Start by marking “High School Hero (Forest Ridge High Book 1)” as Want to Read:
High School Hero (Forest Ridge High Book 1)

High School Hero (Forest Ridge High Book 1)

Kristen McDonald has dreamed of being crowned prom queen for the past three years. Now, with prom only weeks away, her boyfriend starts becoming someone she doesn't even recognize. Sure he's got a lot on his mind with college decision and football playoffs coming up, but that doesn't excuse him for acting like a major jerk.

Matt Brady, the annoying but gorgeous bad boy wh
Published April 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about High School Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High School Hero

Start your review of High School Hero (Forest Ridge High Book 1)
Britt
*this review contains a few unmarked spoilers*
I looked through reviews on Amazon and Goodreads because I really wasn't sure how to begin writing this review. After seeing what other people said, though, I'm not sure we actually read the same book. The book has a fair array of mixed star ratings, but most of the actual reviews... come with a 5-star rating.
?????????
I'm... not really sure where to begin. The story is basically your average love triangle, which I'm usually not a bi
SℓιM
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book.

Smh 🤦🏽♀

Let me say this I knew Kristen was going to be mad annoying...

•••• wait before I get into what I got to say; there’s going to be a lot or a few spoilers in my review•••***

So anyways I knew she was annoying because, for one thing, she was mad dumb; naive little girl; due to the fact she let “George” do mean things to her, and not/>••••
Pascale
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. A bit more edgy than I expected. Great plot. I will definitely read the next books in the stories.
Erin  Bishop
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

This book was nothing short of amazing. I found myself becoming emotionally invested with the main character Kristin from the 1st page. I could easily see myself in her as she navigated life as a high school student. I found that I was tearing through each page in anticipation of what was coming next for our main character and all her friends. I thought I had one character Laurie figured out, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong. You know that an author is tr
Terra Wilbanks
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is highly addictive. I was hooked from Chapter 1. I love how sweet and kind Kristen is. I want to punch George. Oh sweet Matt, what a guy! I couldn't have asked for a better story. Definitely interesting turn of events. I am beyond happy with how it all turned out.

Well written and honestly just a great book!
SD Jericho
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
When I started this book Kristen irritated me no end. I feared that I’d ended up in another Sweet Valley High Universe and Kristen was Jennifer… or Jessica… Who was the shallow twin obsessed with popularity?? Anyway, she wasn’t as jealous, completely self-obsessed and dodgy as Jen/Jess and she had some redeeming qualities – I like a girl who can honestly say that her friend is more gorgeous than her without whining about it and she does give credit where it’s due even if it does initially come a ...more
Grace Hurd
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pros:
Well written
Realistic
Fast paced
Good dialogue

Kirsten, Matt and George's stories all intertwine around what seems to be potentially harmful situation which quickly moves to full blown danger at Forest Ridge high. The writing overall was enjoyable with little innuendo; however there was at least one occasion where the main characters spend the night, but they didn't move further than kissing. At first Kirsten appears shallow, because of her single goal to become
Rebecca Sousa
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good, I could not put it down if your a fan of pretty little liars or 13 reasons why you will definitely be a fan of this book! It was full of secrets and mystery as well as more sensitive subject matter such as steroid use and seeing the negative side affects that comes with drug abuse. However the key theme that was discussed throughout this book was the pressure high school stereotypes put on young adults and how it can negatively impact the overall high school experience ...more
Terra
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a highly addictive book!

I couldn't put this book down for a second. Kristen is such a sweet character, I wanted to punch George! I was truly Happy that the boy next door Matt was her prince charming.

This was beautifully written, a good clean fun book with an interesting turn of events.

I highly recommend this book.
Georgia
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy for an honest review. It's a drama-filled story, that's for sure. I might have given it more stars if Kristen wasn't so naive and gullible. Matt seemed decent. I kinda wanted more of AB in the story, but that's just because I love dogs so much.
Leeann
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was a sweet high school romance that dealt with some quite serious issues- steroid use, cheating, suicide, it had it all. I liked Kristen's character, she went from a shallow girl to someone who was caring and kind. It was an easy to read, enjoyable story
Rachel
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Very much a young adult book, which was not what I was expecting, but in hindsight should have guessed that it was. Again found the main female character very passive but if a young adult story I suppose it would be more relatable for the reader. The storyline was well written overall.
Jody ~ Reading To Live A Thousand More Lives
Very good book

I love young adult romances and this one was really good. It had ministries some suspense and then the romance extender one but what a great read!
Patricia A.Bunn
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

Great Book I love it it was great and powerful and I think that you might love this book
Thank You For Letting Me Read This Book I love 💘💘💘💘💘💘
Gerri Roche
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I couldn't put it down, took me 3 hours to read it. It was awesome. I highly recommend this book. Excellent read.it had me from the beginning.
Dorothy Morris
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book about two people that are opposite attracted to each other.
Carro Herdegen
Jul 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I stopped reading because the conflict was repetitive. Kristin and Matt rehash the same problems without learning anything or changing their behaviors, which is just annoying to read.
Lacey
rated it it was ok
May 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Tomboy & the Rebel
  • The Shy Girl and the Football Star (The Sunday Lunchers Book 1)
  • The Perks of Hating You
  • Truth or Dare (A Bayfield High Romance Book 1)
  • A Whole New League (Briarwood High #2)
  • Rumor Has It (Rumor Has It, #1)
  • The Perfect League (Briarwood High #3)
  • It Was Always You (Ridgewater High #3)
  • Kenzie And The Guy Next Door (Scandalous, #4)
  • Save Me
  • Accidentally Perfect
  • The Holiday Kiss (Briarwood High Book 4)
  • The Dating Dare
  • A Little Bit Haunted
  • Keeping Up Appearances
  • Out of His League (Briarwood High #1)
  • Meet Me There (Ridgewater High #1)
  • Senior Week Crush (Summer Love Book 2)