Start by marking “A Merciful Fate (Mercy Kilpatrick, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Merciful Fate (Mercy Kilpatrick, #5)

A Merciful Fate

(Mercy Kilpatrick #5)

In the next book in the Wall Street Journal bestselling Mercy Kilpatrick series, there are no such things as little secrets…

Raised by preppers, survivalist and FBI agent Mercy Kilpatrick has a deep-rooted need for a safe place. Her getaway in the Cascade Foothills is her secret. But when skeletal remains are unearthed—those of a murdered man linked to a notorious heist—
Published January 15th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about A Merciful Fate, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Luann Boltze No. This book is the next one in the series after the book where her cabin burns.

Start your review of A Merciful Fate (Mercy Kilpatrick, #5)
Liz
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

With this being number five in the Mercy Kilpatrick series, it’s beginning to feel like reuniting with old friends. I consistently like this series and the characters.

I will say, I’m a mystery, not a romance oriented gal, so sometimes the romance portion comes on a little strong for my taste. But it is refreshing to have a female main character whose personal life is not in pieces.

This time the story involves the found skeletal remains of someone involved in a bank heist that occurred 30 years
Barbara
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it

In this 5th book in the 'Mercy Kilpatrick' series, the FBI agent investigates a decades old armored car robbery. The book can be read as a standalone.

For those not familiar with the series: Mercy Kilpatrick grew up in a prepper family in Eagle's Nest, Oregon but she fell out with her kinfolk and left.

After becoming an FBI agent Mercy returned to Eagle's Nest, where she works in the local FBI office and solves crimes with her partner, Eddie Peterson. Mercy is now on good terms with her mom and
Maureen Carden
Reading A Merciful Fate is like coming home and slipping into my jimmy-jams, robe and slippers, turning on the fire and gathering up the dog, throw and glass of wine.
This is absolutely not to imply the books in this, series, including A Merciful Fate are cozies. Au contraire, mes amies. This series has kept me on the edge of my couch and turning pages as quickly as possible. I still have not totally recovered from the last book A Merciful. Silence Of course these books can be read alone,
☕️Kimberly
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This case testedFBI Agent Mercy Kilpatrick and her fiancé Police Chief Truman Daly and provided an addictive tale that pulled me in and never let go.

An armored-car robbery turned deadly, before the mastermind of the heist iscaptured. However, four conspirators vanished with a fortune. Now, thirty-years later it appears one of the four never made it out of the woods

While out hiking, Ollie and his dog stumble upon a grizzly discovery in an abandoned cabin. When Truman discovers bank bags, he calls
♥Rachel♥
I figured out the killer early on, still, I love this series! These characters have a special place in my heart. Ollie is a new favorite, introduced in the last book, and he was an important part to this story. Glad he didn't always take the advice given. (view spoiler)

Got to say I wanted to smack Mercy's father! What a jerk. Now that I've binged my way through these last
Melanie
A Merciful Fate was another fantastic addition to the Mercy Kilpatrick series with an intriguing case for Mercy that I thoroughly enjoyed.

For FBI agent and survivalist Mercy Kilpatrick, her getaway in the Cascade Foothills is her sanctuary. But when a skeleton is found in those same woods, and that skeleton provides the first lead in thirty years from an unsolved armored-car robbery, Mercy knows those weekends away are on hold while she's looking at the biggest case of her career. As Mercy
TJ
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5.0
If one is looking for a fantastic mystery/suspense series this one is the one to pick! In this installment, Mercy lands in the middle of a 30-year-old cold case when Ollie, her fiance’s ward, stumbles upon an old cabin with a man’s bones inside and a bullet hole in the skull. The story is classic and riveting mystery at its best with a surprise twist at the end that will shock even the best slueths out there!
Ian
Mercy Kilpatrick is everything you could ask for.
Great characters, well written, great story.

My full review is here: A Merciful Fate

But honestly, all I did was use more words to say exactly what I said in the first two lines here.

Many thanks to Montlake Romance for providing me with this review copy
Anita
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, mystery

Love, LOVE, LOVE this series and this book is just awesome. The mystery plot is fantastic and not having the baddie's POV just keeps the suspense building from beginning to end. Lost of twists and turns and no end of suspects and motives, just the way a really great mystery should be.

