Start by marking “Everything but the Earl (Wayward & Willful, #1)” as Want to Read:
Everything but the Earl (Wayward & Willful, #1)

Everything but the Earl (Wayward & Willful #1)

4.79  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Miss Caroline Crispin is on top of the world. But she’s about to take a painful fall.

As the daughter of London’s most in-demand architect, Caro has laughed and danced and pursued her interests with gusto—free from Society’s censure. So when she overhears two lords calling her vulgar names and wagering on whose lover she’ll become, she’s shocked and stung—and determined to
Published July 3rd 2018 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Everything but the Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything but the Earl

Nicole Terry
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything but the Earl is a charming and witty historical romp. Romping aside though, this is an emotionally invested story as well. And not just from the heroine's POV either. It was nice to see a hero with issues of identity and living up to family and outsider expectations. The heroine grows but not at the sacrifice of her innate personality.

Thoroughly enjoyed.

I'd recommend it for fans of Jenna MacGregor, Mary Balogh, and Valerie Bowman.
Patricia Friedrich
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything but the Earl is such a fun book to read. The historical reconstruction is great as are the adventures that Caro, the protagonist, devises. Willa Ramsey's writing is natural and full of wit. Highly recommended.
Evelyn Nash
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caro is exactly the kind of heroine I look for - smart, funny, and not just up for but spearheading adventure. The witty exchanges between Caro and Lord Ryland make the pair easy to root for. Ramsey’s skillful writing instantly transported me into the time period and Caro’s world. I found myself smitten with each new character. I can’t wait for more from this author!
Stephanie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything but the Earl delivers a winning combination of a couple you can root for, witty banter, a thoughtful cast of supporting characters, and one very charming dog. Caro and Lord Ryland make an engaging focal point for the story, and Ramsey does a nice job of tracing their transition from partners in adventure to partners in something more. The sweet, caring relationships between Lord Ryland and his sister and between Caro and her parents provide even more of Ramsey’s snappy and funny dialo ...more
Neg Dardashti
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything but the Earl is a witty, fresh look on Regency-era romance. Caro's confidence and her no-nonsense personality, paired with Lord Ryland's charm but hidden familial insecurities, make this couple easy to invest in. I found myself pulled into the story from the very start, and rooting for them to succeed. I had a tough time putting it down! A must-read for fans of this genre. You will not be disappointed.
Fran
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this was absolutely amazing! I loved everything about it! Caro and Edie were the best of friends and honestly reminded me a bit of my besties relationship with me. We were always there for each other but completely willing to tease one another when it was prudent to do so. I loved the book touching on that. The relationships between not just the hero and heroine but the people in their lives.

Caro and her mom, I loved their little heart to heart towards the end. Adam and his sister Edie were s
Maryanne
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this delightful, fun, and charming Regency romance. This is a wonderfully character-driven romance with a fresh, intelligent, non-conforming (in all the best ways) heroine and a charming, smart, and less than conventional hero (again, in the very best ways). The supporting characters also surprise and engage the reader, and I look forward to more of them in future installments in the series. Finally, the novel has a social cons
Hester Fox
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Witty, heartwarming, smart, and of course sparkling chemistry....EVERYTHING BUT THE EARL was an absolute treat! Willa Ramsey brings a fresh voice to my favorite genre, and I'm so excited to have a new Regency romance author to add to my auto-buy list of Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, and Tessa Dare.
Dianne Freeman
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Caroline Crispin learns two men she’d thought were her friends made a bet behind her back over which of the two would get her in his bed before the end of the season, she’s not about to take the insult like some shrinking violet. She decides to teach them a lesson and enlists the help of her best friend’s brother. What follows is an outrageous scheme, a series of adventures, and a lovely ‘friends to lovers’ romance. I loved Caro’s determination to stand up for herself, and womankind, and Ad ...more
Cass
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Regency romance for the #MeToo era! I loved the unabashedly flirtatious heroine and the conscientious hero. There are some wonderful moments of humor, but also a fee that had me nodding along in utter sympathy. Overall, a delightful romp, witty and engaging.
Jenn
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was sucked into this book immediately. Usually it takes me a little while to warm up to historical romances, but I found myself thinking about the characters all day long and looking forward to when I could read more. I loved the way it included the traditions that I look for in historical romance, but it also turned some of the others on their head, like the fact that Adam wanted to have a love match. It was refreshing to read about a man who wasn’t begrudgingly looking for a wife just so he ...more
Jaycee Jarvis
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Witty and engaging, this debut left me eager for more from Willa Ramsey. I loved the unconventional heroine and the romantic hero with a heart of gold. I was cheering for them all the way to their HEA!
Samantha Heuwagen
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I never read romance but this caught my eye and I’m so glad it did! Loved every minute of it! It’s so cute—a perfect read for summer!
Nadia Hinson
Apr 29, 2018
Rachel Pudelek
May 04, 2018
Willa Ramsey
May 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Kari