Start by marking “Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)

Chef Sugarlips

(Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies #2)

Published May 18th 2018 (first published May 12th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Chef Sugarlips, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chef Sugarlips

Start your review of Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)
Jacob Proffitt
This is second in a series and people and events from the other are prominent enough that I'd recommend reading in order, though that's not really necessary.

I'll admit that I pushed this up on the to-read pile because I kind of love the title (though that cover is kind of weird). I knew that I'd like Amber and was happy to find her as amazing as I thought she'd be. I liked how much she worked to get people what they need and I liked her unabashed personality as she weathered emotional hits from
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Sean can create the most intricate of delicious meals, but relationships elude him. He just can't get the recipe correct. Add in that he's quite busy with a new restaurant and building a luxury resort with his family, and yeah, time is an ingredient he doesn't have enough of. At least that's what he thinks until he gets the stuffing almost knocked out of him by a turkey wielded by his dream girl. Suddenly focusing on food is increasingly difficult as his eyes are continually drawn t
Alex in Spades
4 Crazy About You Stars

This was such a cute story, that for me was perfect for this time of year. The reindeer spirit was strong with this one.

Sean and Amber were amazing together, I really liked their transition from easy friends to lovers. They were perfectly flirty, and really sweet. Also this story was adorably funny. I truly enjoyed Sean's siblings (I hope all of them will get their own books).
"I've always been in love with her, but this is different. I'm in love the real Amber. Not som
Bec
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sean and Amber are two people not looking for a relationship. He's busy working alongside his family to build and open a luxury resort and launch a new restaurant while Amber is determined to make a go of the country chic wedding idea she has for her family's reindeer ranch. However, when Amber turns to Sean for help, he's more than happy to lend a hand. Yet, the more time they spend together, the more they find themselves falling for the other. Will Sean and Amber take a chance on each other or ...more
Regina
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Attention: NSFPT - Not Safe For Public Transportation, might induce mid-swoon snort-laughing!

Tawna Fenske has done it again and delivered another story that is equally hilarious, heart-warming, and swoon-worthy, while tackling some serious issues as well.

What I love about Tawna Fenske's books in general (at least the ones I've read so far), and this book in particular, are the family dynamics - both functional and dysfunctional. ;)
I definitely want to read more stories about these characters!
Linda Grimes
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely the most fun I've had in a kitchen in very long time! Chef Sugarlips can preheat my oven anytime. ;)
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very enjoyable story. I liked both Sean and Amber and found their story to be very engaging. Although this is book #2 in the series, it does fine as a standalone (I haven't read #1 yet).

Amber is the co-owner of a reindeer ranch with her sister, Jade. Amber has a degree in marketing and holds events at the ranch, like weddings and such. Amber was known as "flawless Amber" in high school (much to her chagrin) because of her brains, looks and great personality. Unfortunately, that
Coco.V
Mar 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (3/22/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Sean Bracelyn can whip up a saffron-laced lobster risotto in his sleep, but relationships? That’s one recipe he hasn’t nailed. Not that he has time, between launching a new restaurant and building a luxury resort with his awkwardly-blended family. But when his dream girl nearly knocks him unconscious with a dead turkey, it’s all Sean can do to keep his eyes on the gazpacho and off Amber King’s perfect curves.

Amber’s done with guys propping her on a ped
Diane
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud fun with all the feels…

I couldn’t wait to get back to the Reindeer farm! I needed sweetness and light. Emotion and feels. And puns and laughter. I got it all with Amber and Sean’s story!

“It’s not every day a guy comes face to face with the girl he’s had a crush on since he wore Batman Underoos.”

Re-united over weddings, over food, these two gelled like reindeer and oats, champagne and caviar, and love spuds? Yes, the puns have it and they were everywhere – hilarious and laugh o
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
When the true-blue, flesh and blood version of your fantasy girl is so much better than you imagined.
When Sean Bracelyn bumps into his childhood crush years later, all his teenage fantasies come rushing back to life... winning "Flawless Amber's" heart is his top priority... but having a serial philanderer for a father has made him have loads of trust issues... issues which may cost him the love of his life! A hilariously, sweet Romantic Comedy I highly enjoyed reading. 5 Mirth-Filled Stars for "
J Williams
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is really, really funny. Yes, it touches on some serious subjects with sensitivity and feeling but overall it is hilarious. Amazing first meeting, questionable cookies, lingerie shenanigans, plus more awkward reindeer mating facts equals a quirky book that actually made me spit tea from laughing. I was rooting for Sean and Amber from that first meeting. Their chemistry is amazing. Loved it!!
Cheryl
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amber and Sean were awesome together. I laughed until my side hurt. Your sense of humor is epic. The way you slide in the funniest phrases is just great. It was good to see Sean’s insight into his Mom come to fruition. The incident at the first wedding was hilarious. No wonder I can’t put your books down until I’m done reading. Keep them coming ❤️❤️ received ARC for review.
T. Rosado
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, rom-com, fave-author

