A SYNOPSIS???

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING OR AT THE VERY LEAST GIVE ME A PAPER BAG TO BREATHE INTO.

--------

My feelings on this book, as told in The Office gifs.

Me reading this synopsis:

Me re
Penny Reid
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sally Thorne is a national treasure. . . and by national, I mean global. Man, I love her writing style, I love the unapologetic uniqueness of her voice, and I love how much she makes me feel.

Full review closer to release date. <3
Meredith
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads

I expected to love this, but sadly it was missing that special something.

Darcy Barrett has traveled the world since she was 18 years old. She never stays in one place too long and often supports herself as a bartender. She once had aspirations to be a photographer but pushed her career path aside after one bad experience. Running away is her coping mechanism.

When her beloved grandmother dies, she leaves Darcy, and her twin brother, Jamie, her cottage. Darcy and Jamie need to renovat
Hamad
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads, e-books
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

“Friends and family are the only ones I have a chance of keeping forever. And that’s what I want. To keep you, forever.”

🌟 This book reminded me of why I stay away from romance books as much as possible. I am so picky when it comes to books I read in this genre but boy I was disappointed!

🌟 I have seen many disappointed reviews comparing this book to The Hating Game which is the author’s successful debut and I think it
Berit☀️✨
An edgy emotional exquisite romance! This book was 100% eXCEPTIONAL!

Sally Thorne is such a wonderful storyteller! She has woven together an emotional story guaranteed to tug at your heartstrings! I absolutely loved “The Hating Game,“ and when I picked this up I was expecting the same fun funny banter I got in that book.... I did get the same outstanding banter, however this book is a little darker, a little edgier, and a lot more angsty... this book definitely put my heart through the ringer! I
Larry H
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

There were moments while devouring Sally Thorne's newest book, 99 Percent Mine, where I would have been like Sheldon in the GIF above if only there were a paper bag handy.

OMG, did I love this book! It literally took every ounce of self-control I had (plus the recognition I had a few conference calls this morning) not to stay up late last night and finish the entire book in one sitting.

For as long as she can remember, life for Darcy Barrett has involved two people—her twin brother, Jamie, and th
chandler ainsley ♕
arc provided by publisher via edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

An interesting sophomore novel from one of the biggest and newest names in romance. Interesting being the operative word.

I didn't love this book nearly as much as I had anticipated. The premise was really promising and I liked the initial set up between the two main love interests.

However I found Darcy's personality to be wholly unlikable. It felt like Thorne was trying to make Darcy as dissimilar from Lucy in The Hating Gam
Natasha Polis
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gosh darn it! Why didn't I read this slower! Sally Thorne wrote another unputtdownable romance. This is one is friends to lovers but with even more heat and hilarity than The Hating Game. Darcy and Tom are my new favorites and for those who always ask who I fancasted in these parts, here you go.

Tom: Henry Cavill or Jared Padalecki
Darcy: Margot Robbie or Scarlett Johanson
Jamie: Ryan Gosling (think Crazy Stupid Love)
Eden Church | The Required Reading List
I would read Sally Thorne's grocery list. She is THAT good.
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Memo to me: don’t get your hopes and expectations too high, just because you loved one book more than any other book you ever read about. Because when you do, you’re left disappointed.

Maybe he’s only 1 percent mine.
That has to be enough, I have to share.“

Story ⭐⭐⭐
Darcy is a wild, fierce and freedom-loving girl who is in love with her twins best friend.
He’s her childhood best friend and also engaged to a wonderful woman.
Darcy is escaping her feelings by going on travels through different cou
Hollis
I honestly can't even imagine how Thorne worked up the courage to face a new project after the success of THE HATING GAME and the obsession that it inspired. But all I can do is say thank you, muse, for giving us more from this delightful new author.

I tried to go into 99 PERCENT MINE with low expectations, despite my rabid fangirl boner, because I didn't want to shoot myself or this separate, unrelated, work in the foot. But I'm pretty sure that failed and either way it was a pointless exercise
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
“’Cause I swear, I need your hands more than I’ve ever needed anything.”

description

I just finished. I was looking past the acknowledgments for the section titled "What to Do With All of Your Feelings." I can’t find it.

And I know what everyone is thinking...

Will 99 Percent Mine live up to the hype and perfection that is The Hating Game?
Is the hero Tom anything like Joshua?
Is that same delicious combustible tension between the MCs present??

I am here to report: YES. YES IT DOES. IT SO DOES.

