Start by marking “Lady Mechanika, Vol. 4: Clockwork Assassin” as Want to Read:
Lady Mechanika, Vol. 4: Clockwork Assassin

Lady Mechanika, Vol. 4: Clockwork Assassin

(Lady Mechanika Volumes #4)

When a series of brutal murders linked to Mr. Lewis' past leads Detective Inspector Singh to Lady Mechanika's doorstep, the Inspector is finally forced to consider: is Lady Mechanika a crime-fighting hero or a cold blooded killer? 2017 Diamond Gem Award Nominee for Comic Book of the Year $3.99 or Under (Lady Mechanika: Clockwork Assassin #1).
Published June 26th 2018 by Benitez Productions

To ask other readers questions about Lady Mechanika, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Mechanika, Vol. 4

[Shai] Bibliophage
I was able to read a free copy of the first installment of the Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte before. I was really amazed by how great that issue is and I promised that someday I would try to check the other stories in the Lady Mechanika series.
Lady Mechanika Vol. 4: The Clockwork Assassin
And now, I saw that there's another free reading copy of the incredible this comic book. I was ecstatic to get my hands on this digital copy, and I'm really happy and amazed at how great the tandem of Benitez and Chen in coming up with this ano
Chad
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, edelweiss
The murder-mystery isn't much to speak of. The character designs and world building, however, are fantastic. In this volume, we peer into Mr. Lewis's (Lady Mechanika's inventor friend and sidekick) backstory. I like the nice touches of adding the gearworks frames around each page.

Received an advance copy from Benitez Productions and Edelweiss. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Corrie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika, Volume 4: Clockwork Killer gives us a chilling mystery set in the dark streets of London. Famous engineers are dying left and right at the hand of a mysterious killer bearing a striking resemblance to Lady Mechanica. Who is trying to frame her? Lady Mechanika is in a race against time to stop the killer and at the same time trying to clear her name.

Joe Benítez supplies us with oodles of gorgeously detailed art. The storyline has plenty of action, suspence and a nice twist at the
Cathy (cathepsut)
I read Volume 1 some time ago and thought I give this a try. Pretty much the same experience. Pretty nice artwork, if you don‘t mind that the women are built like Barbie and have rubber tire lips. I like the muted colours.

The murder mystery was ok, alas it did not interest me much. There is a twist at the end, but it is not terribly surprising.

If you are into steampunk murder-mysteries with busty women, this might be a great choice.

There is some confusion regrading the numbering. Not quite sure
Cyndi
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! I love the art! A Victorian clockwork assassin is taking out men from a secret organization. But is the assassin our heroine?
Jessica Strider
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pros: gorgeous artwork, interesting characters, short mystery

Cons:

When old co-workers of Archibald Lewis start dying, Lady Mechanika is implicated in their murders.

As with the previous volumes I loved the artwork. I love the sharp cheekbones and narrow chins. I love Lady Mechanika’s Victorian-steampunk outfits. There’s a lot of motion and animation to the frames.

This volume can easily be read independent of the others (there are 2 minor references to prior events). The mystery is fast paced and
Florin Pitea
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it to pieces. It might have benefitted from a longer story arc, but it has a tight plot, great dialogues and astonishing artwork, not to mention a fabulous cover gallery at the end. Highly recommended.
Steve
I received this from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Beautiful artwork, good story. I am confused about the naming, though. Cover says "Volume 4", but all the titles on Goodreads, Edelweiss, and Amazon say "Volume 5".
Devann
I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley

Once again I'm kind of disappointed that this volume is so short because I think it definitely could have benefited from a few extra details. Still, it was a fun read and I think the series has really come into its own with the last few volumes so I'm definitely glad i didn't stop reading this series. I absolutely love the new art style in this volume. I think the style is a good fit for this book and is a testament to the fact that you actually
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for the review copy in exchange for an honest review

One graphic novel I have heard a bit about would be Lady Mechanika. While searching through what kind of comics and graphic novels I could read through the library I found a few volumes of this graphic novel. Shortly after that I found this volume on Netgalley and decided to give it a try.

When I first looked into Lady Mechanika I had to really search what was what. Most of these big volumes are first p
47Time
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-fantasy
A man is killed in the street by being cut in two at the waist. Given the force of the blow a person with mechanical enhancements is suspected. At the victim's funeral a friend of the man is also killed without anyone noticing the deed, not even the dead man himself. The thing they have in common is that they worked for Athena Industries and Blackpool Armaments in weapons design. Singh accuses Lady Mechanika after a witness claims to have seen her killing a third victim.

(view spoiler)
Gianna
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A mysterious murderer lurks in the dark. The victims have been sliced in half by someone with enormous strength and skills, and Lady Mechanika is accused of the murders, as she is the only one capable of such brutality. But as the murdered victims are connected to each other and to Mr. Lewis, Lady Mechanika and Detective Inspector Singh will have to work together in order to find the real murderer
Jessica (HighFantasyFanatic)
I hesitate to give this a low rating as the art style and characters are brilliant, however, these volumes keep getting shorter and shorter and I feel unfulfilled by the end of the story.
Nicola Mansfield
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I've really enjoyed all the Lady Mechanika books. This one isn't quite up to par with the others as the plot is rather dull and it's very short leaving us without much character development. There isn't really any action until the ending. The illustration, however, is as one would expect. The steampunk outfits are gorgeous. The ending is non-finite leaving us with the distinct impression there will be a sequel. Not the best in the series but a fun diversion.
Marjolein
Full review to come!
Albert
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika, Vol. 5: Clockwork Assassin is another great addition to Joe Benitez and his run on this book. You will be blown away by the artwork but what Benitez does so well here is tell the story. Each tale in the mythos that is Lady Mechanika adds to the overall brilliance of these books. Clockwork Assassin is a strong addition to the growth of this terrific character.