4.5 Stars

Chef Sugarlips is the second book in the Ponderosa Resort series. If you missed the first book (Studmuffin Santa,) I recommend reading it, but this book reads perfectly well as a standalone. In this outing, Amber from Reindeer Ranch is seeking catering assistance from head chef/co-owner Sean of Ponderosa Ranch and once again, humor and romance abounds.

This book was a quick read, because I was consistently intrigued and invested. Purposefully, Sean's backstory is a bit of a mystery and t
Marissa
Jul 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is not my type of humor. Childish jokes and references to pop culture. I was hoping this would be something light and quick. It was quick but not enjoyable for me.
D Call
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sex
Sean as a character is well developed. He's a chef, and boy! does he know food and kitchens, as shown by the details the author provides. Amber's not as well developed, but Sean's broken enough for the story. It's pretty cool the sisters are still dealing with high school issues: Jade being bullied for being heavy and Amber with seeming to be perfect. Good thing they're 5y apart so their relationship is solid!

Sex: multiple scenes
Language: 20 F words, 73 Lord's name in vain, 22 S words
Violence: n
Deborah Blake
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous romp through love and humor. Can't wait for the next one!
Anna lost in stories *A*
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, contemporary
I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this is the first book in Tawna's new series, and it's a hit right from the start :) for such a quick read I have surprisingly a lot of things to say about it, so let's just dive straight into my review... which, because of my spoiler free rule might not be as long as I initially anticipated... ;) anyway, moving on :)

Let's start with some basic informations... this may be the beginning of a brand new series, but it's not the first book set in
Limecello
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I liked this book but ... >.>
Just a few days later [namely now] had to look up Sean and Amber's names so ... oops.

I ... I dunno - it was super cute how Sean had had a crush on Amber forever, although the "I'm in love with you" before he even really knew her... I did like how he was so gone for her once he did get to know her but man I hated hated hated the "cyborg" Sean.

And the "I just don't have the bandwidth for you" like - I get the why ... kinda? But like - your mom is a fucking vampire and
Sandy S
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 18, 2018

Amber’s done with guys propping her
Rosie
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read by the great Tawna Fenske!

Amber is the beautiful girl next door. Only she’s tired of being the girl guys dream to take home—and then ditch once they’ve tasted the dream. Sean’s one of the heirs taking over Ponderosa Resort. As a world renowned chef, he’s hailed as having great taste. Sounds like a recipe for success, until their pasts sneak up on them both. Can they make something sweet?—or will they burn to a crisp??

Amber is skittering after her last boyfriend tried to sabo
Diane
A tasty new RomCom!!

I loved this new book from Tawna Fenske. It is a great little romp into a world with a hunky guy, fabulous food, and excellent humor. What more could a person want in a romance read?
This new novel is part of an upcoming series and I’m really looking forward to the rest of the stories that will be coming as part of the series. The books are in a great setting, and the characters are all great so far. In fact, I think that the author does a fabulous job of focusing on the main
Shawn
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book is an enjoyable and hilarious read! This is the 1st book in the Ponderosa Luxury Ranch Resort Romance. We were introduced to the King sisters in Studmuffin Santa. This stand-alone is Amber’s story. It begins with her showing a Mom & daughter the barn setting for a rustic wedding. Amber has started her business as a wedding planner. Of course we can’t forget there are reindeer in the story, since the sisters own a reindeer farm.
While making plans for the wedding, there is a need to find
Riet De Bruin-Strijker
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, what a hot, wonderful and fun read! At some parts I laughed so hard, my husband came to check what happened… I must admit- I’ll wash my bras more regularly now. I loved the witty banter, learned a lot about food and animals in the meantime and I loved the name the three-legged cat got. I loved it all! It was an uplifting experience and it left me with sore cheeks, but it was sooo good! Now I want to read Studmuffin Santa too! This is what it’s all about:
Sean Bracelyn can whip up a saffron
Heather Nobbs
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! This is the second book in the Ponderosa Resort series and it does not disappoint. I love when I can read a romance and get a chuckle when I read. This is the story of Amber and Sean. Amber is a wedding planner at the reindeer farm she lives on with her sister Jade, who we met in book one. Sean is a chef who lives on the neighboring ranch he will be opening with his siblings. Amber turns to Sean for help when she has a last minute wedding to plan and can’t find a caterer that is ...more
Stacy J.
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. There was so much warmth and heart mixed in with secrets and misunderstandings. These two characters were so relatable it felt like I was reading about friends.