Nearly thirty years ago an armored car in Portland, OR was robbed. A guard was killed, a
Carla Johnson-Hicks
In this fifth outing of the Mercy Kilpatrick series, Special Agent Mercy Kilpatrick is pulled into an infamous bank robbery from thirty years ago. When a skeleton found in an abandoned cabin in the woods turn out to belong to one of the robbers, it is Mercy's job to see if she can finally solve the mystery of what happened to the rest of the gang and the money. Just as Mercy starts re-investigating the robbery with the help of the original FBI agent on the case, a young tabloid reporter shows up ...more
"Avonna
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

A MERCIFUL FATE (Mercy Kilpatrick #5) by Kendra Elliot is the latest romantic suspense, mystery/suspense, FBI procedural, who cares what you call it, cannot put it down read featuring one of my favorite main characters! This is a series I recommend you read in order because each book builds on all of the characters’ relationships and secrets besides giving you new crimes and/or mysteries in each.

Special Agent Mercy Kilpatrick is
Cathy Ryan
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While out hiking with his dog, Ollie (who we were introduced to in the previous book) finds human remains in a tumbledown cabin in the woods, miles from anywhere. It’s the beginning of an investigation that has its roots in a thirty year old cold case—an armoured car robbery, known as The Gamble-Helmet Heist, one of the biggest robberies in the Pacific Northwest. The man behind the whole operation was shot and captured at the scene after he killed a guard. The rest of the gang fled with the ...more
Petra
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the other ones in the series. The story line was too transparent. Still love this series though and look forward to book 6.
Linda
A 30-year-old armored car robbery, a murdered thief and multiple missing suspects link Mercy Kilpatrick and her FBI team with Deschutes County and Eagle’s Nest, Oregon. It was one of the largest heists on record, second only to the D. B. Cooper case. Needless-to-say, Mercy was excited. Besides that, she would happily get to work with her now-fiancee, police chief Truman Daly.

Just when I thought I had a good handle with the townspeople, Ms. Elliot put me to shame. As Mercy digs into the past,
Anna
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
voluntarily read and reviewed an copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks to the author for providing a copy of this book via Netgalley

What a good suspense story! It was my first book from this author and will not be the last!! I swear!!

Great MCs SCs, plot, writing style, what wouldn't you like?
Although this is book 5 in series, you can read as standalone.
And what a twist!! I didn't see it coming!
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: s-bv-library
Another excellent addition to this series.
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I was happy to continue the Mercy Kilpatrick series. This feels more crime/ mystery suspense than a romance. There is kissing but the sex is mostly off page. I've enjoyed the world-building of this small town in a rural mountain area with many survivalists. The preppers are fascinating to me and cool; I love DYI and
Anna
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the author for providing a copy of this book via Netgalley

Great MCs SCs, plot, writing style, what wouldn't you like?
Although this is book 5 in series, you can read as standalone.
And what a twist!! I didn't see it coming!
Reen
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC of A Merciful Fate in exchange for an honest review. A Merciful Fate is the 5th book in the Mercy Kilpatrick series. Mercy was raised in a survivalist family and left to pursue a career with the FBI, which was not welcomed by her family. When she returns to her hometown of Eagles Nest, she reunites with her old boyfriend,Truman Daly, who is now the police chief. Thirty years ago, an armored-car robbery turned deadly. The mastermind was captured ...more
Erth
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Caitlyn Lynch
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
How well do you really know someone? That’s a question posed more than once in this intriguing thriller by Kendra Elliot, fifth in the Mercy Kilpatrick series about an FBI agent in Bend, Oregon. Raised by a family of off-the-grid survivalists, Mercy’s instincts die hard, but when you’ve known someone for a decade or more as a pillar of the community, it’s unimaginable they could be involved in a major crime.

