Start by marking “Rushed (Love like Yours, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rushed (Love like Yours, #1)

Rushed

(Love like Yours #1)

When fate decides for you...

Ellerslie Rush left it all behind. The pain, the heartbreak, the anger...

The last thing El is looking for is love, and she's especially not prepared to get caught up in her best friends hotter than hell big brother.

Lawson Pierce doesn't give a crap about love. It's the absolute last thing on his mind. He tried it once and swore never again... so

To ask other readers questions about Rushed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rushed

Coco.V
Mar 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/14/2018)!💝
Cikita
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
for debut novel this book was nice, i liked the characters, especially the main character Ellerslie and lawson, it was easy read, What i liked from this story, it’s like romance + thriller in genre, it was a plus value of this book. At first i hadn’t thought the story would be like that, it was interesting to take the story that way.

Ellerslie life was so beautiful, complete, and had a really nice career, surrounded by the people who really loved her. before her husband dumped her with another wo
Casey ~BookObsessionConfessions~
***Edited, since my 1st review did not post entirely***

3.5 Stars!

Let me start by saying... How can you possibly leave a teaser for your next book "Pierced" and the baby not his?! Please God Nooooo!! That's just evil! My heart is already breaking for Lawson and I can already guess why it won't be his baby which makes me want to cry big fat crocodile tears!!

This was a really good debut novel by Nicole Goodin and I absolutely adored Lawson. He was so sweet and so protective of El that it made me sw
Natalie Williams (BibliophileLove_ox)
This was a debut novel. Yes, one lady who took a chance to write a book with nothing but hope that people would love it. A chance I'm glad she took because I FUCKING LOVED IT!!

Nicole goodin has take 26 letters and transformed them into something brilliant, beautiful and one of my favourite books of 2016. I fell in love with her characters, every single one of them. I've never read a book with three character points of view before, honestly I didn't think I'd be able to get into it but i actuall
sl.reads
This is the first book I've read from Nicole Goodin and I really liked it!

I absolutely loved the characters she created! El and Lawson are such a great couple! I love that she speaks her mind but stills humors Lawson even when he's being too protective! This was the first book where I got to see a secondary character have their own POV. I really liked that aspect of the book. All in all, this was a great read!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I devoured this story. This is a great read
Heather Kirchhoff
Wow. This book is amazing. I didn't want to stop reading. It was intense and really good. I'm super happy things turned out the way they did. There were a few times I laughed or shook my head at what someone said or did at the end. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Kami
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I could've enjoyed this much more if it wasn't for a few things that just drove me crazy. 1st- the main characters did not act their age. They were supposed to be late twenties to early thirties but came across as early twenties. Theses were CEO's/owners of their own businesses but the way they talked and behaved I don't know how that happened. Ok, 2nd- the author needs to do more research about American talk/slang. It is not the same as England/Australia/New Zealand or wherever the author is fr ...more
Anna Harris
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay time for my review of this book. I really enjoyed this. The author, Nicole Goodin did a fantastic job with this novel. She did a superb job of bringing the characters to life and she introduced some other alpha male characters which you get the impression will eventually have their own stories ( I hope - really hope she writes novels for Rome and Logan). I loved the dynamic between the main characters Lawson and Ellerslie and Ellerslies kick arse sidekick, Quinn. Though the main characters ...more
Tongan Book Lover
I'm kinda in love with Lawson

I'm really sad to say it because I love the story line and the characters, but this book has so much potential to be better. I loved the idea and the suspense, it was unique and fascinating. But the whole thing felt very forced and rushed. The characters needed more development and some parts were lacking a lot of emotion.

There were parts of the story that was all over the place and vague. And while there is a lot of work needed on this book, it still had its upside
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
omg I loved this story. Ellerslie has had just about all she can from her soon to be ex husband a new start is what she needs, she convinces her father and BFF that moving to Boston would be perfect, she just never realized how good til she meets Lawson, he makes her feel things she never felt before but is she ready to give her heart again? Lawson hasn't been one for commitment since he got burned but Ellerslie is doing things and making him feel things he's never felt before, can he trust his ...more
Kaila
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting story. The characters were sweet and amazing. Their love was wonderfully written. Their was truthful suspense and so much interesting things going on. I really enjoyed the way this was written and how everything was put together. This author is a new one for me but I enjoyed her work and would love to read more.
Cassandra
Good but...

So- maybe I’m an old fart but I felt like these 30 year olds were acting like 20 yr olds. Then, you have characters set in America with no connection to England or Australia or New Zeland and they are using that slang.... so it was a good book and a nice read but those little things really did kill it for me.
Charlie
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this novel. I am eagerly awaiting the next instalment.
Rachel
Jul 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Almost finished but could not! Too many people in the story. Not great!
Julie
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these characters. can't wait to some more of there stories - exciting new author, worth taking a chance on! and it's free!
Ellie
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE this! Can't wait for Pierced to come out
Stacey Broadbent
I've read this whole series out of order! It's a good thing each one stands on its own :)

Rushed is the first in the Love Like Yours series, and it was really quite nice to see how Ellerslie and Lawson actually ended up together after reading about their amazing love connection in the other books that follow.