I really liked Amber, I felt like she could have been someone I knew. In high school she was looked at in a certain way and she can't seem to shake that perception. While its not necessarily mean in any way, the expectations that comes with it is hard for her to carry sometimes and makes her doubt herself and the men sh
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this is the first book in the Ponderosa Ranch series written by Tawna Fenske. Amber has been helping her sister run their reindeer ranch and bringing more customers by transforming their ranch into a country chic wedding venue to bring in some extra money. Sean is busy trying to get his new restaurant and building a luxury resort with his awkwardly blended family which is the neighboring property to Amber’s property. Keeping their distance is tough enough before Sean and Am ...more
Jessica White
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Tawna. Her books always have the right amount of heat and sweet.
This book takes place at the Ponderosa Luxury Resort where Studmuffin Santa takes place. This story features Amber, a marketing and event planner, and Sean, a Michelin-starred chef. Amber works with her sister, Jade, on their reindeer farm which is planning weddings in the off Christmas season. They need a chef so Amber goes to talk with Sean and their first encounter in this book is awesome!
Sean knew of Amber as a teen and
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His lips brush mine in a kiss that’s sweet and lingering. A kiss I’ll be feeling for days. It’s soft and gentle so dizzying that I forget I’ve asked a question until he draws back.

Guys! Filled with what I’ve come to recognize as Tawna Fenske’s signature quirky humor and likable characters, Chef Sugarlips is another engaging, enjoyable and excellent story.

Groped

I don’t really have much to add to that, honestly. I’m exhausted from days of back-and-forth travel and bureaucracy, but the one bright spot fo
Tanisha
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I first heard about Tawna Fenske in August of 2015 when her book "About That Fling" was featured as a "Kindle First." I kind of fell in love with the way that she tells a story. Her characters are fun, and even ones you may not like at first tend to grow on you. Since then, I have read anything that I have found by Tawna.

When I first read "Studmuffin Santa," I absolutely loved the main character of the story, and as the book progressed, I really started to love her sister also. When I found out
Deb
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sean is a famous chef, and has gone in with his brothers and sister in the Ponderosa Ranch - left to them by their father. This could be awkward, as they all have different mothers, and Sean's mother is not one of the favorites. She is also a famous chef, and is sticking her nose into the ranch.

Amber runs the neighboring reindeer ranch with her sister, and is afraid the Ponderosa Luxury Resort will drive them out of the wedding business she is cultivating.

The characters are well written. Family
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Falling for the Hometown Girl (Marshall Ranch, #2)
  • Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
  • Challenging the Doctor (Marietta Medical, #2)
  • More Than This (The O'Learys, #1)
  • Something New (Lone Star Match, #3)
  • If I Can't Have You (The Thorntons, #3)
  • Unsolicited Advice (Between the Sheets, #3)
  • A Marvell Country Christmas (Men of the Marvell Ranch #2)
  • How to Marry a Billionaire (Operation Billionaire, #1)
  • Love Under Construction (Love By Design, #1)
  • Fiancé for the Night (One Night to Forever #1)
  • Playing with You (Riding Tall, #5)
  • Seaside Summers: Books 1-3 Boxed Set (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #1-3)
  • Sweet for a SEAL (Angel Cay #1; ASSIGNMENT: Caribbean Nights #3)
  • Craving Heat (Steele Ridge: The Kingstons, #1)
  • How to Knit a Wild Bikini (Billionaire's Beach, #1)
  • Stupid Smart  (Jaded #3)
  • Love Over Logic (Desert Monsoon, #2)
When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until she’d read them all. Now she’s a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawna’s offbeat romances with mult ...more

Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies (9 books)
  • Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Sergeant Sexypants (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Stiff Suit (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Mancandy Crush (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Snowbound Squeeze (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Dr. Hot Stuff (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies #9)