When an ancient skeleton is found in a crumbling shack, one of the greatest unsolved
Bea
3.5 stars A little too soap opera-ish but some good twists and turns. Review to come.
Paula  Phillips
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Over thirty years ago, there was an armored car robbery. There were said to be five people involved. Only one was ever caught and sentenced to prison which was Shane. The others vanished without a trace along with the money. Now years later, out in the backwoods, a body has been found, and it looks like it is connected to the armed robbery case. Mercy who is now an FBI agent and her partner Police Chief Truman is on the case as they set out to identify the dead body. Doing this means re-opening ...more
S. R. Lewis
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

This book is so good! I love the characters in this series. They are fleshed out so well. This story is full of suspense and twists and the path from beginning to end is enjoyable. Love is sprinkled in nicely. Great read!!!
Sophia
A thirty-year old bank heist that remains unsolved has new light shed on it and Mercy lands the case while Truman works a vicious vandalism case. Another addicting installment to a an abso-fab series!

A Merciful Fate is book five and comes some months after the events close out in the last book. This is a series that ties closely together from book to book even if a new case or cases pop up in each book so it doesn't work well standalone or out of order.

Ollie is settling into life back in
Darcy
There was a lot going on in this one and at times it seemed really simple, but at other times you really weren’t sure who to trust, who was the bad guy and who the was the good guy. Sadly, a lot of them were in the gray area. Mercy kept chipping away at things, determined to get to the bottom of things. By the end of the book she was a bit disillusioned, but there was a new bright spot in her life. It was nice to see Mercy look to that and finally set a date with Truman to get married.

The one
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Another win from Kendra Elliot. I don't think Ms. Elliot can write a bad book.

Mercy, Truman, Rosie, and one heck of a mystery. This book is about a 30 year old bank heist. Once again, Kendra has written a tale that weaves us through a wonderfully suspenseful tale sprinkled with the right amount of romance. This book kept me reading well into the night needing to get to the end to see where Ms. Elliot would take me.

Would I recommend? Heck yeah! I love this series. If you love suspenseful
Kathy Martin
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story begins when Ollie's dog Shep finds a bone when the two of them are out on a wilderness walk. Ollie is quick to call Truman who alerts the county cops. When it is discovered that the bones are with some empty bank bags, Mercy is called in - bank robbery being a federal crime.

Suspicions are quickly confirmed that the body was probably one of the Gamble-Helmet killers. There was an armored car robbery some thirty years earlier in which one of the guards was killed and one of the robbers
Cindy
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
An absorbing mystery about a 30 year old armored-car robbery. Mercy and her FBI team get the first big break about the age old mystery when a body is discovered turns out to be one of the robbers.

As Mercy and the FBI are trying to uncover more about the heist, Truman and the Eagle's Nest police department are trying to figure out who is vandalizing two prominent women in the town's businesses. Are these two things completely unrelated or is there a thread tying them together.

An enthralling
Mags
A Merciful Fate was an extremely enjoyable, gripping story. That grabbed me from the very first page and never let go. Thanks to a storyline, that had the perfect amount of mystery, suspense, and intrigue. Not to mention multiple threads that all came together brilliantly and included a 30 year old bank robbery, an attack on a retired teacher, and vandalism at a local B&B. And I literally had no idea who was involved and whether FBI Agent Mercy Kilpatrick and her colleagues would survive ...more

• A Bone to Pick (Widow's Island #2)
  • Secrets Never Die (Morgan Dane, #5)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Save Your Breath (Morgan Dane #6)
  • What I've Done (Morgan Dane, #4)
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Criminal Profiler #1)
  • Buried Deep (Jessie Cole, #4)
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
  • I See You (Criminal Profiler, #2)
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
  • Deranged (Jessie Cole, #3)
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 7 Million books and been on the WSJ best seller list ten times.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

*New series!* THE LAST SISTER and THE SILENCE

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS:

Mercy Kilpatrick (6 books)
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick, #1)
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
  • A Merciful Silence (Mercy Kilpatrick, #4)
  • A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick, #6)
“I’m fine.” The biggest lie ever uttered by every woman.” 1 likes
“That was another thing he feared about Melissa. She could carry on a one-sided conversation for a half hour. It’d happened to him twice, and he still hadn’t come up with an escape technique for the next incident.” 0 likes