In this book we see how strong, yet vulnerable Ellerslie is, and how much she grows when Lawson comes into her life. She's been hurt and her self esteem is low. A fresh start in a new city is
Gudrun
It is not recommendable to read on the beach when it might be necessary to look out occasionally for your children, because you have to pay close attention to the varying POVs otherwise it is confusing. There are not only those of the MCs' but also her best friend.

I don't know why the author, clearly not American, placed the setting in the US. She doesn't mention any cities, rivers etc. so it feels very vague.

Why do very successful people around 30 behave like 20 year old college students?

Is it
Phoenix
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
I am almost positive the rest of the world will probably give this book a 5 because, in all honesty, it was a 5. I am just not that lovey dovey. At first, I was all heck yea this book has an insane attraction and I thought I would burst, but half a book is a little much of gooey eyes and long staring moments. I am sure it is just me, so like I said I am sure everyone else will give it a 5. I really liked all the characters except for Colt, but I am not sure he is sticking around anyway. I laughe ...more
Lynn Bremer
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice tale

Nice story and I'm looking forward to the next tale in the trilogy. I thought the characters were well defined. The only problem is the characters, except for Lisa, are Americans but the author uses British words and slang! This is especially distracting coming from Q and Lawson who are supposed to be from Texas. There is one "y'all". I'm a Texas gal, where are all the "yes ma'am"s, "darlin"s, and especially the "y'all"s? Please get someone to proof your American and Texas words!
Renee Mccleary
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Swoonworthy and Suspenseful!!

I enjoyed this book. It was a best friends brother book and it was fun to read. It did take me a little while to get into it but when Lawson came into the picture I was hooked. I loved Elle she was smart and strong. Lawson had me swooning and melting into a pile of goo!! I loved thier chemistry!! I loved the secondary characters and I hope they get books!!
Michaele
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

This book had me laughing,crying and sometimes in suspense. I had a hard time putting it down. It was truly and enjoyable read. The characters were charming, lovable, weak at times and strong at times. I liked the mixture. Looking forward to reading other books related to these couples and characters.
Carro Herdegen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Language: R (354+ swears, 42+ "f"); Mature Content: R (innuendo and sex); Violence: PG
I am not a fan of the way that the main guy thinks about his love interest, and the language and sexual content got to an insane level only a third of the way through the book. Putting up with that for any longer would not be enjoyable, so I stopped.
Caroline O'Sullivan
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book.

Funny story.

I went to my local library to order in the next 3 books in this series. The librarian said, did you know the author comes from this town? I said no way!! What a small world.
I came home and told my husband, he looked at the book and said, oh yeah that's Nicole. My husband works for her parents!!! How small is this world.
R yatsko
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#review

Loved this book!
Ellerslie.....needed an change, and moved to Boston..
...with best friend , started a new business...

Ellerslie, meets a cocky...arrogant sexy man at the gym.
....she couldn't get him of her mind...

Finding out that it Lawson best friends brother!!!!!!
...sparks, tension.... set them into motion !!!!

What great story, alluring and also suspenseful
Shannon Davison
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Loved This Book

Lawson and Ellerslie are so good together. The chemistry between them is off the charts. I really enjoyed reading this book and I'm diving into the next one now.
Bec ca
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read

What a good story and one that a author didn't leave anything out with jumping around.. you will totally love this story can't wait to read anoter story by this author.
Sherry Payton
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS!

Could not put it down. This book has everything, family, friendship, suspense and love. Can't wait to read the next in this series.
Goodreads Librari...: Old book cover 4 16 Feb 03, 2017 12:55AM

• Match Pointe
  • Keeping Thyme (Thyme Trilogy, #3)
  • Blank Canvas
  • Into My Arms
  • TouchStone for ever (Story of Us Trilogy, #3)
  • Grey and Darker (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian #1-2)
  • Rebound
  • Enemy Within (Unseen Enemy, #1)
  • Seducing the Defendant (Conflict of Interest, #2)
  • Lethal Beauty (Mia Quinn, #3)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Before You (Before & After, #1)
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • Kiss of the Night (Carnal Thirst, #2)
  • Aftermath
  • Dare to Seduce (NY Dares, #3)
  • Knocked Up  (Crazy Love, #2)
  • Heart of Marley
NICOLE S. GOODIN is a romance author and mother of two from Taranaki in the North Island of New Zealand.
In mid-2015, she started to write about a group of characters who wouldn’t get out of her head. Her first book, Rushed, was published in mid-2016.
Nicole enjoys long walks on the beach, pillow fights and braiding her friends’ hair. She dislikes clichés, talking about herself in the third person,

Love like Yours (3 books)
  • Hunted (Love like Yours, #2)
  • Chased (Love like Yours, #3)