Start by marking “Lady Mechanika Volume 4: The Clockwork Assassin” as Want to Read:
Lady Mechanika Volume 4: The Clockwork Assassin

Lady Mechanika Volume 4: The Clockwork Assassin

(Lady Mechanika Serie #5)

When a series of brutal murders linked to Mr. Lewis' past leads Detective Inspector Singh to Lady Mechanika's doorstep, the Inspector is finally forced to consider: is Lady Mechanika a crime-fighting hero or a cold blooded killer? 2017 Diamond Gem Award Nominee for Comic Book of the Year $3.99 or Under (Lady Mechanika: Clockwork Assassin #1).
Published June 26th 2018 by Benitez Productions

To ask other readers questions about Lady Mechanika Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Mechanika Volume 4

Start your review of Lady Mechanika Volume 4: The Clockwork Assassin
[Shai] Bibliophage
I was able to read a free copy of the first installment of the Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte before. I was really amazed by how great that issue is and I promised that someday I would try to check the other stories in the Lady Mechanika series.
Lady Mechanika Vol. 4: The Clockwork Assassin
And now, I saw that there's another free reading copy of the incredible this comic book. I was ecstatic to get my hands on this digital copy, and I'm really happy and amazed at how great the tandem of Benitez and Chen in coming up with this
Chad
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss, 2018
The murder-mystery isn't much to speak of. The character designs and world building, however, are fantastic. In this volume, we peer into Mr. Lewis's (Lady Mechanika's inventor friend and sidekick) backstory. I like the nice touches of adding the gearworks frames around each page.

Received an advance copy from Benitez Productions and Edelweiss. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Corrie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika, Volume 4: Clockwork Killer gives us a chilling mystery set in the dark streets of London. Famous engineers are dying left and right at the hand of a mysterious killer bearing a striking resemblance to Lady Mechanica. Who is trying to frame her? Lady Mechanika is in a race against time to stop the killer and at the same time trying to clear her name.

Joe Benítez supplies us with oodles of gorgeously detailed art. The storyline has plenty of action, suspence and a nice twist at the
Cathy
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I read Volume 1 some time ago and thought I give this a try. Pretty much the same experience. Pretty nice artwork, if you dont mind that the women are built like Barbie and have rubber tire lips. I like the muted colours.

The murder mystery was ok, alas it did not interest me much. There is a twist at the end, but it is not terribly surprising.

If you are into steampunk murder-mysteries with busty women, this might be a great choice.

There is some confusion regrading the numbering. Not quite sure
Cyndi
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! I love the art! A Victorian clockwork assassin is taking out men from a secret organization. But is the assassin our heroine?
Jessica Strider
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pros: gorgeous artwork, interesting characters, short mystery

Cons:

When old co-workers of Archibald Lewis start dying, Lady Mechanika is implicated in their murders.

As with the previous volumes I loved the artwork. I love the sharp cheekbones and narrow chins. I love Lady Mechanikas Victorian-steampunk outfits. Theres a lot of motion and animation to the frames.

This volume can easily be read independent of the others (there are 2 minor references to prior events). The mystery is fast paced and
Florin Pitea
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it to pieces. It might have benefitted from a longer story arc, but it has a tight plot, great dialogues and astonishing artwork, not to mention a fabulous cover gallery at the end. Highly recommended.
Steve
I received this from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Beautiful artwork, good story. I am confused about the naming, though. Cover says "Volume 4", but all the titles on Goodreads, Edelweiss, and Amazon say "Volume 5".
Timothy Boyd
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Very nice Steampunk style comic. Really nice art and story made this an enjoyable read. Recommended
Devann
I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley

Once again I'm kind of disappointed that this volume is so short because I think it definitely could have benefited from a few extra details. Still, it was a fun read and I think the series has really come into its own with the last few volumes so I'm definitely glad i didn't stop reading this series. I absolutely love the new art style in this volume. I think the style is a good fit for this book and is a testament to the fact that you actually
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for the review copy in exchange for an honest review

One graphic novel I have heard a bit about would be Lady Mechanika. While searching through what kind of comics and graphic novels I could read through the library I found a few volumes of this graphic novel. Shortly after that I found this volume on Netgalley and decided to give it a try.

When I first looked into Lady Mechanika I had to really search what was what. Most of these big volumes are first
47Time
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-fantasy
A man is killed in the street by being cut in two at the waist. Given the force of the blow a person with mechanical enhancements is suspected. At the victim's funeral a friend of the man is also killed without anyone noticing the deed, not even the dead man himself. The thing they have in common is that they worked for Athena Industries and Blackpool Armaments in weapons design. Singh accuses Lady Mechanika after a witness claims to have seen her killing a third victim.

(view spoiler)
Ioanna
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A mysterious murderer lurks in the dark. The victims have been sliced in half by someone with enormous strength and skills, and Lady Mechanika is accused of the murders, as she is the only one capable of such brutality. But as the murdered victims are connected to each other and to Mr. Lewis, Lady Mechanika and Detective Inspector Singh will have to work together in order to find the real
Jessica
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hesitate to give this a low rating as the art style and characters are brilliant, however, these volumes keep getting shorter and shorter and I feel unfulfilled by the end of the story.
Nicola Mansfield
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I've really enjoyed all the Lady Mechanika books. This one isn't quite up to par with the others as the plot is rather dull and it's very short leaving us without much character development. There isn't really any action until the ending. The illustration, however, is as one would expect. The steampunk outfits are gorgeous. The ending is non-finite leaving us with the distinct impression there will be a sequel. Not the best in the series but a fun diversion.
Marjolein
Full review to come!
Albert
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika, Vol. 5: Clockwork Assassin is another great addition to Joe Benitez and his run on this book. You will be blown away by the artwork but what Benitez does so well here is tell the story. Each tale in the mythos that is Lady Mechanika adds to the overall brilliance of these books. Clockwork Assassin is a strong addition to the growth of this terrific character.

Lady Mechanika lives in a Steampunk England and her body has been experimented on to the point that her enhancements have
Diana Medina
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: steampunk, comic
The story in this volume reveals to us more of Mr. Lewis' past, which is something good and super interesting to see. The problems was that...
It is too short. With more pages that give us a more deep look in the psychology and story of the new characters and Mr. Lewis himself would have been infinitely better. The narration feels rushed and doesn't give me a lot emotion, honestly. But still is enjoyable in its manner.
Mike Priestland
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of my favourite series to read. Each volume is standalone but over the 4 story arcs so far we have slowly had the mystery of Lady M's origins teased.

Comics work best when the team make the best use of all the components, here entire sequences are conveyed through visual cues to give more impact to when the character dialogue is used.
Dávid Novotný
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Kind of a cliche story about revenge that doesn't bring anything new or important to the whole world of Lady Mechanika or genre itself. Art is great as always, but mostly focused on characters, less on steampunk world/inventions/architecture that brings a lot of potential and probably also challenges for artist. Small focusing panels are sometimes unnecessary and annoying...
Michael
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This was maybe the best one so far. We get to see Lady Mechanika bested and flawed, her partner takes more center stage, more clockworks than before, and a great murder mystery unfolds. The art is flawless. The story moves fast. I cant wait to see where it goes from here. ...more
Melisa
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Loved the art work. Just enough story and drama and action. I'm hoping he delves more into her past
Nicole Buettner
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want more!
Jess
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really interesting volume. I really liked the mystery.
Nic Lishko
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better and better!
Bob
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent steampunk mystery thriller. Meticulous, detailed illustrations. Very highly recommended.
Annette Jordan
Another beautiful volume in the series, A Clockwork Assassin sees Lady Mechanica on the trail of a mysterious female killer who appears to be hunting down a group of men who worked together on a secret arms project in the past. The sheer strength displayed in the attacks make Mechanica the prime suspect, but as well as clearing her name, the realisation that her friend may be the next target is motivation for her to track down the real killer.
As always, this book is visually stunning, the
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Lady Mechanika Vol. 4 through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

About a year ago I had a friend suggest the Lady Mechanika series to me, and Ive been so grateful ever since. Now were up to four volumes in the main plot, as well as one short story (Le Dama de la Muerte) to the series. Its hard to believe its come so far so fast, but here we are!
There are a lot of reasons I enjoy the Lady Mechanika series, one of the reasons is probably pretty obviously.
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
Originally posted on lampshadereader.com

Received a review copy from NetGalley.

For those of you who read my blog, you might know that I'm a total fan girl for Lady Mechanika. These eye candy graphic novels are such a treat to read and has made me 100% invested into the characters and this Steampunk world. The Clockwork Assassin is the perfect blend of Steampunk, murder and mystery.

Vol. 4: The Clockwork Assassin, follows Lady Mechanika in her hometown with a new threat and new adventure.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Once and Future King (Rat Queens Vol. 7)
  • Watersnakes
  • Black Cat Vol. 1: Grand Theft Marvel
  • Die, Vol. 1: Fantasy Heartbreaker
  • Monstress, Vol. 5: Warchild (Monstress #5)
  • Sherlock: Scandalo a Belgravia parte I (Sherlock #4)
  • Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen
  • Unnatural, Vol. 1: Awakening
  • Heathen, Vol. 2
  • Lady Mechanika Sangre #3
  • Birthright, Vol. 2: Call to Adventure
Joe Benítez is an American comic book artist who has worked on such titles as "JLA", "Superman/Batman", "Detective Comics", "Supergirl", and "Titans" for DC Comics and "The Darkness" for Image Comics. He also co-created and penciled the sci-fi series "Weapon Zero" and the dark fantasy mini-series "Magdalena: Blood Divine" for Image. In 2005, Joe published his first creator-owned mini-series ...more

Lady Mechanika Serie (6 books)
  • Le mystère du corps mécanique, partie 1 (Lady Mechanika, #1)
  • Le mystère du corps mécanique, partie 2 (Lady Mechanika, #2)
  • La Tablette des destinées (Lady Mechanika, #3)
  • Les garçons perdus de West Abbey +  La dama de la muerte (Lady Mechanika, #4)
  • La belle dame sans merci (Lady Mechanika, #6)

News & Interviews