No - Tom is n
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 stars

You'll be shocked but this is my first book from Sally Thorne , and yes I know it's crazy right?? I loved it a lot, it was sweet and intense!

description

I loved the slow burn and the connection between the characters.Both were unique and I adored them.Such an original characters. Darcy is strong and funny.Tom is a sweet guy.They have a great chemistry.

Overall, it was a cute and heartwarming story.

Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳An angst of a romance, filled with childhood memories and adult lust that will have you questioning whether this is an ideal novel for you...

➳The hype of this novel is one that I was utterly surprised I did not take a part of. Do not get me wrong, it was a very sweet and the alpha side of Tom is one that I truly did enjoy. The possessive side of Darcy is also a point of view that I found endearing and so touching when dealing with her childhood friend whom throughout time she learned to love
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
If I can just get Tom Valeska to lose his mind over me, I can die happy.

Alright. I have a confession to make before I dive into the review for this book.
*whispers*
I haven't read The Hating Game yet.
*hides*
*pokes head back up*
Are you still judging me? Because quit it! I bought it immediately when I started this book, ok?! From this author's magical writing style, I can clearly see what I've been missing. But I digress here. What I'm going to be doing, is reviewing my very first Sally T
lucie
Jan 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am sad. I cannot believe that author who created someone as perfect as Joshua Templeman wrote this..
I felt nothing.
***
Buddy read with the one and only ♥♥
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I was supposed to love this. I even lowered my expectations when it was a fail for the Book Fairy who sent it to me. Yet here I am, all . . . . .

Oh this poor thing. And I feel soooooo bad for Sally Thorne because that gal probably had no clue The Hating Game would take off like it did and sophomore novels are hard enough - I'm sure even more so following up one like that. But this book . . . .

It was just a mess. Like the female lea
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
**ARC received via Edelweiss (THANK YOU BABY JESUS!) in exchange for an honest review-quotes are subject to change by publication, so I only used a couple :)**

There are moments in your life that truly define you as a person, moments that are far and few between but, when it happens, you just know it changes/changed you for the better. For me, dramatic as I am, I find it transcendent when I discover an author who can make me smile in the worst of times, who I will obsess and stalk and wait for in
Hulya Kara Yuksel

I LOVED The Hating Game. It's one of my favorite books but unfortunately I didn't liked this one... I took the blame 100% but please don't mind my rating, go and give a shot this book! Who knows, maybe you'll love it more than me. ;)

I really wish you love this book more than me. <3
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
5 / 5 stars

reread:
27/11/18

"We sat outside and shared a joint, and it was a thrill. 'Don't tell your father! How'd I birth such a prude? It grows in the earth, for God's sake.'"

This book was such a joy, I honestly can't express that enough, but the simple fact that I've read this book twice in one month should sum that up clearly enough for you. In true Sally Thorne fashion, she has written the perfect book; with relatable, flawed and downright hilarious characters.

sally thorne is a romance wr
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • The Bride Test
  • Meet Cute
  • Fix Her Up
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities #4)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • Motion (Laws of Physics, #1; Hypothesis, #2.1)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Dirty Charmer (The Bodyguards, #1)
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • The Place on Dalhousie
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Serious Moonlight
  • Fall Like Thieves
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels #5)
  • The Wedding Party
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
Sally Thorne is the USA Today bestselling author of the office rom-com The Hating Game (2016). It is her debut novel that has sold in over twenty-five countries and is being made into a major motion picture, to be directed by Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion and The Simpsons Movie director David Mirkin. It was named in the top 20 romance novels of 2016 by the Washington Post and was a top t ...more
“Everything. If you were mine, I’d do everything.” Our gold bubble locks shut, and a little universe fills it. The possibilities are infinite.
“I have a big imagination. Could you be more specific?” I put my hand on the side of his neck and stroke down to the hard bar of his collarbone. His skin is hot satin. His pulse nudges me.
Mine, mine, mine. One thousand percent mine until the end of time. He looks like he agrees.
“Everything you wanted or needed, I’d do it.” Amazing how he can keep it clean, but it feels so dirty. That’s the thing about good boys.
“I want and need a lot.”
A big white smile now. “No kidding. Well, I’m a hard worker.”
9 likes
“Could you tell me why you did it?” I hear the floorboards under his feet creak. “Were you lonely? Mad? Trying to get back at me for something?” He hasn’t reached the conclusion that I want his body and his pleasure, more than I want water and food.
“I’m not telling you a damn thing,” I reply, because I know that’s what will annoy him the most. “I’ll tell you one day, when we’re eighty years old.”
5 likes