Lady Mechanika lives in a Steampunk England and her body has been experimented on to the point that her enhancements have g
Melisa
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Loved the art work. Just enough story and drama and action. I'm hoping he delves more into her past
Nic
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better and better!
Bob
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent steampunk mystery thriller. Meticulous, detailed illustrations. Very highly recommended.
Annette Jordan
Another beautiful volume in the series, A Clockwork Assassin sees Lady Mechanica on the trail of a mysterious female killer who appears to be hunting down a group of men who worked together on a secret arms project in the past. The sheer strength displayed in the attacks make Mechanica the prime suspect, but as well as clearing her name, the realisation that her friend may be the next target is motivation for her to track down the real killer.
As always, this book is visually stunning, the attent
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Lady Mechanika Vol. 4 through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

About a year ago I had a friend suggest the Lady Mechanika series to me, and I’ve been so grateful ever since. Now we’re up to four volumes in the main plot, as well as one short story (Le Dama de la Muerte) to the series. It’s hard to believe it’s come so far so fast, but here we are!
There are a lot of reasons I enjoy the Lady Mechanika series, one of the reasons is probably pretty obviously
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
Originally posted on lampshadereader.com

Received a review copy from NetGalley.

For those of you who read my blog, you might know that I'm a total fan girl for Lady Mechanika. These eye candy graphic novels are such a treat to read and has made me 100% invested into the characters and this Steampunk world. The Clockwork Assassin is the perfect blend of Steampunk, murder and mystery.

Vol. 4: The Clockwork Assassin, follows Lady Mechanika in her hometown with a new threat and new adventure. Beside
Star Bookworm
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
We have, today, the fourth installment in the world of Lady Mechanika. You can catch up with Vols. 1-3 here, here and here.

Our steampunk mystery for today revolves around Mr. Lewis's past colliding with his present. There is a dark secret behind the work of Blackpool engineers, and Lady Mechanika is the leading suspect for their crimes (insert dramatic mystery music).

The first volume suitably pulled me in with its steampunk Holmesian heroine, Lady Mechanika, and her endearing drunk engineer, Mr.
Earl
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this volume to be my favorite of the series so far. The artwork is, as usual, very good. The real difference for me was the story. This was a story about human emotions and the types of things all of us can easily relate to. Just like the best science fiction, no matter how unique the world, can be understood as being about human nature and human society, so too the best of steampunk.

There are the usual characteristics that are evident in a lot steampunk graphic novels, namely suggestive
Karissa
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it

This is the fourth book in the Lady Mechanika series. I didn’t like it quite as much as previous volumes in the series. I felt like there was a lot less action and a lot more “who done it” mystery type story. I continue to really enjoy the illustration and love the main characters.

Someone is killing people who were involved in a secret device program and Lady Mechanika is being blamed because the assassin appears to have mechanical abilities. Lady Mechanika tries to help the police find the kil
Paul Franco
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, I’m gonna pretend the Day of the Dead volume never happened. Also a bit sad I missed the Free Comic Book Day edition, but what can you do?
A mysterious lady who could easily pass for Mechanika slashes an industrialist on an empty street. Luckily for Mechanika it’s her “admirer” Detective Singh who’s on the case, but after two more murders even he’s not sure of her innocence.
I love that Harry says he’s the brains and she’s the brawn, and Mechanika doesn’t object.
“Umph. That was graceful. Exe
Jake
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This volume is something that will catch a lot of people off guard after reading the previous stories of Lady Mechanika. The fantastical elements take a backseat here, one where a genuine murder mystery comes to the fore. Unlike the others that build up to the antagonist from page one, this mystery plays with the reader. Even the cover proves to be a red herring. The misdirections never feel forced, I genuinely thought the killer was someone else. But then it took rereading the panels to finally ...more
Theediscerning
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
There remain fragments of evidence to why I disliked the first LM book so much – the excessive word count at times, some of the artistic angles and poses – but much more that was to my taste than ever was initially. People who worked on some hush-hush war project once upon a time are getting killed off, even at the funeral of their colleagues, and the Lady is of course a suspect. It's just too obvious who is behind it all, but on the whole it wasn't a complete failure. If you like the sexiness-w ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Joe Benítez is an American comic book artist who has worked on such titles as "JLA", "Superman/Batman", "Detective Comics", "Supergirl", and "Titans" for DC Comics and "The Darkness" for Image Comics. He also co-created and penciled the sci-fi series "Weapon Zero" and the dark fantasy mini-series "Magdalena: Blood Divine" for Image. In 2005, Joe published his first creator-owned mini-series "Wrait ...more

Lady Mechanika Volumes (4 books)
  • The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse